• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Anime Season 2 |OT| wacky waving inflatable sword man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're all missing the best one!

Gotta find a raw gif version of this.

https://twitter.com/Beigemoth/status/868202074730885120

giphy.gif

Gulz1992

In a strange way, I've kind of enjoyed watching this anime. It is both hilarious and fascinatingly bad. I've laughed at it a lot - and I still love the gifs that it's brought us - but I am also interested by how it's such a failure on every conceivable level. I enjoy thinking about why it's bad.

It's a particularly interesting case because I can see a few hints in it of something awesome like the Berserk manga. Where did it go wrong, and how did it go wrong so completely?

yeah it's been pretty easy to tell for a while that this isn't even a budgetary issue. it's just a matter of either people who don't care or incompetent people working on this adaption.

StoneFox

I admit I only enter this thread to see the hilarious gifs, I refuse to believe someone paid real money for this.

I still hold onto the hope that Berserk will get a Jojo level of quality (or at least passion) anime adaption. One day... ;_;

It's either time constraints or incompetence. I'm heavily leaning towards it being pure incompetence.

The incompetence will always be there. But considering next week episode was postponed, time obviously plays a big part in those atrocious things. This is basically the worst possible craftsman working on the clock.

I've honestly never seen something so bad being released without the purpose of being bad. The animation, no matter how horrific it is, is not the shows biggest problem. It's everything else.

Hypron

I mean goddamn that's the worse anime adaptation I've ever seen (from looking at the gifs). The fact it comes from such highly respected source material makes it even more mind-boggling.

How does a train wreck like this happen? I'd be interested in a documentary explaining why things went this wrong.

Maddness

Why the fuck did someone mod Reboot to look like Berserk and why is it fucking up the greatest manga that ever existed?

Hellraider

That was by far the worst episode of the 2016/7 series and it happened right on one of my favorite Berserk(er) moments of all time. I don't know which Berserk fan sinned that much, but nobody deserves this...

I now have to wonder if this can get any worse...

Szadek

That was by far the worst episode of the 2016/7 series and it happened right on one of my favorite Berserk(er) moments of all time. I don't know which Berserk fan sinned that much, but nobody deserves this...

I now have to wonder if this can get any worse...
Dude, WTF are you doing?
Now that you said that, it will defiently get much worse.
Not sure how that's possible, but they will find a way.

Mr Git

You guys are doing Zodds work enduring this show. I tapped out after the first episode as I couldn't face subjecting myself to any more.

Braver folk than I.

I got 5 minutes into the first episode before bailing. Couldn't see one of my favourite arcs so mistreated. The gifs in this thread though, jesus.

I can't believe people are still holding on to the idea that the berserker armor will be well animated. The only reason the scene was good was because they cut to a still of miura's art.

Numb

MechaX

Oh my God that Apostle that's talking before Skull Knight cuts his head off looks straight out of fucking Reboot.

You guys were not kidding or exaggerating about this episode.

Gulz1992

What studio is doing this shit again?
It looks worse than Toei Animations efforts.

The 3D is done by GEMBA, while everything else (the 2D, direction, sound) is handled by Millepensee, if I'm not mistaken. Neither one of them clearly have much experience with what they've attempted with this show.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't commented in this thread in a while but the last episode was a roller coaster of emotions for me, like getting a 5 kill in Overwatch, then mercy resurrects the enemy team, then you attempt to kill 3 more, then their Lucio boops your whole team off the map and you finally lose. Hype for the armor, hate for the animation, hype for the voice acting, hate for the fast-forward pacing.

Honestly I'm not trying to join the dislike/make fun of train here, as I was just getting used to how this show looked and then this episode happened. I'm genuinely concerned. Does anyone know why this episode looked considerably worse than the ones before it? Are they saving budget for the next episode? Did someone get fired or not show up for work? Did they have budget cuts? I really want a behind the scenes story of this, like when polygon interviews game developers who created a failed or cancelled project.

Does anyone know why this episode looked considerably worse than the ones before it? Are they saving budget for the next episode? Did someone get fired or not show up for work? Did they have budget cuts? I really want a behind the scenes story of this, like when polygon interviews game developers who created a failed or cancelled project.
I want to be naive and say that they cheaped on this one to make room for the next.

But alternately, anime works with directors for individual episodes. Someone could have dropped the ball and with their presumably broken pipeline, it probably snowballed into a million issues and can just be generally written off as an isolated loss.

Hystzen

Im ready for the berserker armour scenes so i cry after how badly they ruined it im ready for hearing none stop pan sounds.

If the VA nails Guts scream i might let it off

Anung

Un Rama
Im ready for the berserker armour scenes so i cry after how badly they ruined it im ready for hearing none stop pan sounds.

If the VA nails Guts scream i might let it off

"We ran out of money so the Berserker armour scene will be performed via sock puppet"

Hell, I'd watch that.

Anung

Un Rama
Shadow puppets in a wall bang some pans job done

That'd have more fluid animation for one thing.

Can't wait till they animate the boat arc. Just 12 episodes of an MS paint boat super imposed onto a static image of water as Forces plays in the back but it was recorded on a kazoo.

Hystzen

That'd have more fluid animation for one thing.

Can't wait till they animate the boat arc. Just 12 episodes of an MS paint boat super imposed onto a static image of water as Forces plays in the back but it was recorded on a kazoo.

Just film a toy boat in a bath get clean and film episode same time repeat same clip need outside boat shot

wwm0nkey

Honestly this is almost as offensive

381475f6a7569b185ccaded5ef9f61f2.png

his fucking arm mesh is twisted...how the fuck does that even happen? Look at how thin his wrist area is

Hystzen

Episode 20 was actually pretty good had alot of hand drawn moments easily best even paced good (apart from trolls staying still during sex)but this episode was such a massive set down it crazy how bad it reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom