• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Community |OT| Pudding Pls (*´`) () (^o^)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
2016 Neptunia VII western release? I think it'll be released still in 2015.

Either at the tail end of the year, or Q1. There's still U that needs to come out (as well as Omega Quintet). Geeze IF has so much resources for a western division! Seriously, how do they localize so quickly?? What are their secrets?

Corgi

Banned
Either at the tail end of the year, or Q1. There's still U that needs to come out (as well as Omega Quintet). Geeze IF has so much resources for a western division! Seriously, how do they localize so quickly?? What are their secrets?
Probably easier to do these loose translation with some funnies than trying to parse wtf is going on in a final Fantasy script.

Let's nepnep vs let's l'cie

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Probably easier to do these loose translation with some funnies than trying to parse wtf is going on in a final Fantasy script.

Let's nepnep vs let's l'cie

It's still super fast compared to other smaller niche companies. Dubbing takes a long time as well, no matter who is doing it.

Well, my guess is that since Neptune has done SO well in the west, they have the $$ to pump them out, knowing that a dedicated fanbase will pick them up (ALL of them) right away.

Maid

Banned
They have nothing past summer and the only other games they could be working on are Moero, VII and Trillion.

Isn't Moero already released? To be honest I'd love to see Trillion first. Too much Neptunia already. I still need to buy Noire and wait for U.

HGH

Banned
Good OT! Thanks for handling that burden. Although you're gonna have to add a couple Makers by the time RB3 is out(MAGES.,CC2 and Tekken aren't listed for example). And I suppose we can stop using the Victory II thread as the general news one now too.

I think a section for the main series' gameplay mechanics might be useful. Lots of people seem to ask just how the games play when they hear about it. Since Mk2, V, RB1/2/3 and VII all handle more or less the same, I think a few basic explanations would be nice. I could write them if you want?
There's also some more media but I don't think anyone cares about light novels really. The two separate manga are Megami Tsuushin and Hello New World, and while the latter is anime based it does its own, unrelated plots. You can find them if you look around a bit.

It's still super fast compared to other smaller niche companies. Dubbing takes a long time as well, no matter who is doing it.

Well, my guess is that since Neptune has done SO well in the west, they have the $$ to pump them out, knowing that a dedicated fanbase will pick them up (ALL of them) right away.
It's funny but, if I go by the credits of the ReBirth games, they have 11 employees. Total. I have no idea how they do it, it's kinda insane.
Although since the series more or less has the same VAs across a bunch of games, I gotta assume they do stuff in batches. Like, RB2 and Noire came out in January and February, so they probably had the scripts for both games ready and being done at the same time. Same thing with U and RB3 coming out not too far apart.
Also, RB1, in comparison to RB2 and Noire, looked like it didn't have any $$ at all in retrospect. (lack of)Dubbing aside there was just a lot of weird things going with it, like some stilted grammar and unedited names, not to mention the LE fiasco.

Isn't Moero already released? To be honest I'd love to see Trillion first. Too much Neptunia already. I still need to buy Noire and wait for U.
I think that game was delayed to April, and is being handled by someone else. Considering it's getting one of those Hong Kong English translations and only coming out in Asia, it's probably done by an Asian company rather than IFI.
Well, OQ is April 28th or something. I hear Amazon has NepU listed as May 19th but that could be placeholder dates. RB3 is listed for Summer so let's just say July for now. Trillion is only coming out in Japan in April, and looking at trends here there's a 9 months or so delay between a release and a localization so I wouldn't see it coming until November at least, since I'm sure they'll prioritize getting VII out first.

OMG Aero

Suggestions for OP:
  • Replace "Best girl" with "Best character"
  • Change the Victory and Re;birth 3 sections to give recognition to the true best character in those games: Copypaste

SerTapTap

Oh, this is fast. I got a ton of neptunia swag recently, can post more pics later.

IMG_20150323_171830.jpg

Managed to get the noire minifig. Hope they start getting more and better figs in the future, the quality of most of the current ones is very poor, and the ones that aren't are unreleased and/or extremely expensive.

Suggestions for OP:
  • Replace "Best girl" with "Best character"

There are no (relevant) male characters, so. Doesn't Copypaste identify as a girl anyway?

I would suggest removing bias from the OP though, "best X" is never OP material
Especially with a filthy Noire hater OP

SerTapTap

Fuck. Bought the Neptunia Vol 7 blu ray limited edition on ebay (did you know there are only limited edition blu rays, all selling at $70+ per set, which is incredibly annoying?) since I finally found one that included the Neptune Nendroid. Just got an email today that they refunded and were out of stuck. Back to hunting.

hmmm in which game do you get Uni's other HDD form. It's... interesting.

Probably the game with Uni on the cover! (she's in every game except Nep 1 on PS3, though usually late/postgame except Mk2/rebirth 2 where she's a main character)

So many goodies!

I have this and highly recommend it for anyone in the US that wants a Nep artbook. Good stuff :3
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdimension-Neptunia-Artworks-Idea-Factory/dp/1927925096/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427201314&sr=8-1&keywords=neptunia+book

Would you happen to know if that's mostly a copy of the Japanese mk2 book? I'm not super familiar with the differences in things. Pretty cheap though, might just get it

Would you happen to know if that's mostly a copy of the Japanese mk2 book? I'm not super familiar with the differences in things. Pretty cheap though, might just get it

Not sure really...I would assume so but it does have some English text in this one. I was very happy with it but it's my only Nep book....so far :3

Corgi

Banned
Fuck. Bought the Neptunia Vol 7 blu ray limited edition on ebay (did you know there are only limited edition blu rays, all selling at $70+ per set, which is incredibly annoying?) since I finally found one that included the Neptune Nendroid. Just got an email today that they refunded and were out of stuck. Back to hunting.

Probably the game with Uni on the cover! (she's in every game except Nep 1 on PS3, though usually late/postgame except Mk2/rebirth 2 where she's a main character)

i mean the skimpy bikini outfit.

So many goodies!

I have this and highly recommend it for anyone in the US that wants a Nep artbook. Good stuff :3
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdimension...=neptunia+book
Books › Arts & Photography › History & Criticism › History
lol

Rezae

Just beat Re;Birth1 last night for the first time (perfect ending). Really enjoyed it. Dabbled a little bit on NG+ and it was fun being so overpowered. Should get the platinum in it later in the week I hope. Found Tekken and Noire to be the most badass. I see myself buzzing through the rest of the series throughout the spring.

SerTapTap

i mean the skimpy bikini outfit.

Books › Arts & Photography › History & Criticism › History
lol

Oh, that's just her second HDD form, you unlock it late-ish in the game along with everyone else's

Just beat Re;Birth1 last night for the first time (perfect ending). Really enjoyed it. Dabbled a little bit on NG+ and it was fun being so overpowered. Should get the platinum in it later in the week I hope. Found Tekken and Noire to be the most badass. I see myself buzzing through the rest of the series throughout the spring.

Only problem with the plat in that is the money grinding. If you want, buying at least one level-cap DLC helps (I was > level 300 by the end, the Risky Foes' XP can add up quick). Basically you want to just beat up the lowest level Clione enemy over and over (I could OHKO it with Histoire's EXE attack by the end and everyone else just spammed rush attacks to build meter). When you have over half the money you need, just save, buy and sell expensive crap (swimsuits) in the store until you get the trophy, then reload your save once you get the trophy to not lose all your money (though you should be basically done at that point).

jonno394

Only finished Rebirth 1 but own Noire and Rebirth 2 (i'll get to them eventually). Can't wait for Neptunia U!

Subbed to this thread :)

Corgi

Banned
Oh, that's just her second HDD form, you unlock it late-ish in the game along with everyone else's

hmmm... mind must be blanking... don't remember anyone having a new HDD outfit upgrade in rebirth 2 besides Nepgear... I remember them getting exe attacks...

I'm all in on this series since the Vita releases. I did burn out a little during Re;birth 2 but I'm still planning on buying everything going forward day 1.

Looking forward to Neptunia U the most.

SerTapTap

No that's Anonydeath.
Copypaste is the best bro who ends the game as Blanc's tea serving robot.
C7RX8rq.jpg

Oh right, forgot about him entirely. Been a while since I played victory (at release). I love when the robots pictures take up the entire screen. Victory actually did a pretty decent job characterizing the villains.

hmmm... mind must be blanking... don't remember anyone having a new HDD outfit upgrade in rebirth 2 besides Nepgear... I remember them getting exe attacks...

They should get them when they fight their "rival" CFW, either the first or second time. I think they get auto-equipped too. The main body is always universally superior, too. Nepgear even has a third one in Rebirth 2, only for getting the holy sword ending though (It's a white palette swap of the black one she gets )

Corgi

Banned
bah, now this is gonna be itchy for me all day... will investigate when I go home!

The realest question of the thread though... why does Uni's bust get smaller when she HDD's?

CA3cijxWoAAdOWu.jpg

jesus. Vert has an imouto. Blanc has boobs. VII is shaping out to be a #gamechanger.

SerTapTap

bah, now this is gonna be itchy for me all day... will investigate when I go home!

The realest question of the thread though... why does Uni's bust get smaller when she HDD's?

This is addressed in an event in Rebirth 2 actually.
she stuffs her bra
spoilers of the most important kind

Wonder if there will ever be a canon reason for the (occasional) bust size change in HDD. Poor Uni and Blanc.

SerTapTap

hard to tell but it seems like maybe noire's Next form gets bust reduction too? Stupid ps4 being slim!

Kinda looks like it, but it might just be how the costume works. You only really see underboob. I don't think it's really tied to console size anyway. PS3 was larger than 360 at the start of last gen (and more or less tied by the end). Vert's just big because she's the 'Merican console I guess.

Corgi

Banned
Is there any interviews about the design for the Next forms? Nothing about them scream... next gen... consoles? dont know. My artistic eye has been fading since post college :/

HGH

Banned
Isn't the Funimation set coming out in June? That has dual audio too. Unless you're just looking to complete your collection/get limited merch.

First review on that page says it is the same and a quick search of the Japanese title confirms it. So it's mostly if you want to read all the comments and Tsunako interviews.

Is there any interviews about the design for the Next forms? Nothing about them scream... next gen... consoles? dont know. My artistic eye has been fading since post college :/
They were in the magazine with the first reveals, I'll go look for them.

Maid

Banned
Kinda looks like it, but it might just be how the costume works. You only really see underboob. I don't think it's really tied to console size anyway. PS3 was larger than 360 at the start of last gen (and more or less tied by the end). Vert's just big because she's the 'Merican console I guess.

I'm pretty sure at that time the breast size were related to the console's RAM or something.

SerTapTap

So how is the anime anyways? Thinking of watching it at some point.

A friend really liked it, though he went and spoiled himself on basically all 3 games in the process (he's only played half of rebirth 1 so far)

Isn't the Funimation set coming out in June? That has dual audio too. Unless you're just looking to complete your collection/get limited merch.

First review on that page says it is the same and a quick search of the Japanese title confirms it. So it's mostly if you want to read all the comments and Tsunako interviews.

Yeah I know about the Funimation set (didn't know it was coming in June though). But the JP one was limited which is pretty annoying. Still trying to hunt down a proper set of 7 with the nendoroid. IMO they could handle merch a lot better, especially when it comes to bringing stuff westward. Though it seems IFI is trying, I was pleasantly surprised they had the Noire figures brought over, even if it was missing in the LE.

Oh, the art book has interviews? I guess I'll buy an english one too. I didn't know they had any released in the US outside of the limited edition stuff that comes with games. I didn't know half this stuff existed before the day I bought it, someone had 10 used (but immaculate) listings on ebay and I bought 'em all for dat free shipping.

OMG Aero

Oh right, forgot about him entirely. Been a while since I played victory (at release). I love when the robots pictures take up the entire screen. Victory actually did a pretty decent job characterizing the villains.
real talk the seven sages as a whole are better characters than anyone you play as in victory

Corgi

Banned
So how is the anime anyways? Thinking of watching it at some point.

its good fun. finally get magic girl transformations for these cpus. Weird they totally cheaped out on those in the games. Seems like they are rectifying that somewhat with Next forms.

Corgi

Banned
Oh? I should avoid it if I haven't played the Rebirths then? Glad I asked lol

anime is mostly for people that played at least the first 2 games/remakes. Should be enjoyable for people that didn't play the games though.

Series is real loose about story and canon and all that

It has major Victory/Rebirth 3 spoilers. Not sure what else it spoils, but that's one of few things that I think is a pretty big deal to spoil in the series.

did it really? Haven't played victory/rebirth 3 yet, but nothing about it screamed 'well I should have played 3 first'. I mean this is all generic anime stuff so maybe why I didn't notice.

OMG Aero

did it really? Haven't played victory/rebirth 3 yet, but nothing about it screamed 'well I should have played 3 first'. I mean this is all generic anime stuff so it doesn't really matter for me.
Pretty much everything involving
Peashy
and
Rei
in the anime are late game spoilers for Victory/Rebirth 3. The
Peashy
stuff is obvious even in the game, but the
Rei
stuff is kind of a twist when it comes up towards the end of the game.

SerTapTap

Oh, is Histy in the anime much? I still haven't seen any of it. I might be waiting for the western release at this point. I can never bring myself to bother with a stream and I'm not sure I'll be grabbing the full LE blu ray set.

did it really? Haven't played victory/rebirth 3 yet, but nothing about it screamed 'well I should have played 3 first'. I mean this is all generic anime stuff so maybe why I didn't notice.

The anime must not have set it up very well if you didn't notice, but there's a big dramatic reveal in 3 that's definitely spoiled. Definitely wouldn't watch it before the first 3 games.

Corgi

Banned
Pretty much everything involving
Peashy
and
Rei
in the anime are late game spoilers for Victory/Rebirth 3. The
Peashy
stuff is obvious even in the game, but the
Rei
stuff is kind of a twist when it comes up towards the end of the game.

k nothing big. Would have seen those coming anyways lol.

story isn't the series strong point :3

HGH

Banned
Oh, the art book has interviews? I guess I'll buy an english one too. I didn't know they had any released in the US outside of the limited edition stuff that comes with games. I didn't know half this stuff existed before the day I bought it, someone had 10 used (but immaculate) listings on ebay and I bought 'em all for dat free shipping.

Well, it's just one long interview with Tsunako. How she became an artist, joined IF, came up with Neptune, etc...

Found it. There's not much to it though.

real talk the seven sages as a whole are better characters than anyone you play as in victory
More Copypaste and playable Rei would have really improved on it. That Arfoire also gave us all those horrible eggplant enemies.

SerTapTap

Well, it's just one long interview with Tsunako. How she became an artist, joined IF, came up with Neptune, etc...

Found it. There's not much to it though.

More Copypaste and playable Rei would have really improved on it. That Arfoire also gave us all those horrible eggplant enemies.

Ah, still, pretty cool. I like Tsunako's stuff so I'll probably get it. I got a Nendo of one of her characters in Date A Live or something...girl with a rabbit hoodie, pretty cute.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of Victory's villains show up again instead of just All Arfoire All The Time. And definitely no more Underling unless it's a brief cameo. Even playing the "you again" thing as a joke was too much in rebirth 2.

The skin exposure were reduced.

Preorder canceled. The DS4 light on Next Black is an amusing though though.

shandy706

I know literally nothing about this series. My options are PC, PSVita, and PSTV.

Where should I start???

Are these all US releases?

Top Bottom