• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT3 | Playing with our sticks while petting Jaguars!

ZOONAMI

Im slowly learning more and more and it all sounds very fascinating.

I learned my Honda Accord Touring is "CVT" and I hear some bad things about that in terms of feeling control and wearing out easier.

Im locked in with my purchase, but a part of me is wondering if I should have gone for the Civic if only for the price. It seems to have a lot of the same features, but my used Accord 2016 just has a bunch of nice high end features that seemed to good to pass up (leather interior, wireless charging, tinted windows)

I hear how the Sports mode/V6 engines are meant to feel more powerful, but what exactly is the point of using them if they use up fuel more? Is it just for the thrill of the engine? Do you go faster or something? I have no idea why people would use up more gas for those other driving modes like Sport and "L". I want to try it, but Im a bit scared how

Also, how useful do you guys find the tech based safety features? Should I turn of lane assist, collision mitigation, etc? Do any of you own a Honda and use the lane watch cameras?

Yeah your accord V6 way faster than a base accord or civic. Like a 5.5 sec 0-60 and 270ish hp iirc.

Yes, more power equals worse gas mileage.

Trust me, if you got into a base civic or accord you will miss the V6. Like hey, my car seems extremely sluggish all of a sudden lol.

ZOONAMI

The Accord V6 is a surprisingly quick car, and worse fuel economy is what you trade for that faster performance.

As for the tech stuff, unless that stuff interferes with your driving style, I would leave it on. To me, it's the kind of stuff that doesn't replace alert, defensive driving but could save your butt if you happen to get distracted or are having one of those "off" days. I would try the lane watch and see if it's to your liking. Some folks seem to love it and some folks don't (like me).

How are used prices trending on GT4s? If they are appreciating or holding pretty steady, there's no reason to make a hasty decision to sell it unless you really want something else.

I don't know how true this is, but I usually take German power ratings to be at the wheel and everybody else's numbers to be at the crank, which makes sense when something like the GTI is down on power to a FoST but is pretty similar in terms of performance.

Either way, several tenths of a second is not going to matter for DD'ing. Frankly, I would be happy with either, but I would give the edge to a RS because I'm willing to trade some comfort and luxury for a more raw, engaging driving experience.

This isn't true, however German (especially VW/Audi) cars do tend to be somewhat underrated by the manufacturer. My guess is a Golf R is actually something like 330hp if someone did a dyno run stock.

J-Rzez

It looks from the comments both of those cars are tuned. It also seems like the RS is jumping the start every time.

Stock vs stock a DSG golf will pretty easily beat an RS looking at c&d comparisons, etc. even under triple digits.

Either way this video just demonstrates a golf with significantly less hp and torque keeps up with an RS. Even manual vs manual (from other videos). Even track times are very close, and considering the hp advantage of the RS you'd think there would be more of a gap.

And the Golf R is underrated and weighs less.

Lol listen, I know that RS is tuned (by the same guy that tuned mine), I'm just pointing out since you said a tune will make it faster but then you can tune a RS as well. Someone will always be faster, two same cars running the same tune one will be faster.

Just like stock for stock, a dsg R should win a drag every time. And that same DSG R will lose on a course everyday usually by at least over 1 sec/lap or more depending which tires are on the RS. Sure, get better tires on the R, but,then you can ____ the RS to counter.

Both cars are good. What do you want, a little more quality interior and ride, or a little more drama and edge? While the RS may feel more special to me, the R/STI/S3/M2 may feel more special to someone else.

Yeah your accord V6 way faster than a base accord or civic. Like a 5.5 sec 0-60 and 270ish hp iirc.

Yes, more power equals worse gas mileage.

Trust me, if you got into a base civic or accord you will miss the V6. Like hey, my car seems extremely sluggish all of a sudden lol.

What do u mean by "sluggish"?

I honestly dont even know what horsepower equates to.

I dont think mine is a v6. Its an accord touring 2016. I didnt see the v6 logo on the back. I dont really have a need to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds, though Im kind of wanting to try it now lol

Evo X

Coming from a guy who's had a 987, 981, and 718... My vote goes for keeping the GT4.

Thanks for the input.

Do this only if you know what other car you want, how much it costs and how long it will take you to save to get it.

If not then you will regret every minute that you are in the 718 and ask yourself why you sold the GT4.

Sounds like solid advice to me.

Yeah, I don't have an immediate replacement in mind. Was gonna try out the 2017 R8 V10 Plus as well to see how it compares to the Italians but realistically a purchase like that is a year or 2 away.

I really do love the GT4. I mean, I waited 13 months for it and have only driven it a year.

How are used prices trending on GT4s? If they are appreciating or holding pretty steady, there's no reason to make a hasty decision to sell it unless you really want something else.

Don't know about long term trends, but from what I've seen on Rennlist, the ones with the 918 bucket seats seems to be selling $3k above MSRP. This gentleman offered me $9K over.

Both cars are good. What do you want, a little more quality interior and ride, or a little more drama and edge? While the RS may feel more special to me, the R/STI/S3/M2 may feel more special to someone else.
So you run track mode with normal dampening? If you are running normal dampening in sport or track mode, how big of a difference between each of them is there in the car overall?

ZOONAMI

What do u mean by "sluggish"?

I honestly dont even know what horsepower equates to.

I dont think mine is a v6. Its an accord touring 2016. I didnt see the v6 logo on the back. I dont really have a need to go from 0-60 in 5 seconds, though Im kind of wanting to try it now lol

Ah, I see. Well the accord 4 cylinder isn't bad, 190hp and 7.6 0-60 with the CVT.

If you had the six cylinder you wouldn't want to go down to a 4 is all I'm saying. Although the accord is probably a pretty good candidate where the better mpg might be worth less power, as the 4 cylinder accord still performs quite well.

A lot of turbo 4s even are only about 200hp and would be about the same off the line as a base accord unless you tuned them.

Overall any Accord is a great car imo.

J-Rzez

So you run track mode with normal dampening? If you are running normal dampening in sport or track mode, how big of a difference between each of them is there in the car overall?

Throttle response, stability control, traction, and steering are all different parameters as well.

Evo X

How about a 570s?

That's an option, but again probably a year away.

I decided to keep the GT4 btw. Gave it some serious thought and realized I would regret selling it more than I would enjoy the extra money in the bank.

Just gonna pick up a Macan GTS on employee lease as daily and keep the GT4 for fun.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

I decided to keep the GT4 btw. Gave it some serious thought and realized I would regret selling it more than I would enjoy the extra money in the bank.

Just gonna pick up a Macan GTS on employee lease as daily and keep the GT4 for fun.

Would you mind sharing a ballpark of what that costs monthly on an employee lease? Just curious.

I've mentioned before; but in the next ~2 years or so, I'll be buying my wife a new vehicle, as we want kids somewhat soon. That said, I'd like to be able to buy her vehicle in cash, as I really don't want two payments - and she's less picky than me. A Macan GTS is WAY WAY out of what I could afford in cash - but I've looked ;p

I think you're making the better choice. I know I'd regret selling the GT4 more than getting just a bit of extra cash from selling it.

I love my 718, but the GT4 is something special as well. I also personally find that the more exotic cars may be flashy, but they lack the all-round practicality, fuel efficiency, sometimes handling, and the ability to be pushed to its limit without breaking compared to the Porsche's. Otherwise, I would've went for the Mercedes AMG GT, but I kept having the nagging feeling that I wouldn't drive the car at all since I've always had bad luck with Mercedes sedans in the past.

Anyways, a Macan GTS sounds awesome. All the sportiness, but with full practicality as well!

TylerD

I had never seen a *deep breath* BMW 328i xDrive Sports Wagon with M-Sport in person before. That is one fine looking automobile. I wouldn't mind doing a CPO on a 330 wagon in 3-4 years if I decide to get rid of or probably just keep my E46.

Even in non m-sport trim it looks awesome! Right guys? Probably will be the last 3 series wagon to exist (in the US) at this rate.

2016-BMW-328i-Sports-Wagon17-750x500.jpg

MMMmmm wagon-y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6yI6XV30zI

Just look at all that space!

Lizardus

I had never seen a *deep breath* BMW 328i xDrive Sports Wagon with M-Sport in person before. That is one fine looking automobile. I wouldn't mind doing a CPO on a 330 wagon in 3-4 years if I decide to get rid of or probably just keep my E46.

Even in non m-sport trim it looks awesome! Right guys? Probably will be the last 3 series wagon to exist (in the US) at this rate.

MMMmmm wagon-y

Yeah, I like Sportwagons. I wish Audi offered some in North America. A neighbour has one all blacked out and looks so good.

golem

Was wondering if anyone from here went to Autocon. A friend of mine went and saw a lot of awesome builds.

Any links to good coverage? Ran by my friend's shop when they were working on a build but was too lazy to show up in person to see the final product lol.

Yeah I have to say everytime i get into the GT4 i have a huge smile on my face. Was considering getting on board the GT3 but going to hold off for now.

kharma45

MMMmmm wagon-y

I came across a lovely E90 recently for sale. 320d with all the toys you'd want. Was an SE model with M Sport seats, gearkob and wheel, xenons and other niceties. Then the price went up by £1000. Pity, was very tempting.

SliChillax

MMMmmm wagon-y

It's a very good looking wagon but that in the pic doesn't have the M sports body kit
Edit: I now read the post, I thought you meant that was the M sport. I actually really like the non M sport model, it's classy without looking like a base model.

J-Rzez

So basically track mode with dampening set to normal is the best way to run the car on a normal, every day, basis.

I run it a lot, its the most fun. But don't get it twisted, its not a bad thing to have traction control, use/stability on in case of emergency or caught off guard.

Remember also if you get it tuned those parameters can change as well. All four of the modes are tuned different than stock spec for my car for example. Throttle response, timing, etc.

Hello Car GAF!

I'm guessing that most of the sports car folks would consider it beneath them, but what do you guys have to say about the Scion FR-S/Toyota 86?

Before you ask, yes I also am looking at the MX-5 (Miata).

Also before you ask, no I don't want to spend the cash on the Cayman.

v1lla21

You can do nitrous as well on the v6 Accord. Seen cars run with a 75 shot. Lol.

I'm still on my Miata plan by August or September and a used M2 in a couple of years.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hello Car GAF!

I'm guessing that most of the sports car folks would consider it beneath them, but what do you guys have to say about the Scion FR-S/Toyota 86?

Before you ask, yes I also am looking at the MX-5 (Miata).

Also before you ask, no I don't want to spend the cash on the Cayman.

I am not a fan of the FR-S. 90% of folks who drive them are the people who used to get their Integra stolen every week, so I also have sympathy for them. I think it's a great little car that got shipped about 100hp short.

BUT I admit I can understand why that blend of perf and handling and price make sense. But Miata has a better ratio of that, way more fun, and a better resale value.

Have you considered say a used G35 or something better, but older?

I am not a fan of the FR-S. 90% of folks who drive them are the people who used to get their Integra stolen every week, so I also have sympathy for them. I think it's a great little car that got shipped about 100hp short.

BUT I admit I can understand why that blend of perf and handling and price make sense. But Miata has a better ratio of that, way more fun, and a better resale value.

Have you considered say a used G35 or something better, but older?

Hmm, nope. Haven't thought about the G35 at all. I'm looking at getting something in the 2-years old used range, and it looks like that one was discontinued/renamed around then? So I'll check it out, thanks!

edit: Oh, the G35 is much older than that huh? I wonder if it's worthwhile to look at the Q60 instead?

The Miata RF looks neat. I want to push a button and fold my car's roof into the space behind it.

Hmm, nope. Haven't thought about the G35 at all. I'm looking at getting something in the 2-years old used range, and it looks like that one was discontinued/renamed around then? So I'll check it out, thanks!

edit: Oh, the G35 is much older than that huh? I wonder if it's worthwhile to look at the Q60 instead?

The Miata RF looks neat. I want to push a button and fold my car's roof into the space behind it.

I like both the Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS and also the MX-5. Personally, if I wanted one as a daily driver, I'd get the 86/BRZ/FRS. But if I wanted a car more for fun, I'd get the MX-5. Overall, I'd actually rather get the MX-5.

But you should go test drive them both. Or if you live in California where there's a lot of participants, you should try out turo.com and rent both of these cars and take them out to the backroads, countryside, hills, mountain, etc. and see how you feel about them.

Do I have to worry about having my Accord 2016 rims stolen? They are so pretty

My car looks like a "cool" car. As in, it has tinted windows and People may think i speed in neighbourhoods at midnight

Im a bit worried since im going to be using it mostly for commuting to work lol

I like both the Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS and also the MX-5. Personally, if I wanted one as a daily driver, I'd get the 86/BRZ/FRS. But if I wanted a car more for fun, I'd get the MX-5. Overall, I'd actually rather get the MX-5.

But you should go test drive them both. Or if you live in California where there's a lot of participants, you should try out turo.com and rent both of these cars and take them out to the backroads, countryside, hills, mountain, etc. and see how you feel about them.

Yeah, I'm looking for something to be a daily driver here. Why would you suggest one over the other for daily driver use? 4 seats? Bigger trunk? Not a convertible? Actually...I may have just answered my own question.

I'm not in Cali anymore so I guess the test drive is the best option for me here.

Lizardus

Do I have to worry about having my Accord 2016 rims stolen? They are so pretty

My car looks like a "cool" car. As in, it has tinted windows and People may think i speed in neighbourhoods at midnight

Im a bit worried since im going to be using it mostly for commuting to work lol

No, don't worry lol.

Yeah, I'm looking for something to be a daily driver here. Why would you suggest one over the other for daily driver use? 4 seats? Bigger trunk? Not a convertible? Actually...I may have just answered my own question.

I'm not in Cali anymore so I guess the test drive is the best option for me here.

You definitely answered your own question with your suggested answers! But yes, I think the trunk is adequate for daily use and the backseats can also be used as extra storage in a pinch, which can be really useful. Just know the backseats are pretty useless to carry people unless they're 5'2" and under or something. The backseats alone improve the daily use of the car in the situations where you need to go shopping, carry extra luggage for a week or weekend trip, and even have shorter adults or kids sitting in the back if needed.

I still personally think the MX-5 is more fun because it's a convertible and the way it handles is just slightly more engaging, however, if I had to choose a car for daily use, I'd choose the 86/BRZ/FRS for more practicality. Otherwise, both cars are pretty evenly matched as far as I'm concerned when considering the handling, maintenance costs, reliability, fuel efficiency, and modding community.

Again, I think multiple test drives of them should be done before you make a decision. You like end up liking the MX-5 much more than the 86/BRZ/FRS enough to not care if it's less practical. Or you may enjoy the stiff feel of the 86/BRZ/FRS more and that just adds to its handling and practicality advantage.

Whatever you do, keep us posted!

sfedai0

Banned

Im in the same boat, but looking at the S2k as well. Im a former S2k owner so my first choice is that, but Ive been looking at the BRZ and the RF Miata. I feel the BRZ build quality falls below the Miata. Also, it has the torque dip as well as having a very noisy engine. Miata definitely has the better interior and being the lighter car, I feel it probably is more fun to drive of the two. But my major issue with both is the lack of power.

Had some fun in Mexico tonight...

I've been up since 6AM on that grind then tonight I was working a wedding and that shit was crazy and hectic as hell so going out past midnight, I just wanted to relax on the drive back.

All is well until halfway through the drive, a Dodge Challenger(assuming SRT at the very least) comes flying down on the lane next to me, then a second later a Camaro is struggling to keep up lol.

I thought oh wow, I've seen this on YouTube before but I don't think I've ever seen a proper challenge being held in real life so I got excited.

A few more seconds after those two pass me, a DC Integra with mean rally style lights gets past me too and I'm like oh cool... now I want to get in on the fun.

So I drop a gear and get past the Integra... a mile or two later we hit a downhill slope on the Mexican highway and this Integra comes flying past me where I'm already above the 9's... I'm like this shit must be boosted or he's using momentum or something. He literally made at least a mile ahead of me so I thought eh, whatever like Squall.

My exit was a mile away and there was a couple of 18-wheelers taking up two lanes so I had to speed past them so I won't get stuck... lo and behold the Integra was chillin' in front of those fools so I passed him again. But this would be short lived coz he got past me again with a short distance...

But, the automotive gods were on my side tonight.

My exit, the same one the Integra used, was a cool two-lane C shaped ramp leading to the other Mexican highway I needed to get on. So I'm coming up this ramp and this Integra was slowing down, and I was like why?

Then it hit me, it's got Fail Wheel Drive! Boosted or not he was going to understeer to hell and back if he tried to push it. As if I still need to say it, the Miata has the configuration the gods deemed to be appropriate and true, Right Wheel Drive, so I naturally did what every RWD car is supposed to do... drop it down a gear and ride that corner like a fncking madman.

It was barely the start of the ramp and I was already even with the Integra so I did exactly what I said, showed off by dropping the gear and flew down that ramp hitting the 9's again. I lost sight of the Integra after that but unfortunately, I hit another pair of 18-wheelers blocking up the lanes and more importantly, my exit to the American highway was nearby, so I called it quits.

I take my exit back to America and I see the Integra fly past me again. Maybe I'll see it again tomorrow I thought.

Either way, that was a lot of fun lol.

Pinewood

All this car changing talk has got me thinking about a gen 2 TT again, the 3.2 VR6 is pretty nice.

Never bought aftermarket exhausts, so here goes:
What is considered an okayish price for a upgrade? The one Im looking for is 300€ for a straight through rear section or 1000€ for the whole system including modifying my cat. The second option would be too much I think, both from sound/price perspective but Im really considering getting just the rear section.

I run it a lot, its the most fun. But don't get it twisted, its not a bad thing to have traction control, use/stability on in case of emergency or caught off guard.

Remember also if you get it tuned those parameters can change as well. All four of the modes are tuned different than stock spec for my car for example. Throttle response, timing, etc.
Thanks for the input. The RS in frozen white is a stunning car, and I'm actually favoring it over the STi now when I trade in my WRX (which could be anytime between this weekend and early next year).

I need to get a test drive in ASAP. I'm sure the test drive is going to dramatically expedite my decision on trading in the WRX.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmNhcmJvb2suY29tL01lZGlhR2FsbGVyeS9tZWRpYS9NamsyTWpJeFhrMWxaR2xoSUVkaGJHeGxjbmsvMmNGZU1NLVZhM3EtNW5LY0RETVp6bmJlRThxbHVkaHRNR1lrdkRraFRLUDJxZ0dFSVY2S2IzOENtRFQ0clFJX2pqd2J4X1FRZXBBL2NjXzIwMTdGT0MzNTAwMDFfMDFfNjQwX1oyLmpwZw.jpg

This is basically what I'm looking for. RS1 with a moonroof. Beautiful car, IMO.

The BRZ has a surprising amount of space for storage. It's been my daily driver for 3.5 years in Michigan and it has been great. I didn't consider the Miata because I don't have enclosed parking at my apartment complex.

Edit: Nvm.

new question: how many of you drive a CVT car? Im reading up on it and now Im worried about the reliability of my 2016 accord. Are they much better than in the 2000s?

Is the disconnect of feeling the engine when pressing the pedal that big?

So last weekend the girl and I visited Asheville, and while there, played around in the national forest and blue ridge parkway. It's really beautiful out there, but more importantly, curvy roads! I fucking hate South Carolina for all of its straight, flat roads, so this was my little piece of heaven. I had just finished the suspension rebuild and the engine going back in from its time broken down to the block, too, so I was one very happy camper.

I meant to bring a go-pro to catch the whole thing, but forgot so had to settle for girlfriend steady-cam to do some filming. Anyway, just a little bit: https://youtu.be/fQRmddNN8UY

And this one has a tunnel towards the end! https://youtu.be/I5AKR54umEE

Kind of an odd scratchy noise in the video when I'm off throttle. Not sure what that was, but I figure something was rattling on the dash.

v1lla21

All this car changing talk has got me thinking about a gen 2 TT again, the 3.2 VR6 is pretty nice.

What is considered an okayish price for a upgrade? The one Im looking for is 300€ for a straight through rear section or 1000€ for the whole system including modifying my cat. The second option would be too much I think, both from sound/price perspective but Im really considering getting just the rear section.
sounds about right although if you shop around you can probably find a cheaper one. Different brands will be at different prices but it really depends on what you want it to sound like. What do you currently drive?

Nice videos Dave ^_^
That Mexico story reminds me of when I was driving with my buddies and we found an Integra who was trying to race us. Guy took off like crazy and left my buddy in his sti eating shit, probably pulled about a bus length on my buddy. Never knew what the guy was running under the hood

It depends a lot on the car. If it's a high volume car, $1000 might not be a bad price, if it's a low volume car $1000 might get you a muffler and nothing else.

Try not to buy too cheap a muffler, though, there are lots out there that just make your car louder without improving the tone, and some that just make cars sound like shit. There are probably lots of videos out there to research.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Had some fun in Mexico tonight...

I've been up since 6AM on that grind then tonight I was working a wedding and that shit was crazy and hectic as hell so going out past midnight, I just wanted to relax on the drive back.

All is well until halfway through the drive, a Dodge Challenger(assuming SRT at the very least) comes flying down on the lane next to me, then a second later a Camaro is struggling to keep up lol.

I thought oh wow, I've seen this on YouTube before but I don't think I've ever seen a proper challenge being held in real life so I got excited.

A few more seconds after those two pass me, a DC Integra with mean rally style lights gets past me too and I'm like oh cool... now I want to get in on the fun.

So I drop a gear and get past the Integra... a mile or two later we hit a downhill slope on the Mexican highway and this Integra comes flying past me where I'm already above the 9's... I'm like this shit must be boosted or he's using momentum or something. He literally made at least a mile ahead of me so I thought eh, whatever like Squall.

My exit was a mile away and there was a couple of 18-wheelers taking up two lanes so I had to speed past them so I won't get stuck... lo and behold the Integra was chillin' in front of those fools so I passed him again. But this would be short lived coz he got past me again with a short distance...

But, the automotive gods were on my side tonight.

My exit, the same one the Integra used, was a cool two-lane C shaped ramp leading to the other Mexican highway I needed to get on. So I'm coming up this ramp and this Integra was slowing down, and I was like why?

Then it hit me, it's got Fail Wheel Drive! Boosted or not he was going to understeer to hell and back if he tried to push it. As if I still need to say it, the Miata has the configuration the gods deemed to be appropriate and true, Right Wheel Drive, so I naturally did what every RWD car is supposed to do... drop it down a gear and ride that corner like a fncking madman.

It was barely the start of the ramp and I was already even with the Integra so I did exactly what I said, showed off by dropping the gear and flew down that ramp hitting the 9's again. I lost sight of the Integra after that but unfortunately, I hit another pair of 18-wheelers blocking up the lanes and more importantly, my exit to the American highway was nearby, so I called it quits.

I take my exit back to America and I see the Integra fly past me again. Maybe I'll see it again tomorrow I thought.

Either way, that was a lot of fun lol.

ffgWLzW.jpg

So last weekend the girl and I visited Asheville, and while there, played around in the national forest and blue ridge parkway. It's really beautiful out there, but more importantly, curvy roads! I fucking hate South Carolina for all of its straight, flat roads, so this was my little piece of heaven. I had just finished the suspension rebuild and the engine going back in from its time broken down to the block, too, so I was one very happy camper.

I meant to bring a go-pro to catch the whole thing, but forgot so had to settle for girlfriend steady-cam to do some filming. Anyway, just a little bit: https://youtu.be/fQRmddNN8UY

Kind of an odd scratchy noise in the video when I'm off throttle. Not sure what that was, but I figure something was rattling on the dash.

Hohoho indeed! That was awesome, you need to get more videos up!

OK, what would you guys do:

Honda Accord 2016 V6 Touring (Automatic - Black Exterior - 32K KM)

vs

Honda Accord 2016 Touring (CVT - White Exterior - 27K KM - Satellite XFM)

...both prized the same.

matmanx1

Niiiice. That's such a good sound. Love it!

J-Rzez

This is basically what I'm looking for. RS1 with a moonroof. Beautiful car, IMO.

Correct, test drive will answer all.

White is the rarest of the RS sold as well. IIRC in order its:
Stealth Grey
Nitrous Blue
Black
Frozen White.

I thought for sure NB would be number 1 since it was their marque color in ads and promo vids.

NA gets shorted one color, a metallic gunmetal.

Living in a crappy cold north eastern state, I got the RS2 package, now as long as I live in a shit cold winter area, I can't give up the heated steering wheel. First it was heated seats and mirrors, now its the wheel too.

J-Rzez

It depends a lot on the car. If it's a high volume car, $1000 might not be a bad price, if it's a low volume car $1000 might get you a muffler and nothing else.

Try not to buy too cheap a muffler, though, there are lots out there that just make your car louder without improving the tone, and some that just make cars sound like shit. There are probably lots of videos out there to research.

Def agree with this. Research with YT vids, and try to hear it in person. The vids will give a good idea, but most aren't using high end equipment and will sound different in person. Usually either highs or loss are missing.

Correct, test drive will answer all.

White is the rarest of the RS sold as well. IIRC in order its:
Stealth Grey
Nitrous Blue
Black
Frozen White.

I thought for sure NB would be number 1 since it was their marque color in ads and promo vids.

NA gets shorted one color, a metallic gunmetal.

Living in a crappy cold north eastern state, I got the RS2 package, now as long as I live in a shit cold winter area, I can't give up the heated steering wheel. First it was heated seats and mirrors, now its the wheel too.
Thank you good sir. I live in SoCal, in a desert area. I would use the heated features a few weeks a year, at the most. RS2 just doesn't make any sense for me.

I've also been reading about the stiffness/dampening issue, and most people are saying that normal dampening is perfect for the street, and even spirited driving through winding roads. Sport and Track dampening should be for the track only. I think the issue with the reviews is that the reviewers simply are never told this information. Common sense would lead one to believe that sport dampening would be good for the street, while track dampening is for the track. Unfortunately it seems the Ford engineers basically made sport dampening too hard for the street, which is resulting in dozens of negative reviews on the suspension.

The V6 Black no question.

Why's that? Argh. I got the white and it'll be ready sometime next week.

The white also just looks so much sexier, but V6 sounds like it's a difference maker. Yet I don't know if there's anyway for me to even get the best out of a V6 engine. What's the difference anyway? Does it just feel good? I get it's more powerful, but how much so, and what is meant by the v6 being more fun to drive?

I also see the black is automatic and Im worried about the white because its CVT, and I only hear a bunch of people criticizing CVT on the internet. I'm so confused.

I really love the White I chose, but I am wondering if Ill regret not getting the V6.

Top Bottom