• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 12: The Show |OT| Elevated levels of testosterone included

I have never had that happen to me ever.

what the balls......

This happened to be all the time in '09, and then it's happened to me twice this year ... Must be discrimination against my native American 3B Coyote Yellowhorse (the two most bizarre pronouncable names in the game)

Me either. Wonder if he was just getting picked off too much?

Nay zero pickoffs, I even hold left stick back towards the base for fear of getting picked off.

Weird.

what the balls......

This happened to be all the time in '09, and then it's happened to me twice this year ... Must be discrimination against my native American 3B Coyote Yellowhorse (the two most bizarre pronouncable names in the game)

Nay zero pickoffs, I even hold left stick back towards the base for fear of getting picked off.

Weird.

If you have an operationsports account, I'd ask Russell on their forums to try to figure it out.

BFIB

Over at operation sports, broadcast sounds of the show has been released. It has all of the TV themes that the teams use, including some classics from the past like NBC Baseball, Saturday Night Baseball, etc. Also, team specific chants and HR calls are also included.

Not sure when the player walk up themes will be released, but its a good start.

Oh, and loving this game. Hit a monster shot with Holliday against the Marlins, and hit the ridiculous CF.....thing.

Also, had a really awesome play to the SS. The ball short hopped, and ran up his arm. Furcal ended up reaching up, grabbing the ball and rocketing it to first, and Stanton was safe. They then cut to the Marlins dugout, and Ozzie is down there clapping. Great scene!

Over at operation sports, broadcast sounds of the show has been released. It has all of the TV themes that the teams use, including some classics from the past like NBC Baseball, Saturday Night Baseball, etc. Also, team specific chants and HR calls are also included.

Oh, and loving this game. Hit a monster shot with Holliday against the Marlins, and hit the ridiculous CF.....thing.

Also, had a really awesome play to the SS. The ball short hopped, and ran up his arm. Furcal ended up reaching up, grabbing the ball and rocketing it to first, and Stanton was safe. They then cut to the Marlins dugout, and Ozzie is down there clapping. Great scene!

Oh snap. Must get.

I played through a month of RTTS last night and only saw one ball that made contact with a base and it wasn't anything crazy. Would have been a single either way. I don't think it's overdone.

I played through like 6 starts last night in RTTS on Vita. Fucking amazing. It looks so good and plays so smooth. I love the changes to how you earn traning points this year. I hope the online is working today because I cant wait to transfar my save to the PS3 and try this out in 3D with Move.

Wow, so are the uniforms in HR Derby (and the All Star Game) accurate? I presume so, does that mean this is our first look at them? They're great! Royals powder blue for the AL and royal blue for the NL, and the logos have a crown hanging over the edge. It's also cool that they made all the on-screen graphics in the derby (HOME RUN, etc) match the Royals ASG logos and branding (just like last year that stuff was all D-Backs snakey/pointy/tribal/whatever style fonts and logos.)

And Kaufman Stadium is definitely more detailed and accurate this year.

Holy shit! Will this work with my Vita?

Mrbob

Damn umps out to get my team right away. Played an exhibition game and the home plate ump called a balk on Garza two times in one game! Lay off buddy! The 10GB install is such a nice option this year, load times are fast!

Damn umps out to get my team right away. Played an exhibition game and the home plate ump called a balk on Garza two times in one game! Lay off buddy! The 10GB install is such a nice option this year, load times are fast!

Balks are a pain. Turn them off.

eznark

Banned
I played through like 6 starts last night in RTTS on Vita. Fucking amazing. It looks so good and plays so smooth. I love the changes to how you earn traning points this year. I hope the online is working today because I cant wait to transfar my save to the PS3 and try this out in 3D with Move.

Do you get a bonus for hitting every talking point?

Yep, and the "stopgap", quick, create a player models that they threw in late last year for Hos, Moose, Johnny G, Sal, etc have been replaced with good ones. I think Hosmer's looks really dead on. And they all have photos in the HUD now instead of the shot of the in-game model they had last year.

Just checking, I did the install option but the game refers to it as a "5GB Install" everywhere in game and it's clearly 10GB. Are there 2 install options or is this just a discrepancy?

Drek

Anyone find that the menus are a little sluggish on the Vita? Seems to hang a bit loading player portraits when I'm trying to set lineups in Franchise mode. I wish you could just turn off the player portraits if that is what causes the hang ups.

Nightz

Just checking, I did the install option but the game refers to it as a "5GB Install" everywhere in game and it's clearly 10GB. Are there 2 install options or is this just a discrepancy?

I believe there's a 5 GB mandatory install and the install option at the beginning is to install an additional 5 GB for load time purposes.

augmental

Yep, and the "stopgap", quick, create a player models that they threw in late last year for Hos, Moose, Johnny G, Sal, etc have been replaced with good ones. I think Hosmer's looks really dead on. And they all have photos in the HUD now instead of the shot of the in-game model they had last year.

That is nice to hear as well. I remember the Hosmer model looking really strange, especially his neck. I wonder if they made Francoeur smaller? He was pretty huge last year even though he had dropped a bunch of mass.

Meohsix

How good is the uniform creation? can you edit uni's for real teams and use them in Exhibition Mode? or is it only for user created teams in that card dynasty mode thing?

Sorry for the stupid questions i haven't really kept up with the news for this game this year >_<

How good is the uniform creation? can you edit uni's for real teams and use them in Exhibition Mode? or is it only for user created teams in that card dynasty mode thing?

Sorry for the stupid questions i haven't really kept up with the news for this game this year >_<

I think uniform creation is only for Diamond Dynasty mode.

eznark

Banned
Hamarrabi Jones with a marvelous debut complete game shut out for AA.

Fucking asshole was drafted by the Cardinals though.

Sadly, RTTS is still messed up with the stupid coach benching you for "stealing" when you're not. Idiot manager has benched me and has threatened to bench me again for stealing and I have 0 steal attempts... It's been this way for 3 years.

I've only been benched for stealing when I've hit the stick to steal on accident.

codhand

I've only been benched for stealing when I've hit the stick to steal on accident.

Damn that stinks, haha reminds me of this.

images

Dunan

Quick question: how long does it take to play a single game?

I tried MLB '09 but wasn't into how long the games took. I prefer the NES/SNES era of 20-to-25-minute games, without any TV-like frills between innings.

Also, are old-style controls still possible or have they gone completely over to the new system of holding and releasing sticks and that kind of thing?

Diamond Dynasty is overwhelming and I don't understand a damn thing about it, I wish someone on youtube make a better tutorial about diamond dynasty. SCEA, made a into to DD and a very inept text instructions about the mode.

IT'S JUST SO GOT DAMN CONFUSING, FOR NO GOT DAMN REASON!!!!

Quick question: how long does it take to play a single game?

I tried MLB '09 but wasn't into how long the games took. I prefer the NES/SNES era of 20-to-25-minute games, without any TV-like frills between innings.

Also, are old-style controls still possible or have they gone completely over to the new system of holding and releasing sticks and that kind of thing?

You can put it on fast play and get in a game around 25 to 30 minutes. True Brodcast pacing is like a TV Broadcast Long and Tedious.

eznark

Banned
I'm usin metered pitching on the Vita. Is it just me or is the frame rate on the meter awful? Something seems off.

So I'm new to The Show, but just picked it up for my Vita. I've played one exhibition game so far, Oakland at Seattle, using beginner controls. As far as pitching was concerned, I wasn't too bad. King Felix gave up two runs and seven hits. But batting... wow. I suck. I managed two two-run homeruns in the sixth to win the game, but other than that I only managed to get two guys on base. What am I doing wrong? Any tips for a noob?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm usin metered pitching on the Vita. Is it just me or is the frame rate on the meter awful? Something seems off.

i felt the same way, like there was some delay on the accuracy part. But i have adjusted to it and have been playing fine now. Something is off though i think. It could be worse though, that pulse pitching is horrible!

BFIB

eznark,

You will be happy to know that my RTTS player was drafted by the Brewers. I will take Morgan's spot in CF. Count on it!

SRTtoZ

So I'm new to The Show, but just picked it up for my Vita. I've played one exhibition game so far, Oakland at Seattle, using beginner controls. As far as pitching was concerned, I wasn't too bad. King Felix gave up two runs and seven hits. But batting... wow. I suck. I managed two two-run homeruns in the sixth to win the game, but other than that I only managed to get two guys on base. What am I doing wrong? Any tips for a noob?

Adjust the 'sliders' until you get the hang of it. Increase contact and reaction sizes.

Meier

Is it because I made my pitcher a lefty that the throwing is completely fucked? Square to 1st? X to second? Why in the world would they have them not correspond with the bases like every other game in history?!

SRTtoZ

Is it because I made my pitcher a lefty that the throwing is completely fucked? Square to 1st? X to second? Why in the world would they have them not correspond with the bases like every other game in history?!

It only does that for 'behind the pitcher' cam so it matches up with the bases. So if you see from behind your pitcher, Square would be pointing at first base, O would be pointing at 3rd etc. If you used catcher cam, then O would be first, and square would be 3rd.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa

you can adjust it in the pitching options. It is auto selected as Fielder but your looking for the classic version. I had to do this last night on my pitcher because i like the view from the mound over the batter view.

Actually i think the option is under the RTTS options in the options menu.

Meier

It only does that for 'behind the pitcher' cam so it matches up with the bases. So if you see from behind your pitcher, Square would be pointing at first base, O would be pointing at 3rd etc. If you used catcher cam, then O would be first, and square would be 3rd.

I actually use the Catcher mode for my pitching.. I switched to behind pitcher and it didn't change either though. I went under RTTS options and changed fielding from "Fielder" to "Classic" but Controls still reflects Square for 1st base. Wonky as fuck..

Top Bottom