• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Seavor developing Wii U games? (Chris = CONKER)

The man behind Conker himself (literally, is his twitter name), seems to be hinting he's got some Wii U ideas in that loveably crazy brain of his:

https://twitter.com/conkerhimself/statuses/338207488539258880

.....WiiU devkits ain't cheap and it's lookin likely @GoryDetail is gonna need 3 at some point this year ;) (that's top secret btw) heh!

He founded Gory Detail, the team made Parashoot Stan for iOS.

Can't wait to see what he has in mind for Wii U.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
The man behind Conker himself (literally, is his twitter name), seems to be hinting he's got some Wii U ideas in that loveably crazy brain of his:

https://twitter.com/conkerhimself/statuses/338207488539258880

He founded Gory Detail, the team made Parashoot Stan for iOS.

Can't wait to see what he has in mind for Wii U.

Oh hell yea. I still long for a proper Conker sequel though. Course that's never going to happen as long as MS has their greedy ass hands on that franchise. That of course means never.

iwata.gif

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
A new satirical action/adventure RPG.

Hiltz

According to Dan Adelman, manager of business development at Nintendo of America, "a Wii U dev kit's cost is comparable to a high-end PC."

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
A Wii U game by the man who made Conker? Nintendo should send him the Wii U dev kits for free.

he said he'll buy back the rights to conker so i might as well buy whatever it is.

WHAT?! O_O

Oh god he better.

Anyway, I found the credits for Parashoot Stan and OH MY GOD:

http://www.rarefandabase.com/exclusive-the-geniuses-behind-parashoot-stan/

Ben Beanland
Jasper Beanland
Zak Beanland
Mark Betteridge. Formerly of Rare. Previous Studio Head, Long Time Veteran.
Nicky Bingham
Verity Bingham
Mike Dewis
Mayli Dewis
Simon Farmer. Formerly of Rare. Production Designer.
Ashley Henstock
Martin Hollis. Formerly of Rare. Lead Designer of Goldeneye 007.
Grant Kirkhope. Formerly of Rare. Composer of Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Viva Pinata, etc.
Alexandra Kirz
Birgit Kurz
Nicholas Kurz
Chris Marlow. Formerly of Rare, Voice of the Great Mighty Poo, Programmer.
Elliot Marlow
Evie Marlow
Tom Marlow
Gra ‘Nozzer’ Norgate (aka Graeme Norgate). Formerly of Rare, Composer of Goldeneye 007.
Shawn
Florence Powers
Ruby Seavor
Snaggle Seavor
James Stant. Formerly of Rare. Audio Intern.
The Man Who Made The Pies

BKiln5kCIAArj50.png

As mentioned above, Chris tweeted this artwork and mentioned in the OP tweet that the game is going to be about a rusty old dog.

Anyone else see this as a mix between Rocket: Robot on Wheels and Jet Force Gemeni?

Clownboat

Banned
You'd think Chris fucking Seavor, of all people, would be able to get some Wii U Dev kits for free. Nintendo needs games and a guy with a stellar track record on their platforms wants to make them. Surely, somebody in Nintendo must see the value proposition here.

Sheroking

You'd think Chris fucking Seavor, of all people, would be able to get some Wii U Dev kits for free. Nintendo needs games and a guy with a stellar track record on their platforms wants to make them. Surely, somebody in Nintendo must see the value proposition here.

Nintendo has been (or will be) giving out devkits for free to indie developers, and this is something I think they would consider indie.

But as for the games that they need? As much as I love Seavor, I don't think anything he's going to develop is going to have a fraction of the impact that literally everything they're about to show in two weeks will.

Clownboat

Banned
Anyway, I found the credits for Parashoot Stan and OH MY GOD:

http://www.rarefandabase.com/exclusive-the-geniuses-behind-parashoot-stan/

Any relationship between all those Beanlands and Robin Beanland?

As much as I love Seavor, I don't think anything he's going to develop is going to have a fraction of the impact that literally everything they're about to show in two weeks will.

Probably not, but it looks like he's hired a veritable Who's Who of Rare all-stars, and good exclusives do sell platforms.

I wish Nintendo would buy Conker back from MS :(

If Chris is trying to buy the IP (claims someone above), I have little doubt he can round up the folks to help make a Wii U Conker, maybe start with a Conker 3D for 3DS (even a direct port with a smooth framerate would suffice), and then get a large team for a sequel.

I should bring this up, apparently Telegames (publishers of those traditional poker card games, look them up) just announced plans to publish digital games on 3Ds and I think Wii U at retail, they could maybe publish an eShop game by Chris (after it's done for eShop), and maybe FAST Wii U by Shin'en, and maybe the Banjo successor is it hits 3DS or Wii U eShop (the latter is nearly certain as they'll use Unity).

I made a mockup of Conker on 3DS:

inVEBCY5Hd9zX.png

Would've liked a shot at around 400x300 native res so it'd look exactly pixel by pixel 400x240 with no blurring or anything.

Top Bottom