• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I just shelved my main and let the BS quests pile up, toyed around with leveling a few alts. Once the time gating was done I blasted through the remaining filler quests and got my mage its class mount in short order.

Since then I've been struggling to find a reason to play. While I do want to try a few different classes for their order hall campaigns and unlock a couple of different class mounts I don't want to play through Legion's PVE anymore. I just don't like it. Don't know if I'm going to continue subscribing for 6.2, not a heavy raider and there's not a whole lot of content outside of Tomb that I want to do.

Maybe I'll finally play through MoP.

Jag

Sub is currently looking like the strongest spec. Leveling one right now actually since demon hunter is pretty weak as of this week.

But all could change with the next round of tuning when Mythic releases.

Rogue is next on my list to level. Was doing Outlaw because it was new, but it seems to be a bit weak and not very good on survivability. Maybe I'll try leveling with Sub.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rogue is next on my list to level. Was doing Outlaw because it was new, but it seems to be a bit weak and not very good on survivability. Maybe I'll try leveling with Sub.
Solo Outlaw can keep going really easily with Iron Stomach/Vial/Riposte. I guess the other specs have passive sustain options but still...

I guess I don't know exactly when you get all the abilities but the rogue specs have some of the best survivability of all DPS specs in the game, especially melee. Vial / Cloak / Cheat Death / Evasion or Riposte / Feint etc. Then the CC and movement abilities.

I've developed so many bad habits playing rogue. Mechanic going to kill me? Lol no, it's going to heal me to full.

Faith in Fate

Neo Member
Anyone good with the Bindpad addon?
Just tried it and I love being able to bind pretty much whatever but now when I get into vehicles I can't use any abilities unless I click on them and not sure why :/

Nokterian

Subtlety really has changed and it is really fun to do but assassination is also very fun.

Won

Didn't realize I was only one Broken Shore quest away from getting the class mount after unlocking flying. I guess that leaves gearing up and beating the mage tower and I'm already done again with the content.

Not sure what to make of this yet.

Well at least the Chromie scenario is neat. Gonna give Blizzard credit here.

Peak of Serenity Zen Pilgrimage quests for leveling a monk are kind of borked. They stripped a lot of utility away from Mistweaver and then didn't bother to change the fights, which require abilities you no longer have. At least heirlooms make the required mechanics sort of unnecessary.

Oh but I did get KJBW on my Rogue last night D: About 2 hours after hitting 110 from the world boss.

Now I have all the Havoc legendaries again, so that's fun. Sephuz is probably the next upgrade. At least all my tank legendaries from now on will be 970 which is cool.

Negator

Is anyone else's tier set as bad as Assassination and Outlaw rogue? I just simmed myself going from t19 4P to t20 4P and it's a 40K dps loss.

Blizzard why?

Tarazet

Peak of Serenity Zen Pilgrimage quests for leveling a monk are kind of borked. They stripped a lot of utility away from Mistweaver and then didn't bother to change the fights, which require abilities you no longer have. At least heirlooms make the required mechanics sort of unnecessary.

I bug-reported that in Legion beta and it still hasn't been fixed yet. If you want to do certain quests you have to change your spec so that you have access to Spear Hand Strike or, I think Disarm is another one.

I bug-reported that in Legion beta and it still hasn't been fixed yet. If you want to do certain quests you have to change your spec so that you have access to Spear Hand Strike or, I think Disarm is another one.

So far it's been Spear Hand Strike and Touch of Death and I'm not done leveling yet. With heirlooms you can brute force through pretty much every early encounter by piano'ing through Tiger Palm, Black Out and Rising Kick once and Paralysis sort of counts as an interrupt but it would probably suck without heirlooms or if you didn't think to change your spec to WW.

Lain

Those peak of serenity quests are so bugged that one of them isn't doable at all because of the master's hps sitting at 1.

I noticed that my hunter still has 6 Writhing Essence in her inventory and it is bugging me. The essences were turned into currency through an hotfix so now I have some as currency and 6 (which do not count for the quest since the change) as space-hogging items.

I dont know why my luck is so bad. I have yet to get a legendary or any equips from a WB. I've tried everything and it seems RNG gods hate me. I'm just plain not getting any legendarys or equips over 900 ilevel.

Corpekata

Banned
Starting to wonder if the "crafted legendaries don't count toward legendary RNG" thing is true. My warlock's been without a legendary for a while and I've done a pretty decent amount of content on him. Similarly warrior's 2nd legendary has been really slow to arrive. Both characters I crafted for have seemed really slow to get stuff.

Just unlocked Legion flying. Expected it to take at least one grueling month of bad content after I set foot on the Broken Shore, but I'm surprised I'm already done in less than a week after resubbing.

Also this Broken Shore quest line is a special kind of pathetic. Incredible. Would have gone crazy if I had to wait a week for each of those "quests"
The Broken Shore ended up being a bust. It is a boring and drab zone. Other than the world boss and the 100 nethershard chest quest, I never go there anymore.
Yeah, I unsubbed a few weeks into that. Turned out to be a good time to take a break.
Yeah, it was. I stayed subbed though just to continue PvP'ing. My goal is to finish out this expansion and be at max Prestige level, whatever that ends up being. I will be hitting Prestige 13 this week.

I haven't played since MoP, signed up for a month to go through WoD...and looking at the rotation for enhancement shaman makes me not want to touch it. Warlock feels the same as I remember.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We finished up normal last night then headed into heroic. We got the first boss down with only 9 people, but then we hit a wall on Demonic Inquisition.

Tarazet

I haven't played since MoP, signed up for a month to go through WoD...and looking at the rotation for enhancement shaman makes me not want to touch it. Warlock feels the same as I remember.

Enhancement is one of the more fun and intuitive rotations, in my opinion. What makes it more manageable is that all of the buffs are on you, not the mob, which makes it easy to track using even the default UI. It has a slight ramp time, as compared to a Warrior or Demon Hunter, but after about 5 seconds it's full gas and the ability to sustain damage from group to group is excellent.

Enhancement is one of the more fun and intuitive rotations, in my opinion. What makes it more manageable is that all of the buffs are on you, not the mob, which makes it easy to track using even the default UI. It has a slight ramp time, as compared to a Warrior or Demon Hunter, but after about 5 seconds it's full gas and the ability to sustain damage from group to group is excellent.

I'll have to give it a shot if I decide to play more after getting my Warlock to 100. Shaman was the class I picked during the beta, but coming back and seeing the changes was like whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Trying to knock out my stuff for my class mount... omfg, Blizzard, wtf. Finding those five chests, kill 30 million demons, blah blah blah. This is such filler nonsense. And the artifact power is out of hand. My next trait is like 676 million. lol

Jag

Trying to knock out my stuff for my class mount... omfg, Blizzard, wtf. Finding those five chests, kill 30 million demons, blah blah blah. This is such filler nonsense. And the artifact power is out of hand. My next trait is like 676 million. lol

I did 5 at once. Working on 6 now.

I will have them all. Oh yes.

I feel as though my RNG luck has hit an all time low. I must be cursed. I farm transmogs and get nothing of what I wanted on a 6 characters. Why the fuck am I getting leather or cloth as a plate wielder? Why am I getting rings and trinkets 6x in a row?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saved Chromie!

But from who?

Infinite Chromie?
Murozond?
Khadgar?

YOU?

Evil Chromie
Heroes_ChromieFel.png

Fjordson

Man relics make switching specs a pain. Artifact Knowledge 40 is helping me catch up on traits at decent clip, but my artifact item lvl is only 898 =[

leveling my monk, is there a way to mill herbs faster then 5 at a time

WoD and Legion have mass milling but for legacy content before WoD you'd need an add-on. You can click on Herbalism in your profession window and check out the unlearned tab to see how and where you can pick up mass milling for each herb. With WoD it's a random trader that appears in your garrison.

Especially with a new patch, found I was using Raidbots every day multiple times, so I tossed in $5 monthly for the Patreon priority access stuff.

Of course almost as soon as I post that the site is having problems. GG.

M.D

I'm not interested in playing again but I'd like to know did the story progress at all? I stopped playing shortly after ToV came out

Top Bottom