• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

Good lord, all this Ys drama. People complaining are lucky that LRG is looking out for you by trying to clarify which language(s) is available in other regions. I'm sure you'd be disappointed to open your import to find out that the game is only in a language you don't understand.

Shizuka

Good lord, all this Ys drama. People complaining are lucky that LRG is looking out for you by trying to clarify which language(s) is available in other regions. I'm sure you'd be disappointed to open your import to find out that the game is only in a language you don't understand.

You're completely right, based Limited Run Games for looking out for gamers worldwide.

You're completely right, based Limited Run Games for looking out for gamers worldwide.

Come on, dude. They're running a business too. You've been one of their biggest supporters so you know how it is for them. And you can't say that you wouldn't have been disappointed if the version Heavy Arms sent you was in a language you couldn't understand, right?

Any specific reason for this? I have the asian English standard version preordered right now.

The asian english version was really cheap for a limited time due some shared promo codes back then. I will get it for about 20$ including shipping thanks to that. It's just much cheapier.

The asian english version was really cheap for a limited time due some shared promo codes back then. I will get it for about 20$ including shipping thanks to that. It's just much cheapier.

Ah ok yeah i have the cheap price locked in too. Wasn't sure if there was some sort of content difference or something.

On an unrelated note : ouch ! Plague Road reviews are super negative on steam :s
http://store.steampowered.com/app/622080/Plague_Road/

I've watched a few gameplay videos, and I think I'll skip it altogether. Still in for Oceanhorn though :)

Hrm. I buy ever LRG release, and I Kickstarted this just to get the limited variation covers, but now I'm wondering if I should skip the regular release since I already have the limited ones. Tomorrow being a $100 release day makes it even more tempting to skip the regular version. I really hate these $100 release days.

Ohhh things like no death animations and stuff like that make it seem like this game isn't really finished. Sounds like stuff that would get patched making the physical version not the complete one.

i-Jest

This whole YS back and forth drama has been....something. Anyway I plan on going for the standard version, LRG's standard version anyway. I know exactly what I'm getting with that. I wish you all good luck getting those limited editions.

On another note, I'm excited for Plague Road tomorrow. I'm very curious to see how both versions sell.

I get the whole "we are customers and fans too" angle from LRG but like, something just seems tacky when you handle it all through the official LRG handle instead of your personal handles. Something about that just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. In the end its really no skin off my back but I always hate when "companies" try and discredit others on official handles, irregardless of intent

Hrm. I buy ever LRG release, and I Kickstarted this just to get the limited variation covers, but now I'm wondering if I should skip the regular release since I already have the limited ones. Tomorrow being a $100 release day makes it even more tempting to skip the regular version. I really hate these $100 release days.
Or you can just buy the games you actually want? This weird following of "must own everything LRG makes" from people is pretty freaking weird to me. So much wasted money on games you don't even really want lol

This whole YS back and forth drama has been....something. Anyway I plan on going for the standard version, LRG's standard version anyway. I know exactly what I'm getting with that. I wish you all good luck getting those limited editions.

On another note, I'm excited for Plague Road tomorrow. I'm very curious to see how both versions sell.

Yup, the Ys stuff is just crazy. I'm king to ignore from here on it. LRG's version will be good enough, either standard or LE. I live in NA, use the NA store and prefer NA releases. But to each their own as I know the appeal of English releases despite the region is huge in Playstation community.

I'm hesitant on Plague Road, the art style doesn't appeal to me. Yet I'll still give it a shit on Vita. But I am pretty hyped for Ocean Horn on Vita!

Semoreh

If you're to the point you "hate" two games releases not even because of the games themselves, it may be time to slow down and break the streak.
Like : just get the games you want, or focus on one console, etc...

I always hate when "companies" try and discredit others on official handles, irregardless of intent

Fortunately there's nothing of the sort here, so you should move on maybe ;)

Ohhh things like no death animations and stuff like that make it seem like this game isn't really finished. Sounds like stuff that would get patched making the physical version not the complete one.

Yeah. We have to be extra wary when it comes to kickstarted games. That's why I wasn't very enthusiastic when LRG started being part of multiples kickstarter. Let's just hope Mages of Mystralia and Princess Madelyn end up better :x

i-Jest

Yup, the Ys stuff is just crazy. I'm king to ignore from here on it. LRG's version will be good enough, either standard or LE. I live in NA, use the NA store and prefer NA releases. But to each their own as I know the appeal of English releases despite the region is huge in Playstation community.

I'm hesitant on Plague Road, the art style doesn't appeal to me. Yet I'll still give it a shit on Vita. But I am pretty hyped for Ocean Horn on Vita!

It's currently going for half off on that PSN sale. That's a cheap way to try before you buy the LRG version. If you do decide to get it, I wish you luck today.

Ventara

Disappointing to read that Plague Road isn't that good, though I'm already going all in on a full LRG Vita collection, so I'm getting it, lol.

I was down for Plague Road until I found out that Jim Sterling is the narrator.

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

Oceanhorn Vita get.

Forgot to pre-log-in to PayPal. Was worried for a sec because I think this one will go quick.

edit: And it is, 18% already. Vita versions of both games going faster than PS4 atm.

Animekatt

Got both Vita titles. I lost connection while logging in to Paypal for some reason, so I got a bit nervous, but I just refreshed the page. Everything went through perfectly.

THE-JUV

damn first time I wasn't fast enough to get an order in, Oceanhorn vita sold out so fast even though I added it to my cart, by the time I put in payment info sold out!!

gotta try for the afternoon batch now

Wow, Oceanhorn went really fast. Back to the old blink-and-you'll-miss-it speeds.

Looks like Plague Road is about to sell out too, which is surprising.

mr lurtle

Well this was gone to quick for checkout by phone. I guess if I miss the next batch I'm finally free of trying to get everything :p

Animekatt

It seemed like Plague Road Vita took a few extra seconds after 10am to be able to add to cart. I was getting worried that I would miss Oceanhorn while waiting for it to pop up.

So what are we looking at? Oceanhorn Vita in 2 mins? Wild...

Has anyone used a pre-paid credit card (Vanilla Visa) with LRG before? Where these will and won't work is becoming less and less clear these days.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
A few minutes before they went live I had to use the bathroom really badly. I held it to get my order in then I ran. All is well though. lol

This was my first order using the hold service.

3000 copies is looking like the bare, bare minimum.

Oceanhorn definitely needed a higher run.

It must be difficult for LRG to gauge this. I could've sworn Broken Age was as big if not bigger than Oceanhorn, but given the time it took to sell out you wouldn't have thought so.

Ventara

It seemed like Plague Road Vita took a few extra seconds after 10am to be able to add to cart. I was getting worried that I would miss Oceanhorn while waiting for it to pop up.

+1. I was slowly panicking but figured I still had the afternoon batch. Thankfully was able to get them both.

And complete. Everything is now sold out until the afternoon batch.

i-Jest

I'm glad Plague Road sold fast on Vita. Now sold out for PS4. Those Steam reviews were depressing as fuck to read.

Top Bottom