• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RiME |OT| Breath of the Child

Eggbok

rime12vupq.png

rime2eruet.png

FAQ
How much is RiME?
Rime is $29.99 / €34.99 / £29.99 on Playstation 4, Xbox 1, Steam and digitally on Nintendo Switch. The physical version for Nintendo Switch is $39.99 / €44.99 / £39.99 due to the additional development, manufacturing, and publishing costs involved with the port. However all physical Nintendo Switch copies will include a printed code for the soundtrack by David García.

When does the Ninten Switch version release?
At the moment a release date has not been announced.

Difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro?
PS4: 1080p, 30fps - Pro: 1080p, 30-55fps

What are the reviews saying?
Review Thread

What are the PC specs?
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5 2310 2.9 GHz / AMD FX-6300
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 550 Ti 1GB/ Radeon 6950 1GB or better
Storage: 7700 MB available space

RECOMMENDED
:
Processor: Intel i5 3570k / AMD FX-8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: GTX 770 2GB / Radeon R9 280X 3GB or better
Storage: 7700 MB available space

PC version has Denuvo, for those who care. Interestingly, they forgot to add this piece of information to the store page.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Gorgeous OT. Can't wait to buy and play this after work! The reviews have been super encouraging and I'm glad since the developer clearly put love in this project.

Nice thread and really looking forward to more impressions.

I thought this was digital only until I saw it on Amazon earlier, so I might scoop it up before it inevitably becomes hard to find.

miserable

PC version has Denuvo, for those who care. Interestingly, they forgot to add this piece of information to the store page.

silva1991

Nice OT. I was thinking of grabbing it later this year, but with the lack of games until Crash comes out, I might grab it soon.

maxcriden

Awesome OT and brilliant subtitle, Eggbok! Thanks for making it. Looking forward to checking out the game on XB1 or Switch.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just want you to know guys that my review is up in case some of you interested to know what I think about the game.

As for Denuvo, i just don't care. Plus, the latest version is cracked already and ultimately i find this DRM useless and pointless. I mean, sure, it may help sales in the first 5-10 days but.... if your game is good, people will buy it. What i find 100% unaceptable however, is region-locked localizations (text and audio) which is a lot worse in my opinion than Denuvo or any other DRM.

Any times on length yet?
6-7 hours.

MTC100

Banned
"Difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro?
"

That's a joke right? So the PS4 version is superior to the Pro one?

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager

You are completely correct, we did forget to update the store page with that! Thanks for pointing this out. I just let the teams know, and we'll get it fixed!

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Any info on how the switch version will hold up against the other versions?

We are still working on getting it ready and optimized for Switch. As soon as we have these details finalized we'll be sharing it with the world!

Ikqetac.png

The title for the OT should be : RiMEY McRimeFace

nah breath of the chid is much much better

LATE EDIT: for anyone who might be interested in this, I would avoid watching the launch trailer because itspoils a lot of stuff that you will probably enjoy more had it not been shown to you in advance.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I think Breath of the Wild has ruined me. I played about an hour and a half of Rime, but it's way too rigid for me. I love the music, atmosphere, graphic style and what puzzles I've played through though... but it's just too rigid for my tastes at the moment, haha. I'll probably try to play this again in a month or two

RPGCrazied

Finally. Glad I had a mini OT going before now.

Did get to play it for about an hour. Love everything about it but the framerate. Getting some pretty annoying stuttering on base PS4.

"Difference between PS4 and PS4 Pro?
"

That's a joke right? So the PS4 version is superior to the Pro one?

They're both variable, but the base PS4 runs a decent bit lower on average, and has dips into the 20s.

Regarding PC performance, my post from the review thread:

I don't have time to play now but I quickly tested it to see about performance and... It's just fine.

I think a lot of people are just blindly going with max settings without realizing that includes supersampling (SSAA). Supersampling has a MASSIVE hit on performance, basically needing to render four times the pixels. With TXAA and everything else maxed I'm getting around 75-100FPS (my monitor's cap) with my 1080 Ti in 3440x1440; AKA, it's really smooth.

So many people just blindly choose max settings without paying attention to what that's actually selecting these days...

MTC100

Banned
I think Breath of the Wild has ruined me. I played about an hour and a half of Rime, but it's way too rigid for me. I love the music, atmosphere, graphic style and what puzzles I've played through though... but it's just too rigid for my tastes at the moment, haha. I'll probably try to play this again in a month or two

I know what you mean, I've watched a few minutes of gameplay and thought so myself, it's definitely an incredibly beautiful game(and has such a great OST), one of the artistic best of this generation so far but it feels kinda linear in it's game design, like you are guided by the developer to where you are to go or climb next(granted it's done very subtle). I know this is something many games do(even many openworld games, I felt like that with Nier too to some extent for example) but after BotW it becomes so much more apparent.

False

Game looks gorgeous but on the Xbox One it absolutely struggles to maintain 30 fps. I'm not usually one to be bothered by frame rate but this time it's pretty painful for me. Every time I turn the camera it chugs and it even hitches consistently during the small cutscenes. I have a feeling that they're gonna fall way short of 1080p 30fps on Switch like they said they were aiming for.

Zakalwe

Banned
I think I'll wait for this until it hits Switch (too many games right now anyway) but I'm really glad it turned out so well.

MTC100

Banned
Game looks gorgeous but on the Xbox One it absolutely struggles to maintain 30 fps. I'm not usually one to be bothered by frame rate but this time it's pretty painful for me. Every time I turn the camera it chugs and it even hitches consistently during the small cutscenes. I have a feeling that they're gonna fall way short of 1080p 30fps on Switch like they said they were aiming for.

Not necessarily. If they reduce some effects here and there, there's a good chance that the game will run just fine at 30fps on the Switch.

Lego City runs on 1080p@30 on the Switch and in 900p@30 on the Xbox One and the Switch version has a little bit worse shadows and less reflection details but is the same for the most part still.

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Hey everyone,
I have seen some conversations about our use of Denuvo anti-tamper, and I wanted to take a moment to address it. We have had discussions about Denuvo internally, and one of the key points of all of those discussions have simply been, we want to ensure the best gaming experience for RiME players. RiME is a very personal experience told through both sight and sound. When a game is cracked, it runs the risk of creating issues with both of those items, and we want to do everything we can to preserve this quality in RiME.

We are very committed to this, but also to the simple fact that nothing is infallible. That being said, if RIME is cracked we will release a Denuvo free version of RiME and update existing platforms.

RPGCrazied

Hey everyone,
I have seen some conversations about our use of Denuvo anti-tamper, and I wanted to take a moment to address it. We have had discussions about Denuvo internally, and one of the key points of all of those discussions have simply been, we want to ensure the best gaming experience for RiME players. RiME is a very personal experience told through both sight and sound. When a game is cracked, it runs the risk of creating issues with both of those items, and we want to do everything we can to preserve this quality in RiME.

We are very committed to this, but also to the simple fact that nothing is infallible. That being said, if RIME is cracked we will release a Denuvo free version of RiME and update existing platforms.

Any performance patches on the way for consoles, or is this it?

MTC100

Banned

Good to hear, any chance you will release it on GoG then too?

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I know what you mean, I've watched a few minutes of gameplay and thought so myself, it's definitely an incredibly beautiful game(and has such a great OST), one of the artistic best of this generation so far but it feels kinda linear in it's game design, like you are guided by the developer to where you are to go or climb next(granted it's done very subtle). I know this is something many games do(even many openworld games, I felt like that with Nier too to some extent for example) but after BotW it becomes so much more apparent.

Yeah, exactly. It actually feels a lot like FFXIII to me in that you're essentially in a hallway that happens to have some areas that are wider than others, but you're still progressing down a hallway nonetheless.

Not to say this is a bad thing or it goes against anything that the devs said or were trying to accomplish. It's just not what I want out of a 3D adventure/puzzle game right now... especially coming off the heels of Breath of the Wild. I'm still gonna hang on to my copy to support the devs and because I'll definitely play it at some point in the future though, haha

Top Bottom