• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Conor 419

Banned
On that note, what's the age rating for this game? Because I read the Edge magazine review and it references a 'brutal' sex scene.

Ragus

Banned
Rich from IGN just tweeted that the game does indeed have a NO STYLUS MODE!

tumblr_lte7yuQIxX1qav0eq.gif

clemenx

Banned
I'd guess it's aiming with the face buttons. I played the RE:E demo with that layout and I liked it but Kid Icarus seems too fast paced for it.

Jarsonot

I don't see why they added face button aiming controls, but no CPP aiming option.

I'm still thinking it may be a possibility. It seems new info is still coming in, Rich from IGN still doesn't seem to know all the options (or is at least still discovering things) so we'll have to see.

Sakurai didn't even know about the CPP until he saw it when Monster Hunter 3G was announced in that magazine. By that time, he was almost done with the game. Actually, that was like 1 week before we found out it was delayed again.

Thoraxes

You hold the R-button and move around the slide pad. That's how the video says it works.

The other one with the buttons is to choose basically your plane inversions or so I garner, and then it shows choosing between which side to use.

Wizpig

So if i'm not mistaken, as a lefty, i can use:

Stylus + ABXY
No stylus (? CP + ABXY?)
Stylus + CPP / frankenstick

Please be good, netcode ;_; the actual main game is going to be awesome anyway.

I finished 3D Classics KI, maybe I'll buy Kid Icarus GB aswell.

Rich from IGN just tweeted that the game does indeed have a NO STYLUS MODE!
That was the one thing making me not want this, honestly I might get a 3DS because between this, Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil: Revelations, etc it's hard to refuse.

hatchx

Banned

Stylus + ABXY
No stylus (? CP + ABXY?)

As much as I want this game, it officially makes no sense to not have a dual analog mode using the CPP.

PKrockin

As much as I want this game, it officially makes no sense to not have a dual analog mode using the CPP.

Sakurai didn't even know about the CPP until he saw it when Monster Hunter 3G was announced in that magazine. By that time, he was almost done with the game. Actually, that was like 1 week before we found out it was delayed again.

It smells a bit fishy to me, but then again I don't know what the dev cycle for this game was like or what the reasons for the delay were either.

backlot

Stylus + ABXY
No stylus (? CP + ABXY?)

Looks like the video also shows a mode where you control the character and the aim both with the circle pad and the R button somehow. Not sure if there's a way to use CP and ABXY or not.

zroid

Banned
No one but Sakurai would appease the haters by providing an inferior control scheme, just to prove that he was right all along. Not Nintendo's style.

zroid

Banned
Wow, Rich says the single player alone is ~12 hours long. I thought for sure it would be more like a 4-5 hour romp, with a strong emphasis on replaying at different difficulties and such.

Very impressive. This game is going to be a huge timesink in a month already filled with timesinks.

Jarsonot

Has there been any more information on how online play will work?

What I've heard so far:

• no Mario Kart-like communities

• the game will fill in dropped players with AI unless the host drops, which stops the game

• you can play solely with AI

• either free for all or teams, multiple stages

• the whole choice of weapon determines how much health you lose (rating of weapon, rather)

What I'm curious about is how they'll handle lobbies in between games. Do you remain with the people you've just played, can you invite friends to a "public" lobby, join friends games in progress, vote on next level, etc.

Also wondering if there's any online ranking system, and will it try to pair you with other players of same skill level?

Looking forward to more in-depth info on the subject coming in soon!

hatchx

Banned
What I'm curious about is how they'll handle lobbies in between games. Do you remain with the people you've just played, can you invite friends to a "public" lobby, join friends games in progress, vote on next level, etc.

Also wondering if there's any online ranking system, and will it try to pair you with other players of same skill level?

Looking forward to more in-depth info on the subject coming in soon!

Think there was mention of a Join friend option. IIRC it was confirmed you could even do it from the 3DS Home Friend screen.

I'd imagine you join a match and carry over with people who don't drop. Just like Mario Kart, except without communities.

PKrockin

Anyone know if Nintendo is still offering the free Kid Icarus 3D Classic with a preorder from Amazon/Gamestop in the US, or has that expired?

fernoca

Hahaha..4 pages, over 300 replies.
Is the OT going to be updated in the main post; or a separate one will be created?

Anyone know if Nintendo is still offering the free Kid Icarus 3D Classic with a preorder from Amazon/Gamestop in the US, or has that expired?
Still there, at least on Gamestop. Knowing Gamestop; they'll continue with preorders since the codes will be printed on the receipt.

EDIT:

On friday he's gonna put up the OP.
Good to know. :p

Hahaha..4 pages, over 300 replies.
Is the OT going to be updated in the main post; or a separate one will be created?

Still there, at least on Gamestop. Knowing Gamestop; they'll continue with preorders since the codes will be printed on the receipt.

On friday he's gonna put up the OP.

Busaiku

I can't believe some of you guys want to use face buttons/analog over stylus.
You're severely handicapping yourselves.

PKrockin

Yeah, I just checked and GS and Amazon are both still offering it. When I checked Amazon's page yesterday the preorder bonus wasn't listed for some reason... maybe because this time I clicked in from Google. Thanks.

Now that I know the main story will be fairly lengthy and you can play multiplayer with just AI I'm much more confident preordering this.

I had to ask this question...

Anyone know how long this game is going to be not counting multiplayer?

Wow, Rich says the single player alone is ~12 hours long. I thought for sure it would be more like a 4-5 hour romp, with a strong emphasis on replaying at different difficulties and such.

Very impressive. This game is going to be a huge timesink in a month already filled with timesinks.

zroid

Banned
I can't believe some of you guys want to use face buttons/analog over stylus.
You're severely handicapping yourselves.

My theory is Sakurai relented simply to shut up the whiners. I'm positive once people have actually played the game, they'll all realize stylus is the better way. The only way.

Top Bottom