• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new FRAGILE [Wii] promotion video (Dec 26,2008)

d+pad

BorkBork said:
Am I the only that wishes there was no routine combat whatsoever? Maybe boss fights, but it feels weird smacking crows and jellyfish.

No, you're not alone. Watching the vids, I wish they had avoided combat altogether... Still, I want it :D

batbeg

MotherFan said:
It better be or they are getting none of my money. I really want this too. But, after FF4 I am not getting my hopes up.

MotherFan

I'm so sorry :( On the plus side, you're apparently used to this treatment.

MrDenny said:
The gameplay looks similar to the zelda series. Even the animation is similar.
I hope those tiny ass vids are proof that they fixed that damn animation bug from the on-and-only demo vid I saw . . .

And for the person who is going to ask the devs questions!

Ask them how the other characters come into play. I remember hearing that they join your party and that you could play them.

jarrod

Banned
Gabyskra said:
Yup. Already bitter about Sky Crawlers and 428. :(
Licensed game and a digital novel? I figured The Sky Crawlers had a 50/50 shot (it still might) but no way did 428 have any chance.

Fragile seems made with a worldwide release in mind, it's an easy pickup. Personally, I'm more worried about Taiko Wii, which I'd really like to see make it....

jesusraz

Black-Wind said:
Oh, well I hope ya got some good ones in.

Can't wait for the report back!
I tried to include all the ones people listed and will definitely spread the word when the interview finally comes back :)

Tenbatsu said:
Famitsu 8 8 8 7
Review summary :

- Main story is 20 hours long, more than 30 hours with the side stories.
- The story and characters are well presented and make for an oppressive atmosphere.
- This game will very much touch your feelings.
- No way to lock-on or to "change the direction of the flashlight" [not sure what they mean]
- The Wiimote is appropriately used as a flashlight, it simply is the operability that is lackluster.
- You'll need to get used to switching points-of-view.
- The hints are difficult to understand
- The particularly refined style is magnificent. However, the controls, battles and overall gameplay aren't very well executed.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Stormbringer said:
Review summary :

- The story and characters are well presented and make for an oppressive atmosphere.
- This game will touch your feelings directly.
- No way to lock-on or to "change the direction of the flashlight" [not sure what they mean]
- The Wiimote is appropriately used as a flashlight, it simply is the operability that is lackluster.
- The particularly refined style is magnificent. However, the controls, battles and overall gameplay aren't very well executed.

Obviously it's a Famitsu review and should be taken with a grain of salt, but this is exactly what I thought the game would turn out to be from all the previews.

Stormbringer said:
Review summary :

- This game will touch your feelings directly.

That sentence is essentially telling me this game is complete crap. But who gives a shit about gameplay these days.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BorkBork said:
Obviously it's a Famitsu review and should be taken with a grain of salt, but this is exactly what I thought the game would turn out to be from all the previews.

Seconded. If the Famitsu review is right then the game’s greatest pros are its presentation, characters, and story, with the general gameplay lacking refinement and depth. It’s the impression I’ve been getting based on all media and previews, and while it’s a disappointing the gameplay falls flat, I’d still love to play it for the atmosphere and presentation.

I hope it sells well in Japan. I have a sinking feeling it will bomb, but I'd really like to see games like this sell relatively well, just to send a message to Japanese pubs and devs that there is a market for these kinds of games.

Top Bottom