• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Oh my! Lana won

giphy.gif

New Cashmere Cat album out in 9 days.

This is such a weird rollout, because a whole other album leaked earlier sometime last year with a lot more of his EP-esque tracks on it and this has a completely different tracklist.

I am excited for Europa Pools to get an actual release considering how good the beat sounds.

Vazduh

New Cashmere Cat album out in 9 days.

This is such a weird rollout, because a whole other album leaked earlier sometime last year with a lot more of his EP-esque tracks on it and this has a completely different tracklist.

I am excited for Europa Pools to get an actual release considering how good the beat sounds.

So basically we're getting "another" album (since it leaked half a year ago)? Glad to hear it's finally dropping.

Meowster

She's going back to her roots with this album.

But it doesn't have the same dated production that all of BTD has so it's automatically better.

Vazduh

At first I ignored Betty Who's latest, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I still prefer the debut, but this one also has some really strong songs.

Yado

LFL is just more of the same from Lana, not particularly remarkable but there's nothing wrong with it.

Hard Times...meh.

...And that Prince EP is getting someone sued.
The news became public with the release of the EP's title track, but shortly after the song's release, the Prince estate and Paisley Park filed a federal lawsuit against sound engineer George Ian Boxill for control over the unreleased recordings, according to the Minneapolis's ABC affiliate KTSP.

The lawsuit claims that Boxill — who has also worked with 2Pac, Janet Jackson, and others — is "trying to exploit one or more songs for his personal gain at expense of the Prince Estate." The suit estimates the value of the unreleased recordings at over $75,000 and the late artists's estate, which is being managed by Comerica Bank & Trust and Paisley Park Enterprises, says the release would violate a previous contract Boxill had with Prince.

The "undiscovered studio recordings" featured on the EP were made between 2006 and 2008, according to a press release issued Tuesday by Rogue Music Alliance, the Washington-based label releasing the project. "The songs were written and recorded when Prince was an independent artist, protesting what he saw as an unjust music industry," RMA wrote in the release. "In the spirit of that independence, and in supporting Prince's opinion of major label contracts, DELIVERANCE is being released independently."

Boxill is also quoted in the press release: "Prince once told me that he would go to bed every night thinking of ways to bypass major labels and get his music directly to the public. When considering how to release this important work, we decided to go independent because that's what Prince would have wanted."

Pretty much
It's a good LDR song
I don't even agree w/ that, I think it's a very mediocre Lana song.

Probably the weakest of her title tracks (the others being Honeymoon, Born To Die and Ultraviolence).

Speaking to my friends, many seem to agree. Weird, cus we all loved Love. Still perched for the album tho.

WonderzL

Banned
I can't believe Gaga released a mediocre song a few months before Rock in Rio, her first show in Brazil since 2012 (when I wasn't out yet so I couldn't go lmao). 5 minutes of a 1h show right into the trash.

Also, hi

tumblr_mb38q7MycW1rqrq7ho6_r1_250.gif

Agram

I don't even agree w/ that, I think it's a very mediocre Lana song.

Probably the weakest of her title tracks (the others being Honeymoon, Born To Die and Ultraviolence).

Speaking to my friends, many seem to agree. Weird, cus we all loved Love. Still perched for the album tho.
Honeymoon is worse, but I know what you mean.
Look, she most likely picked that song to be the centerpiece because it features The Weeknd and it's a smart move, as Abel is one of the most popular singers today so at least the album will sell.
Still, I like her new full-Hollywood era, but I want her to return to baroque-pop after LFL.

I can't believe Gaga released a mediocre song a few months before Rock in Rio, her first show in Brazil since 2012 (when I wasn't out yet so I couldn't go lmao). 5 minutes of a 1h show right into the trash.

Also, hi

You weren't out so you couldn't go to a gaga show? :/

What do they do at the Brazil shows lmao
Honeymoon is worse, but I know what you mean.
Look, she most likely picked that song to be the centerpiece because it features The Weeknd and it's a smart move, as Abel is one of the most popular singers today so at least the album will sell.
Still, I like her new full-Hollywood era, but I want her to return to baroque-pop after LFL.
I know why she did it, but I just expected more tbh. I really like a couple of his songs so when I heard it was a feature I was excited, then let down. :(

rhandino

Banned

Also, hi

I mean, it could be worse! Those 5 min could have gone to Come to Mama or John Wayne.

Count your blessings~

tumblr_mkfoxomNwy1s6gs43o1_500.gif

DOWN

Banned
I like Come to Mama... It sounds like a song from an obscure Americana record in the late 70s

A Joanne tea

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't need money, I don't need sleep
I just wish my man would go home
Cause everything's funny
When it's just you and me
I'm tired of people asking
What I do when I'm alone
d2d65106a7.gif

They spend the summer getting clean
But September comes and they fall like leaves
Oh what would I do without you?
What would I do without you?
62a12f3f66.gif

Oh Mr Watson, I've been cheating with you
You're the only one to fix the stupid shit I been through
You're the only one who knows my favorite color
And it's powder blue
3dfbb19944.gif

Fuck all your friends
Tell me "Go get a job"
Bloody noses, talking so fast
Like an 8-ball ain't so wrong
All these problems ain't real
Til' I'm stood up or I'm bored
Check for powder, kitchen counter
Can't tell me this ain't real fun
b276bf99de.gif

They call their parents
Move back home
Go to church and pray for the sad sad girl
debce52892.gif

Mr Watson, I’ve been cheating with you
You’re the only one to fix the stupid shit I been through
You’re the only one who knows my favorite color
739824cd87.gif

What's the point in being young?
So meaningless, without you I’m no good
With my big dead eyes, lost in your buzz
I realize that you’re the only one
c68363afe4.gif

You’re the only one to fix the stupid shit I been through
You’re the only one who knows my favorite color
And it’s powder blue
d2650aad98.gif

rhandino

Banned
I don't need money, I don't need sleep
I just wish my man would go home
Cause everything's funny
When it's just you and me
I'm tired of people asking
What I do when I'm alone
d2d65106a7.gif

They spend the summer getting clean
But September comes and they fall like leaves
62a12f3f66.gif

And it's powder blue
3dfbb19944.gif

Fuck all your friends
Tell me "Go get a job"
Bloody noses, talking so fast
Like an 8-ball ain't so wrong
All these problems ain't real
Til' I'm stood up or I'm bored
Check for powder, kitchen counter
Can't tell me this ain't real fun
b276bf99de.gif

They call their parents
Move back home
Go to church and pray for the sad sad girl
debce52892.gif

Mr Watson, I've been cheating with you
739824cd87.gif

What's the point in being young?
So meaningless, without you I'm no good
With my big dead eyes, lost in your buzz
I realize that you're the only one
c68363afe4.gif

And it's powder blue
d2650aad98.gif
So glad you are back! =3

qUmZfx2.gif

Also YAAAS! Stan the best theme!

Granted, it kind of looks like I am exploring some Alex Jones forum in which I discuss how the earth is flat and why Sandy Hook was an inside job but at least is not murdering my eyeballs~

Vazduh

You're back!

XBXLvtZ.gif

Welcome back, Vazra!

KYLIE- GOT TO BE CERTAIN

I need to put this song on repeat so i can get this out of my system. What chessy, catchy trash but why i cant stop.

Nothing wrong with a lil' bit of Stock Aitken Waterman!

WAiTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

bZfoQqo.gif
bZfoQqo.gif

Also, hi

Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom