• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

35167313200_f4a457e7d4_z.jpg

I absolutely love this UCS Viper. Any idea where i can get/buy the build plans for it?

Started on my first MOC in almost a year it seems. I thought about tearing down most of my old Halloween display from 2015, but decided to just add more to it. Just started building a giant rock formation to put...something on top of it. I have some plans, but let's see how those play out.

Finished up the first set of bags for Old Fishing Store. It’s weird to have something so similar to a modular but not be tiling it as usual.

Ponn

Banned
Started on my first MOC in almost a year it seems. I thought about tearing down most of my old Halloween display from 2015, but decided to just add more to it. Just started building a giant rock formation to put...something on top of it. I have some plans, but let's see how those play out.

ohhhhh i think we may be going for the same thing.

Okay lights are flickering, cant get ahold of my sister and the water collecting outside and getting in under door gap is all freaking me out.

Time to say fuck it. im not getting sleep tonight so going to go till pass out or lights go out. Let them say i went doing what i love :p

Hope you hear from your sister soon. And glad you are weathering the storm well enough.

And no, I don't think we are going for the same Halloween idea. I would be a little disturbed if we were.

R-User!

I'll echo what others have said Ponn: Stay safe, and if it is feasible and you deem it wise to do so, keep in touch with us; we'll be thinking about you in between posts... :/

I'm thinking about buying that Viper too. It certainly looks great, but I'm really curious about the quality of the construction and the manual.

DBT85

Apart from making myself a spreadsheet, is there any way of keeping a record of the parts I already have available? Not sure if there is a facility for such a thing on one of the various websites.

David is French and it appears that his is selling the instructions for EUR 10. It has 2696 pieces and measures 55cm long.

I will send him an email to see if I can get the instructions.

More images:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16117301@N07/
I will be up for a copy at that price I think!

£252 plus postage whether I pick new or used parts which seems odd.

Also obviously wonder how much of the internals can be swapped out as it can't be seen anyway.

Apart from making myself a spreadsheet, is there any way of keeping a record of the parts I already have available? Not sure if there is a facility for such a thing on one of the various websites.

If you add your sets in rebrickable, it has a section that shows you all the parts the sets contain.

willp2003

What time do preorders start for the MF on 9/14? Are we expecting a sell-out within minutes like the SNES Classic?

The UK website (touch wood) is normally pretty good at being updated at midnight or just before. The US seems to be a bit more of a lottery by all accounts.
I'll be hitting F5 from 11pm.
UK limit is 3 and US is 5 per person, but somebody said they expect that to change, which will hopefully delay the scalpers a bit, and give everyone a chance to get one.

What time do preorders start for the MF on 9/14? Are we expecting a sell-out within minutes like the SNES Classic?

Probably 12am EST this Wednesday. Unless LEGO does some BS again and it winds up like 2:17am for no reason.

I am on the fence about doing online or driving to the store Thursday. My car has been touchy lately, and I did the math that driving to the store will cost me about $40 more than ordering online. Sure, I get it that same day and don't have to wait, but it is $40 I really don't have to spend.

When you create a wishlist on bricklink, it let you put the number of pieces you need and the number of pieces you already have. You can create various projects, and update the numbers as you are buying.

If you just want to keep record of all the pieces you have, create a generic wishlist already full of pieces.

willp2003

Do you guys really think that we'll get a new UCS ISD next year?

Whilst I really want one, I think they have to be careful releasing a hugely expensive set so close after the falcon. I think a lot will depend on how well the falcon sells.
You can imagine a new fan getting coming along and seeing the Death Star, falcon and ISD all on sale, and nearly having a heart attack at the price for them all.
That said, bring it on!

papluh

I doubt it, ISD would have to be priced lot higher that the common UCS sets (Snowspeeder, slave I, Tie) to be of good detail. That would leave them with DS, MF and ISD fighting in high price area.

Still, they can surprise...

DBT85

If you add your sets in rebrickable, it has a section that shows you all the parts the sets contain.
Ta!

The UK website (touch wood) is normally pretty good at being updated at midnight or just before. The US seems to be a bit more of a lottery by all accounts.
I'll be hitting F5 from 11pm.
UK limit is 3 and US is 5 per person, but somebody said they expect that to change, which will hopefully delay the scalpers a bit, and give everyone a chance to get one.

3 or even 5 per order is so utterly ridiculous. 1 per address/csrd. Why is that so hard.

When you create a wishlist on bricklink, it let you put the number of pieces you need and the number of pieces you already have. You can create various projects, and update the numbers as you are buying.

If you just want to keep record of all the pieces you have, create a generic wishlist already full of pieces.

Ta again!

Sure hope so.

papluh

Just got call from LEGO Store. They are sorry but being 20+ on the list I have no chance on the UCS MF launch on 14th, only people in first 10. They don't know when more will be available, but will call me.
There will be a black VIP card, but they don't know of any perks as the rumor goes. And are limited to 20k pieces.
Told me to try online if I really want that card.

Just got call from LEGO Store. They are sorry but being 20+ on the list I have no chance on the UCS MF launch on 14th, only people in first 10. They don't know when more will be available, but will call me.
There will be a black VIP card, but they don't know of any perks as the rumor goes. And are limited to 20k pieces.
Told me to try online if I really want that card.
Are you US? My store has been giving conflicting info. One day they won't hold. The next they will if you call 24 hrs ahead. Now worried I totally missed the boat.

DonShula

Lego Stores typically don't hold anything, right? This doesn't sound like a process or company-wide arrangement; it sounds like random employees offering to pull stock aside and tag with "save for" notes. Based on that, I would take anything they tell you over the phone with a large grain of salt, unless that specific person has saved things for you in the past. That kind of thing is at the whim of the store manager and whoever actually works that morning. If you don't truly have a pre-order, and it sounds like they don't officially exist (at least not in the US), I wouldn't count on anything getting saved for pickup later in the day. This isn't GameStop where there's a preorder system (which they still botch regularly).

I can't imagine that a store getting only 10 units will pull one aside and refuse to sell it if there's a line of 20 people when the store opens.

ghostmind

Mine has been very clear - first come first serve, one per person.

The store manager suggested arriving very early as he expects some to be waiting when the mall opens at 6:30am.

Also remember that this is the day for the Winter Village VIP release, so that won't help with the crowd size.

DBT85

Yodel found their own backside and finally delivered. Just waiting for the snowspeeder to arrive.

RVoF4GV.jpg

Annnddddd I got all 3 posters. Hurrah!

82uIOFK.jpg

ohhhhh i think we may be going for the same thing.

Okay lights are flickering, cant get ahold of my sister and the water collecting outside and getting in under door gap is all freaking me out.

Time to say fuck it. im not getting sleep tonight so going to go till pass out or lights go out. Let them say i went doing what i love :p

Check in with us when you can, Ponn. Hope you're alright.

I will be up for a copy at that price I think!

£252 plus postage whether I pick new or used parts which seems odd.

Also obviously wonder how much of the internals can be swapped out as it can't be seen anyway.

I've dropped him an e-mail as well.

That parts price is what I'd probably expect from a MOC UCS.

David is French and it appears that his is selling the instructions for EUR 10. It has 2696 pieces and measures 55cm long.

I will send him an email to see if I can get the instructions.

More images:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/16117301@N07/

I will let you know if I was able to reach him. But aside of that you will need like $300 in pieces at least....

Got the instructions! 😀

Ahh sweet, obviously sharing a page or two isn't on so let us know what you think of the instructions!

I'm also very curious. How would you rate the instructions, compared to normal Lego instructions?
Are the steps clear, easy to folllow?

The instructions are pretty clear. Only the pieces being added on are colored. The pieces that are already there, turns into pale yellow colored. It tells you when to flip the model and at which angle to flip it at.

Overall, it's a pretty well designed instructions. About 238 steps. I don't think I'll have any problems following it when I get the parts.

Ahh sweet, obviously sharing a page or two isn't on so let us know what you think of the instructions!

I'm also very curious. How would you rate the instructions, compared to normal Lego instructions?
Are the steps clear, easy to folllow?

It is very high quality, a 268 pages pdf file + sticker sheet + part list. The pdf is quite big, 166MB so I guess not that compressed.

Instructions are easy to follow and steps are detailed. It is quite good, but I have seem better instructions from other MOCs. The quality of the images is on par of old Lego official modulars from some years ago, if you understand what I mean.

But a great value for the price and the author is really nice so I can only recommend it.

The instructions are pretty clear. Only the pieces being added on are colored. The pieces that are already there, turns into pale yellow colored

Also this. It can be a little disorienting if you are used to located the place where you need to put the new piece by the colours surrounding it, but the images are clear and you can be easily guided by the studs.

Top Bottom