• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yup! Just gotta be careful not to totally fuck up your board though, haha. I've done that MANY times.

I'm usually too lazy to go into that much thought anyway, it's more of a thing I do when I realize it's gonna be a tough fight... and then I only do it if there's not some easier combo obvious :p So IF i fuck up my board... can't be much worse than it already was! :D

Z3M0G

When does this release on Android?

Edit: Wait, what??? "This app is incompatible with your Bell Samsung SGH-I747M."

So I can't play this in Canada?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm usually too lazy to go into that much thought anyway, it's more of a thing I do when I realize it's gonna be a tough fight... and then I only do it if there's not some easier combo obvious :p So IF i fuck up my board... can't be much worse than it already was! :D

Hahaha - fair enough.

I'm starting to hit a slight wall. I need to start building up a converter of each element. Where do you get new/good/better monsters? Is gacha the only way to get 5*+?

E: Also, my code is on the other page, but my name is NicogaGAF for anyone looking for me. I've added whomever I've run across. I'll remove non-GAF folk if I run out of space.

When does this release on Android?

Edit: Wait, what??? "This app is incompatible with your Bell Samsung SGH-I747M."

So I can't play this in Canada?
APK Downloader will let you bypass the region restriction and maybe the hardware restriction:
http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/
So if I got a 3* Mermaid out of my initial roll, should I keep her as a healer and start playing? Or keep resetting until I get a 5* version?
She's the unevolved version of the best of the three healer sisters, so not bad.

chris121580

Sorry to ask this again but I don't want to make the wrong decision:

I just finished the metal dragon dungeon and received an extremely rare king metal dragon no. 178. What should I do with it? Should I use it to fuse with someone in my party? He's already at max level

jersoc

where do you find your ID? trying to figure what group I belong to for the dungeons.

oh, i found it. it shows when you do an ID search.

Smiley90

I thought Pengdras were enhance material?

Evolve Pengdras to make them even better enhance material ;)

Also, downloaded the game on my android tablet too, so soon I'll post a second code here. Want to roll for another dark (or light, to complement my hades) monster, but I'll see what re-rolling brings me.

I thought Pengdras were enhance material?
They're special enhance material. Once you evolve them (which requires metal dragons of the same element) the amount of EXP they give for feeding goes waaaay up.
Sorry to ask this again but I don't want to make the wrong decision:

I just finished the metal dragon dungeon and received an extremely rare king metal dragon no. 178. What should I do with it? Should I use it to fuse with someone in my party? He's already at max level
Fuse it; they're designed to provide massive EXP bonuses.

Owzers

yay metal king dragon?!!!!!???!!!

the last stage in that event dungeon was silly, i used my poisoning skill from a dark succubus and it instakilled all three low lvl metal dragons. Killing the dragon king took awhile though as the map hated green gems.

Flunkie

Banned
My team sucks.
VsJLG.jpg

Kouriozan

Woot I finally finished upgrading my monster boxes to 100 so now I can finally use my stones for rare monsters.
Leveled my Odin to level 25 thanks to 2 metal dragon king, I think I'll stop leveling him for now as it needs much exp.

Owzers

O________O i have 25 monster boxes only....i don't want to use stones for it since i still need good monsters.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Got Wood Mech Warrior Asgard (5*) after the tutorial. Should I keep him? Or should I try my luck gain to get a fire monster? I'm asking because I've read fire is a good way to avoid IAP.

Is there a limit on stones you get if you don't intend to buy any ?

Currently only rank 9 at tower of trials, and not sure how to progress from here.
I got my 5 star Neptune and a 4 star lvl 30 green dragon killing everything, but I don't know where to start on upgrades and adding more troops.

Should I evolve my Dark knight from intro, or evolve one of those random carbuncles/slimes/goblins I keep getting ?

So...I went into "Others" then "Change Name" and made my name

MDavisGAF

is that what I need to give for others to friend me? I'll boot out people on my friends list for GAFFers

AND I just reached level 20-so the first lucky person from GAF to friend me in game will get my gift!!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So...I went into "Others" then "Change Name" and made my name

MDavisGAF

is that what I need to give for others to friend me? I'll boot out people on my friends list for GAFFers

AND I just reached level 20-so the first lucky person from GAF to friend me in game will get my gift!!

I was going to add you, but I don't know how to search by name vs ID (the 9 digit number).

E: Just hit rank 12, so I'd be willing to trade my level 20 gift with you if you're down. :p

Is there a limit on stones you get if you don't intend to buy any ?

Currently only rank 9 at tower of trials, and not sure how to progress from here.
I got my 5 star Neptune and a 4 star lvl 30 green dragon killing everything, but I don't know where to start on upgrades and adding more troops.

Should I evolve my Dark knight from intro, or evolve one of those random carbuncles/slimes/goblins I keep getting ?
You will always gain the opportunity to get more magic stones from special events and new dungeons, albeit way slower than the beginning of the game.

Yes at evolving both. Find out which monsters work for you. If you're finding you're not getting enough damage through per match since those two monsters are way overkill for your current rank, you may want to consider benching one for more color variety.

Jinko

Which dungeons do the Dragon Seeds drop from again, besides the special dungeons or is it random luck ?

I was going to add you, but I don't know how to search by name vs ID (the 9 digit number).

E: Just hit rank 12, so I'd be willing to trade my level 20 gift with you if you're down. :p

Ok looks like my ID is 375,736,295
Try searching for that ID under the Friend tab, and ID search...

Kuntz

KuntzGAF added everyone here.
Strangely the only requests I get are generic dragons, with one letter names like "a", "j", or "y" ...

Had fun (at work, i became a bad person..)

Flunkie

Banned
So leveling up its rarity and then using it at a 3* max compared to a 2* max holds no benefit? That's what I meant.

Edit: Nevermind, I see what you're saying. We're talking about the same thing, I just called it by the wrong thing.

blackflag

This game has the weirdest match 3 ever. You can just grab a block and put it anywhere on the screen. LOL

I guess it makes up for it by having monsters that can 1 shot you basically.

totowhoa

Banned
Is there anything wrong with going all wood-type since I pulled a Green Odin at the start? Seem to remember the OP had something negative to say about that, but I don't see it now since it was updated (though I might've missed it).

Gonna post my ID one last time: 381, 530, 295.

Forz

I think I'm addicted as well. I probably rerolled 30 times before settling on Parvati. Trying to get up to level 20 and hope that I can get a green starter dragon with my gift since I chose fire.

ID 394 139 299

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there anything wrong with going all wood-type since I pulled a Green Odin at the start? Seem to remember the OP had something negative to say about that, but I don't see it now since it was updated (though I might've missed it).

Single type is a fantastic option. The only thing you need to watch for is when you fight a team resistant to your main element.

Also, I'm adding you as soon as I hit reply. :)

E: Is it better to evolve early or wait until you hit max level with a monster?

xCobalt

Which dungeons do the Dragon Seeds drop from again, besides the special dungeons or is it random luck ?

Tower of Trials

The problem with building one specific team is that you'll be running into problems later on. You'll only be doing half damage in a Fire Dungeon for example. Also, there will be dungeons where the enemies can use abilities. Some abilities will disable an element for a number of turns.

E: Is it better to evolve early or wait until you hit max level with a monster?

Gotta max out your monster before it can evolve.

Smiley90

Tower of Trials

The problem with building one specific team is that you'll be running into problems later on. You'll only be doing half damage in a Fire Dungeon for example. Also, there will be dungeons where the enemies can use abilities. Some abilities will disable an element for a number of turns.

Gotta max out your monster before it can evolve.

Can't you setup a dual team with some monsters in reserve that you can swap with in case the ONE bad combo shows up as your opponent?

Flunkie

Banned
I feel really underpowered even at level 21 because of not having my red starter dragon. Got a light starter one to make up for it with the friend thing, but still.

totowhoa

Banned
Can't you setup a dual team with some monsters in reserve that you can swap with in case the ONE bad combo shows up as your opponent?

That was what I was hoping to do -- have two monsters (maybe three later) on reserve for such occasions. I think that might be what I do... at least I'll have a focus on what to evolve at least. It's just been sort of thoughtless so far, focusing primarily on just three of my earlier monsters (each of which are different elements). At least for a bit I'll focus on trying to put together a good wood party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom