• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepy image thread.

Melchiah

Pk9zJT4.jpg

FfBAQB7.jpg

VwED7yD.jpg

ofP2cQ8.jpg

By: http://vergvoktre.deviantart.com/gallery/

feel you. no secret you're a fan of Sony's offerings as much as I was Nintendo's, so that place kind of sucked if you wanted to talk about anything outside PC or Xbox.

Good to see you so active on this side. Be safe my man.

Agreed. I like it more here, where news threads aren't usually such fighting grounds, and trolls are often weeded out. It's also affected my posting habits, when you don't have to be up in arms, defending your stance. Then again, I was also younger at the time. ;)

Nice to meet an old Onion here. I've also met some old Beyond3D residents here.

mantidor

Beksinski is amazing, it's so incredibly sad that he died, but at the same time I randomly see new works of him. Even sites that claim they have the "complete works" miss one or another, why is it so hard to find his complete catalog?

Melchiah

Beksinski is amazing, it's so incredibly sad that he died, but at the same time I randomly see new works of him. Even sites that claim they have the "complete works" miss one or another, why is it so hard to find his complete catalog?

Here's one more from him.

bOb8NZn.jpg

Melchiah

http://culture.pl/en/article/zdzisl...ing-paintings-now-in-stunning-virtual-reality
Zdzisław Beksiński's Mind-Bending Paintings Now in Stunning Virtual Reality

The creations of Zdzisław Beksiński are valued by fans around the world for their fascinating and unsettling atmospheres and their surrealistic scenery straight from the borderland between wakefulness and dreams. Created by the Polish studio 11th Dimension, De Profundis allows you to infiltrate the world of the artist’s most famous paintings thanks to the fast-developing technology of virtual reality and the use of VR goggles.

More in the link + video: https://youtu.be/alsujHF5vg4

Melchiah

"A tribute to: Lauren E. Simonutti (1968-2012)

Lauren E. Simonutti, 1968, USA, passed away last week due to complications from her illness. On March 28th, 2006 she started hearing voices and was diagnosed with "rapid cycling, mixed state bipolar with schizoaffective disorder". She felt she was going mad and spent her last years almost in isolation. She turned the camera on herself and the space she was living in. She has left us with an impressive, honest and strong body of work. With her photographs she gave a voice to those that suffer in isolation.

"Over (five) years I have spent alone amidst these 8 rooms, 7 mirrors, 6 clocks, 2 minds and 199 panes of glass. And this is what I saw here. This is what I learned. I figure it could go one of two ways - I will either capture my ascension from madness to as much a level of sanity for which one of my composition could hope, or I will leave a document of it all, in the case that I should lose."

pa1qHiz.jpg

NEx0wbR.jpg

lVCm7av.jpg

4MDCZsa.jpg

ilJdEfl.jpg

Melchiah

JnKo9Pd.jpg

nNUWUx6.jpg

wABVFd5.jpg

SyB1OvL.jpg

ByThomas Kinkade.

EDIT: Forgot the accompanying info.
Eventually, no longer content with the letter N’s he added to honor his wife Nanette, Thomas Kinkade began hiding human corpses or other suggestions of grim violence within his idyllic paintings. These “little frownies,” as he called them, were Thom’s dark gifts to the viewer, small but unsettling reminders of mortality. As he wrote in his 2004 autobiography, LIGHT MAKES RIGHT:
“I have long-since found that no amount of dappled sunlight or perfectly fallen New England snow can mask the stench of shit and Death that has enveloped this corrupt world. The rotting flesh beneath the skin of this ‘life’ has ruined me with its acrid fumes, and until Lord Jesus himself finally wrenches these hateful brushes from my stiffening claws, I intend to make goddamned sure everyone fills their fucking lungs.”

Melchiah

Artist sends creepy life-sized Victorian dolls into the London Underground.
8MNUgPB.jpg

The two creepy head-characters rode the Northern Line, pushed an empty pram down the platforms, and sat down to play trains at Hamley's toy-store, as a publicity stunt for Mind Gap, a new theme park ride designed by stage conjurer/hypnotist Derren Brown (previously) that will open in March 2016 at the Thorpe Park theme park in Chertsey, England.

Brown said of this morning’s creepy stunt: ‘The theme of Victoriana is ever present in my work and you will see glimpses of this in my new attraction.’

‘I believe we are moving toward a future where theme park attractions not only give you a physical experience but also play with your mind and the concept of what is real,’ he added.

‘The Victorian twin dolls, who have popped up around London this week, are just a taster of what my new attraction has in store for visitors to Thorpe Park next spring.’

Video:
https://youtu.be/wu_Lct-uVW8

E92 M3

Man, some of the artwork on this page is straight out of the Devil May Cry world.

And that's crazy about the hidden objects of death in those idyllic paintings.

Melchiah

Magical Drop

Neo Member
From a friends Facebook album of photos of themselves when they were a kid

FWV6lNI.jpg

They thought it was sweet and endearing, but the first thing I thought of was this thread!

Melchiah

fMHfiCs.jpg

nN8ppCb.jpg

Gyula Pap and Albert Henning - Dance with a mask, composition with feather & veil, 1930's.

lpZ89Zb.jpg

Kid in homemade make-up in Famous Monsters magazine, 1972.

Melchiah

There's an article about the souvenirs serial killers collected, and people on Facebook were posting screencaps of the fittingly creepy ad placement.

0ThQ66O.jpg

h7aHyBf.jpg

zgGDlLJ.jpg

This is what I got on my laptop:

R1BGSjs.jpg

Top Bottom