• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Voror

Got enough doing story missions to do another another pull after my initial ones didn't have too much luck and managed to get a screen break which resulted in TEQ SSJ3 Goku.

I think I should be able to get enough if I'm estimating right, but imagine it would be better to just save for Gogeta now then try for Masked.

Tamanon

Banned
Got enough doing story missions to do another another pull after my initial ones didn't have too much luck and managed to get a screen break which resulted in TEQ SSJ3 Goku.

I think I should be able to get enough if I'm estimating right, but imagine it would be better to just save for Gogeta now then try for Masked.

Don't stress out too much on Masked Saiyan. He's actually not even a Dokkan Exclusive. Hell, he even gets on the World Tournament SSR banner!

Got 5 stones, pulled on the banner. Rainbow text, Insta SSJ, SSJ 1, SSJ 2, screen starts flashing all beautifully, SSR!!!!! SSJ3 Gotenks, FUCK! Great unit but I already have 2 paths for him :/

Voror

Don't stress out too much on Masked Saiyan. He's actually not even a Dokkan Exclusive. Hell, he even gets on the World Tournament SSR banner!

Haha, I hadn't even noticed he wasn't. Kind of weird really as he's the only SSR on the banner that isn't one. Even more reason then.

Wonder if will see Gogeta before the end of the year. Reason would assume that either he or Janemba would be next unless I'm forgetting someone.

Tamanon

Banned
Haha, I hadn't even noticed he wasn't. Kind of weird really as he's the only SSR on the banner that isn't one. Even more reason then.

Wonder if will see Gogeta before the end of the year. Reason would assume that either he or Janemba would be next unless I'm forgetting someone.

We still have SS3 Broly and PHY Godtenks also. Bleh. At this rate I expect Gogeta/Janemba around December personally.

Yeah I expect Janemba and Gogeta in November or December and Broly with Gotenks first. Would be awesome to have December with the double banners.

Also maybe Gogeta can finally get his leader skill LOL.

Styles

Still want my SSJ4 Gogeta NGL. Spent 400 stones on his banner and got TRASH.

On the flipside I pulled 2 PHY Omegas from one discounted mult

Not the results I wanted, but it's like whatever lol

Flambe

Yeah I expect Janemba and Gogeta in November or December and Broly with Gotenks first. Would be awesome to have December with the double banners.

Also maybe Gogeta can finally get his leader skill LOL.

I'd be down for INT Gogeta and ss4 getting leader skill next lol.

Jesus 100% all types is so broken lmao. And only an LR form? Yeah, that has to be a giveaway of some kind. It's honestly too broken though. You never need to run any other teams with that leader skill.

Skii

That unit is gonna be for 1000 day log ins. No way they give that out to everyone. Just a select few veterans and by the time everyone else gets it, we'll be on 300% leaders or this game will be dead.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say it's gonna be a login bonus for everyone for the 1000 days celebration, just like we got AGL big ass hopeku. It's madness, yes. It makes pulling new leaders if not entirely pointless, at least a lot less tempting.

Unless power creep is about to get so crazy that they NEED F2Pers or those with bad luck to have this guy to even be able to keep up anymore. Giving everyone this guy is going to bring a lot of people back, or keep them in for a while. They can assume a rough baseline of stats and team strength going forward.

I could be totally wrong, there's a good chance that I am. But I'm sticking with my guns on this one. Mostly because I kind of want it to be true. Although it's a bit of a double-edged sword because his LS really is busted for the current meta, even in JP I think, assuming you've got a strong rainbow team.

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say it's gonna be a login bonus for everyone for the 1000 days celebration, just like we got AGL big ass hopeku. It's madness, yes. It makes pulling new leaders if not entirely pointless, at least a lot less tempting.

Unless power creep is about to get so crazy that they NEED F2Pers or those with bad luck to have this guy to even be able to keep up anymore. Giving everyone this guy is going to bring a lot of people back, or keep them in for a while. They can assume a rough baseline of stats and team strength going forward.

I could be totally wrong, there's a good chance that I am. But I'm sticking with my guns on this one. Mostly because I kind of want it to be true. Although it's a bit of a double-edged sword because his LS really is busted for the current meta, even in JP I think, assuming you've got a strong rainbow team.

That'd be the most "fair" thing for Bamco to do, so expect it not to happen :p Big Ass Hope Goku and Bigger Ass Hope Goku really aren't that great of cards, so using them as a baseline isn't great.
At the same time though, who knows how much longer Bamco is going to sink time into this game. They could be ready to move onto something else and this could be a last hurrah. It is 2 years old, which is a long time to give so much support for a mobile game.

EDIT: Just saw this thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449215
I don't think Dokkan is going anywhere any time soon lol.

There was talk of a new browser/mobile DBZ game recently, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they're sitting on it just to not cannibalize their own userbase. They have zero incentive to stop supporting Dokkan or to launch a successor as long as it's doing this well. Though given its success it's kind of criminal how little work is being done to modernize the game and improve basic functionality and quality of life features. I've beaten that horse before but clearly it's still a relevant topic. At times it feels like the game is being developed and run by half a dozen people, tops.

Voror

So I've got three EKs but not sure who to prioritize between SSJ4 Vegeta and Teq SSJ3 Goku. Does it really matter in this case or is one worth focusing on opposed to the other?

Following on the conversation from earlier, I tried the Angel Goku event again for funzies.

Yeah, Mono STR is not bad:

Also, I had 304k and something health.

I've been running a STR team and having no trouble at all really. Only real worry is that countdown running out. SSJ3 Vegeta has been the real MVP with the stun though.

Durden77

This team wrecks SSJ3 Goku

rogPmxz_d.jpg

Only used 1 senzu. Masked Saiyan (so not Bardock) is so fun. Really like how his teams encourage you to be flexible with rotations too.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
There was talk of a new browser/mobile DBZ game recently, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they're sitting on it just to not cannibalize their own userbase. They have zero incentive to stop supporting Dokkan or to launch a successor as long as it's doing this well. Though given its success it's kind of criminal how little work is being done to modernize the game and improve basic functionality and quality of life features. I've beaten that horse before but clearly it's still a relevant topic. At times it feels like the game is being developed and run by half a dozen people, tops.

Unfortunately I understand their stance. They're putting minimal effort in and it's churning money. So naturally they're not doing anything to shake up the formula and potentially scare away the user base. I'm sure once it begins to die they'll unveil new modes or that other game they developed.

Unfortunately I understand their stance. They're putting minimal effort in and it's churning money. So naturally they're not doing anything to shake up the formula and potentially scare away the user base. I'm sure once it begins to die they'll unveil new modes or that other game they developed.

They don't have to change what's there, but man, show some love. The amount of f2p stones we get is pitiful considering the rates, the gameplay is just dokkanfest after dokkanfest, or some really easy story event, and a lot of the UI is still trash (the sell interface, are you kidding me - although I gotta give it up for the training overhaul at least). They tried with Battlefield but since it was deemed a failure it seems to have been retired rather than revamped, despite ostensibly being in beta. It may yet come back but I'm not holding out much hope. At this point I fear this game will just continue on exactly as-is until a line on a graph somewhere dips below a certain point, they release a new DBZ game, and kill this one when another line on another graph crosses another point.

But yeah from a completely mercenary, make-as-much-money-as-possible in the short-term kind of way, they have no incentive to change anything, considering the cash they're raking in.

So I've got three EKs but not sure who to prioritize between SSJ4 Vegeta and Teq SSJ3 Goku. Does it really matter in this case or is one worth focusing on opposed to the other?

I'd choose whichever you use the most. I personally like SS4 Vegeta better but I also have a pretty stacked AGL team and only an "OK" TEQ team. I use AGL more than TEQ, so I go with AGL.

L Thammy

Got my first LR! Androids 17 & 18!

The team cost makes them totally not worth adding to my Rose team, but I get to see that lightning border whenever I check out my character list!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
They don't have to change what's there, but man, show some love. The amount of f2p stones we get is pitiful considering the rates, the gameplay is just dokkanfest after dokkanfest, or some really easy story event, and a lot of the UI is still trash (the sell interface, are you kidding me - although I gotta give it up for the training overhaul at least). They tried with Battlefield but since it was deemed a failure it seems to have been retired rather than revamped, despite ostensibly being in beta. It may yet come back but I'm not holding out much hope. At this point I fear this game will just continue on exactly as-is until a line on a graph somewhere dips below a certain point, they release a new DBZ game, and kill this one when another line on another graph crosses another point.

But yeah from a completely mercenary, make-as-much-money-as-possible in the short-term kind of way, they have no incentive to change anything, considering the cash they're raking in.
LOL make sure you don't ever play any other gacha games because this game is definitely up there for f2p currency availability AND rates.

So I don't have any category leads. I also only have 1 120% lead, no Vegito Blue or Masked Saiyan.

But I have rainbow Super Vegito so I got that going for me, which is nice.

#f2plife

LOL make sure you don't ever play any other gacha games because this game is definitely up there for f2p currency availability AND rates.

Errr just because it's better than others doesn't make it not shit. The rates are definity terrible, didn't someone say a featured card had a 1% chance or something? That's awful. I spent like $150 on SSJ4 Vegeta banner and didn't get shit worth a damn. The fact they put R units on a Dokkanfest banner is just shitty all around.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
They did announce another one iirc. But whatever it is it probably won't be there to take over this game. Maybe if sales fall off here then maybe.

BrunoM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh categories soon!? SHEEIT.

Omega Shenron teams go

Fusion Saiyans team go!
Well that's not how it's going to work ...

My way of seeing it categories didn't start that way they will be here soon ...

On the next app update but first we will see the pichi pichi one and WT that's how it starts then when the release the first summoned ones I think they will finally activate the gogeta and omega ones

So what are categories for ?

Can somebody explain ?

Categories are like the class of a character (for example SSJ4 Gogeta is a "Fusion dance" leader, meaning all Fusion dance characters get the leader bonus). After the 120% leads this is the new meta with characters like SSJ4 Gogeta for fusion, PHY Omega Shenron is the "Shadow dragon arc" leader (meaning all characters in the Shadow dragon arc are included) and we will get STR Ultimate Gohan who is a "mixed sayians" lead (Gohan, Trunks, Pan ect.)
Once the update is added at the bottom of their card displays what categories they are part of (they can be in more than one)

I think its super dumb they made Gogeta the Fusions leader for the category system.

Gotenks is the one that appears the most and fusion is his thing. He should have been the fusion category leader.

Gogeta should have just been Heroes Leader overall like Omega should have been for villains. All the later Category leaders are just shitting on them due to better units in making teams.

Xanru

I think its super dumb they made Gogeta the Fusions leader for the category system.

Gotenks is the one that appears the most and fusion is his thing. He should have been the fusion category leader.

Gogeta should have just been Heroes Leader overall like Omega should have been for villains. All the later Category leaders are just shitting on them due to better units in making teams.

I'm pretty sure they didn't do that because they intend on making VB and Rose dokkan.

Top Bottom