• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

The problem with this game and this OT title is that they're almost too good.

Edit: celebratory top of page/new OT pic. I am so desperately ready for whatever DLC they do.

33121429482_9e130281bd_o_d.png

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Level 44, done all tallnecks, cauldrons and collectibles (vistas, vessels and figures), scanned all robodinos. Now I just need to finish the remaining side missions before I go on with the main story. I'm at the
Deep Secrets of the Earth
mission, I assume the game is drawing to a close by now?

Level 44, done all tallnecks, cauldrons and collectibles (vistas, vessels and figures), scanned all robodinos. Now I just need to finish the remaining side missions before I go on with the main story. I'm at the
Deep Secrets of the Earth
mission, I assume the game is drawing to a close by now?

Kinda sorta.
It's that mission onward that really begins a very intense forward momentum swing. I couldn't really stop myself from playing from that point to the end. It's still a few hours of main stuff left though.

Neat little detail #143: When you fit a coil on a weapon and go to the next one the UI will automatically select the best one of the same type and not the top one in the list.
A tiny change that is a relief to see implemented as it shows GG understand how their game is played.

Kvik

So last night I completed all 12 vantage points. I purposely avoided listening/reading the data until the set is completed (apart from the first two Audio files -- when I knew the payoff is going to be good.)

giphy.gif

I won't spoiled it, but the writing is a masterwork in rewarding collectibles. Certainly worth more than Nintendo's approach. :p

Sethista

Just finished the game.

I loved all of it, and for me is telling that the main criticism of the game is the human AI, which is pretty much like any other human AI out there, meaning the worst thng this game has is the thing it innovated the least. Everything else is an improvement on ideas we saw in other games.

The story is incredible, and the way it sets up enough gaps in the lore for us to dream about the sequel was masterful. No to be continued, just good writing that finishes a story and sets up enough for the next. It feels like the end of a season of a good tv series.

My best experience with the combat was taking down my second rockbreaker. It is arguably more powerful than the thunderjaw, and in the beginning it was owning me. Then I regrouped, and proceded to take out its arms with tearblaster arrowns, then I keep damaging the arms until it started to limp.

It was incredible to see such a powerful machine brought to almost nothing, unable to dig itself or walk properly, and I could finish it off as I pleased. Great battle progression!

I took many screenshots of the game, but I consider this one to be the best one I took:

HorizonZeroDawn_20170326010127.jpg

zulux21

DLC when?

Tick/Tock GG!

Amazing title for thread

I would expect it to be announced at e3.

and I wouldn't be surprised if it was stand alone like the infamous one was.

there is a storyline in the game that could easily be expanded greatly via a story DLC that could easily make for a 10-20 hour stand alone story.

minor spoiler given I am not giving any details about it
Rost's past

AtkO

54% completion and 57 hours in. I just love this game!

I went north,
to an area I wasn't supposed to go to, I think it's related to the very end of the game (the huge gaping hole in the moutain). Aloy kept saying she stumbled upon something that she shouldn't be messing with, then a random cinematic triggered and I had to face a Stormbird within a Hailstorm, it was fkn intense and much appreciated. Then I left but very much satisfied, I know I'll come back there and probably meet the Stormbird a second time.

54% completion and 57 hours in. I just love this game!

I went north,
to an area I wasn't supposed to go to, I think it's related to the very end of the game (the huge gaping hole in the moutain). Aloy kept saying she stumbled upon something that he shouldn't be messing with, then a random cinematic triggered and I had to face a Stormbird within a Hailstorm, it was fkn intense and much appreciated. Then I left but very much satisfied, I know I'll come back there and probably meet the Stormbird a second time.

Organically discovering that area is one of my favorite moments in the game. That huge hole in the mountain is awe-inspiring with the way everything is lit. I tried everything to work my way up, but then I figured it was likely a story area that was still inaccessible.

I finally left Nora hunting grounds and there are flying enemies that can't be hit by arrows - do I need to hit some quest to hunt them ?

I would expect it to be announced at e3.

and I wouldn't be surprised if it was stand alone like the infamous one was.

there is a storyline in the game that could easily be expanded greatly via a story DLC that could easily make for a 10-20 hour stand alone story.

minor spoiler given I am not giving any details about it
Rost's past

Tbh, I'd prefer see the events of Avad claiming the throne from the Mad King.

AtkO

Organically discovering that area is one of my favorite moments in the game. That huge hole in the mountain is awe-inspiring with the way everything is lit. I tried everything to work my way up, but then I figured it was likely a story area that was still inaccessible.

Dude, it's one of my favorite moments in the history of my time in the gaming world. It just felt so good, I had no intentions of doing a mission, no real purpose in mind, I had no plans other than getting to the end of area, just... just to do it. It was such a compelling experience that you perfectly described as "organically discovering" the area.

Guerilla Games, please use what you learned with Horizon to make the best Killzone game yet, even better than KZ2, in the coming years (but first, Horizon 2 plox, wink wink)

KuroNeeko

I just started playing this game and am just before the
Proving

I'm not going to hang around in here and get spoiled, but I just wanted to say that I am GLAD ME:A was sold out and I bought this instead. It feels like...such a breath of fresh air and reminded me just how good a game can be at fully immersing you in a new, or not-so-new, world.

I can't wait to play more.

TheVBkid

Banned
Bought a ps4 pro for this game and holy balls was i not dissapointed, first thing to actually be able to take advantage of my 4k oled and it is just incredible.

Playing this on the vivid preset almost gives the illusion of it being 60 fps. Easily best looking game i have ever played.

Ellite25

One thing I think is really neat in regards to collectibles is
how the things you find, coffee mugs, watches , etc. are normal every day things for us but for them they're ancient relics. I had a conversation with a dude in Meridian where he was talking about the coffee mugs and what they would have been used for, theorizing that they were used for some sort of ancient ritual of shaving beards lol that stuff is really neat. I'm curious to see how else this plays out in regards to how they view or learn about the ancient ones (us) as I continue through the game.

Exquisik

OT2! Love the title! And great OT Zackat and Shinobi!

I really need to get some time to finish this game. I'm 38 hours in, level 42 and only got about 46% done. Impressive ride so far.

zulux21

I just started playing this game and am just before the
Proving

I'm not going to hang around in here and get spoiled, but I just wanted to say that I am GLAD ME:A was sold out and I bought this instead. It feels like...such a breath of fresh air and reminded me just how good a game can be at fully immersing you in a new, or not-so-new, world.

I can't wait to play more.

hopefully you stick around long enough for this message.

the Proving
is where the game starts to take off.

if you are already really enjoying it by then you are going to adore the rest of the ride.

vivekTO

Great OT and Title.The thing is by the time i will get my hands on this game, it will be at OT3. The wait Sucks.

Freeman76

I gave up around halfway as Ive seen most of the game mechanics before a thousand times and got bored but that OT title is genius! 10/10

Rost would be an easier sell to most I think.

that being said... why not both, and then also a more in depth story dlc about the past fighting the robots :p
You have to wonder though, if it's going to be about Rost hunting those killers, how are they going to create those places?

prophecy0

This game has been my addiction as of late. I just hit level 26 and am just now getting
to the Carja lands. I saved at the border fort and am calling it a night.
I've completed all available side content up to this point, except for some collectibles in the extreme north as that area seems like it will need to be visited later anyway.

zulux21

You have to wonder though, if it's going to be about Rost hunting those killers, how are they going to create those places?

with lots of love.

it's why I said I would assume it would be a stand alone DLC like infamous.

we also don't know exactly where he went.

I mean the forbidden west can easily just be the west part of the map we already have :p as it was indeed forbidden to go there, and to the west of your start.

Putty

Winner winner chicken dinner with that thread title!

Can't wait to jump back in when the DLC lands...GOTG...

with lots of love.

I mean the forbidden west can easily just be the west part of the map we already have :p as it was indeed forbidden to go there, and to the west of your start.

I don't think so because
Teersa mentions Ban-Ur, Oseram lands and others and then she says "even beyond into the Forbidden West" we don't know those lands therefore we don't know the Forbidden West.

bombshell

I don't think the expansion is going to be
Rost
, mainly because we already know all the main backstory beats from the matriarch, so there wouldn't be much payout.

with lots of love.

No to your spoiler since
the Forbidden West is also referenced in the western areas we already have.

MCD250

I finished it earlier today. I thought it was a beautiful, enthralling game, and I fully believe it stands alongside The Witcher III as one of the games that have successfully married ceaftsmanship, story and presentation to provide an extraordinary example of the genre. These really stand as some of the medium's great recent triumphs.

I started playing Mass Effect: Andromeda right after finishing Horizon, and while I'm definitely enjoying it, it really does feel like The Witcher has raised the bar perceivably for massive, story-heavy RPGs, and now Horizon has further cemented it in place. Hopefully, the rest of the industry can measure up.

zulux21

I don't think so because
Teersa mentions Ban-Ur, Oseram lands and others and then she says "even beyond into the Forbidden West" we don't know those lands therefore we don't know the Forbidden West.

fair enough. it's been a while since I have seen that scene, and haven't put a ton of thought into it. just feel that it is a logical thing to do DLC with as obviously any real continuation of the story would be saved for the sequel.

fair enough. it's been a while since I have seen that scene, and haven't put a ton of thought into it. just feel that it is a logical thing to do DLC with as obviously any real continuation of the story would be saved for the sequel.
You know from the description of it, the Forbidden West sounds like California

zulux21

You know from the description of it, the Forbidden West sounds like California

it's quite likely, given the theories I have seen, but I hope they are wrong as...

Calfornia has been done to death in media in general, I would rather have some place that is rarely tapped like colorado was for this game. so here's hoping for Oregon :p

Rien

Jelly Belly
Nearly 55 hrs in and slowly crawling towards the end. The most fun i ever had in an open world game.

Fliesen

After having finished Zelda after 100 hours played i'm back to Horizon. I must say - apart from 20 minutes of getting used to the controls again (sprint button, jump button, sneak button, etc.) i'm back to enjoying it throroughly.

... I'm pretty early-on in the story, still. Just did that "Nora revenge" on the east border of the map, but also went to the "Daytower" already.

I'm still using my original bow (or maybe the digital deluxe edition) bow and i feel somewhat underpowered - especially with regards to those fire breathing big beasts. Hell, it takes me 3 shots to down a boar.

Am i gonna get a better bow through story progress soon? Or does the game expect me to buy a new one?

Top Bottom