• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

I pulled a sigurd and he's really ridiculous. -hp +def and I feel like he's invincible. Now gaf, I've been reading other forums and what people think are his best set of skills, but I need advice! I've been holding onto an extra Hector for a loooong while just in case there was a great mage buster unit and I think we got one with Sigurd. Should I slap distant counter on him? His close def A skill is outstanding and makes him an uber tank. But distant counter man..... what to do.

Shinypogs

I'd like some seasonal units that aren't already in the game like with bridal Charlotte.

Speaking of Charlotte when she shows up proper she really needs a unique skill or special that does extra dmg to female units.

Kenai

Would be weird considering we already know she's in the Christmas banner. Though Spring and Summer Xander happened, so who knows.

The different Xanders are the main reason I have any hope at all. Tharja *is* quite popular after all (though she's regulated to DLC in Warriors I guess? ~_~). I'm also a bit sad she's probably a colorless unit going by the art, strong chance of her being meh that way.

I am hoping that the Halloween units are cool either way, it's my fav holiday and I'd like to keep up my tradition of getting a unit from each limited banner.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The different Xanders are the main reason I have any hope at all. Tharja *is* quite popular after all (though she's regulated to DLC in Warriors I guess? ~_~). I'm also a bit sad she's probably a colorless unit going by the art, strong chance of her being meh that way.

I am hoping that the Halloween units are cool either way, it's my fav holiday and I'd like to keep up my tradition of getting a unit from each limited banner.
The main reason you shouldn't have hope is Halloween and Christmas are back-to-back seasonals.

Draxal

I pulled a sigurd and he's really ridiculous. -hp +def and I feel like he's invincible. Now gaf, I've been reading other forums and what people think are his best set of skills, but I need advice! I've been holding onto an extra Hector for a loooong while just in case there was a great mage buster unit and I think we got one with Sigurd. Should I slap distant counter on him? His close def A skill is outstanding and makes him an uber tank. But distant counter man..... what to do.

I did it and he's great but at the same time I'm a huge Sigurd stan.

There are people will say that it doesn't work with his b, but the B does work for most Reinhardts (I don't see any of them going swordbreaker as lancebreaker is still more important) and Lyns (due to Sacaen Blessing or Firesweep). Those are the two ranged that you need to be worried about this in meta, you can work around most others easily.

However, I would say make sure that you really want to give up that DC because it is very rare and the way power creep is going with this game you never now.

I did it and he's great but at the same time I'm a huge Sigurd stan.

There are people will say that it doesn't work with his b, but the B does work for most Reinhardts (I don't see any of them going swordbreaker as lancebreaker is still more important) and Lyns (due to Sacaen Blessing or Firesweep). Those are the two ranged that you need to be worried about this in meta, you can work around most others easily.

However, I would say make sure that you really want to give up that DC because it is very rare and the way power creep is going with this game you never now.

lol I can tell from your avi. I'm very tempted because I know he'll be strong with it, but I am holding out for now.

Kenai

The main reason you shouldn't have hope is Halloween and Christmas are back-to-back seasonals.

If they plan it out as early as they do (and those Christmas arts were datamined EARLY) there's still a possibility. I won't expect Tharja but with Xander's curve ball they don't seem to be super interested in playing by particular rules outside of popularity/seasonal themes.

Lelou

If they plan it out as early as they do (and those Christmas arts were datamined EARLY) there's still a possibility. I won't expect Tharja but with Xander's curve ball they don't seem to be super interested in playing by particular rules outside of popularity/seasonal themes.

They didn't plan it at first.
Just the game was expected to be released on dicember.
But after they choose different for a matter of schedule (mario run releasing too much near)

Shouta

Took all 120 orbs I saved but I got Sigurd Dierdre, and Tailtiu. Also got a 5 star Tama on the same pull as both dier and tai

My Sigurd seems to be 18/10/8/6/7? All the roles seem within his base other than his res which seems to higher than normal?

I always hate figuring this out

Shito

Took all 120 orbs I saved but I got Sigurd Dierdre, and Tailtiu. Also got a 5 star Tama on the same pull as both dier and tai

My Sigurd seems to be 18/10/8/6/7? All the roles seem within his base other than his res which seems to higher than normal?

His weapon adds 3 res, so yours is +atk / -hp ;)

Sciel

Sigurd's neutral stats are 19/9/8/6/7 (+3 bonus from Divine Tyrfing)

So you have +Atk/-hp.

Shinypogs

Got Sharena to 4* so she's not completely dead weight this arena season. Bless the warriors maps. Will do some basic SI for special and call it a day.

Cerium

Got Sharena to 4* so she's not completely dead weight this arena season. Bless the warriors maps. Will do some basic SI for special and call it a day.

It's a good idea to 5* the whole starter trio for emergency Arena bonuses.

Fortunately this week I'm running this as my bonus:

Am2vePW.png

I am fighting my way through the 696-704 range, and it is very tough. Got my perfect streak after several Dueling Crests. I settled for 4880 just to get it over with, which is still overkill for tier 19. It's my best score by far, and I can survive this meta for quite a while. I always take tier 20 weeks off, but I might be taking more weeks off because this is exhausting.

I fought Sigurd a couple of times, but he actually wasn't scary with his standard kit. I really want to thank IS for introducing the Deflect Magic seal. Even at just level 1, that piece of trash Reinhardt no longer ORKOs my Nino. I'll get this upgraded when I got more Coins.

Shinypogs

It's a good idea to 5* the whole starter trio for emergency Arena bonuses.

Fortunately this week I'm running this as my bonus:

Am2vePW.png
I'll get there eventually since I do wanna aim for tier 20 eventually and will need reliable bonus units but there are other projects I wanna work on first. As it is 4 * sharena should give me more points than Inigo did the last two weeks so as long as I aim for my max score and go deathless I should stay in 19.

That is a nice Cecilia ^-^

Edit: lol 5 am can't get names straight.

Wish Deirdra packed a bigger punch. She has the same speed as my Julia so unless her tome comes into play she's worse. Speed ploy is nice but it doesn't quite work to her benefit with her middling speed.

Acerac

Banned
Broke my 4.75% pity rate on a -att Effie. I had intended to build one anyways, I suppose I might as well level this one then feed it to any +att one I end up coming across and promoting. That said, death blow is tempting, I would certainly love to feed that to my Frederick, he is an all-star when it comes to PvE content but I can never justify spending the feathers on a unit that doesn't see arena play.

To reward a consistently useful unit, or to save for what would be a +3 Effie if I used all that I had atm... decisions decisions.

I just found out that Arvis has Renewal every turn. What the hell? Dude can run fury for free and those debuffs look delicious. He's like an evil Brave Lucina

NSESN

Once I get enough SP and Brave Sword fodder I am thinking of building a brave sword Sigurd. He has the same attack as Frederick but with better speed so he can reliably quad with hotse buffs.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So I got a third Julia who was +res/-hp, so I just merged her with my other 2 -Atk/-spd Julia's so I can finally build her. Also pulled a +HP-DEF Sigurd, so he's also +1d with his -ATK version.

OVDRobo

Arvis really reminds me of a less 'anime' Zetta.

Might actually make him my main Red Mage for a while until Katarina goes on banner again despite not knowing much about him outside of the broad plot strokes. I haven't bothered pulling on this banner since I'm still spent from getting Minerva but it's obvious someone on the dev team is a fan of the post-marth, pre-GBA era of Fire Emblem.

Being stuck with Sharena as my only bonus unit this season is painful since I never bothered to build her but I'm not aiming for the stars. Just sticking to my current rank and getting my weekly feathers is enough.

ggx2ac

Augh, Sigurd makes Arena Assault even worse.

Not really, he's very easy to take out with a lance unit using sword breaker. (Plus Mathilda is another easy counter to use.)

What's annoying is running into cavalry mage arena assault teams because of Leo. Note: This refers to level 40+10 Leo where it's very hard to counter him with a level 40 blue mage. He is very annoying because of his HP and high defense and Res when he gets cavalry buffs. (I forget to mention he uses Raorblade.)

Sushen

Sigurd get! Blew all my orbs to get him; screw whatever banner coming after this, haha. Spd+/res-, horse team #3, here I come!

Broke 4900 for the first time. Got 4920 with Sigurd, BK +1, Effie +2 and gale force, and Hector. Surprisingly Sigurd did very little outside of repositioning armored units, which is great to throw brave Lance Effie to the front and wreck shop.

I have been using Effie more over the last month in Arena and she is awesome. gale force procs quite often as well.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm still unsure of how to use armored units. Every time I field one, I just feel awkward in positioning. I think I'm not used to working around 1 movement.

Very happy to see Cecilia as the bonus unit. All those 3-4* Cecilias I pulled are not for nothing!

StAidan

Well, it looks like Young Tiki is my best bet for arena this season. Mine had no SI whatsoever until this morning, but she's merged +1 and has an ideal IV, so I outfitted her with Reposition, Bonfire, and Fury so far. I don't have a great B skill to give her right now, but need to dump something into that slot to get my BST up. Maybe Renewal would be OK in the interim.

I'm still unsure of how to use armored units. Every time I field one, I just feel awkward in positioning. I think I'm not used to working around 1 movement.

Very happy to see Cecilia as the bonus unit. All those 3-4* Cecilias I pulled are not for nothing!
I'm just ignoring armored unless I ever land an Amelia

Firemind

I give them all Swap. With Swap, you can choose the best matchups to engage and defend. I use armour emblem first in AA for the high point score and usually it doesn't give me problems.

Still haven't 5* Zephiel but that's more because Eckesachs blows. I wonder if it's a good idea to give him Zanbato...

Well, it looks like Young Tiki is my best bet for arena this season. Mine had no SI whatsoever until this morning, but she's merged +1 and has an ideal IV, so I outfitted her with Reposition, Bonfire, and Fury so far. I don't have a great B skill to give her right now, but need to dump something into that slot to get my BST up. Maybe Renewal would be OK in the interim.

I am going to experiment with Bowbreaker 3 since I have some spare Setsunas.

I ran Quick Riposte 2 previously and it was pretty great, but I need more ways to deal with Brave Lyn.

Only annoying thing is when I forget she doesn't have QR2 and can't ORKO some foes like she used to.

StAidan

I am going to experiment with Bowbreaker 3 since I have some spare Setsunas.

I ran Quick Riposte 2 previously and it was pretty great, but I need more ways to deal with Brave Lyn.

Only annoying thing is when I forget she doesn't have QR2 and can't ORKO some foes like she used to.

Not a bad idea. I'd consider Bowbreaker except my Arena team already includes Fem Robin with Bowbreaker.

QR would be great, but it's been so long since I've pulled a Subaki. :( I used to pull so many of them that I've probably sent a dozen home since launch...

Mupod

Heh, I sent autobattle Sigurd into Camilla 35 with a Clarine attached to him and he clears the whole thing. I don't think he even needs Clarine to solo it.

Akuun

What's a typical cutoff for staying in T20 these days? I think I might have a legit shot at staying this week because one of my strongest units is a bonus character.

StAidan

What's a typical cutoff for staying in T20 these days? I think I might have a legit shot at staying this week because one of my strongest units is a bonus character.

I was close to the bottom of T20 last week at 4,928, if that helps. Don't know the exact rank because I forgot to check it before the season rolled over.

Akuun

I was close to the bottom of T20 last week at 4,928, if that helps. Don't know the exact rank because I forgot to check it before the season rolled over.
Oh boy. That's quite a lot higher than I was hoping lol.

I might not make it, but I'll try.

Not a bad idea. I'd consider Bowbreaker except my Arena team already includes Fem Robin with Bowbreaker.

QR would be great, but it's been so long since I've pulled a Subaki. :( I used to pull so many of them that I've probably sent a dozen home since launch...

Nice, she can probably take care of Reinhardt and Lyn huh? I kinda want a Gronnraven (or any -raven) user too, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I know the feeling. I hated getting Subaki, but the moment I run out... Poor Lukas and -Spd Brave Ike are twiddling their thumbs waiting to get good.

Weebos

Banned
I've been trying to build a larger roster of Brave Lyn counters, since she is usually my biggest obstacle in Arena Assault.

I regret sending home 10+ Setsunas.

StAidan

Nice, she can probably take care of Reinhardt and Lyn huh? I kinda want a Gronnraven (or any -raven) user too, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Yeah, she's ridiculously good. I can basically charge into nearly any Rein/Lyn battle with no fear, even if they are merged to high heaven. Bait them both simultaneously, and if one of them even survives, they usually get danced and suicide against me on the second attack.

Only thing to watch out for is Lyn with Cancel Affinity, but those have been quite rare in my experience.

Top Bottom