• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon 2 announced, releasing August 31 in Japan

Intel_89

Great news, the first one was great and had an amazing soundtrack. Hopefully this'll lead to EOU3 being announced.

I would get excited over this but considering how EOV hasn't made it over to the west yet I'm going to hold my excitement in for now.

Jacobson

I still haven't finished EOU1, EOU2, and Etrian Mystery Dungeon 1. No localization announcement so far for EOV and this, looks like I have time to finish my backlog.

18-Volt

7th Etrian game for 3DS. This is why I call 3DS "Etrian Harvest Hunter" machine.

Wonder if it'll get a lightning fast localization like the first one.

ggx2ac

I never finished the first game, part of the reason was how stupid it was that the Sovereign was broken that its​ buff would permanently raise the attack stat that they never fixed that bug.

The other was how stupid the party AI was, I can't remember the exact circumstance, I think it was that the party AI was really stupid when I needed their help but they did nothing if they were stuck in a corridor. They could only act when they could get into a room.

LewieP

I wonder how long there will still be Japanese games coming out on 3DS. I guess the install base is pretty huge.

RpgN

I'm around halfway through the first game. Having a sequel is welcome. There is room for improvements and refinements.

I'm starting to get worried about EOV though...are we still getting it?

i haven't finished the first MD. i think i stopped halfway. the maps were so easy until you ran into bosses. you had to exploit their weakness with debuffs or something like that. it was weird. maybe i'll go back to it, maybe not. looks like gaf doesn't even care, lol.

i haven't finished the first MD. i think i stopped halfway. the maps were so easy until you ran into bosses. you had to exploit their weakness with debuffs or something like that. it was weird. maybe i'll go back to it, maybe not. looks like gaf doesn't even care, lol.
The maps get a lot more challenging in the later dungeons. At the beginning it's pretty easy to get to the bosses but once you get 2/3rds through the game the dungeons themselves become pretty challenging.

The maps get a lot more challenging in the later dungeons. At the beginning it's pretty easy to get to the bosses but once you get 2/3rds through the game the dungeons themselves become pretty challenging.

i see. the soundtrack was good at least. the callbacks to old EO were good as well.

Top Bottom