• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

I'm glad you're still enjoying it but I just don't think i can go back and watch the Jon era anymore, even back in the day some of his comments rubbed me the wrong way, and then there was the flat out racial slurs he dropped a few times - maybe down the road when this isn't all so fresh i'll go back.

Spman2099

I'm going through the shadow of the colossus and it has definitely helped me in liking Danny more. Maybe he's not as hilarious as Jon used to be for me, but he has definitely grown on me more and more. Will keep watching.

really glad you liked my suggestion! There's so much more to see here! Game grumps is the only let's play i watch, always love their crazy improv

This video comes across as pretty petulant to me... Video game fans are so incredibly defensive sometimes.

Pretty sure most of this petulance stems from Arin's zelda sequelitis video, as Arin criticized the game heavily in some aspects and then proceeded to make a playthrough where he either contradicted most of his arguments or revealed they were due to his general ineptitude at the game.

Anyway, this passive-aggressiveness is why I love the video. Plus when it takes you ten minutes to figure out that you did acquire bombs and they are in fact in your inventory, you can't blame the fans for being defensive.

Oh, I also wanna recommend the various Katamari Damacy series they've done. They're not necessarily insanely funny, but there are some great moments and funny stories across those games.

Elija2

The Devil's Third and Mad Dog McCree series' are also really good, although they're pretty short because they never finished the games.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This video comes across as pretty petulant to me... Video game fans are so incredibly defensive sometimes.

I dont think you understand, Arin almost completely contradicted his zelda sequelitis video, it was already looking sketchy when he was playing like windwaker(which is a fantastic LP overall) but then when he actually did play OoT and also tried to defend his video somewhat....it just made it so much worse, he tried to say skyward sword was garbage for its handholding, but he really justifies why zelda got to that point in the first place.

Did their game glitch out or something!? WHERE'S THE DAMN BLOOD MOON!?

Seems like blood moons are glitchy. I've heard of people having blood moons every single night, without fail.
I dont think you understand, Arin almost completely contradicted his zelda sequelitis video, it was already looking sketchy when he was playing like windwaker(which is a fantastic LP overall) but then when he actually did play OoT and also tried to defend his video somewhat....it just made it so much worse, he tried to say skyward sword was garbage for its handholding, but he really justifies why zelda got to that point in the first place.

Although he later said that he wished he never made the Zelda Sequelitis, I do think he made a lot of damn good points, and also helped me figure out some of the reasons why I don't like OoT.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Goof Troop Episode 6: "You did it. Good going you dirty.... no race. You dirty neutral."

Nice save, Jon.

Imagine a world where Jon had stayed on GameGrumps, Danny had remained exclusively Steam Train, then this whole thing happened. Guess it worked out much better.

Also, I'm really liking how they're handling the middle slot. An occasional GrumpCade episode, sometimes something different like Doodle Doods, and some days nothing instead of boring pointless filler. I'm happy and content right now.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Seems like blood moons are glitchy. I've heard of people having blood moons every single night, without fail.

Although he later said that he wished he never made the Zelda Sequelitis, I do think he made a lot of damn good points, and also helped me figure out some of the reasons why I don't like OoT.

Sure, I think his points werent completely negligible and was valid, but I think he brought it up to its extremes, and he wasent considering the time period of the game itself for its mechanics that were perfected and refined til now.

RagnarokX

Sure, I think his points werent completely negligible and was valid, but I think he brought it up to its extremes, and he wasent considering the time period of the game itself for its mechanics that were perfected and refined til now.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119324417&postcount=806

I made this point by point counter argument back when it came out. It was a very bad argument where instead of trying to analyze something objectively he was trying to prove a long-standing belief he had.

any good Game Grumps Vs? Watched Dokapon Kingdom and it was fun. I realize I rarely see people play games against each other, and the last time was Giant Bomb's Mario Party run.

TheOGB

Banned

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b08LY4J5Eiw

It's like an experiment I'd always wished I was even remotely popular or creative to do myself. I wish I'd seen the number when it was posted.

"What's your favorite Minecraft channel? Who's your favorite crafter?"

Have they given up on GrumpOut? Because it makes so much sense to just throw that stuff on the main channel occasionally instead of a channel that most people don't know about.

The_Lump

Banned
Blood moons seem to be directly tied to how many monsters you're killing. I wasn't getting any trying to do a shrine until I went around killing a bunch of Bokoblins

I don't mind the blood moon, but I do mind having to skip the damn cutscene everytime.

The rest of the game is so hands off in terms of direction, and then this cutscene just rams itself into your face every time. Actually breaks the immersion for me a little bit.

Hahaha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b08LY4J5Eiw

It's like an experiment I'd always wished I was even remotely popular or creative to do myself. I wish I'd seen the number when it was posted.

"What's your favorite Minecraft channel? Who's your favorite crafter?"

Have they given up on GrumpOut? Because it makes so much sense to just throw that stuff on the main channel occasionally instead of a channel that most people don't know about.

I feel Grump Out was a test but it just wasn't smart to separate their base? I don't know.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I feel Grump Out was a test but it just wasn't smart to separate their base? I don't know.
Yeah. This is better. Instead of just putting out shit to fill the space, only put something out when you have something to put out. Whether it's an episode with a bunch of friends or something silly like this.

I was reading some reddit comments and youtube comments, and man the fanbase is divided. Some can't stand Arin anymore because he is doing fake outrages and seems to disregard Danny, and others dislike Danny because apparently he is holding back Arin's comedy because Danny doesn't want to offend people.

I can relate to Danny. I hate it when my friends start saying offensive shit in public. I don't want to deal with that shit.

Gsnap

I was reading some reddit comments and youtube comments, and man the fanbase is divided. Some can't stand Arin anymore because he is doing fake outrages and seems to disregard Danny, and others dislike Danny because apparently he is holding back Arin's comedy because Danny doesn't want to offend people.

I can relate to Danny. I hate it when my friends start saying offensive shit in public. I don't want to deal with that shit.

Man, I'm definitely on the side that's getting tired of Arin. He's ruining new playthroughs. Not just because of his bad "no game should ever tell me what to do ever, or have any text for me to read at all" attitude that he thinks is both funny and justified (it's not). It's also the fact that he plays ahead and ruins a big reason why people would even watch the show in the first place. Him playing ahead in Zelda is one of the worst things he could do. Him knowing exactly what to to do and exactly who every character is at all times ruins the fun and the purpose of watching them play through the game for the first time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was excited to see their first interaction with the Yiga clan, but nope! He doesn't have any surprise, and basically makes it impossible for Danny to have any, which ruins the moment and brings the whole show down. The show isn't just about listening to Arin recycle jokes.

The least he could do if he's going to play ahead is not explain to Danny every single thing he's going to do, where every character is, how every quest plays out before they finish it. At least then we could get something out of the series. But even then I don't think he should be playing ahead at all. This is his job. And sometimes you've gotta make sacrifices for your job. I understand that he might like the game and want to play it more in his off time, but really, he just shouldn't. His job is to play video games for an audience, so he needs to start taking that job more seriously like they (seemed to) back in the day. I understand that they're also supposed to be funny, but even comedians need to take the more routine bits of their job seriously like showing up on time, etc. Arin needs to respect his audience and not ruin the show for them because of his own personal desire to play ahead.

Top Bottom