• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void |OT| My Life For Aiur

eRonin

So I'm watching the Flash vs Jaedong LotV event match and why was this EPIC fucking match casted by two terrible, TERRIBLE casters?

It's a legendary match between legendary players and these trash got to cast? Why?

Unfortunately all the good casters were at Blizzcon, so I guess they just pulled whomever was available and could speak English/has some knowledge of the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nice OT. Protoss campaign will be a blast. By far the most interesting race.

Also, why is there always a //: in front of StarCraft 2 threads?

Honestly? No idea, ask ZealousD because he did it for the first OT and I just continued the style for all the other OTs and tournament threads I've made for sc2. I like how it's different.

My guess it was easier to identify the OT back then because that's when OTs were on the main page lol.

It was a stylistic choice. If you look at the original OT for WoL all the banners include it. It was basically a concept for the start of a command line. For the OT I went with a theme of a computer relying information about Starcraft II as if it were a Terran Commander training program, kind of a role-play I guess? Kind of dorky but the //: was interesting enough that Corran kept it around. I might be the originator but Corran is the one that propogated it everywhere, lol

Ecto311

Shit I forgot this was coming out. I was playing SC2 since the beta daily at least an hour. Might have to get back into this because it was a ton of fun. Haven't fired up battle.net once this year but watched some WCS matches. Just not amped for a protoss focused game since they are so boring to me. Hope zerg can hold its own this time. /Idra

mr stroke

Been outta StarCraft for a while now, picking up the CE tomorrow. Its been a long time, dunno how much multi Ill play with HOTS and BattleFront next week, but will I am definitely playing just for the campaign alone(please be as good as Part 1)

LEGACY OF THE VOID ENDING SPOILERS
- Xel'Naga with gold eyes makes Kerrigan a glowing angel.
- Glowing angel causes Jim's mind eruption, forcing him to think of personal kiss.
- Glowing angel flies into some portal.
- Glowing angel kills Xel'Naga with red eyes
- Black screen.
- We are back to first post-intro cinematic of WoL, Raynor in bar, watching TV, missing old times.
- Then actual human Kerrigan returns, and Raynor gets up to greet her, leaving his badge on the table.
- Then... The End.

Oh my God. Are you kidding me, Blizzard? That is offensively bad. Can't believe I waited so long for THIS conclusion.

Woorloog

Banned
By the way, co-op missions are available to anyone (not sure about Starter Edition though).

And they're pretty neat concept.

Dragoons are cool!

Moonlight

Banned
- Glowing angel causes Jim's mind eruption, forcing him to think of personal kiss.
- Black screen.
- We are back to first post-intro cinematic of WoL, Raynor in bar, watching TV, missing old times.
- Then actual human Kerrigan returns, and Raynor gets up to greet her, leaving his badge on the table.
- Then... The End.

Oh my God. Are you kidding me, Blizzard? That is offensively bad. Can't believe I waited so long for THIS conclusion.
I always think Blizzard can never disappoint me when it comes to a story after every single thing they make.

But wow.

Tekniqs

I love it when my opponent calls 'gg' early cuz he thinks he has a huge advantage and is going to win...only to get demolished during the last engagement

- Black screen.
- Then... The End.

Woot?

Considering blizzard is recycling the same history all over again in all their games now, those spoilers are just too dumb to believe it

seph1roth

This game launches today and we don't have any review, any preview...we have nothing.

SC2 is not a low budget game, not even a mid range game, wtf is happening.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game launches today and we don't have any review, any preview...we have nothing.

SC2 is not a low budget game, not even a mid range game, wtf is happening.

The typical diminishing returns of an expansion pack - along with SC2 not being popular at all lately (for various reasons).

LiK

my CE arrived from BB. code redeemed, now i wait.

CTaQrLuWUAAd1Mp.jpg:large

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I recommend not taking the plastic of the CE btw.

This one's gonna be rare.

Tiamant

As expected, the campaign rocks so far (mission 5). Loving the different unit upgrades and tech tree ramifications. Also, Dragoons are back!

Gibbo

Isn't the game supposed to be released already? I've downloaded all necessary updates and i'm still on the HOS splash screen

FluxWaveZ

Still... avoiding the spoilers. But I will say this: anyone who didn't have unrealistic expectations or somehow liked the SCII story until this point knew—deep in their hearts—that this conclusion would be a mess.

I don't like going into a game expecting it to be that way, but there's really no reason for me to think otherwise. Hope the campaign's just as fun as the previous two. Looking forward to the opinions tomorrow.

Woorloog

Banned
If this end spoilers are true, that is literally the worst. Even worse than HotS and WoL.

Sometime ago, i said to my brother "Well, it can't be really any worse than WoL or HotS, with some luck it will be better actually".

Not sure how i will tell him i'm retracting that statement :D (that is, if the spoilers are as bad as they look).

There was no returning from the train wreck that was WoL and HotS story's. I'll have fun with the great mission design and try to ignore the ridiculousness as best as I can.

FoxSpirit

There was no returning from the train wreck that was WoL and HotS story's. I'll have fun with the great mission design and try to ignore the ridiculousness as best as I can.
A multimillion dollar company but can't get a team of competent writers to write a decent, generic story in the setting?
What happened to Warcraft III writing, that shit was great.

Woorloog

Banned
A multimillion dollar company but can't get a team of competent writers to write a decent, generic story in the setting?

Or original Starcraft+Brood War.

Sure, both games have some problems but man, overall they're probably among the best (or best told if not most original) video game stories.

Thankfully Blizzard's good with the gameplay side at least, still.

EDIT Speaking of gameplay, i thought i would hate the Protoss Adept.
But no, i really like the unit actually. The Shade power is really fun to use. It is like one-protoss two-pronged attacker. Really fun.
EDIT and the Purifier or Disruptor or whatever it is called is pretty neat as well.

Blizzard relies too much on Metzen. After voicing every character in WoW I think he started to become his characters.

Woorloog

Banned
WC3 had Didier, Pardo, and Metzen doing the story.

Recently, Blizzard games have pretty much only had Metzen.

Metzen? Not in case of Starcraft 2. James Waugh (or something like that) is the main writer of this new expansion (with Metzen providing major story beats apparently).

Polygon had an interesting article about SC2 writing... lemme find it.
Here: http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/6/9670176/starcraft-2-future-history-dlc-blizzard
Very interesting read.

Top Bottom