• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Official Site Update with new screens, artwork and more

ironcreed

Banned
If it wasn't for Sony putting it up too early, people wouldn't have to tread lightly to avoid spoilers for almost a month rather than a week. Yes, the blame should mostly be on the hackers, but Sony should of known better.

LOL, I guess so. Shame on them for trying to offer a great feature too early. It's pretty sad it has to be that way, but still, the culprits get all my blame because they are the reason why. Not Sony for trying to offer something convenient for people who bought digital, like myself. Oh well, what is done is done. *shrugs* I'm just looking forward to the game.

lefantome

big and awesome spoiler on locations:

North Yankton is a region in Canada and it seems that the sonora desert is in the map but is part of Mexico

It's not first hand information, so take it with salt.

Megasoum

Banned
It did, it`s already in many torrent/ps3 sites and soon it will be playable , like every other game that leaked.

Wrong... Torrenting the preload files is useless if you don't have the executable (which has not be released during the pre-load). It's not like hackers will magically build the executable out of nowhere to launch the game lol...

It's Rockstar's fault if they didn't encrypt their own files enough tho which lead to radio leaks and stuff like that.

bud23

It did, it`s already in many torrent/ps3 sites and soon it will be playable , like every other game that leaked.

No, it didn´t. Indeed, it will be playable soon, but not today, or tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow, it won´t happen with this pre load.

Undoubtedly in one or two weeks a physical copy will disappear from a Gamestop warehouse. And then we'll talk.

x3sphere

Wrong... Torrenting the preload files is useless if you don't have the executable (which has not be released during the pre-load). It's not like hackers will magically build the executable out of nowhere to launch the game lol...

It's Rockstar's fault if they didn't encrypt their own files enough.

It's Sony's fault. Rockstar (or any game devs) have no control over what is encrypted.

Sony is stupid to rely on the firmware encryption/decryption keys when the PS3 has been hacked wide open. They should be using keys specific to each game, sent on release date, like Steam.

abundant

LOL, I guess so. Shame on them for trying to offer a great feature too early. It's pretty sad it has to be that way, but still, the culprits get all my blame because they are the reason why. Not Sony for trying to offer something convenient for people who bought digital, like myself. Oh well, what is done is done. *shrugs* I'm just looking forward to the game.
It sucks but it is what it is. In this digital age we're in, if you don't want anything to leak, you have to be real careful on what and when you release stuff to the public.

Megasoum

Banned
It's Sony's fault. Rockstar (or any game devs) have no control over what is encrypted.

Sony is stupid to rely on the firmware encryption/decryption keys when the PS3 has been hacked wide open. They should be using keys specific to each game, sent on release date, like Steam.

Yes and no...

Sony could have encrypted the pre-load files themselves that's true... But pre-load or not, Rockstar could have encrypted their files (both disc and digital) and that wouldn't have happened.

Some devs decide to leave most of the raw files on the discs but others will use encrypted files that only the executable is able to access. Those tend to get cracked at some point too (mostly by modders post release) but it's not something that happens overnight.

Mistah

why are even discussion it ? the game has leaked but it's not playable. even the people who downloaded it from psn can't play it until the 17th.

Any word on returning characters from IV? I'm hoping that
Packie
shows up.

Story spoiler but not a big spoiler:

I know at least one character is mentioned on the radio. A fairly minor character that was only in TBoGT.

So my curiosity got the better of me and I listened to some of the audio, and read gta forums. Spoiler regarding returning character. DO NOT read if you don't want to be spoiled.
Johnny Klebitz is back... But let's just say he doesn't quite make a "heroic return"

Not sure how deep we're allowed to go into spoilers, so if a mod or Rockstar spy wants me to edit the post I will.

Dumb idea letting pre loads happen a month before launch.

It was asking for trouble. A week would have been more then reasonable.

By the way how big is the download anyway? Thinking I might go for the download version.

bud23

Rockstar said:
GTA V has officially gone gold.

dbE0wvv.png

RobRyanFuckYeahFuckFace.gif

Shit is gold! Time to start begging pr guys for a copy. Any1 know when these go out to the press?

Edit: I seem to remember this was a "sending journos to hotels and stuff" last time. So they might not actually send anything out before launch :(

Mistah

Shit is gold! Time to start begging pr guys for a copy. Any1 know when these go out to the press?

Edit: I seem to remember this was a "sending journos to hotels and stuff" last time. So they might not actually send anything out before launch :(

Probably not well I guess not with all the leaked stuff that happend yesterday.

UrbanRats

Gotta have those rushed 10/10 reviews.

Top Bottom