• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Best one today https://twitter.com/kagakuadv/status/847825907980959746
C8QVKSSUAAAEv-h.jpg:small

"BL version of my game series" is getting old as a joke, to be honest. Been done too many times.

zulux21

Just how many anime will it take for you to warm up to anime strike?

likely all of them.
I am not about to start spending $160 a year just because amazon got in the anime game and doesn't know how to price their anime at a reasonable price if you don't have prime.

I tend to prefer dubs anyways and this season proved I can get by just fine with watching dubs of low quality shows :p

that all being said... complaining about amazon stealing shows I want to a friend resulted in me finding out that he has amazon prime and would be up for splitting the cost of anime strike and I could just watch the crap with him lol. So I might do that as while it would suck to not be able to freely watch the shows, if amazon snags clockwork planet it will be worth $2.50 a month for me to watch it and Reset :p the only major issue with that is I only see him like every other week, thus bleh @_@

You're REALLY passionate about your sheer unbridled hatred for G Gundam, aren't you?

It's actually more of playful friendly teasing. :)

It's nowhere near to this degree. Every single time I mention G Gundam on Twitter he always reminds me about how much he hates it.

Come now. Not every time. I actually make sure I don't respond even 50% of the time. Here, I barely tease you about it.

zulux21

I would say that is down to the art and the terrible first episode.

yup that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

that being said Tanya is currently my anime of the season followed by demichan and then either blue exorcist or konosuba.

I have a few episodes of tanya and demi to finish to be sure as i am watching the dub though.

and horizon got in the way of blue exorcist's last few episodes so I need to sit down and watch that with my wife as well, but I like that series in general and the new season was fine from what i saw.

It's all about the lack of good character designs. It's also not that interesting.

it was more fun than the majority of the first season of my hero academia due to the super slow pacing of MHA :p

I actually missed this was the new season thread. This season mostly looks underwhelming, as it seems the most intereting anime are sequels to stuff I either didn't watch or don't care about.

Well, at least we can start bully KEY fans again, I suppose.
I kid.

It's only fair, I guess. Been teasing Nintendoman about G Gundam (apparently a little too much), so it's about time I got served mine...again.

Cornbread78

Hand Shakers on prominent anime enthusiast sites for worst of the season is offensive. Masamune are much less enjoyable and entertaining.

At least Masamune pissed me off, so I had to get somewhat vested in it.

While Hand Shakers didn't crash and burn hard like Masamune did, overall, Masamune was watchable and interesting until it went up in flames. Hand Shakers ended up being unremarkable throughout and hard to watch at times; it also ended it's final episode with a tease towards a second season nobody wants..... Both got crappy final scores from me in the end...

Oh and good luck with throwing Rakugo in there.. Incest aside, it's still a GAF darling, even if it's not mine, lol

Tanya sounds like she flew under the radar in most places this season.

Which is unfortunate as it's one of the better shows this last season.

I would say that is down to the art and the terrible first episode.

That's fair, I guess.

it's also tough to get by the whole "Evil loli leading an army" thought process....

Once you do get past that, one realizes that it was one of the best shows of this last season.

It's all about the lack of good character designs. It's also not that interesting.

This is a bad April Fools joke.

Ascheroth

At least Masamune pissed me off, so I had to get somewhat vested in it.

While Hand Shakers didn't crash and burn hard like Masamune did, overall, Masamune was watchable and interesting until it went up in flames. Hand Shakers ended up being unremarkable throughout and hard to watch at times; it also ended it's final episode with a tease towards a second season nobody wants..... Both got crappy final scores from me in the end...

Oh and good luck with throwing Rakugo in there.. Incest aside, it still a GAF darling, lol
It legit baffles me how you could even watch Hand Shakers.
My eyes started bleeding and my braincells dying not even 5 minutes into the first episode.

zulux21

Wow I thought you were kind of a cool guy...but not anymore.

:p

what.. MHA only had like 3 actual good episodes in the first season. the rest were just decent.

the second season should be a ton of fun though. even if the pacing is as bad as the first season the material is a lot better as from here on out deku is a fun character instead of kind of annoying like he is in the first half of the first season lol.

It legit baffles me how you could even watch Hand Shakers.
My eyes started bleeding and my braincells dying not even 5 minutes into the first episode.

I still have to watch episodes 2 and 3 sometime.
otherwise I won't be able to finish my goal of watching at least 3 episodes of every dubbed anime on funimation now lol.

zulux21

Guys why does Rage of Bahamut look so good? Its from a mobile game right?

because the company behind it didn't try to base the anime off the game, and in general just poured a ton of money into it because they don't know what else to do with the money.

plus the tiger and bunny director was involved in the first season.

i don't have high hopes for the second season though. have a feeling the ecchi scenes are going to be increased by like 500%.

Ascheroth

The second season covers the part where MHA went from 'this is cool and has a lot of potential' to 'yo, this shit is legit' for me.

Though I fully expect them to mess up the pacing again, so my expectations aren't high.
I'll gladly be proven wrong though.

Guys why does Rage of Bahamut look so good? Its from a mobile game right?
Mobile money is real.
It's the second season btw (though I don't know if it's a direct sequel? I know nothing about it).
The first season is Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, and is well worth of a watch.

zulux21

The second season covers the part where MHA went from 'this is cool and has a lot of potential' to 'yo, this shit is legit' for me.

Though I fully expect them to mess up the pacing again, so my expectations aren't high.
I'll gladly be proven wrong though.

even if the pacing gets screwed up a bit it should still be really fun.

off pacing during a tournament arc isn't nearly as bad as off pacing during character introductions.

Oh man I'm so ready for MHA s2! I can't stop watching all the trailers!

Saturdays on Crunchyroll will just be a mess though. MHA in the morning, AoT 5 hours later and then DBZ to put the final nail in the coffin. CR won't survive.

Hopefully this mean Funimation's will run smoothly tho. Gotta watch that dub.

Chase17

Saturdays on Crunchyroll will just be a mess though. MHA in the morning, AoT 5 hours later and then DBZ to put the final nail in the coffin. CR won't survive.

Do you know what time MHA goes up on CR?

They haven't updated their calendar yet.

zulux21

good thing the superior version will be up at funimation on sats as well (at least for the first 6 weeks)

as
Christopher sabat's all might >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kenta Miyake.

and most of the other voices are on par with the japanese as well (or also better as I find frog girl annoying in japanese >.>), but even if they weren't sabat's all might just wins lol.

you could also watch stuff on VRV instead if you are worried about crunchy as it should get it at the same time as well.

Do you know what time MHA goes up on CR?

They haven't updated their calendar yet.
I assume at 4h30 AM EST +maybe an hour? It airs at 5:30 pm in Japan.

But since Funimation probaly already has all the material for the first 6 episodes, 4:30 AM EST is a safe bet.
good thing the superior version will be up at funimation on sats as well (at least for the first 6 weeks)

as
Christopher sabat's all might >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kenta Miyake.

and most of the other voices are on par with the japanese as well (or also better as I find frog girl annoying in japanese >.>), but even if they weren't sabat's all might just wins lol.

Sabat is the best! His All Might is sooooooooooooooo on point!

Also I am watching the DUB and will only switch if I have no choice.

zulux21

Maria the Virgin Witch
So despite the amount of nudity in the series I would never say that the ecchiness ever became a real focus. Overall it wasn't an amazing story, but it was decently well put together. At the very least it was more enjoyable than most of the shows from this season. The comedy was alright, and the characters were alright.

basically, Alright sums up the show nicely. nothing really great about it, but nothing bad either. a decent little series for someone to watch when they just want to watch something lol.

Narag

Miles was recommending people watch stuff on VRV on Saturdays to lighten the load.

Line_HTX

Really stupid how Japan goes about April Fool's day. There's important shit premiering tomorrow and a new season. Can't take anything today at face value and news gets missed.

zulux21

Miles was recommending people watch stuff on VRV on Saturdays to lighten the load.

yup I imagine they will eventually just make crunchy completely part of VRV. but I think they at least set up account linking between the two... if not I know they were getting close.

Very early then. Thanks!

yeah... funimation has to have the first 6 eps already since they guranteed the dub for the first 6 weeks.

I imagine they will try to keep it up, but wanted to avoid an akiba's trip issue.

Really stupid how Japan goes about April Fool's day. There's important shit premiering tomorrow and a new season. Can't take anything today at face value and news gets missed.

I love april fools day, aside from the handful of companies that can't figure out that a fake announcement for something fans really want is a no no.

example
Doing a fake announcement with a video of a reimagined trigun with Vash being turned into a magical girl and everyone genderswapped called Triwand is fine.
announcing a real looking second season of trigun only to end with april fools, is not fine.

Watched all of Rakugo S2 today. Pretty amazing. The impressions I got before watching was that something majorly offensive happened in the final episode. Finally watching it and seeing what it actually was is both relieving and amusing considering it wasn't a big deal and was also hinted at way before the final episode. All in all, an amazing series.

Also watched Youjo Senki 12. I really hope we get another season of this.

LotusHD

Banned
Finished Scum's Wish. Ended well enough and avoided the obvious cliche, but overall I didn't really like the show that much, Just watched out of morbid curiosity, namely concerning the teacher.

Remember friends, in regards to the new season, it's important to never be excited about anything.

Saves you from disappointment, and makes people think you're cool and mysterious.

Clov

So, some more small announcements I've found:

Viz will be bringing the 2012 Jojo's anime to BD and DVD this Summer. It will be a single set with all 26 episodes. There will be a limited edition available that comes with a set of art cards and a 160 page booklet.

Aniplex has the rights to Eromanga Sensei, and will be streaming it on Crunchyroll and Daisuki, if you're interested in that. They also announced that Kizumonogatari Part II will be released on BD on May 9th.

zulux21

Aniplex licensed Eromanga Sensei. Streaming on CR, Daisuki and Anime Strike

not surprising they will also likely license
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭
Re:Creators (which we already know will be on anime strike)

and that would be it, nothing else would be an aniplex show this season that I see.

amusingly they also are making
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
but that is already licensed to viz media :p

Sölf

Ben-to ep.7
7Pup3sX.png

LOLOLOL, WTF is wrong with this show....

Omelettits

Ben-to was one of those shows that I started watching because of the ridiculous setting, but in the end it was "meh". It was okay, but nothing special. You miss nothing if you don't watch it.

Also, I just bought Gintama' on Steam. Now I only need the other 265 episodes and the current season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So, some more small announcements I've found:

Viz will be bringing the 2012 Jojo's anime to BD and DVD this Summer. It will be a single set with all 26 episodes. There will be a limited edition available that comes with a set of art cards and a 160 page booklet.

Aniplex has the rights to Eromanga Sensei, and will be streaming it on Crunchyroll and Daisuki, if you're interested in that. They also announced that Kizumonogatari Part II will be released on BD on May 9th.

I am really glad that Warner doesn't have Jojo anymore.

Clov

not surprising they will also likely license
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭
Re:Creators (which we already know will be on anime strike)

and that would be it, nothing else would be an aniplex show this season that I see.

amusingly they also are making
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
but that is already licensed to viz media :p

I mean, they have the rights to the first one, so there's a good chance that they'll grab the second season of it. Not sure about Re:Creators. You have to remember that Aniplex of America doesn't operate like a normal North American anime company; they're a direct subsidiary of Aniplex Japan. If Aniplex Japan has the international rights to something, 9 times out of 10 they'll give it to Aniplex of America. If there's a show that has their international rights owned by say, Kadokawa, Aniplex isn't going to go chasing it. I'm not sure what metric you're using to determine whether something is an "Aniplex show" or not, but the only one that's really valid is what I've mentioned above.

I don't really think Aniplex is "making" the next Naruto show. They might be a part of the production committee, but needless to say Viz didn't license the show from Aniplex or anything.

I am really glad that Warner doesn't have Jojo anymore.

After that awful DVD release by them it's going to be nice seeing something decent.

Edit: In an update by Viz, they've specified July for the S1 Jojo's BD release.

zulux21

I mean, they have the rights to the first one, so there's a good chance that they'll grab the second season of it. Not sure about Re:Creators. You have to remember that Aniplex of America doesn't operate like a normal North American anime company; they're a direct subsidiary of Aniplex Japan. If Aniplex Japan has the international rights to something, 9 times out of 10 they'll give it to Aniplex of America. If there's a show that has their international rights owned by say, Kadokawa, Aniplex isn't going to go chasing it. I'm not sure what metric you're using to determine whether something is an "Aniplex show" or not, but the only one that's really valid is what I've mentioned above.

I don't really think Aniplex is "making" the next Naruto show. They might be a part of the production committee, but needless to say Viz didn't license the show from Aniplex or anything.

After that awful DVD release by them it's going to be nice seeing something decent.
my metric. if aniplex is considered the main producer of the show.
it's a really simple one, as in general they have the rights to the shows at that point.

I know full well aniplex won't license anything that they don't make, which is why I said I don't think anything else is at risk of them licensing :p

obviously aniplex doesn't have the rights to everything they are the main producers of, Viz obviously holds the rights to something like boruto in general. but again the only shows that are even at risk of being licensed at them are the ones they are producers of.

I mean demichan they were also producers on but the rights went to funimation. They don't care to pick up every show they are producers of anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom