• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Aretak

Exact same situation here, ordered on July 12th as well... :)

I also deeply hope all goes well now.
I've since had a second email saying there's a problem with the second card too, despite the fact there's plenty of money available and I've never had a problem with it before. Although this time when I went to my account there was no option to revise payment or anything, just the order sitting there saying Awaiting Despatch. Tried their customer service number and it's just a recorded message telling you to look at the site or email them.

Not holding out much hope at this point, but we'll see.

Although this time when I went to my account there was no option to revise payment or anything, just the order sitting there saying Awaiting Despatch. Tried their customer service number and it's just a recorded message telling you to look at the site or email them.

Not holding out much hope at this point, but we'll see.

I'm in the same boat with Zavvi - "Payment Problems", despite having two working cards in there. Hope they're not deliberately looking for excuses to cancel people's orders to make up for a lack of stock :(

Kup

I'm in the UK and ordered a copy of the Wizard's Edition from GAME. I pre-ordered it a while ago and since then my bank card has expired.

I got an email from GAME at 5pm last night saying my order had been cancelled. I tried to contact them but they were gone for the night and it was a robot on the telephone.

So I get into a web chat this morning with a customer services assistant who basically tells me it is sold out.

Me: "But what about the copy you were about to send me?"

GAME: "It is sold out, sir. I do apologise you cannot order this item at this time"

Me: "So how is my copy sold out then?"

GAME: "Again I apologise for this, you cannot re-order this item at this time"

I left at that point. How on earth does my copy of the game - which they were about to send me - become "out of stock" when it cannot be ordered by anyone??

I just had visions of a copy sitting in a warehouse with my name on it, which will likely get sent to a random store in the country.

In my rage I went to ebay and paid over the odds for a copy with some Paypal funds I had extra. I just want the edition I ordered months ago. Fucking GAME.

Chalk me up as another having the payment issue with Zavvi. So far they have emailed me six times saying there is a problem.

I checked my car details and they were fine. I contacted my bank and they authorised the full payment early this morning. Apparently the payment problems ones are those 1p check things that they do.

My bank has authorised every single payment - full and the 1 pence ones - and given me time stamps and codes for each one. But Zavvi keep emailing saying there is an issue.

Rather wonderfully, they tell you to phone them. But if you do, you just get a recorded message telling you to visit the website. Where there isn't even a proper "there is a problem with my payment" option in the contact section.

And of course, no one is replying on Twitter. Shambles of a company. You NEED a contact number for sorting things like payments. I wouldn't ever hope to sort payment out via emails.

TheExodu5

Banned
I left at that point. How on earth does my copy of the game - which they were about to send me - become "out of stock" when it cannot be ordered by anyone??

I just had visions of a copy sitting in a warehouse with my name on it, which will likely get sent to a random store in the country.

In my rage I went to ebay and paid over the odds for a copy with some Paypal funds I had extra. I just want the edition I ordered months ago. Fucking GAME.

They oversold.

dock

Seeing the PDF of this on an iPad has made me reconsider getting this game. I was going to pass, but now I see that it would be a delight to have the manual handy whilst playing.

Why on earth don't Namco just release that PDF for free for all players, or indeed for everyone? It's great publicity!

jrush64

Banned
I dont get why people even use GAME for anything.

I ordered mine this morning from the banned site. I hope I get it. They put it back on their site last night but I couldnt order.

I tried again this morning and they let me order.

Borman

So has the problem with missing items been narrowed down in the US edition yet? I wont be able to open mine for a few weeks (shipped it to my parents), so Im on edge about the whole deal.

Downhome

Oh man how I wish I could find someone willing to trade me this set for the LE of Hyrule Historia, lol.

Yes, I know that wont happen.

I just don't understand why this happens with so many limited edition releases. Have it be for games, books, or DVDs and that sort of thing. Why can't some of these people get this sort of thing right?

Please pm me this site, thanks

Uh, yeah, me too.

Chopper

God dammit. My card has expired since ordering with Zavvi in July, and getting this sorted is a pain in the ass.

I initially enquired about it about a week ago, and I got a message back reassuring me that it was okay because I would receive a "Payment Problem" email which will allow me to amend the payment details. Which is great, except I just received said email and all it does is link through to the login page at the site. Well, that's not very helpful, because I am still unale to change the payment details from within my account all the time the order is still processing.

So I thought I should phone the CS number that was in the Payment Problem email. I get greeted by a robot: "Your problem should be addressed in the help section on the website, otherwise send us a message"

*gets cut off*.

What?! Going in circles here.

Hawkie

Payment problems with Sendit even though CC shows everything approved. Re-entered details, added another card etc, got another payment problem email. Logged in and order status is "Awaiting Despatch". Hopefully everything has gone through eventually :S

Slair

Zavvi, The Hut and Sendit are all the same company. Shit, I hope this is just some extra confirmation for them because we preordered so long ago.

Aretak

Zavvi, The Hut and Sendit are all the same company. Shit, I hope this is just some extra confirmation for them because we preordered so long ago.
The fact that they were still selling it on their sites until a couple of weeks ago worries me. I can't help but feel they may have just massively oversold it and are using this as a way out. I'm almost positive I remember the same thing happening in the past, with the same mysterious payment errors, but I can't place the occasion.

Hawkie

The fact that they were still selling it on their sites until a couple of weeks ago worries me. I can't help but feel they may have just massively oversold it and are using this as a way out. I'm almost positive I remember the same thing happening in the past, with the same mysterious payment errors, but I can't place the occasion.

You may be right, but what I can say is that the experience I've described so far is for an order placed on 19-Jul-2012, which just seems ridiculous.

Aretak

You may be right, but what I can say is that the experience I've described so far is for an order placed on 19-Jul-2012, which just seems ridiculous.
I'm not so sure most places have any sort of first come, first served system in place. Even Namco's own store didn't, with people who ordered early getting cancellations and latecomers getting their game. The fact that The Hut Group are such a shitty company in general doesn't fill me with any confidence that they'd be remotely bothered about such things.

eXistor

Jesus, it's the same fucking problem in the Netherlands. We just got word from Namco Bandai that pretty much the entire country isn't getting the Wizard's Edition. I called a bunch of other stores and it's the same story.

So yeah: FUCK YOU NAMCO BANDAI

Dak'kon

I've had the same "payment problem" order from Zavvi as everyone here. Ordered on the 20th July. I don't hold out much hope of getting my copy now as, like you, I remember something like this happening with the Hut Group in the past. Wish I had just stuck with ordering from Amazon, who have rarely done things like this, over buying from Zavvi for the sake of a few quid.

Count me in on the payment problem bandwagon. Ordered at The Hut some time ago, before it was sold out in any shop in EU. I guess I did because it sold out in NA.
Though, to be honest, my bank is a bit annoying sometimes, they block my card from time to time for "security purposes". Guess I spend too much, lol.

If it doesn't work out, my buddy will be very disappointed, I was hoping to import it for him since I managed to get a US edition for myself and he did not.

Slair

Count me in on the payment problem bandwagon. Ordered at The Hut some time ago, before it was sold out in any shop in EU. I guess I did because it sold out in NA.
Though, to be honest, my bank is a bit annoying sometimes, they block my card from time to time for "security purposes". Guess I spend too much, lol.

If it doesn't work out, my buddy will be very disappointed, I was hoping to import it for him since I managed to get a US edition for myself and he did not.

Fucking hell, re-entered my payment options just incase, got another email saying there is a problem with the payment details. Seems they really are trying to fuck us over.

Quadratic

Fishpond just charged my card. I'm still doubtful they will actually send anything since this is standard practice for them. I really hope I can get a UK version though.

Cronen

My order status earlier today on The Hut (around 11 am) was "Awaiting Stock Pick" and I have just noticed now it is "Awaiting Dispatch".

Is this new, or have I am a bit behind now?

Ath

I tweeted Namco Bandai UK about the Zavvi situation to see if they can shed any light on things. It's probably all a Zavvi/Hut Group fuckup but Namco said they'll speak to their sales team anyway.

Haven't had any more of those payment problem emails as of yet, but until the game's in my hands I'm going to keep my expectations low.

Oh yeah, not sure if folks are aware but apparently the banned site (shop to) won't ship the WE out of the UK. I remember someone here mentioning this as it seems they were not informing it on the site like they used to.

Kind of a dick move honestly, I don't know why they do this to their customers. It used to mention on the site that they would not ship certain items out of the UK, why would they remove it.

Raxious

Jesus, it's the same fucking problem in the Netherlands. We just got word from Namco Bandai that pretty much the entire country isn't getting the Wizard's Edition. I called a bunch of other stores and it's the same story.

So yeah: FUCK YOU NAMCO BANDAI

wait whut?! where did u get this info?

Raxious

Just got the call from my local shop.
Also called a couple of other shops.....nothing, same story everywhere in the Netherlands

i pre-ordered mine @ GameMania. I'll call em tomorrow.

I know that at the GameMania here, there was only 1 copy available for pre-order. So hopefully I'll still be gettin it. So far, every pre-order that I had there, I recieved.

glaurung

My local shop will charge 179 euros for the Wizard Edition box.

Yeah, I want the game, but I am not going to be gouged like this. Standard copy pre-order at Amazon still stands.

Probably not.

If you have a European DLC, then *usually* it'll only work in conjunction with a European Disc. However, I found out in the past that "Europe" disc/DLC often covers a vast amount of countries and often include Australia/NZ. In other words, I can often buy Australian disc and I can actually use UK or DE DLC because they were all manufactured by the European arm of PSN.

After you install the disc and DLC, however, you usually can play on any account you want to play. What usually happens is that I'll buy an Australian game/DLC and then I'll pay on my main PSN account, which is US-based.

Thanks for the reply guys. I do have ask though:

Anyway to tell if my NA save file will work with the german WE I ordered? It'll make or break my amazon.de order

Cronen

I can see that someone else has questioned Namco Bandai UK and the response they were given is:
Sadly we have no news from Zavvi regarding this issue and are waiting to hear
So it seems that they are investigating.

I've tweeted TheHut. Will post when I get a response!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Got my copy last night, everything seems to be intact. Haven't started playing it yet... guess I got really lucky when it came to this game, then again I preordered asap.

wD3HrLA.jpg

What's this about shortages? We got around 70 copies.
Alas, all are already pre-ordered

Pre-ordered with The Hut round about July last year, yet they won't accept my payment. I've tried three goddamn times now, yet keep getting the same Payment Problem email. Incidentally, this is the first time I've purchased something from their site, and probably the last.

Slair

Pre-ordered with The Hut round about July last year, yet they won't accept my payment. I've tried three goddamn times now, yet keep getting the same Payment Problem email. Incidentally, this is the first time I've purchased something from their site, and probably the last.

The thing is, it's pretty impossible to get any help from them. The phone number isn't even real. I've tried twice with the payments. They reply to someone on twitter about spending 30 odd quid on a phone bill phoning them about something, but they don't respond to people with current ordering problems. I wonder what this magical phone number he phoned was, or did they just turn off all the phones for the incoming Ni No Kuni shit storm?

Uthred

Getting the same payment problem bullshit from Zavvi that people are getting from the Hut. Despite the fact they shipped out a different pre-order earlier in the week no problem.

The thing is, it's pretty impossible to get any help from them. The phone number isn't even real. I've tried twice with the payments. They reply to someone on twitter about spending 30 odd quid on a phone bill phoning them about something, but they don't respond to people with current ordering problems. I wonder what this magical phone number he phoned was, or did they just turn off all the phones for the incoming Ni No Kuni shit storm?

Fuck, I should have pre-ordered with Amazon.

Top Bottom