• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Caayn
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:40 PM)
Caayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigboss370

meh, the "no games", or no "real" games (whatever that means) is really an empty statement when the system (marketed from top to bottom as a games first console) is being sold out consistently since launch.

You can market the living hell out of one product with a certain marketing campaign but that doesn't guarantee anything. The PS4 "has no games" is more of continuation of the PS3 has no no games joke, which has heavily outlived its funniness.
perk1n
Junior Member
(04-20-2014, 10:42 PM)
perk1n's Avatar
What? Is that list The Truth?
Tabasco
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:43 PM)
Tabasco's Avatar
Excellent.

I just wish there were more console exclusives worth playing. That's pretty much the reason I even bought a PS4.
Sephiroth_VII
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:44 PM)
Sephiroth_VII's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.

I'd be surprised if Sony won't ramp up production temporarily during Sep-Oct-Nov to build stock, as long as it keeps selling at this rate that is.
deadpixel
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:46 PM)
Added Dec & Nov

old - http://i.imgur.com/dMFo1OS.png
old - http://i.imgur.com/pRO0wPj.png

Last edited by deadpixel; 04-21-2014 at 01:49 AM.
Paganmoon
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:47 PM)
Paganmoon's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.

You don't think they'll have planned ramp-ups in production the coming months, better yields and such?

Genuinely asking here.
CaptainTiptop
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:48 PM)
CaptainTiptop's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadpixel

Added Dec & Nov

Injustice and Resogun didn't release on the Xbone. :)
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(04-20-2014, 10:48 PM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Paganmoon

You don't think they'll have planned ramp-ups in production the coming months, better yields and such?

Genuinely asking here.

Still depends on how extreme the demand becomes.
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:49 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caayn

You can market the living hell out of one product with a certain marketing campaign but that doesn't guarantee anything. The PS4 "has no games" is more of continuation of the PS3 has no no games joke, which has heavily outlived its funniness.

it's not just marketing though, its the way the system was designed.

and yeah, that meme lived out its worth 6 years ago.


Originally Posted by CaptainTiptop

Injustice and Resogun didn't release on the Xbone. :)


lool
Speedy Blue Dude
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:49 PM)

Originally Posted by benny_a

Updated it

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.
deadpixel
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:50 PM)

Originally Posted by CaptainTiptop

Injustice and Resogun didn't release on the Xbone. :)

AHHHHHHH fixing
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(04-20-2014, 10:51 PM)
Y2Kev's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

Drag them.
benny_a
extra source of jiggaflops
(04-20-2014, 10:51 PM)
benny_a's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

hohoXD123
friggin' Knack avatars
(04-20-2014, 10:52 PM)
hohoXD123's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

This Post Brought To You By the Microsoft Xbox One™, The All-in-One Entertainment System
Dragon
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:52 PM)
Dragon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

Of course you do. If Microsoft polished a turd and had Major Nelson hype it up youd put syrup on it and eat it like it's the most delicious buttermilk pancakes.
Glorified G
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:53 PM)
Glorified G's Avatar

Originally Posted by benny_a

Originally Posted by hohoXD123

This Post Brought To You By the Microsoft Xbox One™, The All-in-One Entertainment System

Originally Posted by Dragon

Of course you do. If Microsoft polished a turd and had Major Nelson hype it up youd put syrup on it and eat it like it's the most delicious buttermilk pancakes.

Shills gonna shill
TheRealTalker
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:53 PM)
TheRealTalker's Avatar
a multiplayer only game isn't going to tie you in for 3 months
imho

thats just me but who knows
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:53 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

Ploid 3.0
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:54 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadpixel

Added Dec & Nov

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0MtphvV.pnG]

Geez, and I've been waiting on Daylight to release so I can put my darn graphics card free voucher code to use. It seemed like this game was releasing in Jun/July when I looked it up. What is going on with this game?

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

[A picture that was funny to me]

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

Wow man, so all sony has to do is release it's first party games and stagger the releases of the dlc's for them. So basically what nintendo is pretty much doing with WiiU. That seems like a awesome plan!

Variety is the spice of life. Especially in a seemingly competitive FPS fatigued industry.
Last edited by Ploid 3.0; 04-20-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Caayn
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:54 PM)
Caayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigboss370

it's not just marketing though, its the way the system was designed.

and yeah, that meme lived out its worth 6 years ago.

Sorry but I don't take the bullshit "it's the way the system was designed". Both consoles were designed with media integration, MS got lost a bit too far into it, PS4 just suffered less from it.

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

Wrong argument, it's a personal preferences not "quantity vs quality" ;)
Beysus
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:55 PM)
Beysus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

4ever
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:55 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

Geez, and I've been waiting on Daylight to release so I can put my darn graphics card free voucher code to use. It seemed like this game was releasing in Jun/July when I looked it up. What is going on with this game?

what? Daylight comes out end of this month
michaelius
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:55 PM)
michaelius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Paganmoon

You don't think they'll have planned ramp-ups in production the coming months, better yields and such?

Genuinely asking here.

I wish I knew - but there's probably a limit to how much production can be increased so my assumption was that for companies who mostly sell in Christmas period they need to produce some of that stock in advance.
Speedy Blue Dude
Banned
(04-20-2014, 10:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Dragon

Of course you do. If Microsoft polished a turd and had Major Nelson hype it up youd put syrup on it and eat it like it's the most delicious buttermilk pancakes.

That's not true? I've actively announced my dislike for the Gears of War franchise, Fable franchise, and Halo 4/Halo:Reach.

I like Titanfall because it's genuinely a fun game. Not because it's Microsoft exclusive. I'm a fan of Respawn's new franchise and I'm excited for it's future, if Titanfall 2 ends up being on the Playstation 4, great. I'll still be hyped and I'll be happy the franchise will have more room for growth and can reach a bigger user base.
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(04-20-2014, 10:56 PM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

Bold One
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:57 PM)
Bold One's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

I dont get this gif
hohoXD123
friggin' Knack avatars
(04-20-2014, 10:57 PM)
hohoXD123's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

That's not true? I've actively announced my dislike for the Gears of War franchise, Fable franchise, and Halo 4/Halo:Reach.

I like Titanfall because it's genuinely a fun game. Not because it's Microsoft exclusive. I'm a fan of Respawn's new franchise and I'm excited for it's future, if Titanfall 2 ends up being on the Playstation 4, great. I'll still be hyped and I'll be happy the franchise will have more room for growth and can reach a bigger user base.

Guys, let's remember this post for the inevitable Titanfall PS4 announcement.
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:58 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caayn

Sorry but I don't take the bullshit "it's the way the system was designed". Both consoles were designed with media integration, MS got lost a bit too far into it, PS4 just suffered less from it.

what's bullshit about it? of course both were designed with media integration in mind as well, but thats more a software thing. but i'm saying the focus of design on PS4 has been gaming foremost. That's why 8GB GDDR5 happened.
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(04-20-2014, 10:59 PM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bold One

I dont get this gif

He's being all ridiculous and flexing about titanfall meanwhile I just smile as he makes a fool of himself.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:59 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigboss370

what? Daylight comes out end of this month

Niice, I kinda wish I didn't find out about it releasing soon now. It would have been a nice surprise.
benny_a
extra source of jiggaflops
(04-20-2014, 10:59 PM)
benny_a's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caayn

Wrong argument, it's a personal preferences not "quantity vs quality" ;)

Exactly. I think Basement Crawl, Backgammon, Pure Chess, Putty Squad and some other games are super lame on a console.

Even though I ended up deciding against buying Titanfall after playing the beta, I'd take Titanfall over those as well.

I won't take Titanfall over Don't Starve, Octodad, Daylight, Towerfall, Steamworld Dig & Transistor however.

Personal preference.
Yaphett Kotto
Member
(04-20-2014, 10:59 PM)
Yaphett Kotto's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

lmfao
andromeduck
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:00 PM)
andromeduck's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sephiroth_VII

I'd be surprised if Sony won't ramp up production temporarily during Sep-Oct-Nov to build stock, as long as it keeps selling at this rate that is.

Why only temporarily?

By all accounts they've been short on stock pretty much since launch.

The only reason I can think of is prepping for another SKU which might make sense as DualShockers is reporting AMD plans on switching to GloFo fabs later this year for XBO/PS4 chips but that's on the same node and other parts shouldn't have changed too much since launch to warrant anything big.
Legenonymous
Junior Member
(04-20-2014, 11:01 PM)
With games like outlast, planeside 2, ff14 and titanfall 2_ next year I would be surprised if Xbox ever caught up.
andromeduck
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:04 PM)
andromeduck's Avatar

Originally Posted by Legenonymous

With games like outlast, planeside 2, ff14 and titanfall 2_ next year I would be surprised if Xbox ever caught up.

I believe the question now is less if they'll catch up and more how far behind will they fall, and what will that mean in therm of third parties market momentum.
Caayn
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:04 PM)
Caayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigboss370

what's bullshit about it? of course both were designed with media integration in mind as well, but thats more a software thing. but i'm saying the focus of design on PS4 has been gaming foremost. That's why 8GB GDDR5 happened.

GDDR5 was a gamble for Sony, if things went sour we'd have seen the PS4 with 4GB. This is something that has been discussed thousands of times here and I don't feel the need to repeat it.
Tigress
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:05 PM)
Tigress's Avatar

Originally Posted by bigboss370

what? Daylight comes out end of this month

Daylight looks interesting. But I'm not sure I should buy it... It has been my experience that I much prefer watching other people play horror games. If I try to play them I end up not because I get too freaked out if I'm playing them (But I love the atmosphere/story of a good horror game. I just can't play one myself).

Oh, and if we're talking Titanfall vs. everything else PS4 is getting, I'll take Daylight and Bound by Flame over Titanfall easily. Especially since I have no interest in a multiplayer game nor any game put out by EA. So, that's an easy one for me (Or here's another vote saying that guy saying Titanfall is quality over quantity is more personal preference over quantity).
Last edited by Tigress; 04-20-2014 at 11:07 PM.
KZObsessed
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:05 PM)
KZObsessed's Avatar

Originally Posted by deadpixel

Added Dec & Nov

http://i.imgur.com/dMFo1OS.png

DC:Universe Online
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
WarThunder

are missing from PS4 list unless ive gone blind.
Ploid 3.0
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:06 PM)
Ploid 3.0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caayn

GDDR5 was a gamble for Sony, if things went sour we'd have seen the PS4 with 4GB. This is something that has been discussed thousands of times here and I don't feel the need to repeat it.

The god of war smiled on PS4 and blessed it with great fortune +4.
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(04-20-2014, 11:06 PM)
Bam Bam Baklava's Avatar

Originally Posted by KZObsessed

DC:Universe Online
Warframe
Blacklight: Retribution
WarThunder

are missing from PS4 list unless ive gone blind.

Wasn't warframe supposed to be coming to xbox in february? What happened there?
Caayn
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:09 PM)
Caayn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ploid 3.0

The god of war smiled on PS4 and blessed it with great fortune +4.

GoW 4 confirmed for PS4!
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:09 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caayn

GDDR5 was a gamble for Sony, if things went sour we'd have seen the PS4 with 4GB. This is something that has been discussed thousands of times here and I don't feel the need to repeat it.

yet it was a gamble that Sony made, and I believe it when they say they made it for games. Developer input plays a factor here as well since a dev straight up told them they need to have 8GB RAM. You certainly don't need to gamble on 8GB GDDR5 for media integration.
SwiftDeath
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:09 PM)
SwiftDeath's Avatar

Originally Posted by Caayn

GoW 4 confirmed for PS4!

As if that really needed confirming lol

I am curious what the next GoW game will be like though
ReturnOfTheRAT
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:09 PM)
ReturnOfTheRAT's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

LOL
bigboss370
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:10 PM)
bigboss370's Avatar

Originally Posted by SwiftDeath

As if that really needed confirming lol

I am curious what the next GoW game will be like though


there is no doubt it will be awesome :D
Beysus
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:11 PM)
Beysus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

Wasn't warframe supposed to be coming to xbox in february? What happened there?

It was?

Maybe because of the Live paywall. You don't need PS+ for f2p games.
DanteGhost
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:11 PM)
DanteGhost's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedy Blue Dude

You probably aren't serious with this image but I agree with it.

I'd rather have Titanfall than all those other small indie games. Titanfall probably outsold all of them put together. If you want to use a "quantity vs quality" argument I'll use one here as well.

I like how you completely ignore inFamous: Second Son even though it reached 1 million in sales.
TheRealTalker
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:12 PM)
TheRealTalker's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bam Bam Baklava

Wasn't warframe supposed to be coming to xbox in february? What happened there?

the studio was announced to be part of ID@Xbox in February

with later confirmation that they are looking into bringing WarFrame to the XO marketplace
driver116
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:13 PM)

Originally Posted by DanteGhost

I like how you completely ignore inFamous: Second Son even though it reached 1 million in sales.

Well it's an indie game of no quality remember,
unknownstranger
Member
(04-20-2014, 11:13 PM)
unknownstranger's Avatar

Originally Posted by michaelius

If PS4 keeps selling like that there will be some ugly shortages for Christmas 2014 as there won't be much time to build up stock for those months.

Sony should spend the next few months focusing on restocking tier 2 countries and then start another marketing push after E3. I think Sony might push to 8 million sold by the end of May but not any sooner. They'll probably be close to 10 million by September and have enough stock to mostly supply this holiday.

Thread Tools