• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War 4 art leaks (Norse setting, Kratos w/ beard) [Up2: Polygon says real]

Which part of God of War 4 are you most excited about?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh well, the idea of maybe Freyja, Hel or just about anyone other than Kratos as the main protagonist got me hype for a moment.
eBvYaCU.png

Pizza

Kratos reincarnated....

Or he became an immortal hermit after killing everyone and fucking over Athena.
On some Rambo shit he just wanted to be left alone....

God I'd love to see Kratos chill out after being a big dick. He's a god right? He's immortal?

Have the game be Kratos fumbling stopping the Norse from taking over Greece (landing in jail) and him having to slaughter their pantheon to save Greece. Since he IS the God of War and Greece could be peaceful until the Norse show up, as a god of WAR he'd be weakened until, you know, the next war. Where the belief in war would power him up or something idc.

Expanding GoW to include other pantheons is a 10/10 idea, I just hope Kratos has some meaningful growth to move him past the guy he was in the first six games. Because I love all of them and I love Kratos, but I'd like to see him evolve

Melchiah

I think people got sick of Kratos because of how one note he was post 2.

1) Fuck the gods, they killed my family (although it was mostly my fault)
2) Literally killed everything in his way
3) Basically fucks over the entire world on his revenge quest.

Ghost of Sparta was literally a "huh, we should elaborate on why Kratos hates the gods so much".

Personally, I would have welcomed a new MC, but if they go with Kratos hopefully he has a personality change after realizing he got nothing from his revenge quest.

The bolded is exactly why I love Kratos. It's refreshing to play as a villain, when the rare opportunity rises. There are more than enough do-gooder options out there.

So the artist whose page all of this is from does state on LinkedIn that he's worked at SSM.

Concept Artist
Sony Santa Monica Studio
September 2015 – December 2015 (4 months)Sony Santa Monica Studio
Creating Concept Art and collaborating with the Visdev team for an unannounced project

Most of the images have uploaded dates of 11/2015 but some randomly have 2000. Maybe its just an error?

There are also some other images.

https://imgur.com/a/5CSGB

Where did you find those infos and that imgur link please?

Floody

Environments look nice, Kratos looks meh, but that's probably not his final design. The axe is also probably not it's final design, would be way too limiting just being a regular axe.

Unlike many, I don't actually dislike Kratos, but I just don't understand why they had to have him back for this. There are so many Norse characters they could have picked.

Oh well, at least they picked one of the best mythologies ever.

LuuKyK

I dont mind Kratos again.

Just thinking about how awesome this fairy world (whatever its called) will look on the PS4
K

Dizzy-4U

Sorry, but what notable games use Norse Mythology? I might understand movies and other popular culture due to Thor, but I am drawing blanks on Norse.

I am just happy its not fucking Greek anymore, because Ascension was scraping the bottom of the barrel for things for Kratos to kill.
A masterpiece called Valkyrie Profile.

CengizMan

I have never finished a God of War game, but even I was hoping for a different face than Kratos'. Even so, it looks and sounds legit. I believe there is quite some curiosity towards Norse mythology since the popularity of Thor.

I wish they would have gone for Egyptian mythology, but maybe they are saving that for God of War VII!

butman

If it really will be a new mythology it must be a NEW main character and a NEW name for the game.

The game is called God of War because Kratos stole the title to Ares, the legit greek god of war. What the point of using the same name on a different mythology? Santa Monica must kill Kratos with the greek mithology and bring a new IP based on Gods. Like i don't know: "The God of Winter"

Waiting for the inevitable

Thor: How can you use Mjolnir, how are you worthy?
Kratos: Because I am angry.

Cue tap X to bash.

So this is legit? Hope the Kratos design is just a placeholder.

That character design isn't awful really. It looks like Greek inspired Viking which is a neat concept

The greek pteryges mixed with some viking scruffy leather armor and the greek tattoo and the large viking beard is a nice character evolution. The loss of the Chains is the biggest take away. Combat will be drastically changed. Hopefully we get some form of them back later in the game but Axes and Hammers would be great.

Top Bottom