• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Ninja_Hawk
(02-23-2017, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by mileS

His Pat Stay line was good and all. and he knew exactly how the crowd would react to that. I have to say how stupid it is people still think Pat backed down to Calicoe. I rewatched that battle last week and I was like wtf.. are people remembering this wrong? I don't know what people expected anyway.

I mean yeah, he killed Calicoe in the battle, and the way Cal acted seemed pretty unnecessary and took nothing away from Pat I thought. People making something out of nothing.
mileS
(02-23-2017, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Ninja_Hawk

I mean yeah, he killed Calicoe in the battle, and the way Cal acted seemed pretty unnecessary and took nothing away from Pat I thought. People making something out of nothing.

That's all it is lol. Just funny to see how far people go.

Charron has been saying he doesn't want to battle that much this year. All those interviews from that even he was going on how bad he wanted to do wild n out. The surf battle needs to happen this year, just to get it over with.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(02-24-2017, 03:22 PM)
Born Legacy 5 Trailer. March 11th.

Th3 Saga vs. Tink The Demon
JC vs. Chef Trez
Ryda & Jakkboy Maine vs. Snakeyez & Dougy
Qleen Paper vs. Nu Jerzy Twork
Ave vs. O-Red

Aside from the 2v2, I like this card a lot.

His Pat Stay line was good and all. and he knew exactly how the crowd would react to that. I have to say how stupid it is people still think Pat backed down to Calicoe. I rewatched that battle last week and I was like wtf.. are people remembering this wrong? I don't know what people expected anyway.

Maybe I'm under the same false impression/faulty memory, but Calicoe was super aggressive and pushing him around a bit and people took note of that. Though, Charron was just flipping Tay Roc's I'M NOT PAT STAY line from Roc vs. Calicoe.
Ninja_Hawk
(02-24-2017, 05:34 PM)

Originally Posted by enzo_gt

Born Legacy 5 Trailer. March 11th.

Th3 Saga vs. Tink The Demon
JC vs. Chef Trez
Ryda & Jakkboy Maine vs. Snakeyez & Dougy
Qleen Paper vs. Nu Jerzy Twork
Ave vs. O-Red

Aside from the 2v2, I like this card a lot.

Maybe I'm under the same false impression/faulty memory, but Calicoe was super aggressive and pushing him around a bit and people took note of that. Though, Charron was just flipping Tay Roc's I'M NOT PAT STAY line from Roc vs. Calicoe.

Those BL5 match-ups....JC and Trez....Qleen and Twork...YOOOO!!!!
mileS
(02-25-2017, 06:40 PM)

Calicoe was super drunk and acting like a punk. Pat handled it pretty well. Did not know that was a flip on a line from Roc vs Calicoe. No wonder it hit harder than I expected.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(02-26-2017, 07:42 PM)

Calicoe was super drunk and acting like a punk. Pat handled it pretty well. Did not know that was a flip on a line from Roc vs Calicoe. No wonder it hit harder than I expected.

Yeah after Calicoe started doing something similar to Roc in the first round, Roc shut it down quick at the top of his 2nd with a line about Pat Stay.Timestampted here. He kept saying IM NOT PAT STAY throughout the battle too lol

EDIT: URL: Jai 400 Block vs. Dre Dennis. A lot of great lines in this battle, but the styles are not the easiest on the ears TBH.
Last edited by enzo_gt; 02-28-2017 at 02:32 AM.
Ninja_Hawk
(02-28-2017, 03:33 AM)
Dre Dennis...meeeeeeehh lol...i'll check it when im bored

Mike P VS. Trez should've dropped already.

RANDOM: Yung Ill has been announced for Blackout 7. Lets hope he shows up...literally!
Ninja_Hawk
(03-04-2017, 04:01 AM)
Mike P VS. Chef Trez Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWFZ6ZyN4aw

Can't wait!

KG VS. DNA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7HsCwiCM1I

Who asked for this? Anyways, I gave it to KG 2-1 or 3-0. DNA has some decent lines, but his flow/delivery is just too boring and basic for me unless he drops something hard.

Soul VS. Real Deal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxV3OSmLGk4

Had no idea this happened. Hearing great things.
Last edited by Ninja_Hawk; 03-04-2017 at 06:02 PM.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(03-07-2017, 05:44 PM)
URL: Mike P vs. Chef Trez.

This battle is stupid fire, and honestly every round is debatable and great to me. I think I edge the 1st to Trez, 2nd to Mike P, 3rd a bit clearer to Trez. Easily an early battle of the year contender, I think it has rewatch potential because it's pretty consistent throughout.

KG vs. DNA was okay, KG always does just enough to sustain my interest but not enough to excite me to check out his next battle. KG 3-0.
Ninja_Hawk
(03-07-2017, 06:19 PM)

URL: Mike P vs. Chef Trez.

This battle is stupid fire, and honestly every round is debatable and great to me. I think I edge the 1st to Trez, 2nd to Mike P, 3rd a bit clearer to Trez. Easily an early battle of the year contender, I think it has rewatch potential because it's pretty consistent throughout.

KG vs. DNA was okay, KG always does just enough to sustain my interest but not enough to excite me to check out his next battle. KG 3-0.

YEAH BUDDY! I was just about to post it lol. Can we get off RNT, please Smack? Was supposed to drop yesterday!

This battle is FUEGO! HIGHLY debatable, best Trez ever. Them rebuttals and his 3rd was crazy. I got Mike P 2-1, taking the first and second. I will be rewatching this many times.
Last edited by Ninja_Hawk; 03-07-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Ninja_Hawk
(03-14-2017, 03:35 AM)
Danny Myers VS. Geechi Gotti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iajk42Zymcc

Pretty solid, wish it were longer, too bad on that stumble. The BL5 battles sound good for the most part, can't wait for JC-Trez.
Last edited by Ninja_Hawk; 03-14-2017 at 03:57 AM.
Ninja_Hawk
(03-21-2017, 12:17 AM)
Danny Myers VS. Steams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvluDPTBqZw

Danny 3-0 or 2-1.
Last edited by Ninja_Hawk; 03-21-2017 at 01:16 AM.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(03-21-2017, 03:28 PM)
Within a few weeks span so many battles I want to watch dropped, but spring TV season is about to kick into high gear too. RIP my free time.

UDUBB: Arsonal vs. Chilla Jones.

RBE: Arsonal vs. QB.

BullPen: Loso vs. Bad News.

EDIT: I don't know who I got in Danny vs. Steams. TBH I think I only really liked Steams' 2nd, okayish material throughout with not enough great stuff to make it stand out. I really think URL would benefit from shorter goddamn battles. Dunno how it's possible with the URL crowd though, and I don't think time limits are the only issue, but they gotta stop the inflation so these battles feel more like lightning in a bottle than an endurance race.

Danny vs. Geechi was cool. Geechi won me over with the first line I feel though. Between Geechi Gotti, Loso and a few others on the come up, I'm sorta excited about newcomers again. Kind of happy URL hasn't done PGs in a minute, but these are a few dudes I hope they'd scoop up. Honestly the West Coast is kind of shitty when it comes to new talent, so Geechi is refreshing.
Last edited by enzo_gt; 03-24-2017 at 02:52 AM.
Ninja_Hawk
(03-26-2017, 12:40 AM)
^ I agree. These 40 min. (sometimes about an hour) battles are a killer, and hurt replayability.

Arsonal-QB was funny for the wrong reasons.

Bad News-Loso was straight. Loso has a lot more potential than I thought. We'll see what he does at BO7.

BL5 just finishing and having BO7 and NOME coming up soon should mean a lot of potentially dope battles to come.
EchosMyron
(03-26-2017, 10:30 AM)
Yo...

Topr vs TheSaurus is battle of the year so far.
Ninja_Hawk
(03-26-2017, 07:36 PM)

Originally Posted by EchosMyron

Yo...

Topr vs TheSaurus is battle of the year so far.

You've been MIA for how long and you return with this?! It was ok. Real Deal VS. Soul?
mileS
(03-26-2017, 08:58 PM)

You've been MIA for how long and you return with this?! It was ok. Real Deal VS. Soul?

I'd back that up though. It's my favorite this year as well.
Ninja_Hawk
(03-27-2017, 04:11 AM)
Ok, maybe i'll give it another watch.
EchosMyron
(03-27-2017, 04:58 AM)

I'm just getting the truth out there broski.

Real Deal vs Soul was really fun. Soul got that pretty clearly imo but RD definitely had a lot of good material.
Ninja_Hawk
(Yesterday, 07:44 PM)
Pat Stay VS. DNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htq3QK1FqdM
mileS
(Yesterday, 09:23 PM)
Most of the battles from that event came across better on PPV. Not sure why. Camera angles and mics. The PPV seemed less awkward for crowd reaction. Noticed that in this battle and Charron vs Roc.
enzo_gt
tagged by Blackace
(Yesterday, 10:57 PM)
URL: O-Red vs. Ave. Ave 2-1. Edged Red in the 1st.

Both Arsonal vs. QB and Arsonal vs. Chilla were enjoyable for what they were. I think I got both winning 2-1 over Arsonal. Everyone had shit but none of those are super replayable battles.

Loso decisively 3-0. Bad News perked my ear mainly only in the 2nd with the pocket check thing. Loso just on another level than Bad Newz and it's very clear IMO.
Last edited by enzo_gt; Yesterday at 11:32 PM.
Ninja_Hawk
(Today, 02:32 AM)
Yup, I had Ave 2-1, with Red taking the first. Second round was close though. Red's third just had so much that didn't hit with me.