• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

ActStriker
Member
(04-10-2015, 04:07 PM)
ActStriker's Avatar
I need to start making Gunpla again.

I also need the extra space to display
Nightengale
Member
(04-10-2015, 04:40 PM)
Nightengale's Avatar
I've been rewatching select episodes of G-Gundam, and damn, it still holds up, and it's still as awesome as I remember.

It's easy to just get lost and get back to those individual character stories within the episodic structure of the fights/tournament, but within so many of those, I loved how everything just build up to culminate in those climatic episodes in the last quarter where the truth were revealed, and emotions were RAW through the roof.
Ohmygoditsjrod
Banned
(04-10-2015, 04:40 PM)

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

Fuck Riddhe. Dude couldn't wait to kill every female mobile suit pilot on the show.

I hate Riddhe as much as anyone else but I'll be straight about something. Loni Garvey had to go.

Also boo at the name change.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(04-10-2015, 04:42 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
Wish the AGE representation in the OP was Asemu Asano and Zeheart...but at least theres Shinn and Athrun.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-10-2015, 04:53 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ohmygoditsjrod

I hate Riddhe as much as anyone else but I'll be straight about something. Loni Garvey had to go.

Also boo at the name change.

This is true. I do believe when Banana finally reached her the mobile armor took over any way. At least he tried to reason with her. Riddhe was just like "finish her already." Granted I think she nuked half the city in the process of said reasoning.
ngff02
Member
(04-10-2015, 04:58 PM)
ngff02's Avatar
I miss reconguista. Friday afternoons don't feel the same anymore.
Dedication Through Light
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:00 PM)
Dedication Through Light's Avatar
Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 7

Bell's mom was one of the funniest parts of this anime. Her completely being shocked and everything in the glider made me rewatch it twice. What a great moment, and then to top the cake, when she was more concerned over forgetting Bell's bananas and cinnamon biscuits that he likes, how funny.

Loved Bell's performance, how the pirates could have survived him is just a baffling thought.

They need to give G Self and other machines some wings, having to go on these little airships things is really keeping battles from really reaching new heights in excitement.
PaulExcellent
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:07 PM)
PaulExcellent's Avatar

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

Fuck Riddhe. Dude couldn't wait to kill every female mobile suit pilot on the show.

Hey, now. He had redeeming character traits, like...
Look, he had the Banshee. That's enough. Kinda.

Also, new thread! I haven't worked on Gunpla in forever, so I'm useless here. lol
JadedWriter
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:13 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by PaulExcellent

Hey, now. He had redeeming character traits, like...
Look, he had the Banshee. That's enough. Kinda.

Also, new thread! I haven't worked on Gunpla in forever, so I'm useless here. lol

But his first name rhymes with Glemmy...sort of. It was Merida's Banshee first.
PhiLonius
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:27 PM)
PhiLonius's Avatar
Even with a name change, the Riddhe hate runs eternal.

But seriously.....Fuck Riddhe!
JadedWriter
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:30 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhiLonius

Even with a name change, the Riddhe hate runs eternal.

But seriously.....Fuck Riddhe!

Riddhe done goufed. You don't kill a woman with a seriously tragic history after she's finally found some peace in her heart and realized that she has the love of her psuedo father and get away with it. Zinnerman should've shot his ass personally. And after he fucked up the fool is crying about it asking for god damn sympathy.
Last edited by JadedWriter; 04-10-2015 at 05:33 PM.
RangerBAD
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:36 PM)
RangerBAD's Avatar
Aww, that title change. ; ;
NEO0MJ
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:40 PM)
NEO0MJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by JadedWriter

This is true. I do believe when Banana finally reached her the mobile armor took over any way. At least he tried to reason with her. Riddhe was just like "finish her already." Granted I think she nuked half the city in the process of said reasoning.

It was stupid of banagher to try and talk to her. You don't have time to reason with someone who as you said is blowing the country to kingdom come just because you want to bang them. Now killing Marida, that was a dick move.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-10-2015, 05:45 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

It was stupid of banagher to try and talk to her. You don't have time to reason with someone who as you said is blowing the country to kingdom come just because you want to bang them. Now killing Marida, that was a dick move.

He wanted her like that? Damn Banagher get to know a woman first.
Shouta
(ノ`Д)ノ彡┻━┻
(04-10-2015, 05:51 PM)
Shouta's Avatar
I really need to get back to finishing my gunpla, lol
ultron87
Member
(04-10-2015, 06:31 PM)
ultron87's Avatar
Still need to finish my Sinanju. At some point there were like 10,000 decals to apply and I lost enthusiasm.
Ohmygoditsjrod
Banned
(04-10-2015, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

It was stupid of banagher to try and talk to her. You don't have time to reason with someone who as you said is blowing the country to kingdom come just because you want to bang them. Now killing Marida, that was a dick move.

That seems like a Newtype thing. Gotta try and save singular people who are destroying lives left and right. Fuck all those innocent people this 1 girl is more important.
Wubby
(04-10-2015, 06:38 PM)
Wubby's Avatar
Why was the title changed?
JadedWriter
Member
(04-10-2015, 06:40 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ohmygoditsjrod

That seems like a Newtype thing. Gotta try and save singular people who are destroying lives left and right. Fuck all those innocent people this 1 girl is more important.

Yep. Kamille did it with Four multiple times and Shinn with Stella (god I hate these two).
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(04-10-2015, 07:04 PM)
Man God's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tecl0n

That first cover for Turn A is frame worthy.

Honestly? I'm thinking of buying the DVDs just for the cover. Too expensive, no dub, not Blu-Ray but damn isn't the cover of part 1 hot.
Laputa_94
Member
(04-10-2015, 07:51 PM)
Laputa_94's Avatar
Shared post from figure GAF

Originally Posted by Laputa_94

Got around to finishing my master grade kit for Unicorn Gundam. Next on the list is Nu Gundam.

JadedWriter
Member
(04-10-2015, 07:54 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

Honestly? I'm thinking of buying the DVDs just for the cover. Too expensive, no dub, not Blu-Ray but damn isn't the cover of part 1 hot.

I bought them because they're cheaper on the early pre orders and because Gundam. I didn't want the 00 movie to be the last piece of Gundam media I would purchase. That and better show interest in these things before they stop coming.
Last edited by JadedWriter; 04-10-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Shun
Member
(04-10-2015, 08:25 PM)
Shun's Avatar

Originally Posted by Enron

get receipts?

It's definitely a thing, though. There are two RG Destiny kits now sitting on my desk with big red 50% B&N circle stickers on them. Just go find the clearance table (they might be stacked under it - that's how they were at my B&N).

I checked a 2nd B&N near my house and all the RGs were gone.

Edit: here we go

Yesssss, bless you Enron.

I picked up 2 RG Destiny, 1 RG Exia, and 1 RG Strike Freedom (not pictured) all for 50% off O(^∇^)O

I should try again and haggle for MG EW Deathscythe, Sengoku Astray, and Wing Zero Custom...

vas_a_morir
Banned
(04-11-2015, 07:57 AM)
vas_a_morir's Avatar


Transforming gundam, so it took a good long time to come to understand how to pose this thing in a stable but believable way. I'm 3/5s through the GATX series. The most fun build was probably Duel. The best executed build was Buster. I had major issues with Aegis, but once I actually got it finished and posed... damn if it isn't a satisfying model once you get it on the shelf.

Once I get an action base for it, the possibilities will open up big-time.

Here's a pic I took of my 10 dollar HG Remold version (A super fun quick build, actually!)

Last edited by vas_a_morir; 04-11-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(04-11-2015, 02:03 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar

Originally Posted by NEO0MJ

It's a giant GM with super robot powers so I guess?

Oh right, he does remind me of GM.

Originally Posted by CorvoSol

In a better version of Gundam Unicorn Judau Ashta and Amuro Rey join up in a two-man ZZ Gundam to fight Mineva Zabi as she rides around in the Ideon.

Hilariously enough Cosmo looks like Amuro with an afro.



Then again in the 70's a lot of characters look like Amuro.
Megalosaro
Member
(04-11-2015, 06:05 PM)
Megalosaro's Avatar
The Ideon terrifies me. Probably the most horrifying Mecha I've seen
JadedWriter
Member
(04-11-2015, 06:13 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar
Is Ideon worth watching?
Megalosaro
Member
(04-11-2015, 06:18 PM)
Megalosaro's Avatar
The show is okay. The high points are good. decent cast. The music is amazing, but I am biased since the composer, Koichi Sugiyama, is my favorite musician ever. The show kind of meanders here and there though.

Be Invoked is an amazing movie though. Probably one of the best anime films I've ever seen in my life. It's a snuff film for sure, but it is highly effective in what it seeks to do. Probably my favorite Tomino thing ever.
A Contact is a compilation movie. I don't know the quality or if it's good enough to skip the series though. I've only listened to its sound track. Sailing Fly is great
But that said, I saw it once and don't think I'll ever need to see it again. It's too draining.
Last edited by Megalosaro; 04-11-2015 at 06:21 PM.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-11-2015, 06:27 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

The show is okay. The high points are good. decent cast. The music is amazing, but I am biased since the composer, Koichi Sugiyama, is my favorite musician ever. The show kind of meanders here and there though.

Be Invoked is an amazing movie though. Probably one of the best anime films I've ever seen in my life. It's a snuff film for sure, but it is highly effective in what it seeks to do. Probably my favorite Tomino thing ever.
A Contact is a compilation movie. I don't know the quality or if it's good enough to skip the series though. I've only listened to its sound track. Sailing Fly is great
But that said, I saw it once and don't think I'll ever need to see it again. It's too draining.

I know I shouldn't get attached to the cast, but this sounds interesting. I know it'll either be this or VOTOMS as my next non gundam old robot show.
Megalosaro
Member
(04-11-2015, 06:31 PM)
Megalosaro's Avatar
I think overall I liked Ideon more. VOTOMS is great but I kind of lost interest during its third arc. It recovers, but doesn't reach the highs of its second arc, which is basically a better version of whatever bullshit 08th MS Team was trying.

I also recommend Dougram as an old school show. Fantastic villain in that series.,
JadedWriter
Member
(04-11-2015, 06:34 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

I think overall I liked Ideon more. VOTOMS is great but I kind of lost interest during its third arc. It recovers, but doesn't reach the highs of its second arc, which is basically a better version of whatever bullshit 08th MS Team was trying.

I also recommend Dougram as an old school show. Fantastic villain in that series.,

Dougram has very interesting mecha designs.
Boss Doggie
all my loli wolf companions are so moe
(04-11-2015, 06:57 PM)
Boss Doggie's Avatar
I never watched VOTOMS, does Chirico always make that deadpan uninterested expression every time?
Megalosaro
Member
(04-11-2015, 07:00 PM)
Megalosaro's Avatar

Originally Posted by Boss Doggie

I never watched VOTOMS, does Chirico always make that deadpan uninterested expression every time?

Definitely. But don't worry, he's a fun character and they play around with how stoic he is.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-11-2015, 07:10 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

Definitely. But don't worry, he's a fun character and they play around with how stoic he is.

Is it bad if I saw Armor Hunter mellowlink before VOTOMS?
Megalosaro
Member
(04-11-2015, 07:13 PM)
Megalosaro's Avatar
Not sure. I've only seen the original series, haven't touched any of the ovas. It might have spoiled some details but maybe nothing too Bad?
JadedWriter
Member
(04-11-2015, 07:28 PM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Megalosaro

Not sure. I've only seen the original series, haven't touched any of the ovas. It might have spoiled some details but maybe nothing too Bad?

Just dealt with finding the truth behind something called the planpandoll scandal.
RangerBAD
Member
(04-11-2015, 08:13 PM)
RangerBAD's Avatar
Watch Votoms first, then all the OVAs that involve Chirico. Then the spin-off OVAs. By not watching Votoms, you missed out on the best OP/ED ever so you can't enjoy all the subsequent redux versions in the OVAs.
Last edited by RangerBAD; 04-11-2015 at 08:19 PM.
distantmantra
Member
(04-11-2015, 09:16 PM)
distantmantra's Avatar

Originally Posted by RangerBAD

Watch Votoms first, then all the OVAs that involve Chirico. Then the spin-off OVAs. By not watching Votoms, you missed out on the best OP/ED ever so you can't enjoy all the subsequent redux versions in the OVAs.

I now have the VOTOMS theme song stuck in my head.

Not that that's a bad thing.
Sora_N
Member
(04-11-2015, 09:36 PM)
Sora_N's Avatar
Does MG Strike RM actually say Remastered? Or am I good if it talks about the HD Seed and is 2013 on the box?

Found a store selling for a decent price
Kwixotik
Member
(04-11-2015, 10:26 PM)
Kwixotik's Avatar
Glemy Toto is such a simp
Also Haman is cool as fuck cool enough to be my new avatar
PhiLonius
Member
(04-12-2015, 12:20 AM)
PhiLonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kwixotik

Glemy Toto is such a simp
Also Haman is cool as fuck cool enough to be my new avatar

*fist bump

Our ranks grow stronger.
vas_a_morir
Banned
(04-12-2015, 12:25 AM)
vas_a_morir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sora_N

Does MG Strike RM actually say Remastered? Or am I good if it talks about the HD Seed and is 2013 on the box?

Found a store selling for a decent price

EDIT: MG, oh. yes, it does say Remaster on it.
Last edited by vas_a_morir; 04-12-2015 at 12:40 AM.
Ohmygoditsjrod
Banned
(04-12-2015, 01:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Sora_N

Does MG Strike RM actually say Remastered? Or am I good if it talks about the HD Seed and is 2013 on the box?

Found a store selling for a decent price

If or says 2013 you should be good. The box for the RM looks like this.

Man God
Non-Canon Member
(04-12-2015, 02:31 AM)
Man God's Avatar
Gundam Wing does nothing amazingly well but does everything just well enough. It might be the most complete series that doesn't involve a peace time fighting competition.
Shun
Member
(04-12-2015, 02:32 AM)
Shun's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhiLonius

Even with a name change, the Riddhe hate runs eternal.

But seriously.....Fuck Riddhe!

Ohmygoditsjrod
Banned
(04-12-2015, 02:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Man God

Gundam Wing does nothing amazingly well but does everything just well enough. It might be the most complete series that doesn't involve a peace time fighting competition.

It does mobile suit designs amazingly well.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(04-12-2015, 02:36 AM)
Man God's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ohmygoditsjrod

It does mobile suit designs amazingly well.

That and music are its best areas, yes.
JadedWriter
Member
(04-12-2015, 02:51 AM)
JadedWriter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Man God

That and music are its best areas, yes.

I fucking love Ko Otani's soundtrack.
Shun
Member
(04-12-2015, 02:52 AM)
Shun's Avatar
Most of the Wing suits except for Tallgeese, Wing/Zero, Epyon are like refined G Gundam rejects.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(04-12-2015, 02:56 AM)
Man God's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shun

Most of the Wing suits except for Tallgeese, Wing/Zero, Epyon are like refined G Gundam rejects.

Entirely true. The real strength of Wings mobile suit designs are for the non Gundams. Best mook suits in the series.

Thread Tools