• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

R-User!
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:45 AM)
R-User!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by videodyssey

That IDEAS one is pretty neat. Speaking of Vader, looking forward to the DV transformation set coming out soon:

They forgot to rip his arms and legs off!
videodyssey
Member
(03-20-2017, 07:12 AM)
videodyssey's Avatar

Originally Posted by R-User!

They forgot to rip his arms and legs off!

Yeah but at least they are greyed out. To be honest, I'm surprised LEGO is even releasing a post-Mustafar Anakin minifig.

Close up of figure in question:

ghostmind
Slightly Aroused
(03-20-2017, 07:24 AM)
ghostmind's Avatar

Originally Posted by videodyssey

Yeah but at least they are greyed out. To be honest, I'm surprised LEGO is even releasing a post-Mustafar Anakin minifig.

Close up of figure in question:


It's not the first time...






Each iteration gets more graphic however.
Winnie the Pimp
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:19 AM)
Winnie the Pimp's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

Oh, dat two piece Vader helmet! Can make a good recreation of his death with that.



I...still need to see it. Just haven't had a chance to
. I have vacation this weekend. Might hit a matinee while my wife is working.


Wait...what?

Get on that ASAP, best movie of the year so far. I am only half joking too ;)

Seriously tough, i didn't expect much but it ended up being better than the Lego Movie for me which was already great! Somehow it was very divisive though and lots of

people i know didn't like it...
Ponn
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:31 AM)
Ponn's Avatar
Not buying that set without a "Nooooooooooooooooooo" sound brick.
Weevilone
Member
(03-20-2017, 02:02 PM)
Weevilone's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

I try to avoid buying PT sets, but this one will be an exception.

What does PT set mean?
wetwired
Member
(03-20-2017, 02:16 PM)
wetwired's Avatar
I started converting the Joker Low Rider for the Batcave display, what started a direct recolour with some fins went a bit further...

ghostmind
Slightly Aroused
(03-20-2017, 02:16 PM)
ghostmind's Avatar

Originally Posted by Weevilone

What does PT set mean?

Prequel Trilogy
DonShula
Member
(03-20-2017, 02:29 PM)
DonShula's Avatar

Originally Posted by videodyssey

$24.99

Looks like it has a similar mechanic to the Carbon Freezing Chamber set. Anakin on one side, Vader on the other.

Bricktoynews pics:

Given that the Death Star is $500, I'm glad Lego makes these small sets as a way to collect the popular minifigs without breaking the bank. My kids love the movies but will never buy a Death Star and weren't around for the original sets. They get really excited when they can buy these characters and they don't have to save their allowance for months to do it. I know the new land speeder set is the umpteenth release of it and those figures, but my son loves his and plays with it constantly. Same with the small Yoda ship.
Maklershed
Member
(03-20-2017, 03:14 PM)
Maklershed's Avatar
Do the Simpsons sets ever go on sale or are they frozen at $200?
iosefe
Member
(03-20-2017, 04:28 PM)
iosefe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maklershed

Do the Simpsons sets ever go on sale or are they frozen at $200?

never on sale
whatsinaname
Member
(03-20-2017, 04:31 PM)
whatsinaname's Avatar

Originally Posted by Maklershed

Do the Simpsons sets ever go on sale or are they frozen at $200?

Originally Posted by iosefe

never on sale

Surprisingly, they do get frequent sales on Amazon. Kwik-E-Mart is $180 right now and the house is $185.
iosefe
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:00 PM)
iosefe's Avatar

Originally Posted by whatsinaname

Surprisingly, they do get frequent sales on Amazon. Kwik-E-Mart is $180 right now and the house is $185.

sold by a reseller who likely found a way to get it really cheap such as with VIP points
whatsinaname
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:02 PM)
whatsinaname's Avatar

Originally Posted by iosefe

sold by a reseller who likely found a way to get it really cheap such as with VIP points

Oh, hadn't noticed that it was a 3rd party seller.
rokkerkory
Member
(03-20-2017, 05:27 PM)
rokkerkory's Avatar
I just ordered the U-Wing fighter on amazon. It's almost $20 off msrp and there was an option to delay the shipping a few days to get an additional $20 credit on amazon home services.

I caved lol
PalaceBrother
Member
(03-20-2017, 06:08 PM)
PalaceBrother's Avatar

Originally Posted by rokkerkory

I just ordered the U-Wing fighter on amazon. It's almost $20 off msrp and there was an option to delay the shipping a few days to get an additional $20 credit on amazon home services.

I caved lol

Great figs and a nice ship IMO. Good buy.
Ponn
Member
(03-20-2017, 08:53 PM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by wetwired

I started converting the Joker Low Rider for the Batcave display, what started a direct recolour with some fins went a bit further...

Almost looks like a hearse. Did you make a Bat-Hearse yet? Batman is always planning ahead, even for his own funeral.


edit: Your LEGOŽ order has shipped* *dances around the room* Yipppeeee! Wednesday delivery. Setting aside wednesday to build Silent Mary. If I had a camera setup I would actually livestream it.
Last edited by Ponn; 03-20-2017 at 09:16 PM.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-20-2017, 09:12 PM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ponn

Almost looks like a hearse. Did you make a Bat-Hearse yet? Batman is always planning ahead, even for his own funeral.

Haha.....funny!
wetwired
Member
(03-20-2017, 10:48 PM)
wetwired's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ponn

Almost looks like a hearse. Did you make a Bat-Hearse yet? Batman is always planning ahead, even for his own funeral.

If I run out of batmobiles to put on it I was tempted to batify an ectomobile
PhoncipleBone
Member
(03-20-2017, 11:32 PM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ponn

Almost looks like a hearse. Did you make a Bat-Hearse yet? Batman is always planning ahead, even for his own funeral.


edit: Your LEGOŽ order has shipped* *dances around the room* Yipppeeee! Wednesday delivery. Setting aside wednesday to build Silent Mary. If I had a camera setup I would actually livestream it.

You have a few days to build a tripod out of LEGO to use. I did that for my old time lapse stuff.
Ponn
Member
(03-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

You have a few days to build a tripod out of LEGO to use. I did that for my old time lapse stuff.

I still have this boxed i could build

TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:48 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
My latest LEGO purchase is set number 215. I had to do it just for the novelty value. Spoiler tagged cos it's probably racist.

Last edited by TheSecondSpitter; 03-21-2017 at 01:52 AM.
Taisaijin
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 02:24 AM)
Taisaijin's Avatar

Originally Posted by PalaceBrother

I was in deep with the Collectible Minifigs and needed to stop. I think I have a full set of the first 13 or 14 lines barring the Olympic ones. After being "clean" for a while the Batman line pulled me right back in.

God damn I was out of the CMF racket.. then, as always, swiping right on Craigs late at night and this lot shows up. Now I'm straight reddit swapping for garbage figs just to fill out a series. Completionists nightmare.

If yer not sucked in, stay far far away.

PhoncipleBone
Member
(03-21-2017, 03:35 AM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar
Silent Mary shipped. FedEx saying it will deliver tomorrow, but it still is in MS, so expecting it Wednesday afternoon. Should be a nice way to start my staycation.

But for now, I continue the Sandcrawler. Finally building it after buying it months ago off Amazon when it was cheap.
Ponn
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:32 AM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

Silent Mary shipped. FedEx saying it will deliver tomorrow, but it still is in MS, so expecting it Wednesday afternoon. Should be a nice way to start my staycation.

But for now, I continue the Sandcrawler. Finally building it after buying it months ago off Amazon when it was cheap.

*high five*

Who has 4 thumbs and is going to be having fun on Wednesday? These guys!!

I need some booze.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:39 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
LEGO IDEAS projects I'm currently in love with:

Hong Kong Street Food


Wizard Tower

The Flintstones (Best version)
Winnie the Pimp
Member
(03-21-2017, 08:56 AM)
Winnie the Pimp's Avatar
Damn, that tower puts the one i've built a while back to shame :(

for reference:




The surroundings especially (like that tree) are awesome, the roof is great as well, and the whole slender build is nice as well. As far as scale goes though, i don't believe for a second a minifig is able to live in that thing :P. Also, i bet it's really stable unlike mine which collapses when put a little pressure on it from the side lol...
_Rob_
Junior Member
(03-21-2017, 09:30 AM)
_Rob_'s Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

LEGO IDEAS projects I'm currently in love with:

*snip*


*snip*

*snip*

I would be more than happy with any of these, all good stuff!
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-21-2017, 11:28 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
I also really love

Medieval Watermill



The chimney smoke just puts it over the top, for me:
Last edited by TheSecondSpitter; 03-21-2017 at 11:31 AM.
DonShula
Member
(03-21-2017, 01:50 PM)
DonShula's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

My latest LEGO purchase is set number 215. I had to do it just for the novelty value. Spoiler tagged cos it's probably racist.

Man, times have changed. To Lego's credit, there's only one glaring thing about that set that's actually racist, and the rest could slide as historical.
SiegfriedFM
Member
(03-21-2017, 04:43 PM)
SiegfriedFM's Avatar

Originally Posted by DonShula

Man, times have changed. To Lego's credit, there's only one glaring thing about that set that's actually racist, and the rest could slide as historical.

I think I had parts of that set in my initial used batch of Lego. At least I had a few heads, and some oars and feathers. All those tended to break quickly though.

As for the Ideas projects, I don't think they stand a chance. The parts count on those buildings is insane. It's fine for an AFOL to pack 3000 parts into a tiny structure just for detailing (and using up the stock of parts that overflow the bins!), but it could never be profitable.
iosefe
Member
(03-21-2017, 05:47 PM)
iosefe's Avatar
I thought it was less expensive to use more small pieces rather than larger pieces.
Chiaroscuro
Member
(03-21-2017, 06:51 PM)
Chiaroscuro's Avatar
I really liked the Hong Kong Food Street and The Flintstones sets. I also believe those have real chances.

No way about the Wizard Tower and the Medieval Mill. Not only the piece count would be too high but also they will be instruction nightmares. For MOC they are cool but for official sets, no way.
judhudson
Member
(03-21-2017, 07:02 PM)
judhudson's Avatar
I have The Simpsons House that I put together then put back in the box. I don't really need it in my collection anymore. Before I toss it on Ebay, anyone at GAF interested? I dunno if $150 + shipping would be a good price, or too high (Shipping will more than likely be $20).
Located in Alabama, can post pics of it later when I get home from work.
Weevilone
Member
(03-21-2017, 08:57 PM)
Weevilone's Avatar
I got the Slave 1 package in.

So.. I'm not putting these together now. Our kids are at a young age where they are taking up waaaay too much space. Plus my son is in a between stage where he thinks Legos are for kids and he's too old (11). He still likes minifigs for whatever reason, but he's done with sets.

That being said he's a HUGE Star Wars nut and I know he'll come back to it, so I wanna grab the cool sets (Red 5 X-Wing, Tie, Slave 1 for now) so he and I can do them later. Naturally the wife thinks it's a dumb plan and daaaamn I forgot how big these boxes are. Would love to stash it away and postpone the dirty looks for later but I don't see it happening.

Between the kids' stuff (twins), the family video game fetish, my craft beer fetish, Lego Dimensions, and stuff like this.. I need to add a wing to the house.
Last edited by Weevilone; 03-21-2017 at 09:00 PM.
PhoncipleBone
Member
(03-21-2017, 10:19 PM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar
So, it seems the LEGO Fairy delivered with a quickness this time...



I still need to finish the Sandcrawler, but man, did they get this here quickly.
RyanardoDaVinci
Member
(03-22-2017, 01:22 AM)
RyanardoDaVinci's Avatar
The Gaping Galleon.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-22-2017, 01:31 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro

I really liked the Hong Kong Food Street and The Flintstones sets. I also believe those have real chances.

No way about the Wizard Tower and the Medieval Mill. Not only the piece count would be too high but also they will be instruction nightmares. For MOC they are cool but for official sets, no way.

Ordinarily I would agree with you on the piece count, but Old Fishing Store proves they are willing to stretch the limits of IDEAS. Also, I think Wizard Tower is a perfect fit for the AFOL demographic. Medieval Mill, otoh, is a very tight demographic, so it has no chance.
Ponn
Member
(03-22-2017, 01:43 AM)
Ponn's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

So, it seems the LEGO Fairy delivered with a quickness this time...



I still need to finish the Sandcrawler, but man, did they get this here quickly.

I'm jealous, mine said delivery for tomorrow but it sat all day yesterday on label created and they finally picked it up today and changed the date to thursday. They weren't in a rush to come to Florida I guess, can't blame them.
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-22-2017, 01:48 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
Putting the Lando minifig in the A-Wing set was the idea of a slimy, double-crossing, no-good swindler.
PhoncipleBone
Member
(03-22-2017, 02:08 AM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ponn

I'm jealous, mine said delivery for tomorrow but it sat all day yesterday on label created and they finally picked it up today and changed the date to thursday. They weren't in a rush to come to Florida I guess, can't blame them.

Might sideline the Sandcrawler until Silent Mary is done. I mean, I have put off Sandcrawler this long, what's a few days more?
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-22-2017, 03:33 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
What are the recommended mods on the Creator F40 ...somebody mentioned something about the headlights?
PhoncipleBone
Member
(03-22-2017, 03:34 AM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

What are the recommended mods on the Creator F40 ...somebody mentioned something about the headlights?

I recommend getting the Mini Cooper and VW Beetle to go along with it. :)

But really, no idea on mods. :(
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-22-2017, 03:36 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
I have the Mini Cooper. The Beetle can wait. As much as i love it, I'm a bit peeved about the surfboard issue. Also, it will probably be around until 2019.
PhoncipleBone
Member
(03-22-2017, 03:46 AM)
PhoncipleBone's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSecondSpitter

I have the Mini Cooper. The Beetle can wait. As much as i love it, I'm a bit peeved about the surfboard issue. Also, it will probably be around until 2019.

Surfboard issue?
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-22-2017, 04:25 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhoncipleBone

Surfboard issue?

The fact it can't be affixed to the car rack.
willp2003
Junior Member
(03-22-2017, 04:59 AM)
willp2003's Avatar
The Ideas project for The Office has reached 10k votes. As a fan, I'm happy about this, but not sure how popular it would be.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/120244
friskykillface
Member
(03-22-2017, 05:00 AM)
friskykillface's Avatar
I
DECLARE
BANKRUPTCYYYY!!!
TheSecondSpitter
Member
(03-22-2017, 05:05 AM)
TheSecondSpitter's Avatar
The bear should be black!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctTVcKNx8Rk
Rodney McKay
Member
(03-22-2017, 05:06 AM)
Rodney McKay's Avatar

Originally Posted by willp2003

The Ideas project for The Office has reached 10k votes. As a fan, I'm happy about this, but not sure how popular it would be.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/120244

I'm more of a Parks and Rec fan myself.

A little Parks Department diorama would be fantastic along with a great Ron Swanson minifig (and the rest of the gang of course)

Thread Tools