• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

ErasureAcer
Member
(03-04-2017, 04:43 PM)
ErasureAcer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Retromelon



Definitely have some genetic overlap.
Poodlestrike
Member
(03-04-2017, 04:52 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by chadskin

Man, they really are not so smart in this administration.

There’s Another Airport Security Incident in Trump Terrorism Guru Sebastian Gorka’s Past, Records Show

Oh my god.

Can you imagine how screwed we'd be if these guys weren't all idiots? Thank god for brain drain.
Manmademan
Member
(03-04-2017, 04:53 PM)
Manmademan's Avatar
can someone who is better than me at Twitter summarize this for the thread?

There appears to be some mindblowing stuff here.

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/st...10340579426304
LostMyNarbles
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:09 PM)
LostMyNarbles's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manmademan

can someone who is better than me at Twitter summarize this for the thread?

There appears to be some mindblowing stuff here.

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/st...10340579426304

He's basically going over what is already known. The FISA warrant has previously been reported on a number of times and supposedly it implicates Putin's daughters, Page, and Manafort and says it is a huge deal that it had to be requested to begin with. He then mentions that the Republican's are now coming out against surveillance powers only after Flynn was caught where we are now with the situation. This goes against Trump's administration who have stated they have no plans to change the system. He then mentions Senator Coons and says that his language yesterday implied that the documents the FBI has gathered prove that Trump's administration colluded with the Russian's, and he goes on to say that Coons is one of the Senator's who have been vehemently against the FISA since it violates privacy.

TLDR: FISA Has been reported on before and the fact it was requested suggests there is smoke and Republican's now hate the FISA because the FBI is using surveillance against them.
Ogodei
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:16 PM)
Ogodei's Avatar

Originally Posted by LostMyNarbles

He's basically going over what is already known. The FISA warrant has previously been reported on a number of times and supposedly it implicates Putin's daughters, Page, and Manafort and says it is a huge deal that it had to be requested to begin with. He then mentions that the Republican's are now coming out against surveillance powers only after Flynn was caught where we are now with the situation. This goes against Trump's administration who have stated they have no plans to change the system. He then mentions Senator Coons and says that his language yesterday implied that the documents the FBI has gathered prove that Trump's administration colluded with the Russian's, and he goes on to say that Coons is one of the Senator's who have been vehemently against the FISA since it violates privacy.

TLDR: FISA Has been reported on before and the fact it was requested suggests there is smoke and Republican's now hate the FISA because the FBI is using surveillance against them.

Folks will never question FISA and the surveillance state again if it turns out a traitor got elected President and wiretaps were the only way to reveal that.

Not that i'm comfortable with that, but this is the sort of bad-spy-novel stuff that was used to justify the surveillance state, come to life.
Box of Kittens
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:27 PM)
Box of Kittens's Avatar
The difference in Trump since that speech is incredible. He really became the president at that moment, guys.
Ogodei
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:28 PM)
Ogodei's Avatar

Originally Posted by Box of Kittens

The difference in Trump since that speech is incredible. He really became the president at that moment, guys.

Van Jones got shit moments after making that comment and has continued to do so every day after.
TheLaughingStock
Banned
(03-04-2017, 05:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Ogodei

Folks will never question FISA and the surveillance state again if it turns out a traitor got elected President and wiretaps were the only way to reveal that.

Not that i'm comfortable with that, but this is the sort of bad-spy-novel stuff that was used to justify the surveillance state, come to life.

People will definitely still question FISA based on how often they approve and reject requests, the fact it's not transparent, etc.
royalan
Lotus Member
(03-04-2017, 05:30 PM)
royalan's Avatar
The shitting on of Van Jones by the left has almost approached Matt Lauer levels this morning. I live.
Tall4Life
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:30 PM)
Tall4Life's Avatar

Originally Posted by Box of Kittens

The difference in Trump since that speech is incredible. He really became the president at that moment, guys.

I'm glad we can finally unite around him so he can continue to do good for our great nation. All hail President Trump!
Teggy
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:32 PM)
Teggy's Avatar
I don't understand why Van Jones said all that. He was great during the election.
Randolph Freelander
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:42 PM)
Randolph Freelander's Avatar
That feeling when your president is on crystal meth.
Mighty Chin
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:48 PM)
Mighty Chin's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teggy

I don't understand why Van Jones said all that. He was great during the election.

Im pretty sure Van would love to take it back. He can turn this around still.
Teggy
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:50 PM)
Teggy's Avatar
I love this

Ken Dilanian‏ @KenDilanianNBC

A senior US official tells @NBCNightlyNews' Pete Williams that he and others in a position to know have no idea what Trump is talking about.
12:24 PM · Mar 4, 2017

And everyone already knows he got it from Breitbart.
Slime
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:51 PM)
Slime's Avatar
http://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-2

Dozens of us!
Lmo911
Member
(03-04-2017, 05:57 PM)
Lmo911's Avatar
So when the House decided to block access to Trumps tax returns and it turns out all the horrors of the dossier are true... how does that break down legally?
RastaMentality
Member
(03-04-2017, 06:01 PM)
RastaMentality's Avatar
EDIT: wait nvm
Last edited by RastaMentality; 03-04-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Dominican Power
Member
(03-04-2017, 06:03 PM)
Dominican Power's Avatar

Originally Posted by FyreWulff

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/03/politi...ion/index.html

DHS released a report that finds that most violent extremists are radicalized in the US, not outside of it.

Of course not. 2nd generation immigrants are the ones that have the pressure of assimilating completely but also still having a connection to their homeland. It's hard to juggle.
Wanda/Wander
Member
(03-04-2017, 06:14 PM)
Wanda/Wander's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lmo911

So when the House decided to block access to Trumps tax returns and it turns out all the horrors of the dossier are true... how does that break down legally?

If Trump gets impeached and all the Russia stuff is true, then the republicans get punished by having having Paul Ryan become president.

So, yeah...
IggyChooChoo
Member
(03-04-2017, 06:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Wanda/Wander

If Trump gets impeached and all the Russia stuff is true, then the republicans get punished by having having Paul Ryan become president.

So, yeah...

If Trump gets impeached and removed, there's no way for the rest of the GOP to do it cleanly. They'll get massively tarnished, too. And Trump will go berserk against them if they betray him. It will be chaos.
Vixdean
Member
(03-04-2017, 06:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Wanda/Wander

If Trump gets impeached and all the Russia stuff is true, then the republicans get punished by having having Paul Ryan become president.

So, yeah...

Well it will use up basically the entire legislative session, hamstring policy, and make it very tricky to support anything President Putin ever said he wanted. Remember, Trump has publically tied himself at the hip with Ryan, proclaiming that he will sign anything he passes. He's just as tainted as anyone.
Teggy
Member
(03-04-2017, 06:31 PM)
Teggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nordicus

Ghost Stories dub was stuff of legends.

And yes, for those who don't know, the dubbing company turned a mediocre kids' horror show into basically the first "Abridged" show and got away with it.

OMG, this is hilarious. Is it worth watching the whole thing?
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(03-04-2017, 06:40 PM)
FyreWulff's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dominican Power

Of course not. 2nd generation immigrants are the ones that have the pressure of assimilating completely but also still having a connection to their homeland. It's hard to juggle.

It's also the easiest country to recruit people into gangs due to the First Amendment.
ItWasMeantToBe19
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:10 PM)
ItWasMeantToBe19's Avatar
Georgia re-gerrymandered their legislature four years before they were supposed to, lol. Cowards.
NeoXChaos
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:15 PM)
NeoXChaos's Avatar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsYeeNywXL4&t=6m47s

How did I not know about this anime dub. It's so old yet so good. It's abridged before abridged.

Lol Supreme Court reference.
Ogodei
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:27 PM)
Ogodei's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeoXChaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsYeeNywXL4&t=6m47s

How did I not know about this anime dub. It's so old yet so good. It's abridged before abridged.

Lol Supreme Court reference.

It's a little played out if you watch it now just because the concept has been done so much. Same time, some of the episodes are really good. I remember watching it in anime club back in 2011 in undergrad.
Nordicus
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:31 PM)
Nordicus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teggy

OMG, this is hilarious. Is it worth watching the whole thing?

Oh yeah, it is.

Originally Posted by NeoXChaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsYeeNywXL4&t=6m47s

How did I not know about this anime dub. It's so old yet so good. It's abridged before abridged.

Lol Supreme Court reference.

It's weird, the dub's rewritten raunchy comedy script should have made it infamous but even in anime circles I don't think many know of it.

Village
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:35 PM)
Village's Avatar
There were a couple shows that did that.

One of my favorite examples is duel master, which started to try, but Imagine the game didn't take off the dub studio was just told to do whatever they wanted, and the dub went fucking nuts.
Sibylus
shoot bullets from her arse
(03-04-2017, 07:36 PM)
Sibylus's Avatar
Good morning, all.

(The world didn't end during the night, so I'm counting my blessings)
ItWasMeantToBe19
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:43 PM)
ItWasMeantToBe19's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sibylus

Good morning, all.

(The world didn't end during the night, so I'm counting my blessings)

Are you sure?
Sibylus
shoot bullets from her arse
(03-04-2017, 07:43 PM)
Sibylus's Avatar

Originally Posted by ItWasMeantToBe19

Are you sure?

If this is hell, I think we can all take a sigh of relief.
Valhelm
contribute something
(03-04-2017, 07:45 PM)
Valhelm's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dominican Power

Of course not. 2nd generation immigrants are the ones that have the pressure of assimilating completely but also still having a connection to their homeland. It's hard to juggle.

Right. This is especially reflected in Europe. If identifying with your ancestral culture is your form of resistance against homogenizing forces, it makes sense that a fraction of the youth will embrace regressive ancestral ideologies.

We saw this on a grander scale in the last century. A lot of anti-imperialist forces were unfortunately pretty regressive in some aspects, because they saw pre-colonial hierarchies as liberating. In the Middle East for instance, most anti-imperialist movements have been ethnonationalist or Islamist.
Vimes
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:49 PM)
Vimes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manmademan

can someone who is better than me at Twitter summarize this for the thread?

There appears to be some mindblowing stuff here.

https://twitter.com/justinhendrix/st...10340579426304

Originally Posted by Matthew Miller

By confirming it publicly, Trump has also pretty much guaranteed no one can be charged for leaking the existence of this FISA warrant. Oops!

It would be absolutely incredible if there was a wiretap, and Trump accidentally exposed it by parroting some made-up shit he read on Breitbart.
Officerrob
Member
(03-04-2017, 07:59 PM)
Officerrob's Avatar
It won't happen, but I wan't to live in a world where this pisses Michelle Obama off enough to get her politically motivated
Village
Member
(03-04-2017, 08:01 PM)
Village's Avatar

Originally Posted by Officerrob

It won't happen, but I wan't to live in a world where this pisses Michelle Obama off enough to get her politically motivated

we need to find her poltical yamato
Kusagari
Member
(03-04-2017, 08:23 PM)
Kusagari's Avatar
Is there any way Trump actually nominates all the judiciary appointments he could have by 2020?

I can't see it happening with how slow he is to do anything.
jelly
Member
(03-04-2017, 08:32 PM)
jelly's Avatar

Originally Posted by Officerrob

It won't happen, but I wan't to live in a world where this pisses Michelle Obama off enough to get her politically motivated

I think she clearly doesn't like how politics works in America. She would just be blocked like Obama x10 probably for being a women and black.
kirblar
Member
(03-04-2017, 08:33 PM)
kirblar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kusagari

Is there any way Trump actually nominates all the judiciary appointments he could have by 2020?

I can't see it happening with how slow he is to do anything.

Zero.
Doc Holliday
SPOILER: Columbus finds America
(03-04-2017, 08:34 PM)
Doc Holliday's Avatar
Carter page is one weird dude, like why even give interviews?
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
(03-04-2017, 08:36 PM)
Tamanon's Avatar
I'm honestly shocked Page is even giving interviews. I mean, I can't see the Trump team asking him to go do press, and his lawyer surely isn't.
StopMakingSense
Member
(03-04-2017, 08:52 PM)
StopMakingSense's Avatar

Originally Posted by Doc Holliday

Carter page is one weird dude, like why even give interviews?

Get your face out there so if anything strange happens to you it looks super bad.
Officerrob
Member
(03-04-2017, 08:54 PM)
Officerrob's Avatar

Originally Posted by StopMakingSense

Get your face out there so if anything strange happens to you it looks super bad.

Carter Page does look the the lowest level guy who knows FAR too much
Doc Holliday
SPOILER: Columbus finds America
(03-04-2017, 09:06 PM)
Doc Holliday's Avatar

Originally Posted by Officerrob

Carter Page does look the the lowest level guy who knows FAR too much

The guy does look scared as fuck in these interviews lol
RastaMentality
Member
(03-04-2017, 09:12 PM)
RastaMentality's Avatar
do y'all really wanna see russia defame a black woman who is also an Obama? not i
Tranqueris
Member
(03-04-2017, 09:19 PM)
Sounds like they're gonna try to use the travel ban on Monday to distract everyone from Sessions.
sc0la
Member
(03-04-2017, 09:26 PM)
sc0la's Avatar

Originally Posted by jelly

I think she clearly doesn't like how politics works in America. She would just be blocked like Obama x10 probably for being a women and black.

Don't forget the tyranny of encouraging excercise and promoting healthy school lunches.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(03-04-2017, 09:28 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tranqueris

Sounds like they're gonna try to use the travel ban on Monday to distract everyone from Sessions.

Oh boy. They really want to do this again.
ItWasMeantToBe19
Member
(03-04-2017, 09:38 PM)
ItWasMeantToBe19's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tranqueris

Sounds like they're gonna try to use the travel ban on Monday to distract everyone from Sessions.

They can distract away from the Russia story with Trump getting owned in the courts again and then another Trump associate (guessing Ben Carson) will have a story about being involved with Russia a week later.

Not a very effective distraction, honestly.
sc0la
Member
(03-04-2017, 09:44 PM)
sc0la's Avatar

Originally Posted by ItWasMeantToBe19

They can distract away from the Russia story with Trump getting owned in the courts again and then another Trump associate (guessing Ben Carson) will have a story about being involved with Russia a week later.

Not a very effective distraction, honestly.

I doubt Carson would get implicated on Russia ties. He was asleep at the time.
Source: It's Ben "Sleepy Dwarf" Carson.
Carpe Libertatem
Member
(03-04-2017, 10:09 PM)
Carpe Libertatem's Avatar

Originally Posted by sc0la

Don't forget the tyranny of encouraging excercise and promoting healthy school lunches.

The real reason why she won't run. All those kids she took Doritos from will be able to vote in 2020

Thread Tools