• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SlickShoesRUCrazy
(03-20-2017, 11:27 PM)

Originally Posted by studyguy

Tammy Lauren suspended from TheBlaze.

Conservative media maed af

i wonder if the pressure of keeping up her act caught up to her.

Time for another brain washing or a salary increase?
JP_
(03-20-2017, 11:40 PM)

Originally Posted by CygnusXS

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/stat...10949681664001

Well duh, he thinks he's just investigating the leakers
smokeymicpot
Beat EviLore at pool.
(03-20-2017, 11:42 PM)

Originally Posted by SlickShoesRUCrazy

i wonder if the pressure of keeping up her act caught up to her.

Time for another brain washing or a salary increase?

I can see her going to Fox News or something.
Sibylus
Banned
(03-20-2017, 11:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Dubbedinenglish

Fire Tomi Imprison Trump Eat O'Leary
Dan
No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
(03-21-2017, 12:03 AM)
First Daughter Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office

WASHINGTON — Cementing her role as a powerful White House influence, Ivanka Trump is working out of a West Wing office and will get access to classified information, though she is not technically serving as a government employee, according to an attorney for the first daughter.

Since President Donald Trump took office, his eldest daughter has been a visible presence in the White House, where her husband, Jared Kushner, already serves as a senior adviser. On Friday, she participated in a meeting on vocational training with the president and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Jamie Gorelick, an attorney and ethics adviser for Ivanka Trump, said Monday that the first daughter will not have an official title, but will get a West Wing office, government-issued communications devices and security clearance to access classified information. Gorelick said Ivanka Trump would follow the ethics rules that apply to government employees.

A person with knowledge of Ivanka Trump's thinking, who requested anonymity to discuss private conversations, said she believes she can offer more independent perspective to her father by not serving as a White House staffer.

Get the hell out of here with this bullshit.
Blader
(03-21-2017, 12:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Bonen no Max'd

On mobile but I just saw on Twitter Bennet doesn't want to filibuster Gorsuch because "two wrongs don't make a right." I remember Carper saying similar statements, are there any other Democrats who think we shouldn't filibuster?

Bennet is in a uniquely difficult situation re: Gorsuch.

I go back and forth on whether Dems should filibuster and force McConnell to nuke it or whether to let this one go and save that capital for a conservative replacement for Kennedy/Ginsburg/Breyer. But right now I'm leaning towards filibuster and force a rules change from McConnell, because really, what good is the filibuster if you're not going to use it? If you're too afraid of a rules change to invoke it, then it may as well not even be there. And as much as it would fuck us if the GOP began ushering in one uber conservative justice after another with a simple majority vote, those tables will turn -- in 2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years, however long it takes -- someday, there will be another Democratic president and a Democratic Senate majority with a SCOTUS appointment or two on their hands, and at that point you can just bring in all the liberal firebrands you want.
Wilsongt
(03-21-2017, 12:10 AM)

Certainly we shouldn’t have left. We should never ever have left,” Trump told Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi at the White House. “And a vacuum was created, and we discussed what happened.”

"obama left, so we should have stayed"
shinra-bansho
ʌǝʞ2ʎ
(03-21-2017, 12:12 AM)

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/stat...10949681664001

Nunes is a busy Congressman and probably hasn't seen The Babadook.
Hindl
(03-21-2017, 12:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Wilsongt

"obama left, so we should have stayed"

But he said he didn't support the invasion of Iraq and it was a disaster
Vestal
(03-21-2017, 12:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Dan

First Daughter Ivanka Trump Gets West Wing Office

Get the hell out of here with this bullshit.

NNNNNNEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSMMMMMM!!!!!!!
Bonen no Max'd
(03-21-2017, 12:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Blader

Bennet is in a uniquely difficult situation re: Gorsuch.

I go back and forth on whether Dems should filibuster and force McConnell to nuke it or whether to let this one go and save that capital for a conservative replacement for Kennedy/Ginsburg/Breyer. But right now I'm leaning towards filibuster and force a rules change from McConnell, because really, what good is the filibuster if you're not going to use it? If you're too afraid of a rules change to invoke it, then it may as well not even be there. And as much as it would fuck us if the GOP began ushering in one uber conservative justice after another with a simple majority vote, those tables will turn -- in 2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years, however long it takes -- someday, there will be another Democratic president and a Democratic Senate majority with a SCOTUS appointment or two on their hands, and at that point you can just bring in all the liberal firebrands you want.

Bennet just got uncontroversially reelected and managed to win in the Tea Party wave, he shouldn't be worried about reelection. If he's just going to do the Republican's job for them, he should probably switch parties.
Joe Shlabotnik
(03-21-2017, 12:23 AM)
They're literally giving her an office at the White House to hang out and do whatever lol
CygnusXS
will gain confidence one day
(03-21-2017, 12:28 AM)
Any chance Ivanka can get denied access to classified info? Cause... she has clear connections to people under federal investigation for treason?
ItWasMeantToBe19
(03-21-2017, 12:32 AM)
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...changes-236278

The House has put together a bill that says "and $75 billion comes from magic to help the old, good luck finding the funding for it, Senate."
Drkirby
Corporate Apologist
(03-21-2017, 12:38 AM)
I still don't see that bill making it past the Senate, if it even makes it beyond the House.
Joe Shlabotnik
(03-21-2017, 12:40 AM)
It would be the stupidest Trump could possibly do anyway, but Chris Matthews just said Comey can't be fired without cause, regardless.
Chumley
Banned
(03-21-2017, 12:40 AM)
WHY IS DONALD HAVING A RALLY RIGHT NOW

SMH
Loxley
(03-21-2017, 12:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Chumley

WHY IS DONALD HAVING A RALLY RIGHT NOW

SMH

I guarantee you it's to counter the negative waves from the Comey briefing. He needs his cock ego stroked anytime there's a wave of negative press about him and his administration.
chadskin
(03-21-2017, 12:46 AM)
NORTH KOREA.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Rebel Leader
THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
(03-21-2017, 12:51 AM)
What plane is he talking about?
Futurevoid
stealth sex brag incoming
(03-21-2017, 12:57 AM)
"Where are they getting the steel?"

Not the fucking US you lying ****.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...mp-pledge.html
CygnusXS
(03-21-2017, 01:03 AM)
Thing 1

In Louisville tonight, Pres. Trump says he can't wait to finish health care and get to trade. "Oh, I'm looking fwd to these trade deals."

Thing 2

Mark Meadows said it's clear negotiations are OVER on ObamaCare repeal and it won't have the votes to pass Thursday.

So, no major legislation will be passed in this session.
Rebel Leader
THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
(03-21-2017, 01:04 AM)
Did trump just say that illegal immagration is down 61% since inaguartation?

If that's true.. we dont need the wall
Blader
(03-21-2017, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Bonen no Max'd

Bennet just got uncontroversially reelected and managed to win in the Tea Party wave, he shouldn't be worried about reelection. If he's just going to do the Republican's job for them, he should probably switch parties.

You kind of undercut your opposition to a SCOTUS choice when you introduce said SCOTUS choice at his confirmation hearing.

Thing 1

Thing 2

So, no major legislation will be passed in this session.

But...

Jessie Hellmann‏ @jessiehellmann 1h1 hour ago
Also says HFC won't take position against it

So HFC won't oppose it, but the bill doesn't have the votes to pass? huh?
CygnusXS
(03-21-2017, 01:11 AM)

But...

So HFC won't oppose it, but the bill doesn't have the votes to pass? huh?

Apparently not

The 40-member Freedom Caucus will not take a formal stance against the bill, but Meadows said he's confident that there are enough "no" votes within his caucus to prevent the measure from passing.

metalslimer
(03-21-2017, 01:14 AM)
Meaning it won't even go to a vote I guess?
balladofwindfishes
(03-21-2017, 01:15 AM)

Originally Posted by metalslimer

Meaning it won't even go to a vote I guess?

How embarrassing

7 years of promising this bill, with complete unchecked power and they go and do this haha
Got the Shakes
(03-21-2017, 01:16 AM)

Originally Posted by Rebel Leader

Did trump just say that illegal immagration is down 61% since inaguartation?

If that's true.. we dont need the wall

Yes he did. How exactly is it that they are exactly quantifying the decrease in illegal immigration? Seems like that would be awfully tough to do accurately especially from one month to the next.
Fenderputty
(03-21-2017, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by balladofwindfishes

How embarrassing

7 years of promising this bill, with complete unchecked power and they go and do this haha

You forgot to tell include Trumps top tier negotiation skills.
Aaron Strife
Honk if you love cookies.
(03-21-2017, 01:30 AM)

Originally Posted by balladofwindfishes

How embarrassing

They won't even be able to blame it on the filibuster, which I fully expect they were planning to do.
pigeon
fuck yo restraining order
(03-21-2017, 01:30 AM)
I'm seeing tweets that suggest this bill will actually pass the House. Still not sounding good in the Senate, though. Maybe they'll pass something else and go to conference.
nature boy
(03-21-2017, 01:38 AM)
So he golfs and does rallies.

And it's totally fine.
ErasureAcer
Banned
(03-21-2017, 01:46 AM)
Ronald Grump. /dead.
Blader
(03-21-2017, 01:48 AM)
I still fully expect House Rs to fall in line and pass the bill, especially after Trump visits the Hill tomorrow.
neurosisxeno
(03-21-2017, 01:58 AM)

Originally Posted by studyguy

Tammy Lauren suspended from TheBlaze.

Conservative media maed af

Kind of a shame, because Tomi Lahren was actually in the right with her statement. It's hard to justify being "small government" and then want them legislating who you can love and what people can do to their bodies. I imagine a lot of her target demographic--Conservative Millenials, largely male--probably agree with her. This is going to hurt Conservatism going forward, and I'm completely okay with that...
Plinko
Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(03-21-2017, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by pigeon

I'm seeing tweets that suggest this bill will actually pass the House. Still not sounding good in the Senate, though. Maybe they'll pass something else and go to conference.

Amash is 100% positive it isn't passing the House as is.
Aaron Strife
Honk if you love cookies.
(03-21-2017, 02:21 AM)

I still fully expect House Rs to fall in line and pass the bill, especially after Trump visits the Hill tomorrow.

Yeah, I won't get too excited until it actually fails in the floor vote, or Ryan withdraws the bill or something. Can't trust the Republicans as far as you can throw them.
Plinko
Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(03-21-2017, 02:23 AM)

Steve Kopack
Steve Kopack‏ @SteveKopack

Reuters reporting exclusively: Rex Tillerson is going to skip the NATO meeting on April 5 and 6 and will visit Russia in late April

I cannot believe how aloof and/or defiant this administration is.
Bam Bam Baklava
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
(03-21-2017, 02:23 AM)
It will pass one way or another.
UberTag
Banned
(03-21-2017, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Plinko

They're going to carry out their objectives to weaken both the country and its government institutions until someone stops them by force. Or the voters throw down the gauntlet.
Blader
(03-21-2017, 02:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Plinko

Maybe better that Tillerson doesn't embarrass himself in front of NATO members.
Y2Kev
TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
(03-21-2017, 02:28 AM)
It'll pass. WELCOME NEW HEALTHCARE etc
royalan
Lotus Member
(03-21-2017, 02:28 AM)

Maybe better that Tillerson doesn't embarrass himself in front of NATO members.

So instead he'll go visit his buddy Putin?

We're already an embarrassment.
Owzers
(03-21-2017, 02:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

yep, i mean right now they are making it worse to attract more votes, senate republicans aren't going to hold out for Medicaid.
Diablos
(03-21-2017, 02:45 AM)

Originally Posted by ItWasMeantToBe19

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...changes-236278

The House has put together a bill that says "and $75 billion comes from magic to help the old, good luck finding the funding for it, Senate."

What the fuck. Are you kidding me.

ACA is really on thin ice. I hate this

They might not have the votes for Thurs but one way or another this is passing
RustyNails
with arms wide open / under the sunlight / welcome to this place / i'll show you everythaaaang
(03-21-2017, 02:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Y2Kev

I say let it pass. Let them lie in their own bed.
Diablos
(03-21-2017, 03:10 AM)

Originally Posted by RustyNails

I say let it pass. Let them lie in their own bed.

People will die. No.
A Human Becoming
More than a Member
(03-21-2017, 03:12 AM)
Ryan has huge balls to keep the scheduled vote Thursday after the negative reaction and changes made not fixing the main problems with the bill. I continue to be baffled by the position he's putting his party in. Is polarization really so strong that after getting fucked over people will still vote Republican in 2018 and 2020?
ugaboga232
(03-21-2017, 03:17 AM)
Please no awful healthcare bills even if the irony is ripe. Some of us are going to have to pick up the pieces.