• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Myke Greywolf
Ambassador of Goodwill
(05-26-2014, 03:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Village

Yo I think gaf blocked deviant art or something.

Oh wait... I think what is meant to be blocked is ******* (Russia Times) and this is a side-effect.
Last edited by Myke Greywolf; 05-26-2014 at 04:26 AM.
Cheerilee
(05-26-2014, 04:34 AM)
Yep. I saw in another thread that Nintendo World Report (formerly Planet GameCube) is another casualty caught in the crossfire, because their address ends with "rt . com".
Chuck
Still without luck
(05-26-2014, 04:37 AM)
and fixed

http://www.deviantart.com/art/YowaPe...niwa-433677290
$200
Banned
(05-26-2014, 11:34 AM)

Originally Posted by PaulloDEC

Technically neat, but I really don't like the kind of art that reduces the characters like that. They're not housecats.

I'm sure Pinkie wouldn't mind it.
PaulloDEC
(05-26-2014, 11:47 AM)

Originally Posted by $200

I'm sure Pinkie wouldn't mind it.

For about five seconds, maybe. Then she'd be off like a shot to do wacky Pinkie stuff. She isn't exactly known for her ability to sit still.

Also, great GIF.
Last edited by PaulloDEC; 05-26-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Myke Greywolf
Ambassador of Goodwill
(05-27-2014, 04:19 AM)

Originally Posted by WulfMagnusson

New thread, YAY!

Just might have to drop in more often. ;)

Consider this your incentive.

Owlowiscious
(05-27-2014, 06:10 AM)
*hoots Myke out of the way*

LOOK WHAT CAPPY DREW

novenD
(05-27-2014, 06:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Myke Greywolf

Looking good, but I'm not sure I can get over Alicorn OCs.

(sorry wulf)
$200
Banned
(05-27-2014, 09:39 AM)

Is it bad that I almost want a body pillow of this?
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-27-2014, 01:57 PM)
Yes.
PaulloDEC
(05-27-2014, 02:32 PM)
I feel like wanting any kind of body pillow is probably a bad thing. Unless you're like, a pillow collector or something.

Cake. Both blessing and curse.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-27-2014, 02:36 PM)
Raising the sun is great exercise. That's why she can enjoy all the cake she wants.
Myke Greywolf
Ambassador of Goodwill
(05-27-2014, 03:04 PM)

Originally Posted by novenD

(sorry wulf)

There's room in this party for every kind of pony but I'm not fond of it as well.
WulfMagnusson
(05-27-2014, 03:04 PM)

Indeed!

Great pic!!

I know what I'll be working on tonight.

(sorry wulf)

Its all good.

Since my fursona can fly and has magic, I couldn't just pick unicorn or Pegasus. *shrugs*
Last edited by WulfMagnusson; 05-27-2014 at 03:11 PM.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-27-2014, 04:07 PM)

(sorry wulf)

Yeah, Alicorn OC just seems egotistical. Pick one.

Looks good otherwise but they're ponies, not super heroes (except for that one time).
Last edited by DrForester; 05-27-2014 at 04:18 PM.
Myke Greywolf
Ambassador of Goodwill
(05-27-2014, 06:00 PM)

Originally Posted by WulfMagnusson

Its all good.

Since my fursona can fly and has magic, I couldn't just pick unicorn or Pegasus. *shrugs*

We could always ship your ponysona with Princess Primavera Brighteyes Joie-de-Vivre, our unofficial second-string mascot. (Just be sure not to let her know that she's second-string OR a mascot, though, or she'll make glue out of his hooves and make him watch it before any of us have time to say "TO THE MOOOOOON!").
Last edited by Myke Greywolf; 05-27-2014 at 11:20 PM.
WulfMagnusson
(05-28-2014, 03:08 AM)

We could always ship your ponysona with Princess Primavera Brighteyes Joie-de-Vivre, our unofficial second-string mascot. (Just be sure not to let her know that she's second-string OR a mascot, though, or she'll make glue out of his hooves and make him watch it before any of us have time to say "TO THE MOOOOOON!").

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. ;P

The only time I ever used that OC was for one pic which was a large group pic and my avatar here. No story, no shipping, just did as a fun thing back in 2011.

http://thedarkwolf.deviantart.com/ar...tyle-263652926

Originally Posted by DrForester

That's okay, Princess Luna is best Princess anyway. ;P
Last edited by WulfMagnusson; 05-28-2014 at 03:11 AM.
PaulloDEC
(05-29-2014, 04:27 AM)

Don't do it Derpy, it's a trap!
$200
Banned
(05-29-2014, 12:13 PM)

Season 10 confirmed
Village
(05-29-2014, 12:42 PM)

Season 10 confirmed

is this actually in that game?

I might buy that game.

I was planning to anyway, but I have been hearing goodish things.
Last edited by Village; 05-29-2014 at 12:45 PM.
How About No
(05-29-2014, 05:38 PM)

Is it bad that I almost want a body pillow of this?

That would be adorable if the idea of animu body pillows weren't so fucking weird
$200
Banned
(05-29-2014, 08:37 PM)

Originally Posted by How About No

That would be adorable if the idea of animu body pillows weren't so fucking weird

*username quote*
Tenumi
(05-29-2014, 08:44 PM)
On the plus side, both Pony and Human dash are very well drawn.
$200
Banned
(05-30-2014, 03:07 AM)

brb getting a xbox

Originally Posted by Village

is this actually in that game?

I might buy that game.

I was planning to anyway, but I have been hearing goodish things.

Last I checked (that Reddit thread) it was neither confirmed real or fake.
PaulloDEC
(05-30-2014, 03:48 AM)
Just finished reading the new issue (#19) of the mainline MLP comic. If anyone's wondering, the hot streak is still in full effect as far as I'm concerned. The two-worlds story is still really neat, and there's tons of great art, fun call-backs and authentic character moments.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-30-2014, 04:07 AM)
I am worried that they've left too much for the final issue. Also a little let down that it just ignores the defeat of Sombra, which would have taken place right in the middle of their courtship. Romance also seems a little too cut and dry. I was expecting Mirror Luna to be the reason Celestia kept going to the other world, and the romance developing from those trips.

That final frame was incredible, though.
PaulloDEC
(05-30-2014, 04:19 AM)

I am worried that they've left too much for the final issue. Also a little let down that it just ignores the defeat of Sombra, which would have taken place right in the middle of their courtship. Romance also seems a little too cut and dry. I was expecting Mirror Luna to be the reason Celestia kept going to the other world, and the romance developing from those trips.

To be honest, the defeat of Evil Sombra was a bit of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kinda deal. Celestia wasn't even there; perhaps with good reason, considering her relationship with Good Sombra.

The romance is pretty straightforward, but I can deal with that given the other plot threads they're trying to weave at the same time. It's interesting the way the comic writers are interpreting Celestia as more of a regular pony than the regal demi-god Celestia we've got on the show. I think the closest we've come to comic Celestia on TV was the notorious cake photo.

Evil Celestia and Evil Luna are by far the weakest part of the story so far for me. They could be almost anyone at this point, generic villain-type characters. I did like that Evil Luna had an evil version of Tibbles, though.
Last edited by PaulloDEC; 05-30-2014 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Added some spoiler tags.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-30-2014, 04:38 AM)

To be honest, the defeat of Evil Sombra was a bit of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kinda deal. Celestia wasn't even there; perhaps with good reason, considering her relationship with Good Sombra.

The romance is pretty straightforward, but I can deal with that given the other plot threads they're trying to weave at the same time. It's interesting the way the comic writers are interpreting Celestia as more of a regular pony than the regal demi-god Celestia we've got on the show. I think the closest we've come to comic Celestia on TV was the notorious cake photo.

Evil Celestia and Evil Luna are by far the weakest part of the story so far for me. They could be almost anyone at this point, generic villain-type characters. I did like that Evil Luna had an evil version of Tibbles, though.

Except for the whole "The show showed Celestia and Luna defeat him, and Sombra made the Empire vanish before he fell" thing. How the heck do you get that Celestia wasn't there? It sounds as silly as some fan animation that ignored the show because they want to say Luna defeated him on her own.
Last edited by DrForester; 05-30-2014 at 02:02 PM.
PaulloDEC
(05-30-2014, 04:45 AM)

Except for the whole "The show showed Celestia and Luna defeat him, and Sombra made the Empire vanish before he fell" thing. How the heck do you get that Celestia wasn't there? It sounds as silly as some fan animation that ignored the show because they want to say Luna defeated him on her own.

Oh, whoops. I was thinking of Sombra's second defeat, i.e. the end of the Season 3 opener.

I really ought to try and put a timeline together someday. I know there's a few floating around on the net, but it'd be neat to have one that addressed events referenced in both the TV show and the comics. I find all of the stuff that went on before the series began tricky to put into order.
Myke Greywolf
Ambassador of Goodwill
(05-30-2014, 04:48 AM)

Andy Price just put it up in his dA gallery.
kunonabi
(05-30-2014, 04:51 AM)

Originally Posted by How About No

weird but comfortable. I got one from a friend of mine since his wife wouldn't let him use it and I haven't slept with a regular pillow since.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-30-2014, 05:09 AM)

Andy Price just put it up in his dA gallery.

Sans Heather Breckle's amazing coloring work.
$200
Banned
(05-30-2014, 05:42 AM)
PaulloDEC
(05-30-2014, 05:53 AM)

Sans Heather Breckle's amazing coloring work.

The two-page spread in #19 is amazing, too.

Whoops, forgot to do some tagging. Fixed my post, for what it's worth.
novenD
(05-30-2014, 05:54 AM)
sweet celestia guys, tags :(
How About No
(05-30-2014, 05:54 AM)

Originally Posted by kunonabi

weird but comfortable. I got one from a friend of mine since his wife wouldn't let him use it and I haven't slept with a regular pillow since.

Lol I mean body pillows are fine themselves, just some of the covers they make for them...and the implications
DeadPhoenix
(05-30-2014, 05:55 AM)
Yeah, to mention that Sombra is in the comic, like he has for the last couple of issues I believe, has completely ruined it for me. If only you hadn't talked about everything important that happens in the comic in a handful of posts and the writers weren't so bad at their jobs that that is all it takes to ruin an entire issue, I might have been able to enjoy it.
PaulloDEC
(05-30-2014, 05:59 AM)
So rather than just say I should work on a timeline, I figured I'd just go ahead and do it. Work-in-progress list of important dates HERE. If anyone wants to take a look and offer their thoughts, that'd be great.

Discord history comes next, so if anyone can remember references to when Discord came to power/fell from power/anything else important, let me know.

Originally Posted by DeadPhoenix

Yeah, to mention that Sombra is in the comic, like he has for the last couple of issues I believe, has completely ruined it for me. If only you hadn't talked about everything important that happens in the comic in a handful of posts and the writers weren't so bad at their jobs that that is all it takes to ruin an entire issue, I might have been able to enjoy it.

To be fair, I did drop a few things that people might not have already read. Hopefully Doc stops by again soon and spoilers my quote.
Last edited by PaulloDEC; 05-30-2014 at 06:02 AM.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-30-2014, 01:36 PM)
Everything you spoilered was established in last months comic....
PaulloDEC
(05-30-2014, 01:45 PM)

Everything you spoilered was established in last months comic....

Even Evil Tibbles? Ah well, better safe than sorry, that's me in a nutshell.
DrForester
Kills Photobucket
(05-30-2014, 02:01 PM)

Even Evil Tibbles? Ah well, better safe than sorry, that's me in a nutshell.

Spoilered your stuff. But spoilering stuff from last month's comic is stupid.
PaulloDEC
(05-30-2014, 02:24 PM)

Spoilered your stuff. But spoilering stuff from last month's comic is stupid.

That seems fair.

This one's a spoiler for the latest comic, but not really for the current arc. Made me laugh for how weird and left-field it was. Picture linky.
Owlowiscious
(05-31-2014, 12:10 AM)
I'm dying

also I'm waiting for the compilation release or $1 per comic on comixology

well how about I start buying them when they hit $2 if this thread tags stuff until a day or two after they hit $2?
Last edited by Owlowiscious; 05-31-2014 at 04:39 AM.
PaulloDEC
(05-31-2014, 05:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

Y'know, this actually makes me feel better about AJ being ignored for once.

Not pony-related, but the guys (some of them, anyway) behind Double Rainboom released a trailer for their new project today: True Tail. Gotta say, it looks pretty amazing.
Last edited by PaulloDEC; 05-31-2014 at 05:32 AM.
brian577
(05-31-2014, 06:43 AM)

Not pony-related, but the guys (some of them, anyway) behind Double Rainboom released a trailer for their new project today: True Tail. Gotta say, it looks pretty amazing.

It looks nice. Their goal is make a pilot that they can pitch to a tv network but frankly I'm not convinced they'll get that far. It looks like it's going to be another Galaxy Girls, too out there and too risky for a network to give a chance.
Last edited by brian577; 05-31-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Slamtastic
(05-31-2014, 06:47 AM)

sexualized furry filth! /s
PaulloDEC
(05-31-2014, 07:15 AM)

Originally Posted by brian577

It looks nice. Their goal is make a pilot that they can pitch to a tv network but frankly I'm not convinced they'll get that far. It looks like it's going to be another Galaxy Girls, too out there and too risky for a network to give a chance.

I was a little surprised when I read that they were hoping to pitch it to networks; pretty ambitious goal. Still, the art is certainly on-par with other Flash animated stuff I've seen, and the character designs are pretty neat. Certainly a very big cut above your typical deviantart anthropomorphic stuff.

Originally Posted by Slamtastic

sexualized furry filth! /s

DeadPhoenix
(05-31-2014, 08:28 AM)
Animation looks good, voice acting seems okay, can't say anything about the writing really, oh hey a phoenix is one of the main characters, I MUST HAVE THIS!