• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Septimus Prime
(11-19-2014, 09:26 PM)

Originally Posted by jasonng

Hey guys Im not Asian but I hope I'm still welcomed here. I've always love Japanese culture and I have an extensive collection of kung fu movies. My favorite food is sushi and kimchi! Is anyone here into anime? Asian women are so hawt. ^^;

Here. Let me cover all your bases.

On a tangentially-related topic to everything, so far, I highly recommend the John Rain series by Barry Eisler. The protagonist is a half-white, half-Japanese guy living (at least in the beginning) in Japan who gets cosmetic surgery to look fully Asian and blend into his environment, despite his being from the US. Also it's about assassins, so it's not ultra-boring.

They're going to adapt it as a TV show, starring Keanu Reeves, directed by the guys who did John Wick.
Toki767
(11-19-2014, 09:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Lesath

With regards to dim sum, there are places scattered around SF that I would argue are at least measurable to the quality you'd find in HK and China (though, it varies depending on which chef prepares it a given day). Sushi quality around here isn't too bad, although I could really use a good ramen place.

Santa Ramen and Ramen Dojo in San Mateo are good. If you want one in SF, I'd say Yamadaya and Katana-Ya, though I haven't been to the latter in years since it's in a busy location.
YesNOnoNOYes
(11-19-2014, 09:30 PM)
I like Asian cuisine, but I cant really eat spicy so I've been trying to induct my tastebuds slowly to the stronger palettes like Thai and Indian food. I did try Thai Laksa soup a while ago when I was in Thailand and that was delicious but their spicy fish was too strong for me x____x I needed lots of drinking water afterwards ha ha~

Indian curry is also something I still need to acclimatize to :>

But food, yes. Glorious Asian food o7
Septimus Prime
(11-19-2014, 09:35 PM)
LA guys, really? If you want ridiculous Japanese food, you need to eat in Torrance. It's just straight up better than other places, and even the fast food, garbage Japanese places, like Sushi Boy, are a cut above in Torrance.
Toki767
(11-19-2014, 09:36 PM)

Originally Posted by YesNOnoNOYes

I like Asian cuisine, but I cant really eat spicy so I've been trying to induct my tastebuds slowly to the stronger palettes like Thai and Indian food. I did try Thai Laksa soup a while ago when I was in Thailand and that was delicious but their spicy fish was too strong for me x____x I needed lots of drinking water afterwards ha ha~

Indian curry is also something I still need to acclimatize to :>

But food, yes. Glorious Asian food o7

Laska is really good. I just tried it for the first time a month ago.

As far as curry goes, Japanese wins for me. Then Thai, then Indian. I do like curry in general except Chinese curry. Something about it just makes my stomach unsettled.
backslashbunny
(11-19-2014, 09:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Septimus Prime

LA guys, really? If you want ridiculous Japanese food, you need to eat in Torrance. It's just straight up better than other places, and even the fast food, garbage Japanese places, like Sushi Boy, are a cut above in Torrance.

I consider LA county to be LA, so yeah Torrance is LA for me :x

My dad works for Toyota....I know Torrance has amazing Japanese food :p

edit:

Originally Posted by Toki767

Laska is really good. I just tried it for the first time a month ago.

As far as curry goes, Japanese wins for me. Then Thai, then Indian. I do like curry in general except Chinese curry. Something about it just makes my stomach unsettled.

Dude.. Japanese curry is my go-to comfort food! Yummmmm... pork curry :D

Also.. kinda related to what Septimus said, and this topic:

http://hwdailyhub.com/2014/11/18/ama...nto-the-world/

Amazon Book of the Year Winner is Celeste Ng!

She has beaten Hilary Mantel and Stephen King to win Amazon book of the year. Celeste Ng, the biggest writer you’ve never heard of, explains why she feels conflicted about her prize.

Not ashamed to admit... I bought it immediately on Kindle. I'll read it and y'all know what I think of it. I think I can loan it; I'll check later.. so if I can, I'm happy to loan this book to anyone!

This is her FIRST book.
Last edited by backslashbunny; 11-19-2014 at 09:43 PM.
CapNBritain
(11-19-2014, 09:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Septimus Prime

Here. Let me cover all your bases.

I dragged friends with me to see this in theaters because I wanted to see Jackie Chan fight Jet Li. Was rough.

Originally Posted by backslashbunny

Dude.. Japanese curry is my go-to comfort food! Yummmmm... pork curry :D

Japanese food is probably my favorite, with Sushi as my top pick. And then you have Ramen, Curry, Tonkatsu, Onigiri, and so many more Japanese food things that it's no contest for me. I dated a Japanese girl and went to Japan a handful of times to visit her so I'm probably biased though. I miss Japan and it's a shame that I'll never return.

Also.. kinda related to what Septimus said, and this topic:

http://hwdailyhub.com/2014/11/18/ama...nto-the-world/

Amazon Book of the Year Winner is Celeste Ng!

Not ashamed to admit... I bought it immediately on Kindle. I'll read it and y'all know what I think of it. I think I can loan it; I'll check later.. so if I can, I'm happy to loan this book to anyone!

This is her FIRST book.

Pretty awesome. I actually wanted to be a writer and figured that I could write at night after making web pages during the day. That quickly fell to the wayside once real life hit.

My book recommendation is American Born Chinese. Wasn't a 1 to 1 match with my childhood, but it resonated strongly with me.
Esch
Once got into a vicious fistfight with a coat hanger
(11-19-2014, 09:51 PM)

As far as curry goes, Japanese wins for me. Then Thai, then Indian.

fighting words man, absolutely fighting words

that said Indian restaurants in the United States are generally shit so I don't blame you if that's your experience.
Zoe
(11-19-2014, 09:54 PM)
Japanese curry is so different from all the other curries that I can't even place them in the same category.

But Japanese curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else
Last edited by Zoe; 11-19-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Toki767
(11-19-2014, 09:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Esch

fighting words man, absolutely fighting words

that said Indian restaurants in the United States are generally shit so I don't blame you if that's your experience.

It's a really close tie between Thai and Indian curry for me, but Thai edges it out. I also dislike how most people associate Indian curry with tikka masala, which may or may not have even originated in India. Pretty sure it started in the UK.

Japanese curry is still the best though. Especially if you put shredded cheese on it and it melts into the curry.

Last edited by Toki767; 11-19-2014 at 10:00 PM.
jasonng
(11-19-2014, 09:59 PM)
On the subject of literature, anyone who's into theater should read the play M. Butterfly by David Henry Hwang and even better if you can see it on stage. Hwang has such a deep understanding of Asian culture blending with others that he's become one of my favorite playwrights. The play hits the topic of Asian fetishism, gender stereotypes, cultural clashes, and Asian male empowerment all at once. You will either find the play ingenious or incredibly offensive. I absolutely love it.

I've pretty much given up the idea of acting altogether but if I was ever given a chance to play the love interest for that play, I would in a heartbeat.
Cybit
FGC Waterboy
(11-19-2014, 10:04 PM)
When I self-deprecate about being the whitest Indian ever; it's more of a cultural joke (in that I'm not very aware of Indian culture), and it really only picked up when I moved out from the midwest into Seattle. Being white out here is being a hick (which, well, I still use y'all in normal conversation, so I am more or less a hick, and damn proud of it). At least out here, it's more of a "city slicker vs country boy" thing more than anything.

As for food; if any of you are in or near Seattle; next time my mom is out here I'll have to show you what real Indian food is like. I can cook pretty decently (am just lazy and won't do it for myself); but my mother can cook like nobody's business. MMMMMmmmmmm I'm hungry just thinking about it. :D

I am glad Asian-GAF hasn't just fallen to the wayside. :)
Lesath
(11-19-2014, 10:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Zoe

Japanese curry is so different from all the other curries that I can't even place them in the same category.

But Japanese curry >>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else

You have just set the record for the most incorrect opinion ever.
CapNBritain
(11-19-2014, 10:16 PM)

It's a really close tie between Thai and Indian curry for me, but Thai edges it out. I also dislike how most people associate Indian curry with tikka masala, which may or may not have even originated in India. Pretty sure it started in the UK.

Japanese curry is still the best though. Especially if you put shredded cheese on it and it melts into the curry.

I have never done this, but I vow to try it soon. You better not be steering me wrong!

Originally Posted by Cybit

When I self-deprecate about being the whitest Indian ever; it's more of a cultural joke (in that I'm not very aware of Indian culture), and it really only picked up when I moved out from the midwest into Seattle. Being white out here is being a hick (which, well, I still use y'all in normal conversation, so I am more or less a hick, and damn proud of it). At least out here, it's more of a "city slicker vs country boy" thing more than anything.

As for food; if any of you are in or near Seattle; next time my mom is out here I'll have to show you what real Indian food is like. I can cook pretty decently (am just lazy and won't do it for myself); but my mother can cook like nobody's business. MMMMMmmmmmm I'm hungry just thinking about it. :D

I am glad Asian-GAF hasn't just fallen to the wayside. :)

Yeah, I think nowadays I use the whitewash moniker in a self-deprecating manner. And while I do love Indian food, I keep hearing that the stuff you get at restaurants in the states isn't close to the real thing. Am I just missing out by having terrible Indian friends who refuse to cook for me?

Originally Posted by Lesath

You have just set the record for the most incorrect opinion ever.

Lines drawn in the sand. This is how Asian-GAF Civil War starts.
y2dvd
(11-19-2014, 10:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Firemind

Ramen is disgusting.

And I thought I liked you because you're a fellow MtG player! >;[
jasonng
(11-19-2014, 10:18 PM)
I do find myself making fun of my own background but to be fair I make fun of myself in general. However I do feel disturbed when I get called a twinkie because that's pretty personal to me. I'm a born and raised New Yorker and growing up as an awkward kid, I was only able to befriend people who get me. That ended with me making friends from all backgrounds despite being so close to Chinatown. It just bugs me that the people who would call me white washed are the same people who has less of an understanding of their heritage than I do of mine. Just because I have nonasian friends doesn't mean I've abandoned where I came from. To be fair my first language was English and I never learned Chinese properly so I can't speak it that well. I can still hold conversations but apparently not enough to not be alienated by my people.
Esch
(11-19-2014, 10:28 PM)

Originally Posted by CapNBritain

Yeah, I think nowadays I use the whitewash moniker in a self-deprecating manner. And while I do love Indian food, I keep hearing that the stuff you get at restaurants in the states isn't close to the real thing. Am I just missing out by having terrible Indian friends who refuse to cook for me?

In the states, it's definitely true. Although there are exceptions.

It's a combination of western expectations of what indian food is and indian people being cheap. Restaurant indian food here can be satisfying in the same way fast food is. They tend to throw a lot of cream, grease and salt on everything. Oftentimes the best points of indian food are missed; the skillful use of spices to bring the best out of veggies and meat. Plus there's the problem of mass-batches being made for buffets (and bad restaurants) which is the primary way people eat them.

It's like the difference between panda express and the real mccoy, lots of overcompensating with sugar salt and fat, bad handling of vegetables, and mediocre uses of spices and flavorings.
Valkerionseven
(11-19-2014, 10:45 PM)

In the states, it's definitely true. Although there are exceptions.

It's a combination of western expectations of what indian food is and indian people being cheap. Restaurant indian food here can be satisfying in the same way fast food is. They tend to throw a lot of cream, grease and salt on everything. Oftentimes the best points of indian food are missed; the skillful use of spices to bring the best out of veggies and meat. Plus there's the problem of mass-batches being made for buffets (and bad restaurants) which is the primary way people eat them.

It's like the difference between panda express and the real mccoy, lots of overcompensating with sugar salt and fat, bad handling of vegetables, and mediocre uses of spices and flavorings.

Pretty much the case in every blended culture/out of peoples actual home cooking. Heck here in the USA, theres tons of "soul food" restaurants with the same menu, none of it tastes anything like the actual food you get in coastal Georgia/Carolinas.
Firemind
(11-19-2014, 11:20 PM)

Originally Posted by y2dvd

And I thought I liked you because you're a fellow MtG player! >;[

Japanese ramen is alright; delicious even when I visited Japan. I was more referring to the Taiwanese instant ramen with recycled cooking oil which can actually kill you or at the very least affect your health in the long run.
Toki767
(11-19-2014, 11:28 PM)

Japanese ramen is alright; delicious even when I visited Japan. I was more referring to the Taiwanese instant ramen with recycled cooking oil which can actually kill you or at the very least affect your health in the long run.

Out of all the Taiwanese dishes I've eaten and enjoy eating, instant ramen is just kind of...uh...I didn't even know they had those.

But most of us here were in fact referring to Japanese ramen being the best.
Cewyn
(11-19-2014, 11:43 PM)
This thread is making me extremely hungry.
Ochi
(11-20-2014, 12:18 AM)

On the subject of literature, anyone who's into theater should read the play M. Butterfly by David Henry Hwang and even better if you can see it on stage. Hwang has such a deep understanding of Asian culture blending with others that he's become one of my favorite playwrights. The play hits the topic of Asian fetishism, gender stereotypes, cultural clashes, and Asian male empowerment all at once. You will either find the play ingenious or incredibly offensive. I absolutely love it.

I've pretty much given up the idea of acting altogether but if I was ever given a chance to play the love interest for that play, I would in a heartbeat.

I've read the play, but never seen it performed.

For those who want a quick summary it's about the relationship between a male British diplomat and a Chinese spy, who is a man masquerading as a woman (but who probably falls on the LGBT scale) who is a spy for the communist party and the tumultuous relationship that ensues. Additionally one of the major themes is the parallels it tries to draw with the famous Italian opera "Madame Butterfly" by Puccini
Last edited by Ochi; 11-20-2014 at 12:28 AM.
JoeFu
(11-20-2014, 12:27 AM)

Ah the oil scandal. So much of that stuff was on the news here. Had owners of the companies who sold the oil crying crocodile tears and all.
Envelope
sealed with a kiss
(11-20-2014, 12:29 AM)
Japanese curry is... boring

Indian and Thai curry is where it's at
YesNOnoNOYes
(11-20-2014, 12:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Envelope

Japanese curry is... boring

Indian and Thai curry is where it's at

Indian curry too flavoursome for me :< I have a meek tastebuds that go for moderate seasoning :<

I needs to level up on the spices and seasoning side of Asian dishes :>

Talking about noodles, I had this insane soft-shell crab vietnamese soup noodles with egg and vegetables recently, and it was SUPER DELISH

*_____*
Septimus Prime
(11-20-2014, 01:22 AM)
Thanks to this thread, I just went ahead and bought $1.25 bag of M&Ms from he overpriced vending machine. =(
suzu
(11-20-2014, 01:31 AM)
I like Japanese and Malaysian curry the most. haha
Esch
(11-20-2014, 02:16 AM)
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-30080578

Walk Free says it found evidence of slavery in all 167 countries it surveyed.

The report says Africa and Asia face the biggest challenges in eradicating slavery, while the practice is least prevalent in Europe.

Map showing the numbers of people living in slavery around the world by region
According to the report, more than 14 million people live as slaves in India. Next in the index comes China, with more than 3 million slaves, followed by Pakistan and Uzbekistan.

Last edited by Esch; 11-20-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Usobuko
(11-20-2014, 03:00 AM)
Indian curry is the best out of all the Asian counterparts.

Being a chinese from Singapore, I like chinese cuisine the most. I guess you could somewhat count the Taiwanese and HK food as extensions of this. Not the kind of weird and exotic stuff though. My second favorite would be either Thai or Japanese. I would love some authentic India food but I'm not sure if that is available here. I did like this Northern India restaurant near where I stay.
Last edited by Usobuko; 11-20-2014 at 03:02 AM.
backslashbunny
(11-20-2014, 03:29 AM)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-30080578

Gahhhh.

Yeah, Asia is still pretty behind the Westernized/European countries in terms of human rights.

Can't believe the Americas has a million slaves. Are they counting sex slaves as well?
Tence
(11-20-2014, 06:39 AM)

You would be wrong.

the texture is a little weird, but it's not bad.

Yeah texture is really weird. I also really can't stand the smell. Bakso goreng is ok though.

I could probably go without durian.

I quite like that actually. Although the texture again is really...odd

Originally Posted by YesNOnoNOYes

I'm pretty good with spicy food. But one day I was eating fried fish with sambal in Manado...and it burned like a thousand suns.
Mr. Wedgewood
(11-20-2014, 08:01 AM)
Filipino living in a state (Hawaii) where majority of the population is Asian. Live in metro Honolulu. 5 Minute walk from a variety of asian restaurants such as korean, japanese, indian, thai,vietnamese, etc.
Last edited by Mr. Wedgewood; 11-20-2014 at 08:09 AM.
shanshan310
(11-20-2014, 09:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Tence

My wife is Chinese-Indonesian and I speak Indonesian...

I like Asian food, but haven't eaten weirder than snake and cow lungs....

can I post here?

Same here. My partner is Korean-Australian. I've been trying to practice Korean with his family but my mother in law is, while lovely, a scary teacher ><

So, Hello! If I'm not welcome here I will quietly fade back out of the thread.
YesNOnoNOYes
(11-20-2014, 10:20 AM)

Originally Posted by shanshan310

Same here. My partner is Korean-Australian. I've been trying to practice Korean with his family but my mother in law is, while lovely, a scary teacher ><

So, Hello! If I'm not welcome here I will quietly fade back out of the thread.

shaaaaaaanshaaaaaaaan <3

you are welcomed of course <3 and tence too <3 everyone is welcomed!

yeeeey ^_____^

@tence XD wow burning of a thousand suns. sounds pretty hot :x i ... cant even cope with nando's mild seasoning... let alone this fried fish with sambal that you tried.

:>
ActStriker
(11-20-2014, 02:16 PM)
We all should get together and get some tasty food.

And then fight for the check.
jasonng
(11-20-2014, 03:35 PM)

Originally Posted by ActStriker

Way ahead of you I've paid at the front counter when I "went to the bathroom".
y2dvd
(11-20-2014, 04:05 PM)
Is it true that Taiwanese restaurants refuse to accept tips? I went to one in the states, left a tip on the table and left. The waitress ran after me in the parking lot wanting to give my tip back. I told her it's for her to keep but she refused to accept it.
Zoe
(11-20-2014, 04:07 PM)

Is it true that Taiwanese restaurants refuse to accept tips? I went to one in the states, left a tip on the table and left. The waitress ran after me in the parking lot wanting to give my tip back. I told her it's for her to keep but she refused to accept it.

They'll accept tips around here :lol
backslashbunny
(11-20-2014, 05:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Mr. Wedgewood

Filipino living in a state (Hawaii) where majority of the population is Asian. Live in metro Honolulu. 5 Minute walk from a variety of asian restaurants such as korean, japanese, indian, thai,vietnamese, etc.

I'm so jealous of you. I hear that Hawaii has some of the GOAT Asian cuisine.

Way ahead of you I've paid at the front counter when I "went to the bathroom".

HA, I arrive early and leave my credit card at the front to use for our table.

Never heard of this, but tipping isn't as prevalent in other cultures as it is here.
Esch
(11-20-2014, 05:13 PM)
Gonna be honest, I tip 25% everywhere I go because I know so many (old) desi dudes refuse to pay a decent tip or even tip at all. Trying to balance the scales out :lol
justjustin
(11-20-2014, 05:16 PM)
I was at a restaurant in Japan when an Asian guy stepped in, was handed a menu by a woman working there, and after she spoke one sentence to him he interjected with the most standard American accent ever, "Oh sorry, I don't speak Japanese." Her expression immediately flattened and her eyes glazed over as she walked away completely dumbstruck. I will never forget her priceless expression, or how hard I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. Maybe she was just tired and wasn't ready for that mind-blowing experience.

But it really put into perspective how tough it can be looking Asian in such an ethnically homogenized country, and how people rely so much on how a person looks when they're about to speak to someone.

Also in Japan, I was on a train and two guys, four feet away from me, just started talking about my shoes, going back and forth between each other wondering what material they were made out of-- suede? leather?-- real incidental stuff. Never looked at me, never said anything to me; I'm just some nondescript white guy. I wasn't gutsy enough to say they were leather in either English or Japanese, but I'll bet that guy I saw in the restaurant doesn't experience that sort of thing.
TsuXna
Yay Asian thread, tho I am pretty sure no one else in here is from Tajikistan and only a few heard of it :/
Cewyn
So there's this stereotype about Asian women that they're only interested in White Western Men. What do you guys think about this? I personally find it a hasty generalization, while it is true that some women prefer Caucasian men, they don't represent the whole group.
claviertekky
(11-20-2014, 05:17 PM)

How are we going to make this happen?

I think we're spread out here.

My dad works for Toyota....I know Torrance has amazing Japanese food :p

Torrance/Gardena area has a lot of Japanese eats. I don't know if that's going to change once Toyota moves out though.

Is your dad going to make the jump to Texas? Seeing a lot of Toyota job listings stating future employees must move.
Cagey
(11-20-2014, 05:18 PM)
Generic white dude (can claim Italian as my ethnicity but w/e four generations removed) married to slash marrying a Korean gal. We got legally married over the summer to consolidate health insurance, but the big blowout Jersey wedding is in December. Half the guests will be friends getting absolutely wrecked with us, but the other half is going to be split between her extended Korean family and my extended obnoxious, racist Italian family. Did I mention I plan on getting totally hammered?

I've done enough intermingling with her parents and my parents/grandparents to where it's totally cool, but that's just two people. Additionally, her extended family is chock full of white collar professionals and the occasional small biz owner, whereas my family is fully blue-collar. I'm going to crush the vodka luge out of necessity.

I saw twinkie above. Half my 11 groomsmen (roll deep, yo) are Chinese/Taiwanese friends from back in middle and high school. They called me an egg. Thought that shit was so clever. it was
claviertekky
(11-20-2014, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by leonidas.

So there's this stereotype about Asian women that they're only interested in White Western Men. What do you guys think about this? I personally find it a hasty generalization, while it is true that some women prefer Caucasian men, they don't represent the whole group.

Sweeping generalization usually said by bitter stubborn men (and maybe women).

I just say whatever. There are a lot of people in this world.
Valkerionseven
(11-20-2014, 05:20 PM)

Cheese on curry katsu looks pretty disgusting... but thoroughly arousing points if you got the reference right away gotta try it next time I grab it.
backslashbunny
(11-20-2014, 05:28 PM)

Gonna be honest, I tip 25% everywhere I go because I know so many (old) desi dudes refuse to pay a decent tip or even tip at all. Trying to balance the scales out :lol

ahahaha I DO THIS TOO. But that's because young people seem to tip like assholes, and Asians in general don't tip very much.

Originally Posted by justjustin

I was at a restaurant in Japan when an Asian guy stepped in, was handed a menu by a woman working there, and after she spoke one sentence to him he interjected with the most standard American accent ever, "Oh sorry, I don't speak Japanese." Her expression immediately flattened and her eyes glazed over as she walked away completely dumbstruck. I will never forget her priceless expression, or how hard I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. Maybe she was just tired and wasn't ready for that mind-blowing experience.

But it really put into perspective how tough it can be looking Asian in such an ethnically homogenized country, and how people rely so much on how a person looks when they're about to speak to someone.

Also in Japan, I was on a train and two guys, four feet away from me, just started talking about my shoes, going back and forth between each other wondering what material they were made out of-- suede? leather?-- real incidental stuff. Never looked at me, never said anything to me; I'm just some nondescript white guy. I wasn't gutsy enough to say they were leather in either English or Japanese, but I'll bet that guy I saw in the restaurant doesn't experience that sort of thing.

I've heard that Japan is like that about foreigners.

To be fair, I once had someone ask me if I speak English in the US.

Originally Posted by TsuXna

Yay Asian thread, tho I am pretty sure no one else in here is from Tajikistan and only a few heard of it :/

I'VE HEARD OF IT.

Originally Posted by leonidas.

5% of the population is Asian, and since Asian women generally aren't seen as undesirable the way Asian men are, it makes sense that an Asian women might date a "white guy," given that there's probably 20 more of them for every 1 Asian male.

Aside from that, whenever I hear that stereotype, I roll my eyes internally and make a mental checkmark on whoever said that-- NOPE.

Originally Posted by claviertekky

Torrance/Gardena area has a lot of Japanese eats. I don't know if that's going to change once Toyota moves out though.

Is your dad going to make the jump to Texas? Seeing a lot of Toyota job listings stating future employees must move.

Funny you should ask-- my dad and my mom just left for Dallas a couple hours ago. My dad is definitely moving. I don't think my mom is, though.
jasonng
(11-20-2014, 05:35 PM)
Apparently Asian women only have two choices when it comes to dating: Asian guys or white guys.
Kikirin
(11-20-2014, 05:39 PM)
Subscribed.

ABV here, entire life pretty much spent in the Midwest so far. Unfortunately, my career / hobbies / mannerisms do little to dispel the Asian stereotype.