• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Priest steals one of my minions for a turn, double its health twice, makes it a 28/28, attacks my face, triggers ice block..........concedes when the buffed up trash minion comes back to the winning side

Bunga

Trying to make a push for rank 10 before the end of the season. Currently rank 11, 2 stars. It's at this point I start to feel tense, so close to making it! I know the rewards for rank 10 versus the rank 15 floor aren't exactly hugely different, it's just a mental thing.

scarlet

Reached rank 3 for the 1st time.
Motivation is back.

I've been playing freeze mage, cuz it's more effective against aggro than gunther mage.

Bunga

Gunther mage mirror.

I Kabal Courier into a Shifting Shade which gives me an additional Ice Block which gives me the turn I need to win the game. Feel bad for the other guy lol.

rahji

I am mad about arena right now. I am currently 0 - 2 because every deck has at least one good legendary. I don't have the best deck so these legendaries wreck me. And i even play mage.

wiibomb

you seclude leroy in hand to guarantee the buff by don hancho to make it a 11/7 charge then inner rage it to 13/6 or 15/5 and make a copy with sudden genesis for 10 mana total and 26 to 30 damage from hand.

Hycran

Banned
I'm trying to hit legend this month so aggro Mage is great and I haven't lost to one in a long time due to taunt warriors tools

That death rattle shaman had me on tilt three games in a row though. The value in that deck is breathtaking

wiibomb

I wonder if there is a good possible priest deck I can make for this brawl.

got the win quest and I kind of wanted to finish it in brawl

bunbun777

Went through the chore of making a mage brawl deck just to have my hunter opponent concede on turn 1. Whatever thanks for the 40 dust.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm getting the impression from playing this brawl that people have forgotten how powerful classic pre-Naxx zoolock was.

Classic Zoolock had Voidwalker and Flame Imp as some of the best 1 drops in the game at the time. Blizzard has since printed so many better 1-drops. Back then people were blaming the hero power for Zoo's dominance. Turns out it was just the fastest deck in the game at the time.

Tacitus_

Classic only decks with no epics or legendaries... what does that even leave? Zoo obviously, maybe a face or midrange hunter and midrange mage. Paladins weren't a thing, warriors, rogues and priests needed epics and/or legendaries for their decks, druids were built around FoN and shaman needed Doomhammer or Al'Akir to finish games.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm enjoying this brawl

Classic only decks with no epics or legendaries... what does that even leave? Zoo obviously, maybe a face or midrange hunter and midrange mage. Paladins weren't a thing, warriors, rogues and priests needed epics and/or legendaries for their decks, druids were built around FoN and shaman needed Doomhammer or Al'Akir to finish games.

having decent success with a generic priest deck

Xanathus

The Mage Deck almost builds itself.

You can build a mage secret deck that isn't far off tier 1 in standard.

It's extremely far off if you have zero secret synergy cards. You weren't around then, but secrets were considered completely useless pre-Naxxramas expansion.

Zakalwe

Banned
I was stuck at 15-12 for ages this month. Was playing Miracle Rogue for the first time, but even when I switched to a deck I knew I was getting trounced.

Figured I should probably be consistent, so I took Murloc control Paladin and just pushed. Finally made it to r6 ***** on a massive win streak, and of course that final game I get utterly decimated.

I was really wanting to hit 5 so I could go back to my Miracle Rogue with the rank checkpoint, and I figured I'd be in for a losing streak and return climb which felt really off-putting. Said "a couple more games then call it for tonight".

Next game was versus a Miracle Rogue just to rub it in. They made some really inefficient plays early on to remove my just enough on-curve Murlocs and couldn't recover. Great I thought, final boss will be something annoying...

Any guesses?

Pirate Warrior.

I laughed a bit when I drew mid game cards both times, but even more when all my cards from then were on-curve perfectly and he had the worst draws I've seen for a PW. He quit turn 4.

That felt pretty great.

Now I can relax and enjoy the game again for a bit. I'll only push for Legend if I make it to rank 3 by just playing for fun, so we'll see.

Still, second month in a row I hit r5 and I hadn't done that for over a year. Tracking my games and studying up pays off, it seems.

Now to make a mess with my MR and play unintentional gatekeeper for a while. I'll probably pass on my last battle happiness for a fair bit...

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man Highmane sure is OP AF when there are no other big minions allowed in the format LOL.

That said, it seems like there are a few viable decks around for this brawl. Old School Zoo is still pretty good since Voidwalker and Flame Imp outclass most 1 drops that exist and there isn't stuff like Knife juggler in every deck with 3 attack on turn 2 to trade off of. Hunter is strong mostly because of Highmane and Kill Command as anyone could have guessed. A face rushing paladin with Divine Favor is probably ok since most classes won't have any AoE to speak of you can flood the board. Mage is pretty decent mostly off the back of the usual suspects, Fireball, Frostbolt, & mana Wyrm. Priest is bad since they don't have many good late game minions to stall out to, although Auchenai + Circle and Injured Blademaster can take over games. Overally a pretty good brawl that reminds us how boring the game used to be. IMO, I'm much happier with decks these days than those old decks.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Priest is bad since they don't have many good late game minions to stall out to, although Auchenai + Circle and Injured Blademaster can take over games.

I've been running a Priest deck that tops out at Gurubashi Berserker and Temple Enforcer, and it has been working great so far.

Just had the dumbest game against secret mage with gunther mage. He swings the game back in his favour with Yogg when I had him dead next turn only to discover three cabalist tomes (2 from glyphs, 1 from a tome) and a bunch of burn to finish him off anyways.

Next game. Medivh into Prophet of Velen into Pyroblast, lol. Hearthstone can be stupid sometimes. Back to rank 1 for 4th time this season.

Grief.exe

It's extremely far off if you have zero secret synergy cards. You weren't around then, but secrets were considered completely useless pre-Naxxramas expansion.

I was around, but I was super f2p/casual.

It worked for me since I had the perfect curve in the games I played. Mana Wyrm > frost bolt > Kirin Tor mage into a free secret which gave me tempo > then I had all kinds of removal to close out the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to craft Bloodmage Thalnos, so hopefully ​I unpack him from the brawl in the next couple weeks.

Thalnos is really good in a lot of decks. He's a great two drop in general. Certainly a worthy craft IMO. Especially if you like playing Mage.

Footos22

Think I'm just gonna dust all my wild cards. Don't think I'll ever bother with wild again so may as well. Gonna be a shit tonne of dust

Edit: 14990 I'm rich.

I did it guys, hold me. I made it to rank 5. This is my legend.

There was so much Pirate Warrior around 6 & 5. All my regrets around crafting Lightlord went out the window. Fucker saved me so many times. It is such a satisfying feeling to survive the initial PW onslaught and just keep playing taunts as they buff their weapon to 9/3 or whatever.

Top Bottom