• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet VITA street date removed...avail. NOW!

suikodan

I'll go and check the Futureshop near where I work... after work.

I'd buy it from EBG except I have a 20$ rebate at FS :p

Jeels

Can somebody check if you can buy costumes off the Vita version? Like, the ones available on PS3. I want the FF7 ones...

FBZKI.png

Don't know if that's just usual scare tactics for a new release, or for real. But every store around me is showing low stock.

Kurod

Banned
Can somebody check if you can buy costumes off the Vita version? Like, the ones available on PS3. I want the FF7 ones...

In Greg Miller's review from IGN he says that costumes bought for LBP and LBP2 should be available for use in the Vita version.

Thanks for the heads up. The first game I wanted for the 149.99 PSV impulse buy other than Wipeout!

Going to pick it up on the way home! CHEERS!

Etzer

Whaa? I haven't decided if I want this yet...

FBZKI.png

Don't know if that's just usual scare tactics for a new release, or for real. But every store around me is showing low stock.
Eh, might be real. Three stores near me just say "In Stock".
The closest store near me, though, doesn't have it yet.

Jeels

In Greg Miller's review from IGN he says that costumes bought for LBP and LBP2 should be available for use in the Vita version.

Right, I don't have LBP2 anymore though. Think I could buy them off the PSN Store and transfer to Vita?

Tried downtown Toronto flagship and try said try aren't getting their shipment today. When they do they can sell it though.

ascii42

I'm torn. I finally got around to playing LBP PSP in the past couple days. I'd really like to beat this before picking this up. Hmm...

Called Gamestop, they said they have it stock so I'm going to pick it up. They also said they're not sure if they can get me the pre-order costumes since there's no street date anymore, which is lame. But I guess I'll sacrifice the pre-order costumes for getting the game 11 days early.

Called 2 GameStops nearby:

1: "I don't know, lemme check, hun. *2 minutes later* We have it here, but no notice that we can sell it. I can give y'all a call back after I check with my manager *decline*"
2: "Yup. Little Big Planet is out, darling."

Yes, I live in Georgia
So that's how guys in Georgia talk.

*shudder

Wonder if this is true in The Great White North? (the LBPVita street date, not the guys calling me darlin')

patsu

What. The. Ph*ck.

This is the greatest news ! But where is the PSN copy ? Next Tuesday ? I can wait. Announce your creations here.

MisterC20XX

Wow, I just purchased a $50 PSN card yesterday in anticipation of the 25th. Don't let me down Sony! You wouldn't want LBP to be the first Vita game not available for download the same day as retail, would you?!

UberTag

My anti-cartridge policy bites me in the ass once again. I suppose I'll just wait 11 days. :(

Technically, there is precedent for an early PSN release before street date. For those of us who received Vitas shipped graciously from Amazon.ca two weeks before street date we were able to access many of the launch titles off PSN immediately. I was playing Uncharted: Golden Abyss 11 days before it's official release.

If Sony wants to make us happy, they'll let us "manually search for" and purchase LBP off PSN and yet still keep it unofficially off the digital shelves until the 25th. <hint> <hint>

Top Bottom