• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlegs87

What is the credit score range for approval on this card? I know it's more than just score they factor in other things as well but I am just looking for a ballpark figure.

I've never had a credit card before, is there any downside to getting this if I pay it off every month? I just want to use amazon credit and the cashback on Amazon to cancel out the sales tax on purchases, I don't plan on using it off amazon for much. Any demerits for canceling?

Zoe

I've never had a credit card before, is there any downside to getting this if I pay it off every month? I just want to use amazon credit and the cashback on Amazon to cancel out the sales tax on purchases, I don't plan on using it off amazon for much. Any demerits for canceling?
It hurts your credit score to cancel, but it doesn't sound like you have much of a score anyway. In fact, I'm not sure you'd be able to qualify for this card.

Got mine today. Looks cool. Got my automatic payments set-up.

Is there any benefit to paying it off say like each Friday in addition to the automatic payment on the due date? Automatic payment is set to pay full amount due.

ColdPizza

Banned
Got mine today. Looks cool. Got my automatic payments set-up.

Is there any benefit to paying it off say like each Friday in addition to the automatic payment on the due date? Automatic payment is set to pay full amount due.

No, once a pay period is fine.

I'd also recommend not setting up automatic payments. If you have a fraudulent charge or a charge you want to dispute this could end up overdrawing your account. You should always double check your monthly statements to make sure there aren't any errors.

Might have to get this.

My Sallie Mae card with 5% Amazon (or, technically, 5% off purchases from book sellers) and 5% off grocery store purchases is about to go the way of the dodo.

It hurts your credit score to cancel, but it doesn't sound like you have much of a score anyway. In fact, I'm not sure you'd be able to qualify for this card.

Spitefully applied for the card just to prove I can qualify
I have no credit history, no idea if I'll qualify.

coopolon

Taking a long time to get the card. the other day I was using the iOS app and it asked me to re enter the entire card number to verify and I realized I don't even know the card number even though I've already put several hundred dollars on it! Feels weird not being able to check transactions, etc.

ColdPizza

Banned
I ordered a new card just to get the new version. Much nicer than the last one.

Taking a long time to get the card. the other day I was using the iOS app and it asked me to re enter the entire card number to verify and I realized I don't even know the card number even though I've already put several hundred dollars on it! Feels weird not being able to check transactions, etc.

I'm wondering if you need to order a new card if you already had an existing one.

Ron Mexico

Hmm...will it be the same credit card number/CCV code? I have a lot of preorders on the card that I don't want to lose.

Visa has a behind the scenes updater for card that were lost/stolen/replaced. The card number would likely be the same regardless, but I'd call Chase to confirm they take part in that.

Jabronium

Sigh. With all the stuff I order from Amazon I really should get this. I don't foresee any loan applications in the next couple years on my part so...here goes.

sangreal

Got an email that they mailed my new card out
We wanted to let you know that we mailed you a new credit card yesterday, and it should arrive in 3-5 business days. For security purposes, it will be in a plain, unmarked envelope.
Hmm...will it be the same credit card number/CCV code? I have a lot of preorders on the card that I don't want to lose.

Any time I've gotten a new card from Chase because they changed the design, added EMV or upgraded the visa level etc. it has been the exact same number/cvv.

I got denied because I didn't have recent financial information available. :( I think the last thing I did was pay off student loans but that was like a year ago. I guess I need to get back in the game. Is the Store Card a good option? I shop a ton at Amazon and I'll always be able to pay off the balance so the interest rate isn't a big deal for me.

Ixian

FYI if you frequently make purchases on PSN, you can use this card to get a digital gift card from Amazon instead and benefit from the 5%. :D Unfortunately Steam cards are shipped rather than digitally provided, but still nice if you can plan ahead a little. Great for those times when the Chase Freedom quarterly 5% doesn't apply to a place that sells gift cards.

sangreal

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229031318]I got the old version like a couple weeks before this one came out, I can just apply for the new one or what?[/QUOTE]

You don't need to reapply, it's the same card they just upgraded the benefot. Unless you mean you got the store card

I applied last week but hadn't heard anything. Chase ended up mailing me a letter giving me a number to call so I could verify my application. Called and had it approved within a couple of minutes. Another week or two until I get the card, but the $70 went to my Amazon balance right away.

I've had the Amazon credit card for a very, very long time (back when it was managed by Bankone before Chase bought them out - it was actually the first credit card I ever applied for). I'm actually a big surprised I got it at all in retrospect since at the time I was a college student with no income. It's nice, and also offers 2% back on gas stations, drugstores, and restaurants, which is something people often overlook about the card. It's much more versatile than you'd think.

I'm grandfathered in as part of a Prime "family" where someone else is actually the paying Prime member but I get their free two day shipping benefit. It doesn't appear I'm eligible for the enhanced 5% back as a result. Probably going to have to do the math to figure out if it makes sense to switch to being a principal Prime member or not.

ColdPizza

Banned
So I get this beautiful flat package from
Amazon thinking it's my new card. Nope, just a letter and some beautiful card stock and promotional materials to let me know my card has been upgraded.

So disappointed.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This is pretty much the only credit card I have used for more than a year now. I do so much shopping on Amazon anyway, and I have already made back over $1,000 in Amazon dollars.

I got a replacement card because my old one got lifted a few days after this promotion came out. New card is nice. Black, weighty, with no numbers on the front.

Is this worth having if I already have 3 credit cards?

I like the perks this card has

Your call mate. Only you know if having credit cards bothers you. It's a good card with good rewards.

Has anyone who already had the old card gotten the new metal card mailed to them without requesting a new card online? Not sure if it's automatic or if I need to make a request for a replacement card.

They sent me a packet of info on what the new card offers, but no new card.

:(

I want that card!

Has anyone who already had the old card gotten the new metal card mailed to them without requesting a new card online? Not sure if it's automatic or if I need to make a request for a replacement card.
In the FAQ I received it said they should be sending a new card to me, but it didn't say when.

It's probably going to take them some time to send out cards. I'm sure there are a few million customers. And the metal production for the cards isn't as fast as plastic.

Ron Mexico

In terms of cost, they're likely going to do the replacements oldest to newest, trying to get close-ish to the expiration dates on the old card.

My credit union is still reissuing some EMV cards under the same concept.

KillGore

So I just got approved for the card and bought me a PS4 Pro. I know the card hasn't arrived yet but can I manage my card account online? Is there a link? Or I can't do anything until the letter arrives? I'm afraid it arrives too close to the 30 day limit and I wont be able to pay in time.

ColdPizza

Banned
So I just got approved for the card and bought me a PS4 Pro. I know the card hasn't arrived yet but can I manage my card account online? Is there a link? Or I can't do anything until the letter arrives? I'm afraid it arrives too close to the 30 day limit and I wont be able to pay in time.

chase.com/amazon

Toki767

Any time I've gotten a new card from Chase because they changed the design, added EMV or upgraded the visa level etc. it has been the exact same number/cvv.

Did you actually use that Replace Card option on the site though? Or did you just wait for them to send you something?

sangreal

Did you actually use that Replace Card option on the site though? Or did you just wait for them to send you something?

If you mean for the new amazon card, I just waited. In the past if I wanted a new design, etc. I would send a secure message not use the replace card option

ColdPizza

Banned
If you mean for the new amazon card, I just waited. In the past if I wanted a new design, etc. I would send a secure message not use the replace card option

I got impatient and used the replace card option. Same expiration and cvv but new design. My old card was really ratty though so I feel justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom