• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

cinco

Archie continuing to call her Miss Grundy instead of Geraldine reaaaaaaallly hammers home the point of idiot kid in illicit affair with older woman.

Man this show has skyrocket to one of my top 3 of the season. Every storyline has nice twists, and I'm looking forward to seeing more Jughead. Jughead is probably my favorite male character. Betty and Veronica of course are the stars to me.

Vengal

I wonder if Luke Perry and Skeet talk about their shared experiences of staring in post-apocalyptic tv shows that's titles started with Jer.

Going from "Oh, of course Veronica's dad bought the place" to "Fuck, Jughead was living there?" to "His motherfucking dad helped shut it down and knew about it!?" is a rough rough thing.

This show is amazing, but brutal.

Well worst parent of the year award goes to Jughead's dad for knowingly making him homeless. Interested to see that relationship explored more. I'm also curious where Jellybean is since we saw that picture of her. I was really happy with the Jughead development this episode; he's by far my favorite part of this show.

Thank god that Grundy arc is (hopefully) finally over as well; I was not a fan of it. Betty's mom is all kinds of crazy -- and Betty taking that gun and hiding it somewhere super easy to find was also stupid -- but at least that resulted in the subplot getting resolved swiftly.

This show is so freaking good! I'm so excited for next Thursday.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hermione was pretty cool until the whole paying off bikers things.

What characters are left that don't currently have demons? Veronica, Kevin, Fred (depending on your views on parenting)? Kevin is great. Glad they didn't do the whole angry homophobic dad trope there.

Grundy... well, uh... yeah. That's a complicated one. I think that plot line is probably done.

Loved the episode, needed more Jughead of course.

Was expecting a lot more Jughead.

Show is currently serving too many characters while burning through plot. Like any CW show it'll slow down after a while. It'd be nice to drop down to just one or two POVs instead of like six different things going on at once.

ZeroX03

Banned
AV Club: B-

Quite critical in parts. There is one bit at the end I'll certainly agree with:

Riverdale Roulette: Don’t let the fact that Kelly Osbourne was part of this ensemble deter you from checking out ABC’s one season teen drama Life As We Know It. It’s a more conventional teen drama than Riverdale, but the reason I’m suggesting it is because of the student-teacher relationship between Ben (Jon Foster) and Ms. Young (Marguerite Moreau). Ultimately, you have the teenage boy who “should” love this arrangement soon realizing what a problem it is and how unfulfilling his “relationship” with his teacher is. That’s followed by the other realization that a teacher who gets involved with a student can’t possibly be all that stable or mature in the first place. The send off for Ms. Young is much more romanticized than Grundy’s is here, but it also comes with her acknowledgment of why what she did was wrong and how she’ll have to give up her teaching career because of it. Also: Marguerite Moreau and Jon Foster had some of the best chemistry I’ve ever seen in a teen drama, which is saying a lot.

I loved that show. Great intro song.

Jughead needing that second year college writing course where the teacher just laughs at your purple prose.

I mean he's four years too young for that.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
What happened? Spoil me please, I haven't had the chance to watch it.

Also, it seems the spoilers are true so far so I hope the batshit insane ones are also true.

Kevin saw a dude from a biker gang that he liked, they made out at the drive-in. He saw Moose (I think it was him?) making out with a girl.

anaron

Yessss at the worst part of the show being wrapped up. Though she's clearly evil thank god

"And let the neighbours know" lmao

I love Alice so much.

Dahbomb

Man the adults in this show are true scumbags. Only Archie's dad seems like he is stable in the head, maybe the sherrif too. Even got ourselves a corrupt mayor now.

I am still all in on Betty actually being Polly. So Betty apparently knew how to break into a car and a small safe? Nah man, she's playing that 5 DEEEEE chess! The longest of cons!

And I didn't believe Grundy's sob story for a second.

ZeroX03

Banned
Here are some upcoming episode synopses. Should answer some questions about who may or may not be showing up.

Chapter Five: Heart of Darkness
THE HOUSE OF SECRETS AND LIES - With Jason's funeral around the corner, the Blossom family moves forward with last minute preparations - and a secret agenda. Meanwhile, Archie's (KJ Apa) attempt to refocus his energy on football comes to a halt when an opportunity to work with a new music mentor presents itself. Betty (Lili Reinhart) dives deeper into her investigation of Jason's death and unearths some dark revelations about her family. Elsewhere, after uncovering secrets about her own family, Veronica (Camila Mendes) forms an unlikely friendship with Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch), who is having a tougher time with Jason's impending funeral than she lets on. Finally, Hermoine (Marisol Nichols) turns to Fred (Luke Perry) for help after receiving a cryptic message from the Southside Serpents. Cole Sprouse and Madchen Amick also star. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Ross Maxwell (#105).

Chapter Six: Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!
ROMANCES AND RIVALRIES - With Riverdale High's annual variety show around the corner, Valerie's (guest star Hayley Law) efforts to help Archie (KJ Apa) prepare for his big performance lead to some major fallout between her and Josie (Ashleigh Murray). Meanwhile, Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Jughead's (Cole Sprouse) investigation into Jason's death brings them to a home for troubled youth and face-to-face with Polly (guest star Tiera Skovbye). Just as her relationship with her mother was on the upswing, an unexpected betrayal sends Veronica (Camila Mendes) spiraling, while Josie deals with her own pressures at home after her overbearing father returns for her performance at the variety show. Finally, Hermoine's (Marisol Nichols) first day at Andrew's Construction finds her and Fred (Luke Perry) growing closer. Madchen Amick also stars. Steve Adelson directed the episode written by Tessa Leigh Williams & Nicholas Zwart (#106).

Chapter Seven: In a Lonely Place
THE SEARCH IS ON - When a major piece of evidence is mysteriously destroyed, new rumors begin to swirl as to who was really behind Jason's murder. Tensions build when Jughead's (Cole Sprouse) father returns to the fray and it's revealed that he and Fred (Luke Perry) have some unresolved issues between them. Meanwhile, Veronica (Camila Mendes) takes matters into her own hands after her fight with Hermione (Marisol Nichols). Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) approaches Betty (Lili Reinhart) with an unexpected proposal that leaves Betty torn. KJ Apa and Madchen Amick also star. Allison Anders directed the episode written by Aaron Allen (#107).

Top Bottom