• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You sequel teased in iOS game

Boney

Banned
Well, I guess that
Shiki could have gotten a makeover. I mean it's not like fake appearance Shiki actually has pink hair.
spoilerssss

why would she need a makeover
also if she's their kid why wouldn't anyone teach her not to be all emo and stuff lol

and i was totally joking

Ferrio

Banned
Yep, I'm am not remotely hyped. Going to have to stay far away from the IOS/Android platform for me to be.

I think you could do this, but not within the context of the reaper game as normal.

It would have to be a less straight forward "Repeat last game with new cast." sequel.

True enough. I wonder how a sequel of that nature would affect the game structure.

Yep. They're better off abandoning the two-screen mechanic as far as gameplay is concerned as long as this new game is built from the ground up with a single touchscreen in mind, then being able to put it out on multiple platforms at once. This series deserves to be a big deal, which means making it multiplat, IMO.

That pretty much seems like it'd be the best course of action.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
spoilerssss

why would she need a makeover
also if she's their kid why wouldn't anyone teach her not to be all emo and stuff lol

and i was totally joking

Well, if she's genetically inheriting Mr. Mew and headphones, I figure she inherits hair dye as well.

And yes, I know you weren't serious. :p

TrueBlue

Well, I guess that
Shiki could have gotten a makeover. I mean it's not like fake appearance Shiki actually has pink hair.

This was my first thought as well. Give the real Shiki longer and slightly lighter hair and it isn't too far-fetched. Plus, the new confidence she gained in the first game could be seen visually if this was her design in a sequel.

Forever

Banned
was anyone else surprised how dark the game kinda gets later on?

Neku
tries to choke Shiki to death
within the first few days. I mean it gets darker sure but the tone is set from the start.

This was my first thought as well. Give the real Shiki longer and slightly lighter hair and it isn't too far-fetched. Plus, the new confidence she gained in the first game could be seen visually if this was her design in a sequel.

There's just no way that the headphones are a coincidence, they were such a defining aspect of Neku's character.

This makes me want to buy the iOS port.

Day 1 for the sequel, whatever the platform, if it isn't a gimped card game or flash quality platformer or something of that nature.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
True enough. I wonder how a sequel of that nature would affect the game structure.

I imagine it would have to focus a lot on
the reaper and angel dealings from the secret reports. Perhaps you would play the other side of the coin and play either a reaper and/or a guardian. A conductor might work as well.

BlueWord

Betting this comes to iOS, for better or worse. The social and networking capabilities of the iPhone seem like a perfect fit for this type of game. Moreover, TWEWY was so great in part because it's gameplay systems were built around the system. I imagine an iOS sequel would be built with similar attention to the hardware.

That said, I'd like to see it on 3DS...

Mr. Fix

Not sure how I feel about her having headphones.
Symbolism and all that jazz.
We've been through that in the first game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If it does comes to iOS and indeed a true sequel, as in a real game, I hope it paves the way for higher/handheld quality games for iOS. If that's what it takes for people to game on iOS, so be it

Forever

Banned
Not sure how I feel about her having headphones.
Symbolism and all that jazz.
We've been through that in the first game.

She might not even be the lead character, though if she is really Neku's daughter then the odds are good I suppose.

I wonder if she can use Mr. Mew in combat.

Ammish

Banned
I'm kinda disappointed. There were hints in the game that different districts of Tokyo host their own Reaper Games or something like that. I would kill for a TWEWY in Akihabara.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

There's just no way that the headphones are a coincidence, they were such a defining aspect of Neku's character.

Actually I didn't think about that but given that
she was basically Neku's girlfriend at the end, she might have picked up headphones like him as well.

I knew this would happen! There is still hope! HYPE TRAIN!

hypetrain.gif

I know it's silly but I'm still hoping against hope :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
They didn't study a new battle system for nothing. The sequel will be on iOS, it doesn't make sense to be elsewhere.

Not even 3DS? With the original battle system? I think it can perfectly be for 3DS and then they release a Solo Remix version for iOS. I don't think this won't be for the Nintendo handheld, if it happens ( as the image teases). Especially considering it's possible it would do more as a retail title than a 16-20$ priced title on iOS, seeing how Solo Remix is performing now.

Forever

Banned
Actually I didn't think about that but given that
she was basically Neku's girlfriend at the end, she might have picked up headphones like him as well.

It's a possibility I suppose but it would take quite a few jumps to get there; the clothing, the hairstyle, the headphones. It requires much fewer assumptions to just peg her as their kid. Occam's razor and all that.

Also Neku got rid of his phones at the end. :p

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's a possibility I suppose but it would take quite a few jumps to get there; the clothing, the hairstyle, the headphones. It requires much fewer assumptions to just peg her as their kid. Occam's razor and all that.

Also Neku got rid of his phones at the end. :p

Yeah, but if we're going to do image speculation, this is more interesting!

I don't think Nomura would ever leave a design as plain as end game Shiki though.

Not even 3DS? With the original battle system? I think it can perfectly be for 3DS and then they release a Solo Remix version for iOS. I don't think this won't be for the Nintendo handheld, if it happens ( as the image teases). Especially considering it's possible it would do more as a retail title than a 16-20$ priced title on iOS, seeing how Solo Remix is performing now.

It will be on both. It's silly to think they will choose one over the other. They named the iOS version solo remix for a reason.

Everyone need to relax. Everybody wins.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Well, I'd love a 3DS sequel, but I'm not holding out hope.
That said, the TWEWY cast appeared in KH 3D on the 3DS for some reason....

I imagine it would have to focus a lot on
the reaper and angel dealings from the secret reports. Perhaps you would play the other side of the coin and play either a reaper and/or a guardian. A conductor might work as well.
Definitely sounds like it could be interesting. They could do a lot of creative stuff with that angle.

I hope
Minamimoto
comes back in this one. He's too much of a fan favorite not to.
Oh god yes

Alrus

You know I really don't mind this being on iOS as long as it's not exclusive. I'm not buying a 600 euros smartphone to play games :(

Verelios

Fucked if
Neku didn't end with Eri. I call false advertising on Shiki's side.

It's probably not possible though...yeah. I'm not going to hope for a sequel because honestly, I don't know if I could play this on my touch. It just seems like it would seriously clash.

Top Bottom