• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Madouu

Good news (maybe not for some)

Regional Breakdown Removed
* Please join us in welcoming South Korea as an operating region for Heroes of Newerth! Korea is the newest addition to our regional lineup as HoN continues to grow its international presence. Due to our rapid multi-regional growth, we have decided to remove the regional breakdown for online players. As HoN continues to grow as a global game, we should all take pride in this amazing, worldwide community that we are all a part of. Thank you all so much for your continued support of HoN, it is only because of all of you that we are able to to continue to grow!

edit : oh nvm, they didn't remove regional locks.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
:lol, they removed the breakdown as it was showing how most players were from SEA, and didn't want people to see how it was performing in the West. Also got a laugh out of "As HoN continues to grow as a global game, we should all take pride in this amazing, worldwide community that we are all a part of", wonder which region they'll sell off next.

Is this like DotA where everyone starts out equal at the beggining of a match no matter what level you are and how long you've been playing for or is it like LoL where you have mastery and rune system that completely destroys any possible notion of balance the game could ever hope to achieve?

Is this like DotA where everyone starts out equal at the beggining of a match no matter what level you are and how long you've been playing for or is it like LoL where you have mastery and rune system that completely destroys any possible notion of balance the game could ever hope to achieve?

It's more like Dota, though I'd argue that it isn't as balanced as Dota. A large number of the heroes in the game are ports from the original Dota while the rest are all originals.

Plus you now have access to nearly all heroes when you register (all except 1 or 2 early access heroes) so the only advantage someone who is playing longer than you has is knowledge and skill

Neki

If anyone from HoN GAF needs a dota 2 beta key, PM me.

Can you give me a key that I can use to trade for hats?

hats hats hats

I was carrying Pillow in DotA 2 today, then we ran into CLG.pajkatt and CLG.misery and then I had to carry them too, np.

Can you give me a key that I can use to trade for hats?

hats hats hats

I was carrying Pillow in DotA 2 today, then we ran into CLG.pajkatt and CLG.misery and then I had to carry them too, np.

lol it's like that time we played against sexybamboe and got shitstomped. He kept tping to his bird and ganking our duders. I wish he was on my team :((

*edit* he was beastmaster

Neki

lol it's like that time we played against sexybamboe and got shitstomped. He kept tping to his bird and ganking our duders. I wish he was on my team :((

*edit* he was beastmaster

wniPb.jpg

How everyone on your team must have felt, and how everyone feels when freakingchair decides he must play a carry.

I don't know how Rumblebuffin still plays with you while you're dragging him to low match making.

How everyone on your team must have felt, and how everyone feels when freakingchair decides he must play a carry.

I don't know how Rumblebuffin still plays with you while you're dragging him to low match making.

It's the other way around duder. No need to lash out because I'm better than you! Just ask Pro - we beast moded some try-hard teams today.

Phil the Thrill isn't with S2 anymore, replaced by Milkfat lol

Fairly surprising, the HoN comp scene has improved a lot since he took over, the Summer Championships weren't bad, fun to see Fnatic get trashed completely, just sucked that Complexity were pretty much untouchable

For a second I thought there was a resurgence in HoN or something, boy was I disappointed

Yeah man wtf guys.

Since none of you play anymore can I be leader of the GAF clan?

I still play almost every day for the "one game a day" coin bonus. 15 minute pub stomp for 20+ coins.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Pro have you moved to California yet?

No and I'm not going to, thinking Boston area, been sending out apps past week.

....well I might if I don't get any hits I like, one of my uncle's friends owns a company that's pretty much a lock if I want to go there.

Have you come back to the States yet? I texted you and you didn't respond.

IceMarker

Everytime I play HoN after playing DOTA 2 for long periods of time I feel like I just got out of a tar pit, HoNs engine is what keeps it alive.

Neki

Everytime I play HoN after playing DOTA 2 for long periods of time I feel like I just got out of a tar pit, HoNs engine is what keeps it alive.

that and mid wars match making

if only dota 2 would step up it's game

STEP UP
THE DOTA
STREETS

Swag

No and I'm not going to, thinking Boston area, been sending out apps past week.
Have you come back to the States yet? I texted you and you didn't respond.
Nope, still in South Africa
when you coming back to your real life
getting carried in dota match making
Carrying you with huge Ravages all day would be more accurate
Swag are you being held captive in Africa?
Nope, just not done vacationing.

Neki

His avatar doesn't give it away?

Well I find Lizzy extremely good looking too (think it's Lizzy, haven't kept up with kpop), doesn't mean I have a thing for asian girls. That's like saying Conceptor, Tenck and Orangecaramel all have a thing for asian girls. :p

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i like black girls

and that's hyosung. good guess tho as he had quite a few lizzy avatars. pretty sure hyosung is his #1, lizzy #2 most likely.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I like asian girls.

Except koreans, korean girls are scary.

Top Bottom