• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Did another multi since both VB is evading me and I need that mofo.

Godtenks and Mai join the party! (and another SSGKK Goku dupe)
That's 3 SRR's so I guess I can't complain on the pull?

I still need some help on the dokkan events since I can't do any event :(

I'm focusing on my PHY team right now like Human Trashcan told me.

Goku Black
FP Frieza
Shenron
Kid Buu
Possessed Goten
SSGSS Vegeta

So here's my box if someone want to keep helping. And I know I'm being a pain but I feel like I'm having no luck on these pulls lol.

First of all - you got a god, a demigod, and a third SSR in one pull. "No luck" my ass! these banners have made spoiled brats of all of us just because we're not getting VB/Rose :p

Second, PHY is still your best bet. FP Frieza should be dokkaned tho, his event is easy. Black you should at least farm to SA10 if you haven't already.

You can make a decent mono AGI too with SSBKK as lead. Throw in Golden Frieza, Ult Gohan (also easy to dokkan), Kid Buu and some fillers and use a friend SV lead. Kid Buu should also be doable to dokkan with either of these decks. Do what you can do, that's the way to get to the harder dokkan events.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
buuhan
ZoTXgis.jpg
why u so silly?

Almost done with these golden freeza medals...

Hey !

Today marks the 30th day anniversary of my account :eek:

My box

Heroes team
Villains team

I'm really happy with my pool of characters so far. Reading this topic and asking for advice here helped me a lot. I'm now able to farm most of the events and it feels good.

Right now my SA10 characters : Great Saiyaman, Super Vegito, Super Vegito Blue (1 dupe path), Buuhan (1 dupe path), SSR PHY Broly, Black Goku, Xeno Trunks.

I still have to Dokkan Broly, but i have to find a good comp to farm him, i tried 2-3 times but it was too hard.

Right now i'm torn between using Elder Kais on Gogeta (1 dupe path) to SA10 him, or on Black Goku Rose. I should start to work on my INT team too :x

I'll probably try to roll tomorrow on the Black Rose Banner to get a dupe, even if i'd love to get Gootecks on the SVB banner.

PogChamp

mad jealous of that box on a 30-day account. I was slumming it with no god leads but Broly until the dang ticket banner. I'm coming up on day 200, will do a megapost on that day.

You should awaken your Gogeta btw, that event is a piece of cake with your teams. And if you have a dupe for him but not for Rose I think I'd get him to SA10 personally.

Hey !

My box

Heroes team
Villains team

I'm really happy with my pool of characters so far. Reading this topic and asking for advice here helped me a lot. I'm now able to farm most of the events and it feels good.

Right now my SA10 characters : Great Saiyaman, Super Vegito, Super Vegito Blue (1 dupe path), Buuhan (1 dupe path), SSR PHY Broly, Black Goku, Xeno Trunks.

I still have to Dokkan Broly, but i have to find a good comp to farm him, i tried 2-3 times but it was too hard.

Right now i'm torn between using Elder Kais on Gogeta (1 dupe path) to SA10 him, or on Black Goku Rose. I should start to work on my INT team too :x

I'll probably try to roll tomorrow on the Black Rose Banner to get a dupe, even if i'd love to get Gootecks on the SVB banner.

PogChamp

mad jealous of that box on a 30-day account. I was slumming it with no god leads but Broly until the dang ticket banner. I'm coming up on day 200, will do a megapost on that day.

You should awaken your Gogeta btw, that event is a piece of cake with your teams. And if you have a dupe for him but not for Rose I think I'd get him to SA10 personally.

mob4uevm0loy.png

For real though that's an insanely good box for 30 day account.
My box was pure ass back then, y'all spoiled as hell now lol.

Back in my day our 30 day boxes consisted mainly of SRs and we were damn well pleased! It was shit I tell you, UTTER SHIT!

Farming Buuhan's is going to be the end of me. Used all my stamina throughout the day and only got 2.

Edit: And both of them air balled. Holy smokes.

MisterMac

Buuhan SA farming sucks. Slightly better that Turles but only SA7 at 3 Stamina bars used.

WT Grind in Japan is brutal. I'm just trying to get as many stones as I can, maybe a few medals. Those elder kai and orb mission rewards seem out of my reach

Syntsui

So, PHY team can't kill Buuhan on his first form and is straight up murdered by his second form. What team am I supposed to use? Some of guys commented how you could easily kill him on his first form but that seems absurd to me after what I just experienced (unless you used the absurdly broken Extreme Team which I can't use because I'm missing fucking Rose).

yogloo

So, PHY team can't kill Buuhan on his first form and is straight up murdered by his second form. What team am I supposed to use? Some of guys commented how you could easily kill him on his first form but that seems absurd to me after what I just experienced (unless you used the absurdly broken Extreme Team which I can't use because I'm missing fucking Rose).
Mono AGL is the way to go.

Buuhan SA farming sucks. Slightly better that Turles but only SA7 at 3 Stamina bars used.

WT Grind in Japan is brutal. I'm just trying to get as many stones as I can, maybe a few medals. Those elder kai and orb mission rewards seem out of my reach
I got really lucky with my drops. Got two in a single drop before. And the 50% was kind to me, like 80% rate kind.

I'm doing it too since my new pulls have made all the 77 medal fights pretty easy. IMO the Androids are ONLY worth it if you take them to SA20 because they are underwhelming as hell at SA10.

Durden77

I'm doing it too since my new pulls have made all the 77 medal fights pretty easy. IMO the Androids are ONLY worth it if you take them to SA20 because they are underwhelming as hell at SA10.

Yeah at SA 10 they were decent, but more of a filler unit. But now at SA 20 they're hitting for around Rose's damage if not more. Pretty damn impressive, and their links are great.

But then again the goal for every LR should be to get them to SA 20 pretty much. At least if you're a crazy person that spends more time olaying this game than consoles. Stupid Dokkan...

Xanru

new gogeta incoming on jpn...holy shit

Don't forget Janemba. Damn if Gogeta is the new Super Phy lead Imma be hype. Phy has always been one of my fav typings, having Gogeta and VB is already amazing with just mono heroes, can only imagine how lit it's going to be on a Super Phy team, especially since Super Phy is shaping up to be one of, if not the, best typing in the meta.

My money's on Gogeta being the Super INT lead and Janemba Extreme TEQ. Reason for this is I think Godku will be the new Super PHY lead, since PHY doesn't have a Godku card yet (other than the one you can dokkan from an SR) and we know Godku dokkans are coming. But that's just my best guess. Either way I'll be really curious to see the new Gogeta.

The idea's also been floated that they're the new Super and Extreme leads, which would be interesting and kind of weird since they haven't released all the mono leads yet. We'll see I guess.

Nightbird

Welcome.

Whoever told you good things was lying, this is a fountain of salt and regret

nah, the game's alright.

I assume that SSR was from the starter pull, which always gives you an SSR out of that Gohan, a Goku and a Piccolo, so it doesn't matter.

The real metrics for re-rolling comes in your first multipulls. You should have a bunch of free dragon stones, so use them all on the Super Vegito Blue banner (or the Extreme Rose banner, but Super is more useful for beginners, in my opinion).

You can also farm a bunch of story quests for stones since you have 3x EXP and can play for a long time before stamina running out.

In your pulls, aim for at the very least Vegito Blue, he's the current top card. Ideally, you would reroll until you get something like Vegito Blue + one or two god leads (SSJ3 Gotenks and Super Vegito) or Gogeta. But there are a lot of good cards you can pull and you don't NEED the very best to enjoy the game, it's just that this is the best time to re-roll since so many are available to pull.

You can ask us about the characters you got and we'll tell you if they're worth keeping or re-rolling. But ultimately, until you get bored of re-rolling, keep trying to get Vegito Blue (you'll almost certainly end up with a few other SSRs along the way, maybe you'll get lucky there).

As for tips, a few pages back we had a couple other newcomers and there was a bunch of good advice in the thread, I suggest giving it a look. In any case, you can always ask here.

Thank you very much!

I rerolled until I got Vegito Blue and SSB Goku, and I am pretty satisfied with them!

I'm gonna shoot for the SSR Banner next :)

Syntsui

Nah it's just gonna be a new regular-ass Gogeta. They're pretty much having to recycle old characters because there are precious few unused ones left. This game's not real big on long-term thinking in many ways. That's gacha for ya.
Wow that's unexpected I'd say. After SSJ4 Vegeta and Goku, a Gogeta version was pretty much obvious. Of course balancing new characters after that would be silly as no one could be realistically better.

Meneses

Thank you very much!

I rerolled until I got Vegito Blue and SSB Goku, and I am pretty satisfied with them!

I'm gonna shoot for the SSR Banner next :)

Nice. Vegito Blue will carry you a long way in the beginning, even if you still can't complete his Dokkan event to awaken him to his full potential.

Now I would just grind story mode for stones and keep spending them on this Super type banner and see if you get lucky with other good characters. This banner is probably the best ever because every good card is basically in there - and you just barely missed a special discount and bonus summon on its first weekend.

(going all-in on Super will be the most effective, since all characters you get from that banner will be buffed by Blue's leader skill. Extreme also has great characters, obviously, so it will never be a bad investment either. Just be prepared to deal with the huge amounts of salt from not pulling any SSRs :p).

I think there's a GAF friendlist spreadsheet somewhere in the first post, you can add your name there and send requests to us, having fully leveled friend leaders helps a lot.

Welp, Godgeta already absorbing everyone's stones.

What team are you using?

Currently using SSJ4 Veggie lead mono AGL. I'd be using a rainbow team but I've not really got the lead I'd need. I can survive the x20 easy enough there's just so many ppl on JPN that it feels like I'm getting nowhere. Doesn't help the elder kais are so far out of reach since that's all I want

Edit: Oooooh a new Gogeta incoming? I hope he's PHY and has VB on the banner too. With the timing it should mean a bunch of free stones too and I'm sitting on a stash waiting for the new hero leads

RedSnake

First of all - you got a god, a demigod, and a third SSR in one pull. "No luck" my ass! these banners have made spoiled brats of all of us just because we're not getting VB/Rose :p

I know that was a good pull but 1000+ stones on the VB banner and look at my crappy box!

Hey !

My box

Amazing, I'm at 62 days and wish I had half of your stuff lol.

Durden77

I'm kinda ticked about the new Janemba and Gogeta. In particular because both of these cards are still so good. I don't like the idea of just pulling for better versions of them.

I'm kinda ticked about the new Janemba and Gogeta. In particular because both of these cards are still so good. I don't like the idea of just pulling for better versions of them.

I am to an extent too. I do really want a neo god for super PHY or INT so that's a plus, but the old cards were still good as you say and JPN has too much happening. It's the fourth dokkan fest this month now isn't it?

Yeah it's a bit nuts. The power creep is already real on Global thanks to Super/Extreme teams and the ability system. They fucked up big time with the 120% leads imo. Just making the numbers more interesting isn't good design and it's also way too much, AND they're OP in their own right. If these are the new Super/Extreme leads, then they're already shifting the meta up to even more OP rainbow teams before all the Neo Gods are even out. If these are just 2 new Neo Gods, then, well, business as usual.

But yeah, like I said, long-term this strategy is killing the game very quickly because where the hell do you go from 120% leads? But this kind of already started with the 70% leads and Super Vegito, who's still broken af. Vegito Blue is closer to being balanced but still kind of broken due to his multiple supers. I'm still enjoying the game but at this rate I don't see it lasting for much more than maybe another year or two at most. No more new characters + insane power creep.

Just enjoy it while it lasts and remember all this shit is incredibly ephemeral. Don't spend hundreds of dollars on jpgs that won't even be relevant 3 months from now.

Me a few weeks ago: "Oh sweet I can do the Buuhan event with this team! I don't care that it costs me all my items!"

Me now: "Ugh I can't believe I didn't one-phase kill him this one time"

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ability system is the reason everything is easy. 120% leads are the reason teams are even more segregated than before.

When VB and Rose were first released in jp the teams weren't necessarily that much better than the single type teams, since the ability system wasn't out at the time. Now that you already pumped your best cards full of orbs it's just so much better than everything else.

This is partly due to how sparse orbs are. Even though global is getting much more than japan did initially, you still won't be able to fill out your mono type teams in any timely fashion. By timely fashion I mean, before better cards come out that you'd rather use your orbs on instead.

Durden77

It's a shame too, because both the current Gogeta and Janemba are the type of cards this game needs more of. Just all around well made cards that still have their place even with all tge meta changes.

Yet here we are, getting new versions of them when their current versions are still very much viable. This game is gotten so much based on power creep that it seems like they're actually trying to sweep up the cards that survive the power creep too long. That's fucked up and like the opposite direction that this game should be going at this point.

It's a shame too, because both the current Gogeta and Janemba are the type of cards this game needs more of. Just all around well made cards that still have their place even with all tge meta changes.

Yet here we are, getting new versions of them when their current versions are still very much viable. This game is gotten so much based on power creep that it seems like they're actually trying to sweep up the cards that survive the power creep too long. That's fucked up and like the opposite direction that this game should be going at this point.

I wasn't there for the Gogeta meta shift but my understanding is that he dominated the game too. He was the first real super OP card. Then SV came along and trivialized most content by being able to do everything better than anybody else short of tanking a super all while offering an OP leader skill. It's just that the pace seems to be accelerating. SSJ4 Goku is crazy strong and LR Gohan is literally a meta shift ahead of everything else. I'm really really curious about these new Gogeta and Janemba cards.

Cruxist

An easy solution for the crazy rush of events is more story missions. I realize they want to keep pulling in money, but the rapid pace at which the meta keeps changing is unsustainable. Give everyone more options for stones, throw a farmable, super low level rainbow lead in there (something like +2 ki and 20% to stats) and just chill on the new Dokkan events for a while. That'll give f2p players hope, encourage a multipull or 2, and allow the game time to grow naturally.

Aiii

So not worth it
An easy solution for the crazy rush of events is more story missions. I realize they want to keep pulling in money, but the rapid pace at which the meta keeps changing is unsustainable. Give everyone more options for stones, throw a farmable, super low level rainbow lead in there (something like +2 ki and 20% to stats) and just chill on the new Dokkan events for a while. That'll give f2p players hope, encourage a multipull or 2, and allow the game time to grow naturally.

Lucky you, Japan is about to release new quests.

MiTYH

So... how does one go about selling an account? / is it worth it? I've got my alt global account, rank 35 with Rosa, SV, Broly, FP Frieza, and a ton of other SSRS (int/teq/agl golden frieza, phy ultimate gohan, agl vegeta blue, tea kid but, etc). Most story stages are there, only maybe 1 on each stage is past the first rank so tons of farmable stones left.

I just feel like the account is really worth something now, not sure if it is, how much it would be, and how to go about finding a safe buyer. Anyone have experience with that?

EDIT: Here's the account, just put it into dbz space: https://dbz.space/box/MiTYH587. Actually have 2 tea kid buns, didn't know how to make it show that

I'm still salty how SSJ4s started the 120% leader skill shit. Fucking GT always ruins everything.

They skipped getting all the 70% god leads for the typings and skipped to 120%.

So we got SV and Godtenks for Heroes 70% leads

Buuhan, Broly and OS for Villains.

Of course their leader skill is all inclusive unlike the 120% leads but do you really wanna make a Buuhan based team with just shocking speed and SSJs? Of course the solution is to wait for the 120% hero lead or use LR Gohan but that still angers me how we never got the other half of the typing.

INT, PHY and STR for Heroes and AGL and TEQ for Villains.

Also god damn does AGL villains need a huge buff. Super 17 might as well be the worst Neo God to pull.

It would be against the law.

..I wouldn't put it past them for wanting to do that exact thing at one point

Literally! They def would do this type of shit if it was legal. Gacha games are the definition of mercenary.

And yeah I dislike the even more niche focus of Extreme/Super mono teams. Some of these teams barely have enough good units in the entire game to fill out a team, especially on the Extreme side. It's just so dull. I guess you could only pull for the neogod that you have a team to support with. But then you're looking at using the same team for the majority of the game until the meta shifts again. Whereas with rainbow leads I change things up all the time to suit the event, even if 4 out of 6 characters are basically locked in, but that's only because I got lucky enough to have some of the best characters possible for a Super team.

Personally I wish gimmick link skills were a bigger deal. I love the idea of themed deck building, but outside of specific dokkan events, there's no reason to. But it'd be cool if you got a huge bonus for running an otherwise weaker team, like an all-GT team, or an all-DB team, etc. But maybe this would run afoul of gacha laws too.

If it sounds like too much complaining: I'm still having a lot of fun with the game rn. Still excited by how much better my box has gotten recently and how much I love using some of those units, like VB and SSBKK. I'm just worried the inexorable march towards purely bigger numbers and not much else may make the game dull in the future.

Syntsui

What if they did a special event for SSJ4 Gogeta where you don't pull him but have to sacrifice an SSJ4 Goku & Vegeta card to get him? XD

This is not a korean Gacha. This is banned in Japan and I doubt a japanese Gacha developer would use this practice in their Global version.

Top Bottom