• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Yeah the TUR is in the database, just no art aside from the thumb yet. The medals are there too, just no way to get them.

A data download could happen, but I think they'll just give us the TUR first.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
card_1012720_effect.png

If goku can't do it, who will

Transform category is lit, fam

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
My luck is just unstoppable. Imma update this post in a bit.

Edit:
First I was gonna save my stones, but then I saw:
Discount
Gssr tickets
Rosé.

Now rosé had been dodging ever since he dropped, so that sealed the deal.
Did full rounds of discounts and tickets, and got:
Int gogeta
Int kid buu
Int #13
Int ssb vegeta dupe
Teq beerus dupe x2
Str ss2 gohan dupe
Family goten dupe
Ssbkk dupe
Phy spirit bomb base goku

Good stuff, good stuff.
Decided to do the full price multi;
Int ssb vegeta dupe
Vb dupe
Fused zamasu

Nice, oh what's this game? You're giving me 10 tickets for more summons?
Mfking Rosé!!

Decided to do another multi becausd why not right?
Teq beerus dupe.
3 tickets
Sr
Sr
UI goku lmao...

I'm set for a very long time. Thx bandai.

Shouta

I've got 3 of the INT Kid Buu now. He's getting my Elder Kais now. He's not optimal for my LR Gohan team but he should be pretty nice.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Int kid buu is honestly a beast of a card, he's just held back by the lack of ki links, but man does he hit hard.
Should be a total monster at 2 dupes.

Shouta

Int kid buu is honestly a beast of a card, he's just held back by the lack of ki links, but man does he hit hard.
Should be a total monster at 2 dupes.

He's been the best thing I've gotten so far until just now. I did get my UI Goku! Need dupes now. =(

Basoes

I've been in a mobile mood lately and starting playing some Ninja blazing, FFBE and this
made this account yesterday and did some rolls, came out pretty good

gMGrmLW.jpg

SEeOjUd.jpg

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That's a decent haul yeah, I'd advise you to blast through the story mode and get more stones for more multis on this banner because it's really good.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Goddamnit the kale/cauli banner is coming back...
Interesting to see the max teq banner being up next though, ss3 broly will prolly be the next dokkanfest.

Also it seems baba shop stuff will be reset on new years eve, probably the kais you can get with gems.
Obviously skipping the gohan banner.

Dunki

Just Started this game and currently I am a bit confused what to do. My best Unit is prob Super Saiyan God SS Vegito with 8030 ATK rest is between 7k and 6k Atk and while the story stuff is pretty easy so far the Dokan stuff is pretty tough. i did a 40 Stamina one for fun to see where i stand and I had to use 14 dragon stones XD

Any tips how to advance my units? They are max level but compared to the people i can chose as companions they seem so fucking weak...

And the Dokkan Awaken stuff also seems impossible to get.... For egito for example I need 77 awakening medals in a fight i totally get destroyed in...

But how do I improve my characters? I am only Rank 44 but the ones I use are already max level and some can not even evolve more except Dokkan...

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You just started the game...
Trying to do dokkan events is like jumping straight into endgame content right after booting up. You're not supposed to.
Most dokkan'd character shoot up in team cost dramatically and at your rank you won't even be able to use them effectively in team because of that.

The most important thing about building teams is the leader skill of the card you set as leader. You want to use a card that affects all cards in the team, and you'll want a leader skill that boosts both ki and stats; the best ones are ki + x and all stats + x%.
SSB vegetto is a great leader because he allows several different cards in a team as long as they are "super" types (heroes) and boosts ki + all stats.
However unlike the 120% leaders, ssb vegetto (and rosé) also boost unawakened cards in the team, so you don't have to z-awaken your entire team to get the boost.

And yes other cards will seem weak next to ssb vegetto because it's "god" tier card:
God tier
Category leads, these boost a specific category of cards, like ssb vegetto has the "realm of god" category, UI goku is the lead for this.
Neo god lead, these boost a specific type and affinity of cards for 120%; ss4 vegeta is the "Super" "AGL" lead
God leads, these boost a specific type of cards for 70%; AGL super vegetto boosts all AGL type cards.
Demi god leads, these are the same as god leads, but they have a higher boost (100%) to offset that they don't boost ki; INT ssb vegeta is a demi-god lead.
Affinity leads like ssb vegetto and rosé.
Rainbow leads, these cards boost all types regardless of affinity; masked saiyan, caulifla and arale are currently the only ones we have (that are god tier).
Old god leads, these boost for ki+3 and atk +3000 for a specific type; INT ultimate gohan is an old god lead, they aren't used as leads anymore because they were straight up replaced by the 70% leads.

All other cards are either hard hitters, support units, or trash.
You can tell by looking at their super and passives, the hard hitters will generally do supreme damage and have a passive that raises their attack by x%.
The support units will have a passive that affects the battlefield/allies somehow.

"Best" cards is also kinda not always the best option for the team, you want teams that synergise well, or in other words, you want cards on the team that have a lot of link skills in common.
For example, SSB vegetto has super saiyan, prepared for battle and over in a flash. Putting him next to a card that has those same links will suddenly boost him with +5 ki and +10% attack.

And with links come rotations.
The two characters you want to keep together are the ones you keep in the first two slots in battle, the way you put them together in the team building menu has no effect on rotations.
This way those characters will always show up together every other turn, the third character is called a floater and is generally just there for support, like change orbs, give ki or boost stats; they only return every 4th turn.

After building your team, always pick a friend card that also has a similar boost; it's pointless for instance to build a team of AGL cards and then pick a friend that boosts STR cards.

Just go through the story mode as fast as you can, this will rank you up fast and you'll get hundreds of dragon stones.
Use these stones on multisummons on the UI goku banner, because it's the best banner we've had since ever basically; this banner is live till 6 jan.
Ignore the other banners.

Also, never ever ever ever use stones for continues holy shit, you'll get much more out of them by using them for refilling stamina instead; they are also not farmable, only the story, events and login bonuses give them out since they are in fact premium currency.

Do not spend them on continues.
Also you don't have to z-awaken every single cards, that's just a dumb drain on resources.

Dunki

Thanks for all advices. I really need to take a look at all this. And yes I just started but giving that all are max levels already feels kind of off to me.

Also the 40 Stamina thing was just a "just" for fun thing" to see how crazy it gets. But from now on I will use it to summon. Hope I get Ultra Instinct Goku^^

Ok just got 2 Ultra Instinct Gokus in a row.... So this should be the new leader?^^

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Once you reach rank 50 I think, you will get access to hidden potential, or "the dupe system". It's called this way because you use duplicate cards to unlock nodes that make the cards stronger.
Once a card reaches "UR" rarity it can be used in the dupe system.
The first nodes you want to unlock are top left if it's a good card, but not worth the super attack investment, or bottom right if you are definitely going to get the card's SA up to 10.
If you look at the picture of the realm of gods team I posted earlier, you can see that black and VB's stats are super high, that's because of the dupe system; black has 3 dupes and VB has 1.

UI goku is a great card, one which you will want to get to SA10 (most god tier cards are), so use that dupe you have to unlock his bottom right path.
Do not use these dupes to raise the super attack level, the droprate is far too rare to waste them in such a way.

Use elder kais, or santa roshi's to raise the SA level on god tier cards instead. Some of these cards are "farmable", which means some events will drop a card that has a similar name, these can be used to raise the SA as well; UI goku has a farmable card that will be released with an event, so just wait for that.

Generally if the farming is easy, don't use kais to up the SA level either, just farm the cards. Easy farming is when the card drops as an SSR from the event, this gives a max of 50% chance on SA level up.
Hard farming is when you have to awaken the card yourself, this drains lots of resources and is not always worth it unless the card can dokkan into a natural SSR, this means you can awaken it to UR which gives you a 100% chance for SA up; this makes up for the drain on resources.

An example is the goku black event, his first stage drops SR goku black z-awakened to an SSR.
This is as far as the card goes so you'll always only have a 50% chance, but it doesn't drain resources so it's fairly easy farm, just time consuming.
A different example would be the ss3 angel goku farm.
This hellscape requires you to:
Farm 9 R goku drops from the epic showdown event.
Awaken them, dokkan them to AGL SR angel goku.
Awaken them, dokkan them to TEQ SSR ss goku.
Awaken them, dokkan them to TEQ SSR ss angel goku.
Awaken them, dokkan them to TEQ TUR ss3 angel goku.
Feed them to SSR ss3 angel goku.

Fuck that noise.

Also once an SSR gets dokkan'd to TUR (max level 120), the SA level up chance from another SSR with the same name drops significantly, so don't dokkan an SSR if you plan on farming their SA. You can z-awaken them just fine to UR (max level 100) though.

Also to answer your actual question.
Check if you actually have enough realm of god characters to put UI goku as leader, otherwise he'll just boost himself and VB and nobody else.

Dunki

Thank you I wii keep this in mind.

Currently I have 3 GOD Realm Characters

UI Goku
Super Saiyan GOD SS Goku (neccessary Evolution)
Super Ssiyan GOD SS Vegito (Miraclous Re-Fusion)

I also maxed my UI Goku to Ultra and 5 SA so far 8Thats all i had) But the difference is already really noticable.

Basoes

Managed to pull Teq Beerus, which was nice, problem with dokkan fest and a new player, I don't have enough space to put all the good ones in my team

have 4 realm of gods now with with Beerus, UI Goku,Fused Zamasu, and Rose Black. Rose hits like a freaking truck

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
nah zamasu just dumps damage like nothing when paired with rosé and ui goku.
With 1 dupe he hits for 1.3m; he's going to be fully ridiculous when goku dokkans.

VB is also still a great card, regardless of the teq one existing now, which is just a dumb stupid broken card.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
nah zamasu just dumps damage like nothing when paired with rosé and ui goku.
With 1 dupe he hits for 1.3m; he's going to be fully ridiculous when goku dokkans.

Sure, proved you have both of those units to achieve that, along with being able to reach SA10, have dupe and provided a decent amount of orb investment to the card. if not then it's still kinda eh... I'll wait till I have the units to run him in a decent team.

VB is also still a great card, regardless of the teq one existing now, which is just a dumb stupid broken card

And that's the path the game been going down on. You got two VB variants on the horizon for Global, kinda makes this one lose it's luster, when you plan on prioritizing resources in making LR as best it can be stat wise. PHY VB is taking a back seat at this point.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Actually more excited about cauli potentially dokkan'ing

Pulled Int Gogeta, line up is looking nice now

HzPQoyr.jpg

Nice, you still have some time to go through the story mode for more multis on the banner though. If you can manage to pull VB you are pretty much set to use the realm of gods team to carry you through many events.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Nice trick, don't think I can use it though since my adress info is pulled from paypal, which is linked to my bank.
I guess it would work with google play cards.

These 52 stones though, very tempting to use them on xmas banner, but imma hold on to them for kefla.

Basoes

Did the multi 2 more times and got some nice units

another UI Goku, Champa, KK SSJB

4VYu1GB.jpg

Champa seems to be the weakest link in my team when that passive fails to activate

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You're honestly better off swapping champa for int gogeta, that passive is too unreliable and UI goku boosts int characters as well, just for a lower amount.

Dunki

worked a bit on my team. That is the best I could manage so far though. But now i can actually beat these super events without using Dragon Stones XD
Any advice what else I should do here?

screenshot_2018-01-15_125544.jpg

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You can only dokkan one of them before hitting team cost, so I suggest dokkan'ing vb.
Your rotation should be:
UI + vb
UI + ssbkk
When you hit 50%hp, swap ssbkk for vegeta.

Dunki

Sorry to ask a prob stupid question but who is VB?

At first I though Vegeta Blue but I also have Begito blue so its a bit confusing Also ssbkk?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Monday = AGL
Tuesday = TEQ
Wednesday = INT
Thursday = STR
Friday = PHY
Saturday = villains
Sunday = heroes

So vb is on friday and sunday.

Top Bottom