• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, what's your Jawmuncher Franchise?

Mupod

Well if Capcom fucks up or stops localizing the games, then it'll be Monster Hunter for me. Hopefully MHWorld is good and sells, so we don't end up in P3rd purgatory again.

I feel like over the years I've had many series like this and when the game finally gets resurrected it never ends up living up to my expectations. Or worse, that I myself am no longer into that style of game. Pillars of Eternity didn't do much for me even though there was a period in my life where I lived and breathed Baldur's Gate 2.

Gunstar Super Heroes was fine but even Treasure themselves were hesitant to make a sequel because they knew they couldn't make something as good as the original. Mechwarrior Online was so promising at first but I eventually couldn't stand PGI's incompetence anymore...I'll still give them another chance for their new singleplayer Mechwarrior game though.

I guess if there's one long-dead series that I wish would return it'd be TIE Fighter, although X-Wing never did much for me. Of course, I used to say I'd just be happy if the space dogfighting genre would come back, which led to me buying into the Star Citizen kickstarter and that's been a mess so far.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh yeah are the Everquest console line dead? Yeah I take back what I said about not finding any.

fantomena

Alan Wake. I WANT MY DAMN SEQUEL GODDAMMIT.

I thought about Crysis first, but the devs killed what I loved about the first Crysis with 2 and 3, so I stopped caring about the franchise. I would love to get a PROPER sequel to the first Crysis. The fact that they
killed of Nomad in a fucking comic and never explained that in 2 because 2 was suppose to be a reboot is a fucking shame and I hate CryTek for that.

Ralemont

not me
My Jawmuncher franchise is....also Dino Crisis.

DINOS ARE BIG ATM CAPCOM LIKE WTF. Give me RE6 action mechanics to use against Dinos!

I have so many Jawmuncher franchises, including all of these:

Front Mission

Castlevania

Bloody Roar

Viewtiful Joe.

One of my JW franchises that I believe hasn't been mentioned yet is Star Control. Great first game, absolutely amazing and legendary second game, mediocre third game by a team unrelated to the other two. That last game was released in 1996, over 20 years ago. :(

Edit: I stand corrected, Star Control was indeed mentioned. Jawmuncher highfive!

Ultima and Star Control

luulubuu

I have so many Jawmuncher franchises, including all of these:

One of my JW franchises that I believe hasn't been mentioned yet is Star Control. Great first game, absolutely amazing and legendary second game, mediocre third game by a team unrelated to the other two. That last game was released in 1996, over 20 years ago. :(

Edit: I stand corrected, Star Control was indeed mentioned. Jawmuncher highfive!

I like how Jaw is transforming into a trope.

I might add

250px-Dark_Chronicle_Coverart.png

It is a favorite of mine but never got a sequel, I think people didn't like it as much as Dark Cloud ;__;

kromeo

I like how Jaw is transforming into a trope.

I might add

250px-Dark_Chronicle_Coverart.png

It is a favorite of mine but never got a sequel, I think people didn't like it as much as Dark Cloud ;__;

I refuse to believe there can be many people who've played both and think Dark Cloud is a better game

Duderz

Banned
It has to be the LUNAR series. But even if they made a new one I doubt it'd capture the magic of the old one. This is a series long gone.

220px-N3box.jpg
250px-N3IIcoverNTSC.jpg

Kingdom Under Fire is my favorite franchise ever, but I am assuming this is about franchises with no new entries in sight so with that said it'd be the Ninety Nine Nights franchise. The first game was made by my favorite developer Blueside/Phantagram, but I still really enjoyed the hell out of the second game as well. I would absolutely kill for a 3rd game in the series.

KyleCross

Edit: Maybe is good to emphasize that the franchise must be not as good to start with, like Dino Crisis, but you love it regardless. Not just a Dead IP you want to be back

Neither Dino Crisis or action Resident Evil are bad, they're both great. So yeah, this thread literally is "What games that are dead do you want back?" None of that "but slightly bad" bullshit.

every may 14th i have a little hope in my heart that we'll get a baroque remake that's closer in line to the original version's aesthetics.

every may 14th sting gives me a wallpaper only available in funky sizes. at this point it's good enough

e: also breath of fire's gonna come back for real. please believe

Ganbare Goemon

It was dead before Konami decided to go fuck itself, now I know for sure I'll never get to play it again outside of illegal emulation because Konami can barely be arsed to re-releae the games

Pokemaniac

One big one for me is Pokemon spinoffs. Sure some of them aren't the best games, but most of them, at least used to be pretty fun.

Unfortunately, they seem to be becoming increasingly infected by free to start and mobile as of late. Soon there might not be any good ones left...

Brhoom

Banned
I don't think I have one...

I don't have a franchise where I can saftely say I know everything about it.

Silent Hill: I've played everyone but the GBA one and the seocnd half of Silent Hill 4 (you all know why)

Resident Evil: I've skipped Revelations 2, RE6, didn't finish ORC, or Umberlla Corps.

Mario Party: I didn't play 9 and 10 enough, and didn't even play the 3DS versions.

I'll go with Resident Evil though... I guess?

I would say Mario Golf but World Tour came out in 2014 and while it's no Toadstool Tour I still had a good time. I'm pretty lucky in that even some of my more niche series I'm super into are alive and well.

For now.

luulubuu

I refuse to believe there can be many people who've played both and think Dark Cloud is a better game
Most of my friends actually, pretty weird since I think this is vastly superior game.

Neither Dino Crisis or action Resident Evil are bad, they're both great. So yeah, this thread literally is "What games that are dead do you want back?" None of that "but slightly bad" bullshit.

giphy.gif

Yeshua

LOL at the thread title, basically serie you're completely obsessed over and are dying waiting for a new game.

For me that would be Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos. 1st serie had missstep but so much potential (Xenosaga 3 is still the best game ever) and for the 2nd the 1st game is great and the 2nd even greater (Baten Kaitos 2 2nd best game ever).

Baten Katios.

Yay.

I think mine is Baten Kaitos 1 + 0

.- I will not stop commenting on it whenever the chance araises, I'll pretend is something people remember and care about

.- I know it can't be any more dead, it will never come back in any shape or form.

.- I'd pester and bug nintendo's email and twitter accounts daily for a 1+ 0 compilation for switch, if it happened, I'd buy it ten times and gift to my friends.

There is no 0,there is Baten Kaitos II Beginning of the Wings and the Heir of the Gods that got named for wathever reason Baten Kaitos Origins in North America. Continue the good fight :)

Kneefoil

Viewtiful Joe used to be one. The first game is the only one that was truly great, but I still wanted a VJ3. I've since given up on ever getting it, though.

Top Bottom