• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - January 2013

oatmeal

Banned
You could have spread some of that love to a 3DS, if you have one, there's lots of good stuff on that eShop!

But yeah, just be patient. It sounds like there could be some good indie games in the next year.

Ugh, I know. I'm still kicking myself over not putting at least one card on my XL.

oatmeal

Banned
I bought Madden 13 on the Wii U.

Playoff football has me with the itch. I know it doesn't have Infinity, but I don't care.

BriBri

2012 charts in Japan. They did list the Top 25s but I only had time for the Top 10s (too many translation searches for the non-Virtual Console stuff)

Nintendo 3DS Download Soft 2012 Ranking
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokémon AR Searcher
Denpa Ningen no RPG
3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
Pokédex 3D Pro
Denpa Ningen no RPG 2
Freakyforms! Your Creations Alive
Touch Battle Tank 3D
Pushmo/Pullblox
New Super Mario Bros. 2

Virtual Console 2012 Ranking
Super Mario Bros.
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Super Mario Bros. 2 (Lost Levels)
Link's Awakening
Super Mario Land 2
Sonic & Tails
Donkey Kong ('94)
Kirby's Dream Land
For The Frog The Bell Tolls
Super Mario Land

HYDE

Banned
Redeemed 200 points for Mario Kart 64...game is still as fun as ever...me and my two boys had a blast playing this gem tonight using gamecube controllers on wii in 480p.

BriBri

I'm just copy & pasting Nintendo Life again so all credit to them but UK releases this week...

3DS download software
Fractured Soul (Endgame Studios, €7.99 / £7.19) — Arriving in Europe at a reduced rate as part of a stand against game prices in Australia and New Zealand, in particular, this is a dual-screen action platformer that was years in the making. A clever experience that tests your skills while bombarding you with attractive visuals and a pulsing soundtrack, this was originally developed with a retail release in mind. You can learn more about the game in our interview with Endgame Studios from last year, and read our strong recommendation in our Fractured Soul review.

3DS Virtual Console
Blaster Master (Sunsoft, €4.99 / £4.49) — Set in New York, this is a fondly remembered NES action title that blends top-down 2D play with sidescrolling action stages; you get to use Sophia the 3rd, a rather powerful "heavily armed multi-purpose vehicle". A favourite among plenty of retro gamers, we'll see how this one's blasting action fares on the handheld platform — until then you can always check out our Master Blaster review for the Wii Virtual Console.

Wii U retail demo
ZombiU (Ubisoft, free) — Originally thought to be on the way in December last year, the ZombiU demo has finally arrived on the European eShop. Unfortunately its 18 rating means that you'll have to wait for a four hour window late tonight to download it — at least it'll be appropriately dark and spooky when you give it a try and bash some zombie heads.

DSiWare
Kung Fu Dragon (Agetec Inc, 200 Nintendo Points) — This one's a bit of a surprise arrival in Europe, sneaking onto DSiWare 18 months after it landed Stateside. While the name may suggest something along the lines of Ninja Gaiden, what you actually get is a challenge to climb and jump up the Mystical Waterfall to prove your credentials. An incredibly simplistic but addictive experience where you simply move and jump up a vertical stage until you eventually perish, we had some positive words to share in our Kung Fu Dragon review.

Wii Virtual Console
Ninja Master’s Haoh-Ninpo-Cho (D4 Enterprise, 900 Nintendo Points) — Re-arrange these words: game, fighting, Neo Geo. While it's tempting to make fun of the constant stream of fighting games — the run and gun genre also gets a look in — from one of retro gaming's coolest machines, we ultimately have to also acknowledge that a lot of these titles are fantastic; we should be grateful to have a chance to add a lot of these to our collection. With the choice of 10 different ninjas or warriors and moves with names such as "Super Death Blow", this sounds like a promising addition. The twist here is the ability to quickly switch between fighting with weapons or hand-to-hand, and we gave it a solid recommendation in our Ninja Master’s Haoh-Ninpo-Cho review.

The lack of WiiU content is utterly disgusting. I mean, cool for the ZombieU demo and full game, but after last week I expected more. Glad I still got BLOPS 2 to play, but C'mon Nintendo you can do better.

gar3

gibkz.png

Nintendo DSi

• 1.4.4 System Software - March 21, 2012
Sorry to be that guy but the latest update for Nintendo DSi was December 11, 2012 with 1.4.5

Pikma

Banned
The lack of WiiU content is utterly disgusting. I mean, cool for the ZombieU demo and full game, but after last week I expected more. Glad I still got BLOPS 2 to play, but C'mon Nintendo you can do better.

It's incredible that they're already experiencing their typical drought, 2 months in, even when they specifically said they would do whatever possible to avoid that situation.

Baconbitz

Banned
So, I really like Dinosaur office. That led me to think what happened to Nintendo offering downloadable movies/shows/shorts? Couldn't you download some of the shorts that were on the video app?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• ZombiU (Ubisoft | Demo Version) Upcoming (01/10)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Blaster Master (Sunsoft | Nes | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (01/10)

Wii | Virtual Console

• Ninja Master's Haoh-Ninpo-Cho (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Upcoming (01/10)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Kung Fu Dragon (Agetec | 200 Points | €1.99 | £1.79) Upcoming (01/10)

zigg

So, I really like Dinosaur office. That led me to think what happened to Nintendo offering downloadable movies/shows/shorts? Couldn't you download some of the shorts that were on the video app?
You once were able to drop a couple bucks on some Dreamworks shorts.

I personally dropped not a single buck.

EdgeXL

Doesn't look like anything interesting for the 3DS eShop is coming out this week for the US. Guess I'll pick up a VC game.

BooJoh

I still maintain that I'd buy some of the Kid Icarus shorts if they put them up on the eShop. I also would've bought any HTTYD shorts if Dreamworks had made any, but it seems like the ship has sailed on the idea of buying downloadable videos on the eShop.

On another note, I'm a little baffled that Wii U doesn't have an equivalent to Nintendo Channel or Nintendo Video. Heck, they don't even put Nintendo Direct up on the eShop for streaming like they do on 3DS. I realize it's a new system but the launch window support feels even thinner than some past systems have had.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hope they upload the Pokemon X and Y trailer to the 3DS soon, come to think of it. Wanna see what it'll look like on the 3DS.

Frolow

Banned
Any word on what's taking them so long to put Shantae up on the VC?

EDIT: That reminds me, what happened to Sonic Blast and Sonic Labyrinth? They were supposed to be added last summer and still aren't on there yet. I doubt anyone is itching to play Sonic Labyrinth but still.

Any word on what's taking them so long to put Shantae up on the VC?

EDIT: That reminds me, what happened to Sonic Blast and Sonic Labyrinth? They were supposed to be added last summer and still aren't on there yet. I doubt anyone is itching to play Sonic Labyrinth but still.
It sucks that they have done nothing to follow up on the original 3 Game Gear VC games. That's it, nothing else. I'm never going to be able to play Wonder Boy Dragons Trap on my 3DS am I :(

The main Virtual Console logo in the 3DS E-shop pisses me off. I can see the title screen for Defender's of Oasis for the Gamegear there among many others, but sadly it isn't available yet. I hate being teased like that.

Just bought Zelda II.

I forgot how great this game was. Savestates are going to make this MUCH easier.
well a little more manageable in this day and age

@MUWANdo

Banned
I don't think Europe ever got the original Shantae, right? I would hope that EU would get it at the same time NA does.

Right, the original release was NA-only, but I don't think that affects what can/can't be released in the same way it affected the Wii VC. Any delay will be purely logistical--that is to say, I don't know that WF has even started the ball rolling on a PAL release, so assuming it takes as long to pass cert as the NA release is, it may be a very long time before PAL-land sees Shantae.

They were announced before Sega ran out of money, I guess. I want to say they were listed on the last schedule NOA put out, but I really can't remember.

@MUWANdo

Banned
You'd expect with Sega stressing a digital future that they'd have gone nuts with GG games.

Eh, not really. I mean, who's even gonna buy most of 'em? I'm sure they'd be more lucrative if they weren't obligated to release three terrible Sonic spinoffs for every halfway-decent game.

Eric C

It sucks that they have done nothing to follow up on the original 3 Game Gear VC games. That's it, nothing else. I'm never going to be able to play Wonder Boy Dragons Trap on my 3DS am I :(

I've been waiting for the Game Gear version of Columns, I thought that was supposed to show up on the 3DS eShop.

I honestly thought if nothing else they'd have Dragon's Trap up pretty damn soon into the eShop's life.

WTF WHERE IS IT SEGA FFS

It was randomly left off the Xbox and PS3 pack things from last year, almost like they were perfectly planning things to work out only to forget to release it. :|

Wii VC awesomely had almost every Wonder Boy game you could ask for :D but 3DS can't even get one of the few it could have and the one that I want the most. :(

BriBri

There are 11 Game Gear games available on the Japanese eShop so at least it's more probable of coming over than the PC Engine GT games are for instance.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Well they sure did put a lot of love into the GG emulator just to stop at a few games.

Well yeah, just going on what's on the JP eShop I think it's clear that they intended to release way more GG games... the question is, why did they stop? Like I said, I'm guessing it's a combination of them being strapped for cash, and the games they've already released not selling well. Hopefully they get back to it soon--I'd love to play Master of Darkness, Shining Force, Dragon's Trap, etc again.

(in a perfect world the delay would be due to Sega being busy renegotiating Wii U licenses for all their Wii U VC games so we can re-download 'em ASAP, but who knows)

CANLI

Grabbed Harmoknight and Denpaman 2 while it was in sale. :)

Harmoknight has already english voices and it's a cool and difficult game.

Javier

Demo of Fire Emblem: Awakening on Jan. 17. Also DLC fully confirmed.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=36846

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT KEEPS THE EPIC ADVENTURE OF FIRE EMBLEM AWAKENING BURNING BRIGHT

Jan. 10, 2013

Nintendo has revealed new information about Fire Emblem Awakening, launching exclusively for Nintendo 3DS on Feb. 4. The story of Fire Emblem Awakening begins in the kingdom of Ylisse and centers on Lord Chrom, the brother of Ylisse's Holy Ruler. Chrom leads the Shepherds, a band of soldiers who defend the borders of Ylisse from Plegian bandits. Players create a custom avatar and play as Chrom's right-hand man who is deeply ingrained in the main storyline. In addition to an immersive storyline, Fire Emblem Awakening keeps the adventure going with StreetPass and SpotPass functionality, as well as downloadable content available for purchase. Newly revealed information includes the following:

Downloadable Content: Maps will be available to purchase and download starting on launch day, and others will be distributed regularly. The first downloadable map will be available for free for a limited time only and will serve as an introduction to the steady weekly stream of additional maps. The additional maps will be offered at different price points. Players with a copy of Fire Emblem Awakening and a broadband Internet connection will be able to access the downloadable content through the Outrealm Gate located on the in-game world map, which will be unlocked after the player completes the fifth mission in the main story mode. The content will include additional information about new class types, skills, playable characters, maps with new storylines and special maps that let players earn more experience points, gold or other rare items.

SpotPass: In addition to content that can be purchased from within the game, Nintendo will also distribute new content via SpotPass for free. SpotPass content will be distributed in the launch time frame and will feature new maps with new storylines, characters and items.

StreetPass: Fire Emblem Awakening players can set up a StreetPass Team and exchange certain game data with other players. The StreetPass Team is made up of 10 units from an existing team in story mode. Players can also edit team names and create custom messages for other players to see. StreetPass characters will randomly appear on the world map, giving players the option to recruit the team leader with gold, buy any weapons or items the team is carrying or battle and win to recruit the leader for free. Like the random battles in the main story mode, the player will have full control of battles in StreetPass mode. Players will also earn "renown" based on battles won. A players' "renown" is visible to other players through StreetPass.

Fans can also try out Fire Emblem Awakening prior to launch by downloading the free demo available in the Nintendo eShop. The demo will be available on Jan. 17. When the game launches on Feb. 4, shoppers can purchase the packaged game as usual at retail locations nationwide. Or they can simply purchase and download the game on their own from the Nintendo eShop using a wireless broadband connection. Regardless of their purchasing method, the game sells for a suggested retail price of $39.99. For more information about Fire Emblem Awakening, visit http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
The PL store just got a '5-star' front-page promo category. Guess who's in (hint: somebody page beril ; )

joedick

Wow, you guys are slow on crappy weeks!

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - JAN. 10, 2013

Jan. 10, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U™

ZombiU™ Demo – A great plague has enveloped the city in a fog of death. The Infected prowl through the streets, waiting to prey on your living flesh at every turn. ZombiU is built from the ground up to take full advantage of Wii U, and will test your will to survive in a fear-fueled zombie nightmare. The Wii U GamePad controller becomes your all-in-one survival kit for tools, inventory, med kit and maps. Feel the tension mount as you try to keep your eyes on the TV and Wii U GamePad controller at the same time. ZombiU is available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and at retail stores.

NBA® 2K13 Demo – NBA 2K13 has joined forces with the legendary Jay-Z as executive producer to transcend sports video games and take virtual hardwood to the next level. Featuring game-play features unique to the Wii U console, NBA 2K13 will allow players to use the Wii U GamePad controller to get up-to-the-second details on their players' moods, fatigue levels and performance, while also calling plays and making coaching decisions and substitutions. NBA 2K13 is available for purchase in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U and at retail stores.

Also new this week:
• Meat or Die: Ines (Nintendo Video™ on Nintendo 3DS™)
• Hello Kitty Picnic with Sanrio Friends (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Reel Fishing® 3D Paradise Mini (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Wild Adventures: Ultimate Deer Hunt 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• 101 DinoPets 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Biorhythm (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™ Shop on Nintendo DSi)
• WORLD HEROES 2 (Virtual Console for Wii™)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadcfD3rGaW.php.

Brazil

7f5TM.png

• NBA 2K13 (2K Sports | Demo Version) Latest release!
  • ZombiU (Ubisoft | Demo Version) Latest release!

Wii | Virtual Console

• World Heroes 2 (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Latest release!

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Biorhythm (CINEMAX | 200 Points | $1.99) Latest release!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
7f5TM.png

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

About Hello Kitty and Reel Fishing. They should be respectively $19.99 and $3.99; there's an image from eShop on that Nintendo site where you can Go.
Something to notice: Hello Kitty is priced $10 lower than on retail.

Brazil

About Hello Kitty and Reel Fishing. They should be respectively $19.99 and $3.99; there's an image from eShop on that Nintendo site where you can Go.
Something to notice: Hello Kitty is priced $10 lower than on retail.

Thank you.

7f5TM.png

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Top Bottom