• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election 2017 |OT2| No Government is better than a bad Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mman235

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH DESPAIR NOW HOPE IS MY BEST FRIEND

Too soon

There's definitely something to the potential of Labour to pick up UKIP voters; my dad voted UKIP last time, but this time he went Labour despite never voting them before, so I've definitely seen my own proof of Labour potentially picking up a lot of people who went UKIP for the (supposed) protest vote/anti-establishment aspects.

Wes

venison crêpe
Updated/

Code:
TORIES

Constituency 	Yougov 	Actual
Houghton & Sunderland South 	29 	29.7
Sunderland Central 	        33 	33.4
Newcastle Upon Tyne Central 	25 	24.6
Newcastle East 	               26 	24
North Swindon 	       52 	53.6
Sunderland West 	29 	28.8
Newcastle Upon Tyne North 	31 	33.9
Kettering 	60 	57.9
Nuneaton 	46 	51.6
Broxboune 	56 	62.2
Middlesborough 	26 	26.7

LABOUR
Constituency 	Yougov 	Actual
Houghton & Sunderland South 	56 	59.5
Sunderland Central 	53 	55
Newcastle Upon Tyne Central 	63 	64.9
Newcastle East 	59 	64
North Swindon 	35 	38.4
Sunderland West 	57 	60.7
Newcastle Upon Tyne North 	54 	55.4
Kettering 	32 	36.5
Nuneaton 	42 	41.3
Broxboune 	26 	28.9
Middlesborough 	59 	65.7

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
To call an election during Brexit negotiations is irresponsible. To call a second is petulant and disgusting. Brexit should always have been conducted cross party because of the closeness of the result. If the outcome is a hung/narrow majority then they should conduct it that way. Respect the will of the people lol

WhatNXt

No way! Small world!

I've heard literally nothing from either other candidate, and had Matheson leaflets actually talking about local stuff.

I was very impressed by people in his campaign office but also how lovely people were on the doorstep. Even people who admitted they weren't voting for Labour were perfectly friendly towards us. One guy went off about nuclear weapons but otherwise a really good day. Really hope Chris is returned, everyone working for it today deserves the good news!

"Britain Elects‏ @britainelects 34s35 seconds ago
Tight fights in Shipley (Con, Philip Davies) and Putney (Con, Justine Greening)"

oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease please please please please let Philip Davies have lost his seat

I wasn't going to drink tonight but if they both go, I'm opening the 18 year old malt I was saving for my mum and dads 50th wedding anniversary. News is getting better by the minute.

Hasney

DB1jymaVYAAqejn.jpg:large

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I believed in Arsenal beating Chelsea against the odds and that happened. I believe this could be even worse for the Tories than the exit poll suggests.

Time to break out the M&Ms.

liquidtmd

Banned
The Sun, the Daily Mail et all helped Labour

The more they absolutely screamed he was evil, the less people listened. It's that simple.

If this holds up someone needs to do a Theresa May Persona 5 meme video...

"You'll never see it coming
You'll see that my mind is too fast for eyes
You're done in
By the time it's hit you, your last surprise"

Lo-Volt

"Britain Elects‏ @britainelects 34s35 seconds ago
Tight fights in Shipley (Con, Philip Davies) and Putney (Con, Justine Greening)"

oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease please please please please let Philip Davies have lost his seat

Justine Greening is education secretary. Amber Rudd is Home Secretary. Battersea is also held by a minister. If you're Theresa May and you're watching cabinet colleagues get defeated for your gamble... sheesh.

BYE MISS

Zubz

Banned
I don't know enough about UK politics (American here!), but based on what I heard on what I heard on NPR, this is looking good, right? Like, very good? Exact opposite of the Trump election good?

gngf123

Boris will surely lose them more seats, right?

Go for it mate.

He gets away with so much disgusting shit because people think he is funny and a bit of a lad.

I am really not sure how him as leader would go. He could be seriously dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom