• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

crpav

How does cross realm and playing with people not on my server work? I ask because would like to get 3 others to help me do the Blood Infusion quest for the ICC legendary but my guild is so hard to find anyone to help. Trying to ask in chat in a major city is even worse.

Mupod

raging necrotic fortified

withered jim

so joke tier high mythic plus if your group has stuns

Concerned about Necrotic as I've heard it's bad for DK tanks.

Might run the Death and Decay snare for kiting instead of the fear, but I have the sprint on CC legendary ring so I'd rather keep the fear.

Lomax

I thought people said there would be three world bosses up we could choose from starting this week? Was that just a rumor stayed by someone wishing it would work that way?

How are spriests doing in mythic dungeons? I feel kind of useless in normal/heroic dungeons especially with trash packs.

The worlds first mythic+15 clear had a Spriest in the group.

What's the name of the character? I'd like to take a look at their armory page.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
no lock staff but i did knock this one out
image2xqxxn.jpg

scy

What's the name of the character? I'd like to take a look at their armory page.

Lilsomb; Warcraft Log of the clear is here.

I know of 3 15+ clears (within timer) so far and it's 3x Guardian Drud, 2x Resto Druid, 2x Fire Mage, 2x BM Hunter, 2x Enh Shaman, 1x Outlaw Rogue, 1x Destro Warlock, 1x S. Priest, 1x Disc Priest for classes used. something something new meta something

Milennia

Lilsomb; Warcraft Log of the clear is here.

I know of 3 15+ clears (within timer) so far and it's 3x Guardian Drud, 2x Resto Druid, 2x Fire Mage, 2x BM Hunter, 2x Enh Shaman, 1x Outlaw Rogue, 1x Destro Warlock, 1x S. Priest, 1x Disc Priest for classes used. something something new meta something
not really new technically, these were the classes that performed well on beta 15s as well despite changes mostly due to immunities in the case of hunter and mage, can basically fill in spriest-enhance-x at that point dps wise

bear was always best tank at high plus, with warrior close second

Tenebrous

Shit...

Guildy of mine. He's pretty much gone 100% since day one (level 27 artifact or something, decently leveled OS), saying he can't really enjoy another game until he gets his legendary on his Shadow Priest. Finally got one today... The bubble neck >.> Downgrade because it has no haste.

Pickman

How does cross realm and playing with people not on my server work? I ask because would like to get 3 others to help me do the Blood Infusion quest for the ICC legendary but my guild is so hard to find anyone to help. Trying to ask in chat in a major city is even worse.

Hit I, choose Premade on the left, then the Custom submenu, Create New Group, name it Blood Infusion ICC Group and then Create Group. Just wait until you get applicants, and you can invite them from that screen.

Tarazet

Jesus. I did the legendary quest line from my order hall and the hat with godly stat distribution for Enhancement upgraded to 855. Plus, demon tracking! Not going to replace this one for a while.

Y8K63v2.png

crpav

Hit I, choose Premade on the left, then the Custom submenu, Create New Group, name it Blood Infusion ICC Group and then Create Group. Just wait until you get applicants, and you can invite them from that screen.

Should have mentioned I did that as well. I would get a few applicants. I would say hi and either they would say hi, wait a bit, then leave or just leave. That or they would decline when I accepted them or leave right after I accept them. Worse is "how much you paying?".

Pickman

Jesus. I did the legendary quest line from my order hall and the hat with godly stat distribution for Enhancement upgraded to 855. Plus, demon tracking! Not going to replace this one for a while.

Y8K63v2.png

Can replace that off a world boss drop :X

scy

not really new technically, these were the classes that performed well on beta 15s as well despite changes mostly due to immunities in the case of hunter and mage, can basically fill in spriest-enhance-x at that point dps wise

bear was always best tank at high plus, with warrior close second

Ah, nah, was basically just being sarcastic on it and poking fun at how sim results get read. I think it's pretty much "as expected" group configurations, maybe Disc Priest being there standing out as an outlier (personally, I had figured Resto Shaman instead of Disc Priest to be the #2).

It does make me feel a little bad that I didn't level my Druid or Warrior to 100 pre-Legion though. I ran out steam at that point.

Fjordson

Sölf;219868514 said:
Atrifact Knowledge Questline. The one that gives you the Illidan quests. The AK 5 upgrade (or was it 6?) have this item, but it has baseitemlevel of 840.

Oh it has to roll up to 855. Damn, thought it was a base of 855.

Xeteh

I JUST replaced my 830 Farseer Helm that I've been using since unlocking it and upgrading it weeks ago with an 860 from a Mythic and was pretty happy about that. Still Crit/Haste though.

Anyone else feeling disappointed with the current state of crafting professions? They were great before most guilds got into heroics and mythic raids. Now they feel useless =(

Tempted to drop Tailoring for herbalism

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Anyone else feeling disappointed with the current state of crafting professions? They were great before most guilds got into heroics and mythic raids. Now they feel useless =(

They said it'll continue to be upgradeable in future patches so, may be a wise idea to keep it and farm Obliterum.

Sölf

They said it'll continue to be upgradeable in future patches so, may be a wise idea to keep it and farm Obliterum.

7.1 already allows an upgrade to 855 (so one upgrade more). It's not much, but it will be higher than normal Emeral Nightmare and on par with Trial of Valor.

Maledict

Blacksmithing was utterly worthless from the get go. By the time I had the materials and money to craft my first piece I was already getting better gear from world quests. There was absolutely no purpose in levelling it up at all unless you were a millionaire who wanted to brute force your way to 850 a couple of days early.

v1perz53

I don't know if it was hotfixed or something but it's pretty easy now.

Was the god damn same for me, 8 second activation time due to lag on all abilities while the boss himself and all the hostile players around him couldn't kill me in 10 years of trying. Terrible boss design. Thank god at least it lags too hard for people to taunt reset him...

Not having a very lucky week so far, my 870 from the order hall chest was a cloak, of which is the single only piece I already have at 870 (with a socket on my old cloak), double gold rolls from the world boss, no hidden appearance from ursoc, and my +5 keystone is Arcway. All it will take is archaeology quest to be spear of rethe again to complete my day.

scy

Didn't seem to lag nearly as badly but last week I killed him on reset vs a few hours after this time.

that sub-30 gold bonus roll tho

Does he still tank your FPS though? :p
Umm no not really. Maybe a couple drops here and there but nothing like last week. I'm wondering if they put him up twice to see if hot fix worked. Dropped 860 trinket for my fire mage that gives +600 to all secondary stats but debating between that or 845 trinket I have that gives me +int and crit

v1perz53

I also hate that it is Jim again this week because my most desired artifact appearance/color combo is the one for killing 8 different world bosses...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Got Crit/Haste helm from Jim. Pretty happy. I bonus rolled on a whim. Got the exact same helm.

Not happy anymore, just miffed.

Whew, new personal record Mythic+ 11 just in time for weekly chest (to be fair we didn't make the timer, that would still be 9). Gotta say Vault of the Wardens bosses on tyrannical are a cakewalk compared to Halls of Valor and that was on +10!

Milennia

Umm no not really. Maybe a couple drops here and there but nothing like last week. I'm wondering if they put him up twice to see if hot fix worked. Dropped 860 trinket for my fire mage that gives +600 to all secondary stats but debating between that or 845 trinket I have that gives me +int and crit

arcanocrystal is bis, even when compared to an 880 sinew.

Tarazet

I JUST replaced my 830 Farseer Helm that I've been using since unlocking it and upgrading it weeks ago with an 860 from a Mythic and was pretty happy about that. Still Crit/Haste though.

I've had really good luck in terms of well rolled gear for Enhancement. Well, I can just link it. I have often queued up and ended up with other Enhancements, and blown them out of the water. It surprises me how many folks have a much higher ilevel, but don't understand or care how important Mastery is to their effectiveness.

853 / 851 equipped, the stuff I have that is 860 is all bad jewelry that can't even validate its existence through extra main stat. The 855 ring and that hat from the artifact quest are legit ridiculous though, and I have one of the BIS trinkets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Zubeldia/advanced

I am at the point of having nothing to do, WQ stopped to giving me good gear, guild raid core is full and their schedule is out of my time and I got burnt in Ulduar for the mount.

Maybe I will try pvp or slowly wait the suramar rep to complete and do something else

Apathy

So woke up, checked my weekly chest, got very very lucky. Got m8 chest warforged to replace my m3 chest, oh yeah also got my FUCKING BIS LEGENDARY BOOTS... Ahem, excuse me got that outburst.

Xeteh

I've had really good luck in terms of well rolled gear for Enhancement. Well, I can just link it. I have often queued up and ended up with other Enhancements, and blown them out of the water. It surprises me how many folks have a much higher ilevel, but don't understand or care how important Mastery is to their effectiveness.

853 / 851 equipped, the stuff I have that is 860 is all bad jewelry that can't even validate its existence through extra main stat. The 855 ring and that hat from the artifact quest are legit ridiculous though, and I have one of the BIS trinkets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Zubeldia/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/warsong/Dromar/advanced

I've had really bad luck with mastery/haste gear, sadly. I have crit on way more pieces than I'd like but I just haven't had the right drops.

Tubie

Got a titanforged Arcanocrystal (875) from Jim!

For a Shadow Priest this is basically like getting a legendary.

Daniel R

According to reddit, some of the gear that drops from timewalking still have your main stat unlike the new rings and necks that only have stamina. If you manage to get a warforged/titanforged neck or ring, even if it was 820 originally, the extra int/agi/str will make it comparable to a much higher ilvl item from mythics/raids.

Until Blizzard hotfixes this of course...

Edit: Come to think of it, a titanforged timewalking trinket might be extra nice for those of us unlycky with drops so far.
Edit 2: Also, as a fire mage, some of those timewalking items look extra juicy since they are all crit for secondary stats.

Lanrutcon

I pug raid a few times a week with my Resto Druid, and the amount of people that can't handle something as basic as normal Ursoc makes me understand why LFR was doomed to fail as a concept. Which is sad, since I've always maintained that LFR could work if Blizzard had more faith in the general public.

How wrong I was.

Top Bottom