• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT6| All Our Heroes Are P.E.D.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'll probably be passed out for the main card, especially cause I'm looking forward to it and these things happen in MMA. I got a thing to go to tomorrow afternoon and I'll be getting completely blitzed right from the get go.
Oh boy I did not expect things to unfold the way they did. I dozed off when the first fight on the main card started. I only got 5 hours of sleep in the morning despite being exhausted from work the night before and there were 2 kegs, a bunch of liquor bottles, and catering at my good friend "Kirk's" party. I indulged in everything. I woke up when the straw weight title fight was starting and I actually sobered up and saw 3 rounds of it before things completely unraveled, which caused me to miss the Dos Anjos fight.

The newest of our clique, "Joe" was hooking up with "Kirk's" aunt. Outside, "Kirk" was unaware as his older brother "Harry" wanted to fight "Kirk" because "Harry" has gone off the deep end since his recent divorce and was trashed and wanted to drive, "Kirk" was stopping him. "Harry" is not even supposed to be drinking to begin with for reasons. Immediately after we diffuse this situation, the DJ who is also a friend of ours, started throwing up all over the patio floor since he was way too drunk. "Kirk" and us had to clean up the mess and sober him up. I feel so bad for "Kirk", his party fell apart at the end. His pregnant wife probably bit his ear off. By the time this whole shit was over I had completely forgotten to even check the results of the title fight, the card was well over.

Edit: names are English approximations to Spanish as hell names hence the quotations. The change is for simplicity.

scabro

Oh boy I did not expect things to unfold the way they did. I dozed off when the first fight on the main card started. I only got 5 hours of sleep in the morning despite being exhausted from work the night before and there were 2 kegs, a bunch of liquor bottles, and catering at my good friend "Kirk's" party. I indulged in everything. I woke up when the straw weight title fight was starting and I actually sobered up and saw 3 rounds of it before things completely unraveled, which caused me to miss the Dos Anjos fight.

The newest of our clique, "Joe" was hooking up with "Kirk's" aunt. Outside, "Kirk" was unaware as his older brother "Harry" wanted to fight "Kirk" because "Harry" has gone off the deep end since his recent divorce and was trashed and wanted to drive, "Kirk" was stopping him. "Harry" is not even supposed to be drinking to begin with for reasons. Immediately after we diffuse this situation, the DJ who is also a friend of ours, started throwing up all over the patio floor since he was way too drunk. "Kirk" and us had to clean up the mess and sober him up. I feel so bad for "Kirk", his party fell apart at the end. His pregnant wife probably bit his ear off. By the time this whole shit was over I had completely forgotten to even check the results of the title fight, the card was well over.

that sounds more entertaining than the card actually was, nerdchat would have kept you awake
Yet another card I missed because I passed out. I got the old.
dammit friend

you and ply both missed it. jj the gawd beat the stuffin out of carla

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

This is why I don't hang out with white people.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
that sounds more entertaining than the card actually was, nerdchat would have kept you awake
This is why I don't hang out with white people.
I thought me falling asleep and missing most of the card even though I was the one who ordered it and put it on the tvs would be the biggest faux pas since the party was tame up to that point but it doesn't even crack the top 10. One of our clique pissed off his wife since he got completely shitfaced and said some really nasty things and made an ass out of himself. After all the drama ended, "Joe", myself, and another friend went barhopping to wipe off the bad vibes. "Joe" got a call from "Kirk's" aunt so they could hook up again but he missed it, lol. We're all 30, that woman is around 45-50 by my guessing. He never asked her age because he didn't want to offend her of course, lol.

Also Carla looked scared before the fight even started. Or out of it. I think something happened with her personally before the fight.

Also Carla looked scared before the fight even started. Or out of it. I think something happened with her personally before the fight.

She said in the presser that she wasn't there mentally.

Regardless, that was not her fight to win. She didn't have the cardio to take JJ down for five rounds and she wasn't going to survive standing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
and yet he got banned anyways.

Uncle Dana can't be too thrilled with the results last night. Two new champs that can barely speak English.

dream

I'm sad about Showtime Pettis being exposed as a fraud too. The Ultimate has needed a handsome, charismatic, marketable fighter to fill the void left by BJ Penn's retirement.

Sadly, Conor will most likely be exposed too. Sigh. For Zuffa's sake, let's hope Frank Mir still has a couple of good years left in him.

scabro

This shit wouldn't have happened back in the old days when Vio-frenemy was here scaring off newcomers.

we need a scarecrow, our aura is gone

I'm sad about Showtime Pettis being exposed as a fraud too. The Ultimate has needed a handsome, charismatic, marketable fighter to fill the void left by BJ Penn's retirement.

Sadly, Conor will most likely be exposed too. Sigh. For Zuffa's sake, let's hope Frank Mir still has a couple of good years left in him.

alan jouban is the hope, friend
Young Pettis was spending too much time with the ladies of Silk instead of hitting pads with Duke.
duke flew back with cm punk on danas private jet and sent pettis back home on coach, is what im hearing

I hope the drug allegations are unfounded for RDA.

He's on a tear. Going through Cowboy, Bendo and Pettis. As boring as it might be, I'd like to see the rematch between Khabib.

Sucks both Pettis lost last night.

Fuck you pristine. Also...hello pristine.

Fuck you, Gr1mLock.

Also, hai Gr1mfriend! *Hugz! Missed you in the NC last night.

It's truly a new era of MMA-GAF, friends. Watch what you say outside of nerdchat.

Hit-and-run posting PC narcs who don't even understand the terminology have taken over even the Mixed Martials threads? A sad day.

duke flew back with cm punk on danas private jet and sent pettis back home on coach, is what im hearing

Before Duke left in the private jet with Punker and Dana, he made baby Pettis do 15 rounds of no-headgear hard sparring and then left him in a crumpled heap on a Greyhound bus seat heading back to Beer City, Cheeseland. "That'll toughen up his brain cotton," Duke was reported as saying before ordering his three fingers of Johnny Walker Black and sinking into the sumptuous leather of the Gulfstream.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Must've been my persecution complex at work again... my apologies then, carry on.

sass2.png

dream

You have to understand, pixelation...the only thing we hate more than Ultimate Fighting is ourselves for watching Ultimate Fighting.

a) Joe and Mike talked over each other to a ridiculous degree last night. It's like they couldn't hear each other in their headphones.

b) If Roy Nelson had an ounce of fighter IQ he might be a threat.

c) Theodorou appeared to have some mean HGH belly. The likes of which we haven't seen since Francisco Santos Mir.

d) Very impressed with Dariush. If he keeps up at the rate he's going he could be getting into contendership soon. UFC should start pushing his name out there and get people familiar with him.

Heel

Yeah, we used to think that way at one point. The year was 2007. Rich "Ace" Franklin was the best in the world.

To think many campaigned for its mainstream acceptance. It took some time to realize that John McCain had it right from the get-go.

I think most of us would agree that NHB is a low sport, on the tier of SlamBall and American Gladiator. Nothing wrong with that.

Meanwhile, UFC continues to wage a war with decency, pushing the envelope any way they can. How many times have you heard Joe Rogan attempt to convince the audience that 12-to-6 elbows are safe? Those things break bricks, savages.

To think many campaigned for its mainstream acceptance. It took some time to realize that John McCain had it right from the get-go.

I think most of us would agree that NHB is a low sport, on the tier of SlamBall and American Gladiator. Nothing wrong with that.

Meanwhile, UFC continues to wage a war with decency, pushing the envelope any way they can. How many times have you heard Joe Rogan attempt to convince the audience that 12-to-6 elbows are safe? Those things break bricks, savages.

SlamBall could've been the "world's hottest new sport," and "the fastest-growing sport in the world," and "the next FIFA," but stupid Ultimate Mixed Martial Human Cockfighting with PEDs had to slide in and ruin all that.

Every Overeem fight is entertaing, as you just never know when he will go down. He's legit made out of glass. If he had a chin he'd prob be one of the GOATS

TheChits

So this fight night card next month has a good undercard and the main card is great. What is going on?
Lyoto Machida vs. Luke Rockhold
Ronaldo Souza vs. Yoel Romero
Cub Swanson vs. Max Holloway
Felice Herrig vs. Paige VanZant

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Pettis looked a bit like JDS. Seemed a little too patient/confident whilst getting pushed back against the cage and beat up on the feet. By the time he realised it wasn't going to be easy to fire back, re-establish distance and start landing big the damage was already done and his opponent had switched to mixing it up and grappling more.

Every Overeem fight is entertaing, as you just never know when he will go down. He's legit made out of glass. If he had a chin he'd prob be one of the GOATS
I just don't know anymore. Considering Werdum vs Nelson I thought Overeem would either clinch Roy into oblivion or fail and get his block knocked off. But this is Jackson's Reem. He moves around a lot, throws from range, gets knocked down and wins by decision. Next thing he'll be instinctively shooting for doubles when he gets touched.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Didn't Reem crush Werdum in that fight? Also I think I remember Reem saying he had a broken hand/foot or rib or something.

Whenever they engaged on the feet, Werdum seemed to be winning.

But if Werdum got hit once he flopped to the floor to try to bait Reem into his guard. This is all the judges saw.

Top Bottom