• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you age well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelatedBookake

I'll be 40 in November. I've been told I look to be in my early 30s

TXCLcPC.jpg

Bruh... your triceps are impeccable

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Y'all got nothin on me

miXvwBs.jpg

qfPpRQI.jpg

Fuck, I mean I look different at 23 than 18 but still not enough. I need to get back on building muscle and gaining weight, I need to ascend by 25 or it's over for my before and afters

MastAndo

I don't think so. I'm almost 37 - my hairline is rapidly retreating north, and staying in any sort of shape is not as easy as it used to be...but just last night, I chatted up two girls back to back, both in their early 20's, who thought I was in my late 20's. One didn't mind in the slightest, the other was interested initially, but flat out told me over text later that I'm too old upon hearing my age.

Oddly enough, picking up girls in my 20's was a struggle, not so much nowadays despite my feeling (and thinking I look) old as dirt. Go figure.

I don't think I look super young for my age (32), but I am okay with how I've aged. My face thinned out as I got older and I got way better at doing my hair.

Hey I didn't know Bryce Dallas Howard has a GAF account!

I've aged well, at least going by, every time I buy alcohol and showing my ID, that no one believes I'm 34 and even questioning the ID thinking I look at least 20-25.

HeySeuss

I'm 41 and people are shocked when I tell them I have a 21 year old kid. So I guess that means I look younger than I am so that's good.

And lol at op... 20 fucking 2. You aren't even old enough to know if you've aged well yet. Geez

.la1n

Surprisingly well given how much over indulgence I did throughout my twenties. Approaching mid 30s at this point and outside some grey I really can't complain.

Manu

Eh, I guess? I've gained some weight and have some grey hair but I'm happier with my looks now than I was, let's say, when I was 20. I was really scruffy-looking back then, at my worst I was only 55kg (about 120 lb). Now I'm 28 and a bit chubby but I'd rather have a bit of a pot belly than being dangerously underweight. Also I look better with a beard, or that's what I've been told.

I don't think I've ever posted a picture of myself in GAF but here it goes:

I'll post an old pic if I can find a decent one.

In the right picture and on the right day I look pretty good for 42. Better than any day I looked in my 30s. The lines on my face, under eyes, and my skin in general has taken a toll in just the last 2 years though.

I'll leave it to you lot.

Nineteen and drunk
34957927035_50dd29d72f.jpg

Twenty and on my way to being drunk
34570600250_bba1d17373.jpg

Twenty Six, doing my best rockstar impression.
34570600270_50dd29d72f.jpg

Thirty Two, balding from here on out. Perma hat wearer...
34793995622_76f00fde5e.jpg

And Thirty Six
34917507366_021dc8cb14.jpg

34114720314_7bb28b340f.jpg

UrokeJoe

I'm doing okay. Nothing worth bragging about or posting pictures but not bad for an overweight bald guy in his pajamas.

Cerun

I think I have improved a bit in the last few years but I am still young so can't tell how well I will age in the future.

See, that's one of the things I love about myself. My hair may be going gray, but it's still long and healthy as ever. I haven't cut it since 2008.
Man, what I'd give to have gone grey instead of going bald. Not even my beard has gone grey yet.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'll be turning 38 in a few months. A woman at the liquor store asked me for my ID a little while back... so I think I'm holding up pretty well.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
You are photogenic as shit

Need to hit up a modelling career asap
I don't want to talk down the buddys look, but this is obviously a quite professionally shot picture, so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

@topic: I'll be hitting 31 in 2 weeks and can honestly say I have never looked better. Regular gym training, paying attention to your nutrition and a little bit of facial skin care does wonders.

FGMPR

Banned
This was me at 25
Untitled.png

This is me now, at 34
IMG_20160415_WA0001.jpg

IMG_20160421_WA0001.jpg

I usually get told I look around 25-ish. I used to hate looking so young, but now I feel pretty good about it. Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

Eh, I guess? I've gained some weight and have some grey hair but I'm happier with my looks now than I was, let's say, when I was 20. I was really scruffy-looking back then, at my worst I was only 55kg (about 120 lb). Now I'm 28 and a bit chubby but I'd rather have a bit of a pot belly than being dangerously underweight. Also I look better with a beard, or that's what I've been told.

I don't think I've ever posted a picture of myself in GAF but here it goes:

I'll post an old pic if I can find a decent one.

I have one rule that I follow, either shaggy beard or shaggy hair, but never the two together.

AdanVC

I'm a 26 year old long haired dude. I look particularly the same as when I was 20 except for some gray hairs due to having anxiety for years and get nervous easily. I also have more pronounced eye bags due to a disastrous sleep schedule i've been carrying for over a decade. I'm not overweight nor chubby but I'm not in shape either so I definitely need to excercise more. With this, I conclude I haven't aged that well :(

Bulk_Rate

I think I've aged well; my wife says so at least. I'm a redhead and we tend to appear younger than we are. I am much thinner than when I was married in 2000.

I'm 44 and the one thing I've observed with my circle of longtime friends in this regard is the dudes who drink the most, are starting to show it. Don't drink too much (I don't) - seems to be my lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom