• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CD Projekt's government grants: new details emerge, projects out by end of Q1 2019

boskee

CD Projekt has posted more details about the projects, that will be partially funded by the Polish government.

The most important part seems to be the timeline for all 4 projects (that is seamless multiplayer, cinematic feel, animation excellence and city creation) - they will run from 01/2016 and 01/2017 until 06/2019. It's important to note, that the funded projects should be released by that date, but CDPR can apply to have those deadlines extended.

All of the projects will be included in RedEngine 4, the next iteration of the RedEngine.

CDPR is now looking for the following contractors to help deliver all 4 projects:

For the Seamless Multiplayer:

- DevOps Lead
- Technical QA Coordinator
- Producer
- Network Programmer
- Network Programmer
- Automated Tests Programmer
- Design Director
- Technical QA Analyst

For the Cinematic Feel:

- Cinematic Artist
- Gameplay Programmer
- Sound Designer
- Animation Programmer
- Quest Designer
- Technical Quest Design Coordinator
- Cinematic Art Director
- Audio Programmer

For the Animation Excellence:

- Animation Tools Developer
- Animator
- Cinematic Artist
- Character Artist
- Tools Programmer
- Animation Director
- Animation Pipeline TD
- Technical Artist
- Character Art Director
- Producer
- Lead Character TD
- QA Analyst

For the City Creation:

- Engine Programmer
- Producer
- Environment Technical Artist
- AI Programmer
- Technical Artist
- Lighting Artist
- Living World Designer
- Tools Programmer
- Technical Art Director
- QA Coordinator
- Sound Designer
- Graphics Programmer
- Sandbox Designer
- Level Designer
- Environment Artist
- Audio Programmer
- Composer
- AI Programmer
- Gameplay Programmer
- Technical Designer
- VFX Artist

More here (in English)

LordOfChaos

It's such an interesting situation for gaming, The Witcher is one of Poland's largest cultural exports and so the government grooms them rather well. Is there anything else quite like that?

boskee

So Cyberpunk will be released by Q1 2019, unless CDPR asks for an extension?

Oops, the title should say H1 2019, 1st half, not Q1. Can a mod edit it for me?

In any case, I'm pretty sure they have already taken any delays into account, so my money is on end of 2018 as the release date.

Vinc

Oof. Seeing a new CDPR game after Witcher 3 will be insane. I can't wait. I can't even really imagine how you follow up on that.

Truant

animation excellence

BioWare:
1453393273-ba35704bc2913cea1f99b1877bee7246.jpg

brawly

I hope they don't show the game at all until it's running on the current systems, unlike what they did with TW3.

Damn, CDPR just blowing up in size. Here's to hoping they continue to be super, super successful.

Wouldn't it be great to seed CDPR turn into an EA or Ubisoft in the sense that they are managing smaller teams building 3-5 projects all at the same time, but they all have to pass the CDPR stamp of quality approval.

They seem to have the poise to make sure a game is done, and done right, before releasing, so it seems they could help shepherd other studios and be a rising tide for all boats in a sense.

wildfire

Banned
Was wondering, are CDPR games made on a "Polish" budget, or does all the talent on their team get western wages?

Uh. What counts as the west still varies somewhat in terms of wages. It's a silly way to ask this question. Regardless they are being paid in what counts as good pay for Poland's living standards.

Going to get Cyberpunk as my Playstation 5 launch game. A new console and a new CD Projekt game together is going to break me.

I don't think I can wait till 2019 for Cyberpunk 2077. That's two years away.

I can wait.

But that's because they haven't shown much yet, so while I'm looking forward to it, I'm not super hyped since I haven't seen the world.

But I'll likely be hyped when I see it. ;)

Uh. What counts as the west still varies somewhat in terms of wages. It's a silly way to ask this question. Regardless they are being paid in what counts as good pay for Poland's living standards.

Well, that's still like a third of what western wages are, though. And I'm talking average wages here.

If that is in fact the case, it's suddenly less of a surprise as to how much they can accomplish with the budget they're afforded. Can't wait for what they'll manage next!

Peroroncino

I hope it's not gonna be TOO huge, to the point where people are pushed away simply because it's too overwhelming.

I'm jumping in day one anyway, collector's edition and whatnot. Take your time CDPR and make another masterpiece.

Gothos

It's also worth noting, that a post on CDPR's Investors forum which stated that CDPR's communication in 2017 will concentrate on Gwent has been removed.
Where did you see it, OP? I checked inverstors' forum and there's nothing there.

Krosia

It's such an interesting situation for gaming, The Witcher is one of Poland's largest cultural exports and so the government grooms them rather well. Is there anything else quite like that?

CS:GO esport in Denmark comes to mind, but even that is not close to this kind of support and obviously different from game development.

farisr

All I'm hoping for is regardless of whatever the release date is, a PS5 optimized version comes out at the console launch (if this ends up releasing before the PS5 launches).

boskee

I'm thinking May 2019 at the earliest.

Hopefully not Q4 2020.

Keep in mind that they're going to release 4 games by 2021. We only know of 2 so far: Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077. There will be 2 more: one smaller (like Gwent), and one AAA title. They need enough time to build all those titles.

Exentryk

Can't wait to see Witcher 4 on Red Engine 4! It will be glorious!

Hopefully the wait isn't too long after Cyberpunk.

Top Bottom