• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

cj_iwakura

Did this. If anyone around here is willing to drop me one, I've got characters at 69, 79, and 227. Willing to grind characters to whatever to get a drop.

I'm trying off and on as well, if I find one, I'll let you know, but GFAQs has(had?) a very active community, didn't take me long to find one through there a couple years back.

Soulhouf

Did this. If anyone around here is willing to drop me one, I've got characters at 69, 79, and 227. Willing to grind characters to whatever to get a drop.

Which version of the game do you have?
I have all versions (Japan/US/EUR) and I did a dex character in every one of them so I can drop my maxed out sharp weapon to you.

Red UFO

Just completed this game for the first time last week.

I thought it was... weird? It found it to have weird difficulty spikes, and there were a fair few instances where I found the levels super easy but then the boss would be a nightmare, which strikes me as kinda odd.

Still a very good game, and getting that sword at the end of the Shrine of Storms is one of my favourite video game moments ever, FUCK those flying stingrays.

strafer

So I just finished the game last night. It was pretty awesome.

Now on my second playthrough (new character) I will pay more attention to the world tendency and stuff.

Also, Latria...man, what a place, I heard those damn bells in my sleep. Gives me trauma. :(

I see now why people like this game.

Wouldn't mind a Demon Souls 2.

jonjonaug

Like six hours of farming later and I finally got the pure bladestone on my level 227 character.

CJ if you're around there or willing to dupe a bunch of souls and grind that much I'll drop one for you.

cj_iwakura

Like six hours of farming later and I finally got the pure bladestone on my level 227 character.

CJ if you're around there or willing to dupe a bunch of souls and grind that much I'll drop one for you.

Hahahaha, not even close. My old PS3 has a character with that, if I ever manage to save the HD. My friend who needs it might have one, though.

Wow, this OT is still going after five and a half years!

I've purchased every Souls game because I respect them so much, but they've all intimidated me. I only got five or ten hours into DS1 at launch. Well, that changed in April when I bought DS3, loved the couple of hours I played, and then decided to plough through DS1. I crushed it!

I just started Demon's Souls last night and took about 45 minutes to choose a starting origin and make my character, only to get 2-shotted by the tutorial boss. This is going to be fun!

Gaaraz

How are you finding it now? :)

It is possible to kill that first boss, but the game expects you to die to progress the story anyway I think.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm currently on my 4th playthrough of Bloodborne. Once I finish the DLC I think I'll hook the PS3 back up and finally go through Demon Souls. I tried multiple playthroughs over the years but never really got into it. Same with Dark Souls.

Hopefully after loving Bloodborne so much, I'll be able to get into Demons and Dark.

Sorry for the bump, but just starting this game finally.

My query is about online.

After booting up the game it said there were no servers and I had to play offline. I rebooted the console twice and now it is connected.
Is there a limited number of spaces now the game is older? Are only a select number of people allowed to play online at a time now?

Cheers and wish me luck.

6for8

Can anyone help me out getting the friend's ring? I messed up my PWWT events and can't seem to get any invasions nor summons. I'm SL 148 in NA.

I could temp level a character and drop the ring. If you need the white tendency I could be talked into that unless it's 50 invasions. I think it's under 10.

PSN is in my profile.

this game is too easy!

db794da3d3f0940994b9391081c7eae8.png

i'm a scrub and proud of it

[NaK]

I might as well post here before I give up completely.
Playing the Asian version and need Pure Bladestone and Pure Moonlightstone. I just can't get them to drop...

I have all items except these on a NG+ char lv.186 if anyone would like a trade.
Also have a couple of NG characters between sl. 50-170.

:(

strafer

Man, Pure Bladestone and Pure Moonlightstone are a pain to farm, think I've gained 120 levels just by running down and killing that Red Dual Wield Skeleton in Shrine of Storms.

I only have those two left for my Platinum.

y u do dis From :(

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Just started this now, sl 22. Beat the the spider, tower knight, phalanx, and big ugly miniboss in 4.1, where should I go next? I'm kind of lost.

Just started this now, sl 22. Beat the the spider, tower knight, phalanx, and big ugly miniboss in 4.1, where should I go next? I'm kind of lost.

Considering you've beaten the mini boss, you may as well finish 4-1, as the boss there is fairly simple to beat.

In terms of difficulty of what you have available, in my opinion, from hardest to easiest I'd rank it:
3-1
2-2
5-1
4-1

I got the boss of 2-2 on my first try, but it's infamous for it's difficulty, in the sense that if you can beat that, you're set for the rest of the game. It's probably the best boss in the game though.
3-1 has a tough level, but an easy boss, 5-1 is a bit annoying, but fairly easy all round, and you're already like 90% through 4-1, and the boss isn't too tough.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Considering you've beaten the mini boss, you may as well finish 4-1, as the boss there is fairly simple to beat.

In terms of difficulty of what you have available, in my opinion, from hardest to easiest I'd rank it:
3-1
2-2
5-1
4-1

I got the boss of 2-2 on my first try, but it's infamous for it's difficulty, in the sense that if you can beat that, you're set for the rest of the game. It's probably the best boss in the game though.
3-1 has a tough level, but an easy boss, 5-1 is a bit annoying, but fairly easy all round, and you're already like 90% through 4-1, and the boss isn't too tough.
Got to the boss on 4-1, damn tongue kept hitting me constantly. Don't remember it being a tough fight but that was literally years ago when I played it last.

Go down to the bottom, don't try to fight him up top.

He has a broken sword stuck in his gut, hit it a few times and he flobs over, hit the bird on his head for maximum damage
<--- method to kill spoiler.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

He has a broken sword stuck in his gut, hit it a few times and he flobs over, hit the bird on his head for maximum damage
Thank, I'll give it a go tonight.

Damnit I wish this got a remaster so bad.

Lost 14000 souls to him. I'll probably be pretty active in the game again so I'll be in this thread lots. Gotta get to flamelurker soon!

red_sparrow

Neo Member

I
used arrows and magic - started from one corner, target locked his head, attacked once or twice while he moved towards me and then ran to another corner. rinse and repeat.

Recently plated this game (only took me 5 years and 10 months). It was so much fun to return to it after all this time - tho I found PVP/Summoning pretty much dead.

big fake

Just started this game and finished
Phalanx
boss fight and man I love this so much more than DS1 opening. I really love the dark and gloomy vibe of this game.

I'm gonna post my progress on step at a time and share my discoveries as I go. Looking forward to sharing it with all of you!!

RetroGameAudio

Neo Member
PvE preferably. Is PvP still active?
I haven't tried recently, but random low to mid level invasions throughout the game will likely have long wait times / low success. The main PvP hotspot is the very opening area of Shrine of Storms (literally between the first archstone and rolling skeleton). The suggested meta is 120, but if you plan on doing random invasions, you'll want to be level 118 at the max.

In Demon's Souls, you can't invade downwards at all, nor even your own level. You have to be at least two levels lower than the host.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Almost beat flamelurker on my first try last night. Came down to the last hit either way.

Anyone want to team up tonight to drop him? SL 27

RetroGameAudio

Neo Member
I was, I take it you cant be. Good to know.
You actually have to be in phantom form in order to get summoned by someone else. So if you were trying to drop a summon sign to help someone else, it should've worked if you were a phantom.

Were you trying to drop your sign inside or "too close" to the boss area? Did you try dropping your sign a bit further back?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
You actually have to be in phantom form in order to get summoned by someone else. So if you were trying to drop a summon sign to help someone else, it should've worked if you were a phantom.

Were you trying to drop your sign inside or "too close" to the boss area? Did you try dropping your sign a bit further back?
I'm a dingbat, I though I could put it down asking for help. Not to give it. Anyone willing to help with flamelurker? I'm at sl 32 and tried like 10 times with no luck. I'd appreciate it.

Edit, 11 times was the charm! Lol

RetroGameAudio

Neo Member
Ah yeah! To find co-op help, there's nothing to do other than wait around in human form (in an area with an undefeated boss), looking for summon signs. I imagine wait times can be pretty bad, given how old the game is and how many Soulsbourne titles have followed.

Top Bottom