• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus for free on swiss PSN woops :)

BadHand

If you don't like it, you may leave.

The false narrative is that conservatives sympathize with Nazis, which is just not the case. My grandfather lost his arm to the Nazis. I don't say that for sympathy, I say that so you understand where I'm coming from when I say I abhor the narrative that some crazy leftists spin that all conservatives agree with the alt-right/Nazis/supremacists. And just to be clear, I'm not accusing you of believing in that narrative. Using the conservative presidential nominee's slogan (and also the slogan of another prominent conservative President) in conjunction with Nazism in this political climate is very clearly one part of an intentional effort to tie these serious issues (of Nazism surging under the alt-right/the narrative of conservatives sympathizing with Nazis) to a little video game.

Read the above. You cannot just ignore the context and climate we're in. Not how this works.

You would think that a fictional, blood-and-guts alternate timeline about WWII history would be so far removed from real life that nobody would be able to draw these kind of parallels and go out their way to get offended. Moderate conservatives don't need to get offended on Trump's behalf. Just because you have a President that appears to sympathize with Racists and Nationalists somewhat, doesn't mean the topic should be more taboo than any other time it has appeared throughout modern history.

People had no issue with parodying Hitler and the Nazi's in the 30's and 40's, so it's strange that you find today's "political climate" to be something to highlight.

Though, it might help if Trump didn't borrow Hitler's "Machen Deutschland wieder groß" (Make Germany Great Again) soundbite as his personal campaign slogan.

Dabanton

I always find jumping onto these kind of store mistakes a bit tasteless.

From looking at the sales for it. This game definitely deserves your actual money and support.

And I think it's on sale already as well.

Anyone else getting an error translated to "Unfortunately, you are not authorized to purchase or download this content." ?

edit: Deal is dead I believe. I guess I just missed it. Oh well.

belinho

Tried to nab it but aparently i only got the trial version. If anyone got the full version and would like to share the account, it would be much appreciated

As far as im concerned, if you do support Trump, then you should be offended by this game. Way too many commonalities to ignore, racist, bigot POS.

Being a conservative is fine, and they play an important role in the balance of politics, but what that man and his cronies are doing is not conservatism, its down right fucking criminal. That and he can't even have the heart to condemn nazis and kkk even though he has all the time in the world to tweet whatever arrogant, insulting, intolerant, narcissistic bullshit he can come up with.

If conservatives don't want to be associated with the modern hate voice from neo nazis and other intolerant pos's, then maybe the leaders of said party should have done the right thing and condemned them and distanced themselves from it. Now, its up to real, actual, sensible conservatives to distance themselves from Trump and his band of criminals, because you'll be lumped in with them if you dont.

Pjsprojects

My Swiss French store version was a trial but my Swiss Dutch store version shows nothing about being a trial but has a few mins of download to go.
The game is downloading 56gb.

Consumer

Apparently there's no trophy list added to your profile, hence it's a trial. I guess it lasts until Nov 23 (or whatever the store decription says)

LordRaptor

Read the above. You cannot just ignore the context and climate we're in. Not how this works.

If historical parallels make you feel uncomfortable and an ad campaign unashamedly stating
JUH385Y.gif

makes you feel ashamed about an action you took... well, maybe question why you took that action and don't do it again

SenkiDala

My Swiss French store version was a trial but my Swiss Dutch store version shows nothing about being a trial but has a few mins of download to go.
The game is downloading 56gb.

My Swiss French version said trial in the confirmation email but the download says nothing about it and it's 56Gb also...

And I don't understand why would they put a "trial version" of 56Gb and a demo version that is only 17gb... But well, it could be a bug I dunno.

Lemonte

But there is now a trial button option on that page, which probably links to the sku everyone bought. I think, they've just merged the 2 listings.

I don't know if this means anything but original listing was CUSA07377 and now it's CUSA07379.

All Trump had to do was make a fucking fake statement that he doesn't support Nazis even if he really does, but he couldn't even do that. He caused this and his supporters get the rewards of that, youre all viewed as racist bigots now whether you like it or not.

CJY

Banned
Go into the live area of wolfenstein 2 (by going down from the home icon) and click on the button with the three dots and you’ll see the option to buy.

On mine it’s :
Buy €69.99
Join PS Plus and Pay €34.99

Note: I have no trophies. I’m still not completely sure whether this means it’s the full version or not. Hehe

Edit: oh! that’s only if I play with a different account. On the Swiss account i just have the options for like and rate. Still no trophies though.

BadHand

Go into the live area of wolfenstein 2 (by going down from the home icon) and click on the button with the three dots and you’ll see the option to buy.

On mine it’s :
Buy €69.99
Join PS Plus and Pay €34.99

Note: I have no trophies. I’m still not completely sure whether this means it’s the full version or not. Hehe

did you buy/download prior to the link being updated from CUSA07377 to CUSA07379?

CJY

Banned
I bought literally before there was even a second post on this thread. So it was pretty early. How do you check the code?

Edit: it’s in the receipt. Yeah, I have the 77 version

Matter

Banned
If historical parallels make you feel uncomfortable and an ad campaign unashamedly stating
JUH385Y.gif

makes you feel ashamed about an action you took... well, maybe question why you took that action and don't do it again

And you've already gone back to ignoring my gripes with the ad campaign (if you even read them or understood them at all). If the ads were as simple as "LET'S KILL NAZIS" (like you mistakenly believe), I'd have no gripes. I would've paid $60 Day 0.

And you've already gone back to ignoring my gripes with the ad campaign (if you even read them or understood them at all). If the ads were as simple as "LET'S KILL NAZIS" (like you mistakenly believe), I'd have no gripes. I would've paid $60 Day 0.

Trump supporters deserve every piece of Vitriol headed their way. That ad campaign was awesome. As an upstanding honourable conservative, you should be distancing yourself from the criminal regime in power and pointing the same finger we're all pointing.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Ιt wasn't the message. For me it was the dumb way it was spoon fed to us. Like they were trying to convince the lowest common denominator crowd.
Don't feel so offended mostly people trolling in this thread it seems,
The story is just plain trash in this game. My only gripe is that it takes itself seriously at some parts XD
don't overthink it to much.

Matter

Banned
Trump supporters deserve every piece of Vitriol headed their way. That ad campaign was awesome. As an upstanding honourable conservative, you should be distancing yourself from the criminal regime in power and pointing the same finger we're all pointing.

I would if the fingers weren't already pointed at you and me.

Sailent

Banned
Did you miss the part where I loved Wolfy 1?

Rewind to the game's ad campaign. Copping "Make America ___ Again," referencing "punch a Nazi," etc. All seemingly innocuous contemporary political references that just further reinforce the offensive narrative that conservatives (especially Trump supporters) are crazy Nazi sympathizers. I'll pass, thanks.

Well, you gotta admit, nazis watch over the interests of the right wing. So it's easy to assume Trump supporters are nazi sympathizers :S

Or not?

LordRaptor

Its an advert for a videogame.
Its not James Joyce Ulysses.

If you're getting a nagging feeling that you did something that you should be ashamed of, thats ole jiminy cricket on your shoulder.
If you're projecting symbols things that aren't there, thats good old apophenia

Matter

Banned
Well, you gotta admit, nazis watch over the interests of the right wing. So it's easy to assume Trump supporters are nazi sympathizers :S

Or not?

Nazism inherently conflicts with conservatism in terms of both governmental and economical underpinnings, but whatever.

RefigeKru

Banned
Nazism inherently conflicts with conservatism in terms of both governmental and economical underpinnings, but whatever.

The founder of Daily Stormer, an American neo-Nazi and white supremacist site which considers itself to be part of the alt-right movement, hailed the fact President Trump ”outright refused to disavow" the gathering of white supremacists.

”People saying he cucked are shills and kikes," said its editor Andrew Anglin. ”He did the opposite of cuck. He refused to even mention anything to do with us. When reporters were screaming at him about White Nationalism he just walked out of the room."

Another Daily Stormer commenter said: "Trump comments were good. He didn't attack us. He just said the nation should come together. Nothing specific against us. He said that we need to study why people are so angry, and implied that there was hate... on both sides! So he implied the Antifa are haters."

Antifa, shorthand for antifascist organisations, refers to a loose coalition of decentralised, grassroots groups opposed to the many guises of fascism which began in Europe in the 1920s.

”There was virtually no counter-signaling of us at all," the Trump supporter continued. ”He said he loves us all. Also refused to answer a question about white nationalists supporting him. No condemnation at all. When asked to condemn, he just walked out of the room. Really, really good. God bless him."

Richard Spencer, a leading white supremacist who rose to fame for being punched at an anti-Trump protest, was similarly supportive of President Trump's response to the violence which erupted between those opposed to the removal of a statue from a local park of Civil War Confederate General Robert E Lee and counter-protesters.

After Mr Trump tweeted earlier on Saturday ”We ALL must be united and condemn all that hate stands for," Spencer, who is credited with coining the term ”alt-right", replied: ”Did Trump just denounce Antifa?"

Nevertheless, it would be wrong to assume all white supremacists have celebrated President Trump's reaction to the violence. David Duke, the former head of the Ku Klux Klan who found himself at the centre of controversy after Mr Trump failed to immediately condemn his endorsement during the 2016 presidential campaign, was less effusive.

Mr Duke, who was in Charlottesville, said: ”I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror and remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists".

He had been responding to President Trump saying: ”We ALL must be united and condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Let's come together as one!"

Rewind to the game's ad campaign. Copping "Make America ___ Again," referencing "punch a Nazi," etc. All seemingly innocuous contemporary political references that just further reinforce the offensive narrative that conservatives (especially Trump supporters) are crazy Nazi sympathizers. I'll pass, thanks.

>_>

Offensive Narrative omg

Honest question, do you remember the neo-nazis that were dressed like Trump?

More here --> http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...t_right_white_supremacists_are_extensive.html

adeptusminor

Neo Member
All Trump had to do was make a fucking fake statement that he doesn't support Nazis even if he really does, but he couldn't even do that. He caused this and his supporters get the rewards of that, youre all viewed as racist bigots now whether you like it or not.

I'm not sure exactly what you are referencing here, but Trump has said

"Racism is evil -- and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,"

This isn't going to end well for you, junior. Maybe change the subject. This is just a game about killing Nazis. And TrumpTards deserve to be ridiculed.

Composer

Matter is a 4chaner/from t_d. He's a super junior and joins on 10/24/2017 and starts pushing Trump narrative around GAF.

NoFoX

A lot of people say "Swiss French" and "Swiss Dutch".
Well, we'd not speak Dutch, we speak "Swiss German", French, Italian and Romansh - just to clarify. :)

I'm not sure exactly what you are referencing here, but Trump has said

"Racism is evil -- and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans,"

In a bubble that statement looks good but we all saw it play out in front of us and him having to make follow up statements until he had one that was acceptable enough. If he had said this in the first place sure, but he only came out with this after the backlash to his original fuck ups.

Valdega

So... for the people who took advantage of this obvious pricing error, I hope you never complain about piracy because that's essentially what you just committed.

If your justification is simply "taking advantage of pricing errors isn't illegal so I'm fine with it," you must have a pretty superficial set of principles.

Top Bottom