• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to my Gamestop this morning to see if they had any Switches. They said they were getting 10 (5 greys and 5 neons) either later in the morning or in time for tomorrow. The associate was so kind to call me if they arrive today, which they did and bought a neon one. One less worry for the holidays.

Gamestop and best buy both have received a lot of switches this week, best buy just updated their online inventory for in store pickup. almost all the local stores around me have the grey one in stock for 1 hour pickup, YMMV and all that jazz of course
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-32gb-console-gray-joy-con/5670003.p?skuId=5670003

heard gamestop also has a lot in store, but no way to check online

I think I'm gonna still wait till the holidays and see if there are going to be any cool Mario Odyssey bundles, I'm too busy with fall and Yakuza 0 and soon Destiny 2 and South Park to really play much with the switch right now.

Morgoth

Banned
I went to my local target to pick up alien. I saw at least 15 switches there. I ask the guy if they just came in. He said they have been sitting there for a while.

Clockwork5

I walked into a Target today for a few household items and out of curiosity wandered into the electronics section. I saw what looked like a Switch display that was empty so I, again out of curiosity, just asked the closest employee if they had any switches in stock. The kid walked over to the actual Switch display pulled one out and asked if I wanted any games.

Now, I could have and should have said "Oh, Im not going to get one, I was just curious."

But, instead I said "Mario Kart, Splatoon and a Pro Controller."

Now I am staring at an unopened Switch wondering if I should take it back tomorrow...

The Switch itch caught me by surprise.

I walked into a Target today for a few household items and out of curiosity wandered into the electronics section. I saw what looked like a Switch display that was empty so I, again out of curiosity, just asked the closest employee if they had any switches in stock. The kid walked over to the actual Switch display pulled one out and asked if I wanted any games.

Now, I could have and should have said "Oh, Im not going to get one, I was just curious."

Now I am staring at an unopened Switch wondering if I should take it back tomorrow...

Well if you have any plans to buy one for Mario and the holidays, keep hold of it - stock is surely only going to start getting thinner from here until Christmas.

Splatoon is great fun and very good for picking up and dropping throughout the day.

Mario kart well it's without a doubt the best in the series

Keep your switch if money isn't a factor :)

Bert

Open it.

Play it.

Keep it.

KtSlime

If you plan to play anything on it in the next 5 months, I would hold on to it. They might be a bit easier to find in September, but by the time October and November come around, I'm sure it will be as difficult as ever.

What the hell man??? No Zelda???

Clockwork5

What the hell man??? No Zelda???

Im working through two open world games right now, though I'm almost done with HZD.

I'm gonna sleep on this one. Or maybe ill rip it open tonight in a moment of weakness. Either way it seems like these things are getting easier to find but I also agree with those who suspect they will be harder to get moving into the holiday season.

Im working through two open world games right now, though I'm almost done with HZD.

I'm gonna sleep on this one. Or maybe ill rip it open tonight in a moment of weakness. Either way it seems like these things are getting easier to find but I also agree with those who suspect they will be harder to get moving into the holiday season.

Here's my thing. If you plan to get one at some point, as it seems, and you just bought one, what's the problem? Even if maybe you feel it isn't super enticing right now, if you feel it will be eventually then why not hang onto it?

I'd only return it if you feel like you're never going to want one. Even then, you could probably sell it at least at cost for the next 6 months minimum.

Stop with this foolish talk and just go get Zelda. Instant ramen is a delicious and healthy way to lose weight.

phanphare

Banned

you got a Switch, Splatoon, and a Pro Controller

what the hell are you doing, open it up and get to splattin!

Clockwork5

you got a Switch, Splatoon, and a Pro Controller

what the hell are you doing, open it up and get to splattin!

Here's my thing. If you plan to get one at some point, as it seems, and you just bought one, what's the problem? Even if maybe you feel it isn't super enticing right now, if you feel it will be eventually then why not hang onto it?

I'd only return it if you feel like you're never going to want one. Even then, you could probably sell it at least at cost for the next 6 months minimum.

Advice has been taken. The Switch is updating and soon I'll be splatting through the night.

I'm a weak person, hehe.

I bought a neon joycon switch today at gamestop, they had a lot come in a shipment today. My gamestop required you to buy a game (physical or digital) plus 2 accessories which is kinda bullshit-y I think but I wanted MK8 Digital and a wii u pro controller anyways so just added a $10 screen protector.

They gave me $75/ea for my two daughters old 3DS' which have been collecting dust for years, I could have thrown in my vita for another $100 but I can't give up that old girl.

I half regret it since I don't really have much free time at the moment but it'll be a nice toy to take along when we go on vacation end of the month.

I bought a neon joycon switch today at gamestop, they had a lot come in a shipment today. My gamestop required you to buy a game (physical or digital) plus 2 accessories which is kinda bullshit-y I think but I wanted MK8 Digital and a wii u pro controller anyways so just added a $10 screen protector.

They gave me $75/ea for my two daughters old 3DS' which have been collecting dust for years, I could have thrown in my vita for another $100 but I can't give up that old girl.

I half regret it since I don't really have much free time at the moment but it'll be a nice toy to take along when we go on vacation end of the month.

Wait, they required you to purchase other products before they sold you a system?! That's bullshit! Are you in the states? I work there and we've never had this unless someone was buying an online bundle.

Pisses me off that other stores make it so people hate this shitty company.

Clockwork5

Congrats on the new toy! I picked up mine today on total impulse so I get the regret. Though I'm sure a proper amount of Splatoon will cure that over the next few days.

Newboi

I recently pre-ordered the Zelda Switch Bundle from Gamestop. Impulse buy, but I'm excited. Now to play the waiting game...

Glix

Wait, they required you to purchase other products before they sold you a system?! That's bullshit! Are you in the states? I work there and we've never had this unless someone was buying an online bundle.

Pisses me off that other stores make it so people hate this shitty company.

My local gamestop is doing this as well. You have to buy a "bundle" to get a switch.

Its Switch + Zelda + Pro Controller + charge grip for like 440$ or something.

MTC100

Banned
My local gamestop is doing this as well. You have to buy a "bundle" to get a switch.

The Charge Grip is useless, other than that a good bundle, you'll buy that stuff eventually anyway.

Oresama

In the central florida area, I'm seeing them on shelves much more regularly.

Nintendo is getting their sh@t together it seems.

Online or in store?
Game stop offers a web in store service if you want to buy a bundle and sometimes that is all they can offer because they don't actually have any in stock at that location.

I sold 3 yesterday with no addition items, so those stores are trying to get better numbers.

Also some stores should have still have some in stock if you're in the northern NJ

John Lewis have been giving their stock to stores instead of the website from the looks of things. They had 135 come in this week which seems kind of modest. Really amazing service, reserved one at my local store and sent it out free by DPD after I paid over the phone. I figure they're going to be better than Nintendo's official store when it comes to dead pixels as I read Nintendo was not accepting it as a fault.

Joei

I was at a Toys R Us this afternoon and they had 2 Neons and 3 Greys on display. I was surprised to see them for sale, haven't seen any at the stores since around release time.

This was essentially me recently, and now I'm playing Zelda. What a damn game. Can't wait for Mario!

Finn

I saw two or three in a Target on Long Island last week, which was the first time in a while. I assume that production is catching up with demand at this point, which can only be a good thing.

naib

I got a wild hare this morning and found one in stock at a Toys r' Us near me. Bought for in store pickup at about 6am(I work early). They cancelled the order about 45 mins later. Now I had the thirst.. Found another at some other Toys r us a jaunt/town away(60min drive). Fuck it, ordered that one and they cancelled again 3 hours later with a different form and didn't immediately reverse charge that time like previous one.
Now I'm pissed. There's a 3 day hold on the second attempt.

Stopped at Target on the way home on a whim. They had at least 8 that I saw.

Downloading BotW now. Fighting urge to get MK8 again. Fuck Toy's я Us.

AEREC

I saw 2 switches in a Target in Redmond, Wa today. Was looking for an extra set of Joycons (Red & Blue set) which are apparently even more rare at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom